Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

One more post!...

Sky, Green,

Is it one of the two of you who has dealt with palps & elevated heartrate? I wanted to share with you! I recently discovered! ~ eating a higher sodium meal can elevate my heartrate a bit! Whoa! Eating low sodium or no sodium makes a big difference! For me, anyways :P Anyways, lol...don't know why I didn't notice this before! Have you? Or any other foods that you are mindful of?

Thanks for the tips! Hope all is well :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Bc-I came back prediabetes and am just mildly overweight(15-20pds).  I exercise and also eat super clean.  That prediabetes diagnosis using AC1 is a crock of shit.  The ADA along with drug companies recently lowered their threshold on the number now to include 1/3 of Americans. This number now makes 1/2 of China prediabetic.  If you notice, there are a lot of new commercials to treat high blood sugar and "prediabetes".  The WHO came out against the new measuring guidelines.  The same thing happened w cholesterol.  They lowered what is "normal" from 140 to 100.  What a racket.

All that being said...if you are showing diabetic numbers on the glucose and aci(I believe over 7) then I would get a second opinion. I am getting my numbers tested again at the end of the month and I'm sure they'll be better.  Last time I was getting hit w cortisol surges several times a day. 

Good luck!

Bravo.  You said that so well.  I remember the last time I got a checkup and they were pulling that shit on me, saying my sugar was in the "pre diabetic" range.  When all of these years I've been getting physicals and my blood sugar has been the same.  and now I'm pre diabetic.

I love how we don't idolize doctors anymore.  Gods with clay feet.  And they look so hurt and shocked when I refuse meds.  I refused a cholesterol lowering drug.  The doctor stared at me with his mouth open, like he couldn't believe it. 

Green-depending where you are located unison and Benadryl can be different drugs  In the U.S. Unison is Doxylamine and Benadryl is diphenhydramine.  Almost every variant of PM pill will contain one of these two antihistamines.  I find a 1/2 of unison containg Doxy every now and then has very little after effects.  The Benadryl I feel a bit more. 

A 1/2 of unison here in the U.S. Is 12.5 doxy and it knocks me out. Some extra strength contain 50mg. I can't imagine that.  :crazy:

Try each one and see which you seem to like better.  Hope this helps.

I took two gel pills, the diphenhydramine, and it did nothing.  This insomnia is major brain spinning and body humming and vibrating.  I just have to wait it out. :(

Bc-I came back prediabetes and am just mildly overweight(15-20pds).  I exercise and also eat super clean.  That prediabetes diagnosis using AC1 is a crock of shit.  The ADA along with drug companies recently lowered their threshold on the number now to include 1/3 of Americans. This number now makes 1/2 of China prediabetic.  If you notice, there are a lot of new commercials to treat high blood sugar and "prediabetes".  The WHO came out against the new measuring guidelines.  The same thing happened w cholesterol.  They lowered what is "normal" from 140 to 100.  What a racket.

All that being said...if you are showing diabetic numbers on the glucose and aci(I believe over 7) then I would get a second opinion. I am getting my numbers tested again at the end of the month and I'm sure they'll be better.  Last time I was getting hit w cortisol surges several times a day. 

Good luck!

...Drew, ...I couldnt agree with you more....5 years ago the acceptable total cholesterol number was 200 now it's 150. And they need to look at the type of cholesterol  individually...and the total triglycerides ....Pharma makes big money on both the tests and the medications...disgusting

......how are you doing?....Did the cold tame down?...keep throwing us words of hope....you are sounding so so good...coop

And I just saw on science news they have a new cholesterol drug that doesn't have the side effects, (stroke? blood clots in the legs?)  and they hope to be able to prescribe it much more widely.  Good.  Maybe my seven year old niece can take it. 

Thank you to my old and true friends. Where would I be without you? I shudder to think. I made it through the birthday baseball game. I joked, I held babies, I played second base, I took pictures. I'm tired. I don't feel right. I keep going. But right now I'm in bed and I know I'll keep going. I'm thankful for that tenacity while also realizing that thinking I could/should do it all got me in to this mess. I want to give up, in the staying in bed and staring at the wall way. I want to believe this bad dream ends. Your successes encourage me.

FJ, thank you for your words. Nova, Sky, Coop, Jenny.

21 months is amazing! congratulations Nova and Jenny!!!

Does it feel different? More hopeful than 17 months?

I'm hoping so. I'm so discouraged and trying to find courage.

Peace2

Ahh Peace, you did good. :thumbsup: 

I'm sure their isn't one person on here that hasn't felt discouraged, it goes along with all the suffering time we put in, it starts grinding on us after a while, but we take it..day after day..that's what we do for now.

I wish you didn't feel so discouraged, but I bet you will feel a bit better tomorrow after the big day you just had.

The bad dream Does End!!!! :smitten: Take Care.

Peace ... as others have said ... no one can "declare" a timeline for this process ... and ... you are doing remarkably well ... and the exhaustion is really lousy ... hope you get a lot of time this summer to get through the rest of this process ...  :smitten:

Peace, you're at 17 months. That was a tough time for me.  I started seeing real improvement at around 18.5.  Most everybody does.  Do your best.  Don't project.  Just take it a day at a time. :smitten:

I feel comfortable and comforted in this thread.  Just want to say thank you to all here, for providing a safe, positive retreat and for listening and responding to me.

Being in benzo withdrawal is an alien, terrifying experience.  Places like this are truly a lifeline for so many, including me.

Much love,

Serenity  :smitten:

Love ya back!

I never would have made it without this thread, these people.  I live right outside NYC, some of the best doctors and hospitals in the world.  And there wasn't a damned thing any one of them could do for me.  Except give me more mind bending drugs.  Thank God for Colin.  Thank God for Benzobuddies.

Peace,...I couldnt continue volunteering in the classroom let alone teach during w/d....You have done a remarkable job of holding up your end of the deal....I have read through thousands of posts over these last 19 months....very few people are able to work full time through this misery. I think you deserve a minimum of 3 weeks to do NOTHING.  I know that's unrealistic with little kids ...but ...w/d does not have an expiration date....unfortunately. ...You will always be a true MightyGirl on the timeline of w/d on this thread.

....Do you have a Domestic Union that you can appeal to. ?

...It was right about at the place where you are that I think Green got hit with debilitating fatigue....Wishing you some rest....a lot of rest....love to you...coop

Yes, it was debilitating fatigue.  It felt like chronic fatigue.  It felt like fatigue at the cellular level.  It's horrible.  And the fear is you must be very sick, very hopeless.  But that's not true.  It passes.  I'm walking four miles a day now, and I'm getting faster.  Just hold on.  Survive.  One day at a time.

ONEDAYATATIME ... the short answer is yes ... they can certainly be very difficult at this stage ... and some days it is indeed a mind trip ... and it does get better ... time is the healer ...  :thumbsup:

Thanks for this Nova! Is anyone else housebound at this timeframe? New symptoms?

ODAAT,

Dr. Jenn experienced a horrid wave that was acute at 36 months free. Late waves can happen. Hers lasted for four months. Post-wave came an incredible boost in baseline, and what she calls "almost healed". Baylissa also had a horrible acute like wave at 2 years, directly before she healed. Healinghope had one from 15.5-19 months.

Here is Dr Jenn's post on her blog at 36 months: http://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/2014/06/23/three-years-off-today-a-look-back-a-look-forward/

All of her June 2014 posts can be found on the same page as linked above. You can scroll to the very bottom of her blog and select other months to view as well; I might encourage you to view the four months of posts during her wave, and then the posts that follow those months...it is awesome to read what a change that occurred!! IMO, of course :)

You will heal and get through this! Just keep swimming :)

Baylissa also was very sick and in bed in the second year.  She healed at 24 months.  She said in her book, it doesn't matter how intense symptoms are, healing happens all the same.  People who are really, really bad can heal in the same amount of time, or less time, than someone with milder symptoms.

I used to get scared because I was really bad some days.  When you can't get off the couch, get out of bed, it scares the shit out of you.

Hang in there.

One more post!...

Sky, Green,

Is it one of the two of you who has dealt with palps & elevated heartrate? I wanted to share with you! I recently discovered! ~ eating a higher sodium meal can elevate my heartrate a bit! Whoa! Eating low sodium or no sodium makes a big difference! For me, anyways :P Anyways, lol...don't know why I didn't notice this before! Have you? Or any other foods that you are mindful of?

Thanks for the tips! Hope all is well :)

Mrs., Sodium can be a problem.  However, I can get elevated heart rate and palps from a drink of water, with me it's unprovoked.

And Sky was the one who had bad palps and vibrations.

Green-

There are two kinds of unisom, two different drugs. One of them does nothing for me. The other is the golden ticket when my body is revving beyond rest. It's the doxylamine that works for me.

Have you tried the unisom with that active ingredient?

And thanks for the love. I'll keep holding on. Month 18.5, I can do that.

Peace2

Green ... this is a tough time for you with the insomnia ... it can really tangle us up until it passes ... and you sound like you are doing well with other things ... this seems to be a pattern at this time for us ... things falling away and we are coming back in other areas ...

You know how to do this ... one day at a time ...  :thumbsup:

Good Morning ... got some sleep ... feel groggy and spacey this morning ... it has to be a barometric pressure shift ... storm coming tonight ...

That is my new go to blamee ... barometric pressure shifts ... that does not fit very well because when I am healed the barometer will keep shifting ... and it will do for now ... we will change the theory to suit the circumstances later ...  >:D

First day of Summer ... Father's Day ... and pancake day ... what could be better? ...  :thumbsup:

Morning Nova  :smitten:

Green-- the insomnia thing is so tough, but like Nova said its just another sx that cycles in and out. Hang in there and it will pass soon.

Peace-- month 17 I was bad off, very sick and just didn't feel right.. Hang on a few more months and Im sure your gonna feel a lot better.

ONEDAYATATIME ... the short answer is yes ... they can certainly be very difficult at this stage ... and some days it is indeed a mind trip ... and it does get better ... time is the healer ...  :thumbsup:

Thanks for this Nova! Is anyone else housebound at this timeframe? New symptoms?

ODAAT,

Dr. Jenn experienced a horrid wave that was acute at 36 months free. Late waves can happen. Hers lasted for four months. Post-wave came an incredible boost in baseline, and what she calls "almost healed". Baylissa also had a horrible acute like wave at 2 years, directly before she healed. Healinghope had one from 15.5-19 months.

Here is Dr Jenn's post on her blog at 36 months: http://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/2014/06/23/three-years-off-today-a-look-back-a-look-forward/

All of her June 2014 posts can be found on the same page as linked above. You can scroll to the very bottom of her blog and select other months to view as well; I might encourage you to view the four months of posts during her wave, and then the posts that follow those months...it is awesome to read what a change that occurred!! IMO, of course :)

Very encouraging Mrs!  A few months ago I wouldn't have believed that you could come out of a long wave like that. I'm not kidding I felt like I was in a wave from month 15-20.. I'm finally out and feel so much clearer, and better. Baseline is way higher, its all true.

Nova.  Father Wisdom to all of us on our thread...Happy Father's Day to you. ...You have been here with and for us every single day with support, encouragement, humor and recipes..  as well as your truth and vulnerability.  Thank you.. 

...love to you..  coop

All you guys here.. dads, uncles, brothers, grandfathers, ...

....Enjoy your day. You get special kudos today for coming so far with w/d and fighting every day to get your lives back. 

.    Wishing you huge sunbreaks..  coop

Mrs....thanks for the links... you are the lady of links to wonderful resources to keep us going.  Hope you are continuing your great progress..  coop

Green.  Any sleep?  Hope so...everything is worse without sleep. .. Wishing you sunbreaks dear friend.....coop

ODAAT,

Very encouraging Mrs!  A few months ago I wouldn't have believed that you could come out of a long wave like that. I'm not kidding I felt like I was in a wave from month 15-20.. I'm finally out and feel so much clearer, and better. Baseline is way higher, its all true.

Yay Jenny!! :yippee: You DESERVE to be out of the "muck" :)

Love to you,

Mrs....thanks for the links... you are the lady of links to wonderful resources to keep us going.  Hope you are continuing your great progress..  coop

:smitten: (((((Coop))))) :smitten:

Please please please tell me it's completely normal to be in absolute acute hell for 3 months from months 14 to current almost 17. I've never questioned medication intervention more than I have lately. I am a ton worse than last year. I'm 123 pound 5'9" male. Am I alone? Is this possible? Will I heal? Do I need to reinstate?

Acute can rear its head at any point but I think it dies back down.  My detox Dr said in his experience you can have acute at 1.5 years out.  Take it one day at a time. 

Nova.  Father Wisdom to all of us on our thread...Happy Father's Day to you. ...You have been here with and for us every single day with support, encouragement, humor and recipes..  as well as your truth and vulnerability.  Thank you.. 

...love to you..  coop

Nova, I second everything Coop wrote. I remember one night you were up reading.well actually listening to a book, you kept your light on here..just in case someone needed support.

I couldn't sleep that night and you assured me that you would be on here...keeping watch.

Your kind and selfless acts don't go unnoticed.

Thank you for being here for us.

Happy Fathers Day to you. :smitten:

Please excuse my butting in on this thread, but do not know where to go to find info about one particular sx that started around 13th-14th month, but now at month 18, is becoming more regular.

It's a physical craving (preferably something sweet) - But for what am not sure as eating doesn't make any difference, as the body is craving something but no idea what - recent bloods taken  all came back normal.Not sure what to do next to try to get relief.

Has anyone had this or can shed any light on it's cause please.

Wow, after I searched your post I found lots of people suffering this!  Yay, it's not just me!!!  Here is my response:

Hi Racksha,

Here is what I've been dealing with since the beginning of the year. 

Last summer we went on vacation which created a huge setback for me.  I became acute all over with terrible new s/x I hadn't experienced in the first year.

I was experiencing what felt like low blood sugar but all my tests were normal.  New s/x included vertigo and excruciating hot flashes that felt like hot oil flicking my face.  A friend suggested I up my vit C to 1000-2000mg a day which I did AND the hot flashes stopped.

However, I developed a 'scarfing' desire to eat.  Does that make sense.  I shovel food when I eat and have gained 30lbs very quickly.

My caloric intake is close to 3000 a day.  I am always munching or sipping on something.  Every morning I try to have snacks ready but very quickly exceed my boundaries.

I monitor my food but ANY sensation of hunger is unpleasant.  At night when I go to bed, if I haven't eaten in the last 3 hours it can cause me to wake up symptomatic.  My brain can buzz and I get dizzy. 

It feels like my brain said 'Screw you on suffering, I'm switching to food!'  There is an intense sensation for me when I eat or don't eat.  I can feel myself getting high from sweets, or calmed from protein, frenzied from hunger .. It's a burden to constantly have food on my mind.  I even looked up stomach stapling (not heavy enough yet!) because cutting away part of the stomach gets rid of the hunger chemicals that communicate with the brain.  Then I read about what the brain goes thru and you can have depression and insomnia for years after... No thanks.

It's a huge embarrassment to me but I know it's not impossible to overcome.  Many people gain weight in this process and s/x can't show up when and where they want. 

My detox Dr said in his experience acute can show up up to 1.5yrs out, so I'm chalking this up to more of the 'intensity' sensation w/d brings. 

To get past this I believe will take a huge effort but no more impossible then w/d.  Mrs gained 50lbs but has now lost it.

Knowing that others experienced this during the process gives me faith I can over come it too, but I've got to be committed.

A friend recently sent me this:

Read an article that talked about benzos disrupting every cycle in the body including Krebs cycle, ability to get lasting energy going. So, we eat constantly - mindlessly to keep our energy going. Look for protein and veggies in your snacks.

Anyways, I hope that helps.  I really believe it's more of the same.

Sent from my iPhone

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Re...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [di...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [...]
    • [am...]
    • [No...]
    • [Is...]
    • [...]