Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Coop ... I enjoy the new beets ... the old beets not so much so in the Fall I use sweet potatoes, celeriac root (the bulb from celery plants I believe), fennel ... anything this isn't nailed down or embedded ...

Carrot soup is wonderful ... and the new turnips work well too ...

And, there is always mushrooms ... we have a couple of growers around here who produce some wonderful mushrooms ...

This is the start of the season where there is too much to choose from ...  :thumbsup: 

Beulah,.. wow...so sorry about all the rain going on where you live.. .did your garden survive?...

...Thank you for telling me a little more about reflux or GERD.  I thought it would just heal and go away.  It has totally engaged my health anxiety, but I am working on all my self talk. Do you have days in which you feel really sick with it.  nausea, upper belly pain, no appetite.  ?.  I had hot milk and honey this morning but it made me sick and I just want to stay in bed today.  This is not looking like a good day today.  Hoping it will turn around.....yes...mashed potatoes and yogurt.  even the thought of those makes me nauseous

.....Beulah.  An Ark.  And an Island Healing Abbey?  You are a busy woman..  coop

No Coop, our garden is gone. We planted our garden at our daughters house and it is all lost...such a shame. :'(

I feel so sorry for so many people around here..some of them have lost so much.

My lavender that I planted beside the patio is gone, but it is nothing compared to other people's loss.

Yes Coop, a lot of my symptoms worsen with the reflux. So many foods have a lot of acid and trigger the reflux, nausea, upper belly pain, no appetite are all symptoms that I suffer with, but I don't know how much of it is withdrawal or true reflux or both..so hard to tell.

I can tell you it wasn't this bad till withdrawal..it's much worse. I take zantac a couple of days a week and it has really helped keep it in check.

The foods that I really have to avoid are coffee, chocolate..peppers, onions, citrus fruit and juices, soda, citric acid, tomatoes, and sometimes garlic..these are my big triggers.

Also after you eat try not to lay down for at least an hour after.

So much acid in foods that I never dreamed of  having, salmon has more acid than some soda, I use to eat a lot of it...still do..just in moderation.

I've learned that when the gut is happy all my symptoms are lower.

Yes, yogurt and mashed potatoes for now, we will venture out at a later date. :thumbsup:

..Thanks so much Beulah...that is huge reasdurance...I didn't expect hot milk and honey to hurt my upper belly...and yes., laying flat helps even though the physician said to elevate my bed...so if I understand your explaination, it comes and goes at varying intensity depending on what your triggers are. Do you feel that you are 'sick'...like flu sick even with some mild dizziness?....I have never had this...hope it heals...I want my coffee back....

...Beulah...so sorry your entire garden is gone....what a shame. Are you close to any farmers markets?

...thank you again Beulah for being so generous with your support....coop

Coop ... I enjoy the new beets ... the old beets not so much so in the Fall I use sweet potatoes, celeriac root (the bulb from celery plants I believe), fennel ... anything this isn't nailed down or embedded ...

Carrot soup is wonderful ... and the new turnips work well too ...

And, there is always mushrooms ... we have a couple of growers around here who produce some wonderful mushrooms ...

This is the start of the season where there is too much to choose from ...  :thumbsup:

....Yes...the mushrooms....I think  the mushrooms and white potatoes would be so yummy....It's a good day...Nova  is cooking in the kitchen....

Bc-I came back prediabetes and am just mildly overweight(15-20pds).  I exercise and also eat super clean.  That prediabetes diagnosis using AC1 is a crock of shit.  The ADA along with drug companies recently lowered their threshold on the number now to include 1/3 of Americans. This number now makes 1/2 of China prediabetic.  If you notice, there are a lot of new commercials to treat high blood sugar and "prediabetes".  The WHO came out against the new measuring guidelines.  The same thing happened w cholesterol.  They lowered what is "normal" from 140 to 100.  What a racket.

All that being said...if you are showing diabetic numbers on the glucose and aci(I believe over 7) then I would get a second opinion. I am getting my numbers tested again at the end of the month and I'm sure they'll be better.  Last time I was getting hit w cortisol surges several times a day. 

Good luck!

...Drew, ...I couldnt agree with you more....5 years ago the acceptable total cholesterol number was 200 now it's 150. And they need to look at the type of cholesterol  individually...and the total triglycerides ....Pharma makes big money on both the tests and the medications...disgusting

......how are you doing?....Did the cold tame down?...keep throwing us words of hope....you are sounding so so good...coop

Bc-I came back prediabetes and am just mildly overweight(15-20pds).  I exercise and also eat super clean.  That prediabetes diagnosis using AC1 is a crock of shit.  The ADA along with drug companies recently lowered their threshold on the number now to include 1/3 of Americans. This number now makes 1/2 of China prediabetic.  If you notice, there are a lot of new commercials to treat high blood sugar and "prediabetes".  The WHO came out against the new measuring guidelines.  The same thing happened w cholesterol.  They lowered what is "normal" from 140 to 100.  What a racket.

Good luck!

TOTALLY, Drew.  I'm so glad you're onto what these medical associations (like the ADA), in collusion with the drug companies are doing, i.e., lowering the threshold on the numbers/markers so that a larger percentage of citizens than ever before "fail" these ambiguous "tests" and end up on drugs and more drugs for cholesterol & "pre-diabetes".  What IS pre-diabetes, anyway?  You either have it or you don't.  That's like saying, here's a drug for pre-cancer, but you don't have it yet, but take this drug regardless, you sucker.  It's fear-based markering.  Type II can be managed well with diet and exercise; no drugs needed.  It's such a crock of sh*t.  And don't get me started on the cholesterol myth!  So glad that so many more people are finally waking up to these truths about their health and taking more control.  :thumbsup:

Good Afternoon ... seems I may have missed the morning check in ...

Lousy sleep last night ... is this getting contagious too? ...  :tickedoff:

Went to veggie market ... the new veggies are finally here ...  :thumbsup:

So ... Beet and Potato Soup ...

One bunch of new beets and the red stems (save the greens for stir fried greens later) ... handful of potatoes ... some carrots and an onion ...

Dice them up and then sweat them in some bacon fat for a bit ... if you have garlic throw some in and a bunch of thyme and celery seed ...

After sweating add a litre or so of veggie or chicken stock ... simmer until tender ... cool and puree ...

Hit it with some lemon if you like ... eat hot or warm or chilled ... some goofy folks add sour cream ...

Hope we all have a quiet day ...  :smitten:

Hey Nova, I love beets!!!! I found a good recipe for beet salad that I might try next week.

The soup sounds yummy!!

I'll ship some of this rain to you ..might help you sleep better. :thumbsup:

Hi friends,

I'm jumping in. I've been so busy and just not doing well. I'm barking up the supplement tree because I just can not maintain this level of demand with this lack of energy and low mood. My time is up as far as my family is concerned. It's time to show up and some days I can but mostly I push through. I don't know what to do or maybe I just feel like I can't do it. I'm on my way to my youngest son's big baseball birthday party and I've got nothing.

Peace2

Coop-I'm holding my own. A good sign is that it's just the bad cold and no other benzo stuff.  I can't sleep due to the sore throat and stuffiness so I took NyQuil.  The funny thing is I have the stuffed head and sinuses which I'm so used to handling in benzoland this really isn't much different. My stuffed head feels the same and I ignore all the spaciness I get w it. The big one is the anxiety. Not here.  For some reason now when I'm on stage or in meetings those are just as hard or hard as ever.  Very weird but just waiting for time to do its thing. One interesting thing is that I've developed a "tic" when my anxiety or catastrophic thoughts spike up. I scrunch my hands really tightly and open them up.  I caught myself doing it on stage. Wonder where that's from.  Hmmm

Good luck!

TOTALLY, Drew.  I'm so glad you're onto what these medical associations (like the ADA), in collusion with the drug companies are doing, i.e., lowering the threshold on the numbers/markers so that a larger percentage of citizens than ever before "fail" these ambiguous "tests" and end up on drugs and more drugs for cholesterol & "pre-diabetes".  What IS pre-diabetes, anyway?  You either have it or you don't.  That's like saying, here's a drug for pre-cancer, but you don't have it yet, but take this drug regardless, you sucker.  It's fear-based markering.  Type II can be managed well with diet and exercise; no drugs needed.  It's such a crock of sh*t.  And don't get me started on the cholesterol myth!  So glad that so many more people are finally waking up to these truths about their health and taking more control.  :thumbsup:

Same thing w the obesity bmi dealio.  They lowered normal to 25.  With my stocky build I'd lok to be dying of a wasting disease.  I come in at 30.5 and trust me no one in a million years would say I'm obese.  Grrr. Now you all got me started.  :tickedoff::laugh:

Peace-I don't have much to say except we all know this doesn't work on anyone's timeline.  It's unfortunate this isn't recognized by the medical community so we could then all get the support we deserve. 

Beulah,.. wow...so sorry about all the rain going on where you live.. .did your garden survive?...

...Thank you for telling me a little more about reflux or GERD.  I thought it would just heal and go away.  It has totally engaged my health anxiety, but I am working on all my self talk. Do you have days in which you feel really sick with it.  nausea, upper belly pain, no appetite.  ?.  I had hot milk and honey this morning but it made me sick and I just want to stay in bed today.  This is not looking like a good day today.  Hoping it will turn around.....yes...mashed potatoes and yogurt.  even the thought of those makes me nauseous

.....Beulah.  An Ark.  And an Island Healing Abbey?  You are a busy woman..  coop

No Coop, our garden is gone. We planted our garden at our daughters house and it is all lost...such a shame. :'(

My lavender that I planted beside the patio is gone, but it is nothing compared to other people's loss.

Yes Coop, a lot of my symptoms worsen with the reflux. So many foods have a lot of acid and trigger the reflux, nausea, upper belly pain, no appetite are all symptoms that I suffer with, but I don't know how much of it is withdrawal or true reflux or both..so hard to tell.

I can tell you it wasn't this bad till withdrawal..it's much worse. I take zantac a couple of days a week and it has really helped keep it in check.

The foods that I really have to avoid are coffee, chocolate..peppers, onions, citrus fruit and juices, soda, citric acid, tomatoes, and sometimes garlic..these are my big triggers.

So much acid in foods that I never dreamed of  having, salmon has more acid than some soda, I use to eat a lot of it...still do..just in moderation.

Yes, yogurt and mashed potatoes for now, we will venture out at a later date. :thumbsup:

..Thanks so much Beulah...that is huge reasdurance...I didn't expect hot milk and honey to hurt my upper belly...and yes., laying flat helps even though the physician said to elevate my bed...so if I understand your explaination, it comes and goes at varying intensity depending on what your triggers are. Do you feel that you are 'sick'...like flu sick even with some mild dizziness?....I have never had this...hope it heals...I want my coffee back....

...Beulah...so sorry your entire garden is gone....what a shame. Are you close to any farmers markets?

...thank you again Beulah for being so generous with your support....coop

Coop, I don't feel flu or dizzy from the reflux, but I have felt like that in withdrawal. When I have the reflux going on it can and usually does heighten all of my symptoms that I'm having at the moment.

Yes, we have farmers markets all around us, a lot of people will be depending on them after this.

I just saw parts of Ohio have been declared a state of emergency.

On our local news the farmers are in their fields with boats accessing the damage.

Coop, can you chew Tums or rolaids? Sometimes they calm the reflux.

Hope you get some relief from this soon. :smitten:

Peace, I feel for you, trying to deal with your family.  On some other thread somebody was quoting some study saying that people without significant others actually come through this better.  I wouldn't want to be without my husband, but I can see how this could be true.  So many more ways for it to be stressful.  Why?  Because everybody's counting on YOU.  They want you to take care of them like you always did. 

Unfortunately, the fact that your "time is up" with your family does not mean a magic supplement has appeared just in time.  I'm sure you know that if there were some healing elixir, it would have spread across the BB board like wildfire.

You are close to the finish line.  Your family's sick of it.  Yeah?  The way I always figured it was that I knew they were sick of it, but I'm the one stuck living it.  Nobody sicker of this than us.

You need to get your sick leave extended. :-[  You have to put yourself first for just a little while longer; then you'll be well and can go back to being the wife and mom you were.  Or maybe even a better version!

Hi coop,

Yes this has been a very rough few months for some of us. Both you and I had this horrible anxiety, I still get a few bouts but it passes quickly. We all just have to keep hanging on. This w/d is just so crazy, to be sick for months and then one day wake up and feel normal-- I will never understand this, but it happens. You say your having a bad day, but you do sound much better than you were a month ago-- we are making improvements everyday even when we don't see it. Your stronger than you think Coop! Love ya, jenny

Jenny, congrats on 21 months !!!

It's an important date, one to look forward to. There has been a shift.

An important date, maybe the final important date ? Let's hope so. We have had so many important dates in these last 18-19 months, haven't we ? And each of them has had an important and different meaning.

Wish you the best ! :smitten:

All that being said...if you are showing diabetic numbers on the glucose and aci(I believe over 7) then I would get a second opinion. I am getting my numbers tested again at the end of the month and I'm sure they'll be better.  Last time I was getting hit w cortisol surges several times a day. 

Good luck!

Wow, I didn't know half of this stuff, very, very informative Drew, thanks !

Beulah, so sorry to hear about the loss of your garden.

Good Afternoon ... seems I may have missed the morning check in ...

Lousy sleep last night ... is this getting contagious too? ...  :tickedoff:

Went to veggie market ... the new veggies are finally here ...  :thumbsup:

So ... Beet and Potato Soup ...

One bunch of new beets and the red stems (save the greens for stir fried greens later) ... handful of potatoes ... some carrots and an onion ...

Dice them up and then sweat them in some bacon fat for a bit ... if you have garlic throw some in and a bunch of thyme and celery seed ...

After sweating add a litre or so of veggie or chicken stock ... simmer until tender ... cool and puree ...

Hit it with some lemon if you like ... eat hot or warm or chilled ... some goofy folks add sour cream ...

Hope we all have a quiet day ...  :smitten:

Hey Nova, I love beets!!!! I found a good recipe for beet salad that I might try next week.

The soup sounds yummy!!

I'll ship some of this rain to you ..might help you sleep better. :thumbsup:

I don't know much about cooking, but these posts are getting to be mouthwatering !  :o

Coop-I'm holding my own. A good sign is that it's just the bad cold and no other benzo stuff.  I can't sleep due to the sore throat and stuffiness so I took NyQuil.  The funny thing is I have the stuffed head and sinuses which I'm so used to handling in benzoland this really isn't much different. My stuffed head feels the same and I ignore all the spaciness I get w it. The big one is the anxiety. Not here.  For some reason now when I'm on stage or in meetings those are just as hard or hard as ever.  Very weird but just waiting for time to do its thing. One interesting thing is that I've developed a "tic" when my anxiety or catastrophic thoughts spike up. I scrunch my hands really tightly and open them up.  I caught myself doing it on stage. Wonder where that's from.  Hmmm

Drew, the list of tics I have developed in wd is soooo long too ! Let's hope they go away like everything else !

Beulah ... looks like we are getting the rain from that storm tomorrow and Monday ... I live 12 floors up so won't need a canoe ...

Sorry to hear about all the devastation ... it hurts ...  :smitten:

Well ... beet soup and rhubarb muffins for lunch ... for supper ... salad and stir fry with a brat ... gotta love those new sugar snap peas ...  :thumbsup:

Peace ... as others have said ... no one can "declare" a timeline for this process ... and ... you are doing remarkably well ... and the exhaustion is really lousy ... hope you get a lot of time this summer to get through the rest of this process ...  :smitten:

Peace, so sorry to hear you have been given a deadline by your family.

Can you get back at the bargaining table  with some member of your family?

It's hard, you have done so much until now, remember when you did not know if you would make it teaching till October ?

How much you have actually done since then.

Hope things get better for you and your family.

Oneday-Unfortunately--or fortunately, depending on how you look at it-- it seems like being really bad in months 14-17 is not that uncommon among BB members.  I hit a real bad place at 14 months.  I think you've put in way too much healing time to consider reinstating or taking something else.  The fastest way to feel better (IMO) is just to stay the course and let your brain do its healing naturally.  And yes, I  do believe you will heal.  I was bad during the months you mention and now, approaching 22 months, I'm well! :)

Thanks for this reassurance it's impossible to see it getting better right now, it's a constant mindtrip, physical and mental symptoms from hell for over 3 months now. Can waves at this timeframe really be this severe and this long?

ONEDAYATATIME ... the short answer is yes ... they can certainly be very difficult at this stage ... and some days it is indeed a mind trip ... and it does get better ... time is the healer ...  :thumbsup:

Drew ... I agree about the "levels' for so called evidence based medicine ... and then there are the lazy doctors using the "assessment forms" supplied by the drug companies ... I suppose money trumps integrity ...

Hi Sky ... hope you get a good rest and have a quiet day tomorrow ...  :thumbsup:

Just hanging out tonight ... cutting some wool ... watching the evening close down ... and thinking about tomorrow's roast chicken ...  >:D

Hi Jenny ... 21 months ... yep ... I hit 21 next Tuesday ... and in some ways it feels "okay, so what?" ... and on the other hand it is a marker for me ... it marks the time passed and tells me this is going to wind down soon ...

And ... that is way too hot for man or beast ... I traveled through your area from San Diego heading for Calgary some more than 40 years ago ... stunningly beautiful ... during the late Spring ... from lemons and avocadoes to a blizzard in Montana ... yikes ...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Le...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [te...]
    • [le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Id...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [jo...]