Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Jenny I have also read that high potency vitamin C can cause bruising. I got big bruising on my legs from 2 days of using Adil at 600 mg each day.. Hope that clears up...no fun to have blue patches all over your body...other than those 2 things I gave no idea.  I love hearing how far you have come.

..... ...Wishing you windows all the way....coop

Coop,

Are you saying the vit c causes bruising or helps it?

Green and Korbe....really sorry to hear that you guys are not sleeping  that makes everything more difficult.....I don't know how you  manage to get through the day. Green, I am waking up at about the time you are settling in for a little sleep.  Too early for me....too late for you. 

....hoping you both get some extra rest in during the day today.  Low and slow ...coop

I am hearing a lot of healing on this thread which makes me very happy, it seemed for a while there we were all suffering quite a bit with no end in site. For me I think the 15 - 20 months were by far my worst, lots of waves and I did not see any healing. Funny how we all seem to be somewhat on the same healing course.

I am heading over to Beulah's ... if you have mushrooms I can make mushroom and onion and cheese soup ... a great low and slow meal ...  :thumbsup:

Jenny I have also read that high potency vitamin C can cause bruising. I got big bruising on my leg6s from 2 days of using Adil at 600 mg each day.. Hope that clears up...no fun to have blue patches all over your body...other than those 2 things I gave no idea.  I love hearing how far you have come.

..... ...Wishing you windows all the way....coop

Coop,

Are you saying the vit c causes bruising or helps it?

....Jenny, I read somewhere that really high doses of vitamin C ...over 2000 iu can cause bruising for some people...I don't remember why... are you taking a lot of C?...I use a packet of EmergenC every other day...but I think the bruising I noticed on my legs was from the advil. I haven't taken any for a couple of weeks and have not noticed any more ....hope that goes away for you.  I have also read somewhere that excessive raw garlic will cause small blue bruising.  ..

Hi Jenny ... things seem to be settling out for some of us ... about time too ...  :tickedoff:

I was "thinking" on a walk this morning ... that back when I did not have a lot of expectation the rough times didn't feel quite so rough ... and when my expectations started to rise a few months ago the rough times felt very discouraging ...

Hope you have a good weekend ...  :thumbsup:

Coop ... when is the wedding? ...

Glad you got through your assessment ... isn't it weird to be hyped up a bit and then have things drop off when it is over? ...

We're getting there ... slooooooooooooooooowly ...  :thumbsup:

Nova,

Yes I think you are spot on, its an expectation thing-- and maybe I've forgotten how bad the first year was, its all a blur to me now.

Coop,

I do take vit c, around 1000mg and I do take ibuprofen occasionally for headaches or cramps so basically I don't really know what's causing what.. Normally I wouldn't care, but its summer and when I wear shorts it looks pretty bad.

Please excuse my butting in on this thread, but do not know where to go to find info about one particular sx that started around 13th-14th month, but now at month 18, is becoming more regular.

It's a physical craving (preferably something sweet) - But for what am not sure as eating doesn't make any difference, as the body is craving something but no idea what - recent bloods taken  all came back normal.Not sure what to do next to try to get relief.

Has anyone had this or can shed any light on it's cause please.

Hi Beulah.  Yep.  So much healing on this thread.. So hopeful..

We all seem to be having sleep issues of one kind or another...Mushrooms and ducks in your back yard.  Do you live in a little woodland hollow with yard knomes..?.  Your low and slow advice has really helped me hang on to some of my sunbreaks.. Do you have something besides mashed potatoes on the menu today?.. .Beulah.  Wishing you a very goid day with ducks at your kitchen door .. coop

Coop lol..I wish I lived in a little woodland hollow with yard knomes, I actually live in the suburbs.

I'm actually getting a little tired of mashed potatoes myself..but I will have a different tater today.

On the menu, baked chicken, creamed peas, whole new potatoes. I guess it's the Irish in me..can't seem to get away from the taters...they give me tummy comfort.

I'm so glad my appetite is returning, was getting so sick of smoothies.

Yes Coop, keeping it low and slow. :smitten:

Marj.. .so sorry you are still in some of the thick of it. Glad you got a little break before the fatigue settled in. The low and slow thing really helps me recover from wave days. I am glad that it is the weekend....rest as much as you can. I know you feel like a mess, but you really are managing your sx with such strength and rock solid commitment to see it through ..

...Wishing you some rest and sunbreaks over the weekend.  coop

Coop, thanks  :smitten:

It's bizzare how one day I can come home and be so tearful and not know how I am going to perform my motherly duties and then the next able to do so much more including CLEANING. Especially after so little sleep for most of the week.

Poor you having to deal with a cancer review on top of this. Wow, your strength is amazing. Wishing you calm for your scans. If its any help, I have been getting some pain under my ribs and sometimes have a sort of cough. It's usually is I feel inflammation in my body. I've been told that the nerve ends throughout our bodies get inflamed in wd. To me something Healing Hope said in her Success Story about the fascia being inflamed really made sense to me.

It really sounds like you are getting there  :smitten:

Hi Jenny ... things seem to be settling out for some of us ... about time too ...  :tickedoff:

I was "thinking" on a walk this morning ... that back when I did not have a lot of expectation the rough times didn't feel quite so rough ... and when my expectations started to rise a few months ago the rough times felt very dis6couraging ...

Hope you have a good weekend ...  :thumbsup:

....Nova....that is exactly what I think too. In tapering and acute I just expected to feel miserable every day.. and I did for the most part and knew that it was all w/d.  Around the one year mark I started hoping for more healing and had a few windows.  and was sick of feeling so bad.  And accepting it all started wearing very thin. 

....My daughter's wedding is the last weekend of July..  coming right up. I wish she was a little older.  She is only 22.  But we can't live thier lives for them.. so I support her and feel so lucky that she wants me to be involved with all the horahrah. ....I was a hippie girl when I got married.. threw some flowers in my hair.  grabbed my favorite dress.. ran down to the beach with some friends and the pastor .  also of the hippie type ... and got married.  We had a great party ...and that was it. ..

Glad to hear you got out on your walk this morning.  Wishing you good things to eat and big sunbreaks....coop

Nova,

Yes I think you are spot on, its an expectation thing-- and maybe I've forgotten how bad the first year was, its all a blur to me now.

Coop,

I do take vit c, around 1000mg and I do take ibuprofen occasionally for headaches or cramps so basically I don't really know what's causing what.. Normally I wouldn't care, but its summer and when I wear shorts it looks pretty bad.

Jenny, 1000 doesn't seem like too much and if you are not taking alot of ibuprofen every day that shouldn't cause it either...not that I know about either one of those things ...just my guess.  At least you can still wear shorts....I haven't put on a pair of shorts for years.  Maybe try going down a little on the vitamin C for a little while and see if you don't get another batch of bruises.  ...

Hi Beulah.  Yep.  So much healing on this thread.. So hopeful..

We all seem to be having sleep issues of one kind or another...Mushrooms and ducks in your back yard.  Do you live in a little woodland hollow with yard knomes..?.  Your low and slow advice has really helped me hang on to some of my sunbreaks.. Do you have something besides mashed potatoes on the menu today?.. .Beulah.  Wishing you a very goid day with ducks at your kitchen door .. coop

Coop lol..I wish I lived in a little woodland hollow with yard knomes, I actually live in the suburbs.

I'm actually getting a little tired of mashed potatoes myself..but I will have a different tater today.

On the menu, baked chicken, creamed peas, whole new potatoes. I guess it's the Irish in me..can't seem to get away from the taters...they give me tummy comfort.

I'm so glad my appetite is returning, was getting so sick of smoothies.

Yes Coop, keeping it low and slow. :smitten:

.....Your lunch sounds so good.  Roasted chicken.. think I have to put one in the oven too. Yep.  The potatoes .. very soothing on the belly...well, even if you live smack dab in the suburbs you can have some yard knomes to tend your suburban lawn mushrooms.  Enjoy your chicken and potatoes....

Please excuse my butting in on this thread, but do not know where to go to find info about one particular sx that started around 13th-14th month, but now at month 18, is becoming more regular.

It's a physical craving (preferably something sweet) - But for what am not sure as eating doesn't make any difference, as the body is craving something but no idea what - recent bloods taken  all came back normal.Not sure what to do next to try to get relief.

.....Hi R..  you are not crashing in....everyone is welcome here. I have had cravings too, but then an aversion to eating anything at all...at the same time...very wierd...my body would want to eat but my mind would want to gag. ...If I thought about something goid to eat and then look at it.. I couldnt eat it. This went on for a few months and I still get bouts,of it. I am at 19.5 months now...so for me, it comes and goes. I don't know if this is what you are describing or not, but maybe similar anyway.  .I hope you find what it is that your body wants

.....I hope you are doing well and getting some breaks.. cooperten

I have had the weirdest food cravings through this whole process. I have eaten kraut for breakfast before, I haved craved sweet, sour and salty food...still not satisfied. I know exactly what you're talking about. I eat what I crave and then just let the brain do what it has to do.

I go to the grocery store and see all of the food that I once loved and now looking at them sometimes repulsed me.

No doubt this has something to do with withdrawal. My appetite is all over the place, just up and down .

I'm sure this will settle down when you get further out. I'm starting to get my appetite back..was getting so tired of smoothies.

I seem to be eating a lot of mashed potatoes lately. :smitten:

Good morning....I'm miserable w a "real" cold.  :sick:  throat shredded and head stuffed.  Still better than benzo crap.  Laying low at home.

Good morning....I'm miserable w a "real" cold.  :sick:  throat shredded and head stuffed.  Still better than benzo crap.  Laying low at home.

Ahh drew, Sorry about the cold. I feel like I'm coming down with one also. The temps here can't make up their mind...cool and rainy..hot and muggy. I keep turning the ac up and down...one minute I'm hot and next I'm cold.

Let's sip some tea and lay low. Feel better. :smitten:

My craving was for apple crunch cinnamon bread, about a quarter of a loaf at a time.  :D  I figured it was for the carb producing serotonin.  I had a place on my charts for tracking how many I ate.  I was often what I thought of as "stupidly hungry."

The good news is, my brain has settled down.  I'm now losing a pound a week.  No heroic efforts--just a brain that isn't so haywire anymore. 

It's great to see so many on this thread starting to see signs of healing.  Going by the timeline that seems to play out for a lot of people, we should be seeing more success stories soon!

I am heading over to Beulah's ... if you have mushrooms I can make mushroom and onion and cheese soup ... a great low and slow meal ...  :thumbsup:

Yes Nova, come on over, I have plenty of mushrooms growing in my yard, but I don't think they're edible, just nasty ones from the rain.

I will hop on down to the store and get some if you're coming for dinner though.

What time should I send my private plane for you? Maybe you could stop along the way and pick the others up, I'm sure they would love to join us.

I'm gonna put out some extra cots and we can all have a slumber party.

Friday night mushroom soup party..oh yeah. :thumbsup:

Yes Nova, come on over, I have plenty of mushrooms growing in my yard, but I don't think they're edible, just nasty ones from the rain.

I will hop on down to the store and get some if you're coming for dinner though.

What time should I send my private plane for you? Maybe you could stop along the way and pick the others up, I'm sure they would love to join us.

I'm gonna put out some extra cots and we can all have a slumber party.

Friday night mushroom soup party..oh yeah. :thumbsup:

.....Wouldnt that be wonderful.  ..

.....Drew, sorry that you are battling a real cold...at least you know it will have a definite end.  Take care buddy. 

Hi Beulah ... your plane can probably land out here on Dunbrack Street ... I will let traffic control know ...  :thumbsup:

Hi Coop ... how are you doing? ... I have had medium sort of day ... rained all afternoon ... sitting here waiting for Beulah's plane ...  :thumbsup:

Hi Beulah ... your plane can probably land out here on Dunbrack Street ... I will let traffic control know ...  :thumbsup:

Ok Nova, see you in a few hours. :thumbsup:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [le...]
    • [...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Bi...]