Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Posted by Angelprint over in Success Stories ...

"Once upon a time, there was a wise man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach before he began his work.

One day, as he was walking along the shore, he looked down the beach and saw a human figure moving like a dancer. He smiled to himself at the thought of someone who would dance to the day, and so, he walked faster to catch up.

As he got closer, he noticed that the figure was that of a young man, and that what he was doing was not dancing at all. The young man was reaching down to the shore, picking up small objects, and throwing them into the ocean.

He came closer still and called out "Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?"

The young man paused, looked up, and replied "Throwing starfish into the ocean."

"I must ask, then, why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?" asked the somewhat startled wise man.

To this, the young man replied, "The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them in, they'll die."

Upon hearing this, the wise man commented, "But, young man, do you not realize that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can't possibly make a difference!"

At this, the young man bent down, picked up yet another starfish, and threw it into the ocean. As it met the water, he said,

"It made a difference for that one."

-Loren Eiseley

Good morning Sky ... what's up in your neck of the woods today? ...

It is gray, cool, and going to rain here in a while ...

Hope you are doing well ...  :smitten:

Good afternoon, everyone!

I'm channeling Nova with symptoms, things still percolate, but overall there's healing and I can feel it.  Except there's always that one symptom, that but for this I wouldn't feel half bad (remember the health fear, Coop?)  and for me that's bad insomnia.  I'm falling asleep each day at daylight, and it's been going on for so long now, I'm starting to dread the night, bedtime is again that stressful time when I have to negotiate should I tuck in a 2, or is that too early, better to wait for 3-4?

I'm fortunate because I'm able to catch a few hours once the sky lightens.  But I'm waking up at 11, 12, 1, and half the day is gone.

Just kvetching a little, as they say in NYC.  Otherwise, doing better, fighting to get that walk in, and truly believing healing is happening.

Coop, Nova, Beulah, Jenny, you all sound really good. 

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Hi Green, I'm suffering from the same type of insomnia as you and sleeping in the morning or even in the afternoon.  I attribute most of my sleep troubles to really burning skin on both legs. I've tried everything to calm it down but it just continues on. It even keeps me awake on the day time. I think it's interesting that we both ended our tapers on 11/13 and our symptoms are so similiar. My other problem is Boatiness, which seems to be with me all the time. I've adjusted to that and I think it improves if I get more sleep.

At least now I try to do more things and my brain seems to be functioning better.  Just got to get more sleep.  I think that will improve as we heal.

Hang in there buddy, we're getting close.

"Once upon a time, there was a wise man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach before he began his work.

One day, as he was walking along the shore, he looked down the beach and saw a human figure moving like a dancer. He smiled to himself at the thought of someone who would dance to the day, and so, he walked faster to catch up.

As he got closer, he noticed that the figure was that of a young man, and that what he was doing was not dancing at all. The young man was reaching down to the shore, picking up small objects, and throwing them into the ocean.

He came closer still and called out "Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?"

The young man paused, looked up, and replied "Throwing starfish into the ocean."

"I must ask, then, why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?" asked the somewhat startled wise man.

To this, the young man replied, "The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them in, they'll die."

Upon hearing this, the wise man commented, "But, young man, do you not realize that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can't possibly make a difference!"

At this, the young man bent down, picked up yet another starfish, and threw it into the ocean. As it met the water, he said,

-Loren Eiseley

I love this story. I had forgotten about it,so thanks for printing it.  It makes me smile.  Korbe

Hi Korbe ... yes, the sleep thing can be a difficult symptom ... and you sound like you feel things are getting better ...

And they are for all of us ... it is just hard to keep track of so many things going on sometimes ...

Hope you have a quiet, restful day ...  :thumbsup:

Good Morning Folks ... well, had a big blast of panic for three hours or so last evening ... out of the blue ... I blame it on the cucumbers ... haven't blamed anything on cucumbers in a while so it must be their turn ...  >:D

Made some tea and hooked some rug for a couple of hours and things calmed down ... I am so pleased to have a creative, useful distraction to turn to when things get a little loud ...

This morning things are quiet at the moment ... will see what the day brings ...

Keeping it simple and slow ... hope everyone has a quiet Friday ...  :thumbsup:

-Loren Eiseley

Nova, thanks for posting this story.

I am sorry about the panic. I think you are right, it was the cucumbers. That is one dangerous vegetable, I blame for quite a few things these days ! >:D

I am glad to hear you are able to do some hooking, it's great when we can feel we are making, creating something. But we always are, but having a physical reminder of it helps, according to me.

Here the weather is cooler, I am happy about it. There have been some storms but it's like a respite from the last weeks of bad heat.

Today, is my vibrations day, but it's bearable. Yesterday was quite good, no anxiety at all.

Nova, you sound so good, even when you are not feeling well, the tone is better, you sound better. I am so happy to see how much you are improving.  :smitten:

Have a nice day everybody, heal on !  :smitten:

Hi Sky ... yep ... this week it is all the cucumber's fault ... stay tuned for next week's veggie culprit ...  >:D

Have a good day ...

Coop,

We are all getting there, I think by the 2 year mark we will all see big improvement. It's crazy how just a few weeks ago I thought I was never going to get better-- I think the up and down is wat is so incredibly hard. Love ya, Jenny :)

Does anyone know what vitamin or food we are deficient in if we are getting lots of bruises? The last month I'm just covered in bruises everywhere.. I thought it was potassium, but I eat a banana everyday, maybe I need more. Thanks buddies, jenny

I’m really pleased for you and encouraged Jenny. I remember you saying not that long ago that you felt stuck in your recovery. This is more proof that no matter how discouraged you can get, the inevitable outcome is recovery. This is so helpful to us who are behind you. It is an outrage how long some people have to endure this torture

Drew,.  You are sounding like HH when she crossed over the finish....so happy for you...You are shining a bright light on the path way....Enjoy....coop

Jenny I have also read that high potency vitamin C can cause bruising. I got big bruising on my legs from 2 days of using Adil at 600 mg each day.. Hope that clears up...no fun to have blue patches all over your body...other than those 2 things I gave no idea.  I love hearing how far you have come.

..... ...Wishing you windows all the way....coop

Hi all,

I had a little reprieve from this wave last night and was able to cook for me and my kids with ease (baked salmon and stir fried veg), clean my kitchen AND bathroom. The contrast to the evening previously was stark. Felt sure I would sleep, did not as had nerve pain that kept me awake and that awful toxic feeling in my body again. Now I have inner trembling/vibrations and a wave of heavy fatigue has just fallen on me. I’m going to go for a walk as it’s lunch time to see if I can help this heaviness.

I’m amazed at the healing on here

:smitten:

-Loren Eiseley

Thank you Nova, just lovely. :smitten:

Good morning Nova.  Thank you for the story....You are always such an inspiration for us....You just sound so much better in spite of the panic. I love it that you are hooking rugs.

...Low and slow seems to be helping many of us maintain our grip on improvements. I am going low as slow as well, but have a lit of clarity back.  I jumped on 12/3...2013 and have been Green's shadow as far as sx goes. The 24 month theory seems to be holding up for a handful of us here. If I count my 6 month taper I have been at this for 26 months.. I can only think about it as one day at a time or it depresses me.

....I am sleeping at night but waking up by 4 or 430...that's way too early even for an early bird

. .Nova, .. .hoping you get in a nice ramble today...and cook something wonderful in your kitchen today...I  think about you being free of w/d by the time Mrs Nova retires.. a lovely life in front of you....coop

Hi, everyone.  Not doing the best here.  Going back to bed.  At least I can sleep.  This process is exhausting at the cellular level at times.  Gives new meaning to the expression "bone tired".  Gotta go to daughter's school for her little graduation ceremony later, so wish me luck that I don't jump out of my own skin.

Best to all.  Wishing you all can manage to endure the day... with patience and purpose.

Serenity  :smitten:

Morning all,

I have to say everyone is sounding good, still struggling..yes, but better.

It's still raining here and we now have mushrooms popping up in the yard..yuk.

The last couple of nights I haven't been able to sleep, feels like something is weighing on my mind.

I slept pretty well last night but had some crazy dreams. I dreamed our mailman was Bob Hope..lol.

Just puttering around the house today and watching more rain.

Happy Friday- Hope you all have a restful and low symptom weekend. :thumbsup:

Sky.....I have lost track of the posts from the last few days. How are you doing?.  I do recall the sweet things you said about Mr. Sky.. I am so glad for you that you have him by your side. Are you finding likable houses?.  ..Sky, I hope this day opens up as your good day ....Wishing you some bike rides and some special Saturday adventures with Mr. Sky...coop

Marj.. .so sorry you are still in some of the thick of it. Glad you got a little break before the fatigue settled in. The low and slow thing really helps me recover from wave days. I am glad that it is the weekend....rest as much as you can. I know you feel like a mess, but you really are managing your sx with such strength and rock solid commitment to see it through ..

...Wishing you some rest and sunbreaks over the weekend.  coop

Hi Beulah.  Yep.  So much healing on this thread.. So hopeful..

We all seem to be having sleep issues of one kind or another...Mushrooms and ducks in your back yard.  Do you live in a little woodland hollow with yard knomes..?.  Your low and slow advice has really helped me hang on to some of my sunbreaks.. Do you have something besides mashed potatoes on the menu today?.. .Beulah.  Wishing you a very goid day with ducks at your kitchen door .. coop

Serenity.  It is exhausting right down to the bones and cells. It's great that you can sleep when it hits . As you can see from the thread these past days ....it gets better...Just stay with it one day at a time...do what you can and let go of what you cant....take the very best care of your self that you can.

...Your little daughter's graduation ....they are the sweetest little celebrations.. You will get through it and have a sweet lifetime memory....enjoy ... Wishing you sunbreaks...coop

Good afternoon, everyone!

I'm channeling Nova with symptoms, things still percolate, but overall there's healing and I can feel it.  Except there's always that one symptom, that but for this I wouldn't feel half bad (remember the health fear, Coop?)  and for me that's bad insomnia.  I'm falling asleep each day at daylight, and it's been going on for so long now, I'm starting to dread the night, bedtime is again that stressful time when I have to negotiate should I tuck in a 2, or is that too early, better to wait for 3-4?

I'm fortunate because I'm able to catch a few hours once the sky lightens.  But I'm waking up at 11, 12, 1, and half the day is gone.

Just kvetching a little, as they say in NYC.  Otherwise, doing better, fighting to get that walk in, and truly believing healing is happening.

Coop, Nova, Beulah, Jenny, you all sound really good. 

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Hi Green, I'm suffering from the same type of insomnia as you and sleeping in the morning or even in the afternoon.  I attribute most of my sleep troubles to really burning skin on both legs. I've tried everything to calm it down but it just continues on. It even keeps me awake on the day time. I think it's interesting that we both ended our tapers on 11/13 and our symptoms are so similiar. My other problem is Boatiness, which seems to be with me all the time. I've adjusted to that and I think it improves if I get more sleep.

At least now I try to do more things and my brain seems to be functioning better.  Just got to get more sleep.  I think that will improve as we heal.

Hang in there buddy, we're getting close.

Hey, Korbe, I'm so glad you shared about the sleep.  Yes, it's starting to wear me down.  I don't have your nerve pain, but I do get mild-moderate internal vibrations which drive me crazy.  However, I think the insomnia is a separate symptom, not caused by that.  It exacerbates it, though.

It's definitely better this year -- I had this last year, same time, June. I checked my progress log, and it lasted the whole summer, although I don't remember it being this bad this long, I think at some point I was able to fall asleep by 4 or so.

And, yes, definitely doing more things and thinking a lot better. It's comforting to know I have company!  Yes, we're getting there.

Good Morning Folks ... well, had a big blast of panic for three hours or so last evening ... out of the blue ... I blame it on the cucumbers ... haven't blamed anything on cucumbers in a while so it must be their turn ...  >:D

Made some tea and hooked some rug for a couple of hours and things calmed down ... I am so pleased to have a creative, useful distraction to turn to when things get a little loud ...

This morning things are quiet at the moment ... will see what the day brings ...

Keeping it simple and slow ... hope everyone has a quiet Friday ...  :thumbsup:

Nova, simple and slow, we still have a little ways to go, don't we.    Three hours.  By the time this is over, not much will faze you.  Enjoy your day.

Good morning buddies....My improvements seem to be hanging in there for me....I went to my yearly cancer care checks yesterday.  I got through it. Just the exam yesterday, two ultrasounds next week. I was a hair away from a panic. The cancer center is a place of profound suffering no matter how much they fancy it up and make the building beautiful and comforting....So incredibly sad.  My oncologist agrees with my pdoc that the cough and back /rib pain is esophogitis, or reflux or hiatal hernia.. or a combination of some of them.  So I just have to give up some foods that I don't usually eat much of anyway and stop eating in bed in the middle of the night and the antibiotic that I took ...that I didn't need didn't help it any.  So in a word.  I am more able to accept the worrisome physical sx more successfully.

....As soon as I was done and in the car..  I had NO anxiety.  I felt totally normal ...totally myself and it held up through the rest of the day.  A little health fear nipping at my ankles, but I have the reassurance of my assessments from yesterday to add to my self talk

..On my way to take the dog for his little ramble.  No decaf for me ...have to be off of it for a month.. back to teccinno .. I will really really miss it.. My daughter is bringing a wedding project over ( some candles and baby's breath  that will be on the tables). She is totally miss creative...I am not, but I just love having all this time with her...Another low and slow day, but for me right now that seems to be working for me. I was completely done after my exam yesterday and was in bed at 730.. ..

.....Wishing everyone big sunbreaks through the day.  coop

Good morning buddies....My improvements seem to be hanging in there for me....I went to my yearly cancer care checks yesterday.  I got through it. Just the exam yesterday, two ultrasounds next week. I was a hair away from a panic. The cancer center is a place of profound suffering no matter how much they fancy it up and make the building beautiful and comforting....So incredibly sad.  My oncologist agrees with my pdoc that the cough and back /rib pain is esophogitis, or reflux or hiatal hernia.. or a combination of some of them.  So I just have to give up some foods that I don't usually eat much of anyway and stop eating in bed in the middle of the night and the antibiotic that I took ...that I didn't need didn't help it any.  So in a word.  I am more able to accept the worrisome physical sx more successfully.

....As soon as I was done and in the car..  I had NO anxiety.  I felt totally normal ...totally myself and it held up through the rest of the day.  A little health fear nipping at my ankles, but I have the reassurance of my assessments from yesterday to add to my self talk

..On my way to take the dog for his little ramble.  No decaf for me ...have to be off of it for a month.. back to teccinno .. I will really really miss it.. My daughter is bringing a wedding project over ( some candles and baby's breath  that will be on the tables). She is totally miss creative...I am not, but I just love having all this time with her...Another low and slow day, but for me right now that seems to be working for me. I was completely done after my exam yesterday and was in bed at 730.. ..

.....Wishing everyone big sunbreaks through the day.  coop

Coop, you sound great.  Not healed, but low and slow, the health fears that tormented you are on the back burner for now.  Yes, going to a cancer center is a glimpse at terrible suffering that will not end in healing for many.  I try to remain grateful by remembering that I will heal, this is not permanent.  and it's so nice you're spending wedding time with your daughter

I slept about an hour, so I'm going to try to get a nap in.  ;D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Zo...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Oc...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [...]
    • [...]