Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Beulah.  Yay for waves that go away overnight. ...Eggs and bacon. ...eat up friend...You sound good Beulah.  More and more you sound good.  Thank you for shining a light...I am trying to follow..  Sending you hopes for big sunbreaks in the rain... .coop

Beulah, sounding quite good. Eggs and bacon, yum ! Enjoy, you deserved it !

marj--you're not having a breakdown!  You're in benzo withdrawal!  Can't tell you how many times I did the scene you just did--that's  what's in my book--scenes of a woman looking to the rest of the world like she's going nuts.  You mentioned wearing out the T-shirt?  Yeah, and now I'm heading to the gym this morning wearing my "I Climbed the Great Wall of China" T-shirt.  Big stinkin' deal!  It should say, "I survived Xanax"!!!"  :D

I feel so bad for complaining again, but I’m really suffering.  Last Wed/Thurs was such an improvement, so much calmer and optimistic. Then a little negative stress from other people shut my window with a bang. My dishwasher had broken and even though I could not really afford it I had to replace as I would have had to pay £150 for nothing (repair unsuccessful) and I had a bit of a meltdown, got over it and then on Saturday my boiler broke, no hot water. I know this sounds trivial but kids were complaining to me about showering etc. I had a major meltdown since then this wave has just got worse and worse and I feel like I am just flaky and not able to cope with anything anymore. Previously this would have just bounced of me as a minor inconvenience.  All the fear has come back tenfold, my heart feels like it is going to conk out and my brain just sick, confused and foggy. Could this wave have been made worse by this? So sorry to rabble on to you good people and I know you all have your own dodo going on. This is just a bit knife edge stuff.  :-[

Marj, you are in the Uk ? Wow, finally someone somewhat closer to my timezone.

Don't worry, I get worked up for smaller things, deciding what to wear and so on. It's  so much harder if you have family, I don't know how you do it. Btw, I don't think what you had is a minor problem at all.

This is not us though, we are going to be able to handle these things again, only not now.

Hang in there.  :smitten:

Hi guys,

Things are still holding well for me since the trip. I spent yesterday unpacking and doing laundry, catching up on a pile of mail.. I normally would feel stress or pressure from all that's on my to do list, but I've felt none of that-- completely stress free. My sleep has been great, I'm falling asleep early and sleeping all through the night. Nerve pain has been gone for a while now, just a little numbness now and then, my head still has some head pressure and tingly feelings but I'm dealing with it. I can really see now that all those months of not feeling or seeing any progress that I was healing underneath it all. I don't know why it works that way, but healing is happening everyday even when we can't see it. Jenny

Jenny, that is so great. Sounds very promising. I look forward to that myself but I am not there yet.

I sleep, by all means, but I do get worked up over nothing.

marj--you're not having a breakdown!  You're in benzo withdrawal!  Can't tell you how many times I did the scene you just did--that's  what's in my book--scenes of a woman looking to the rest of the world like she's going nuts.  You mentioned wearing out the T-shirt?  Yeah, and now I'm heading to the gym this morning wearing my "I Climbed the Great Wall of China" T-shirt.  Big stinkin' deal!  It should say, "I survived Xanax"!!!"  :D

Yes you did lady  :thumbsup: Oh my, I would walk The Great Wall of China barefoot and back rather than this trash!! Can't wait to get your book  :smitten:

Just a little update....another hour this morning of sunbreak while out with the dog....it kind of dimmed the minute I walked in my apartment....don't know what that is about but I will take it... hoping for the best

....Wishing everyone a better day....coop

That's such good news Coop, such encouragement for you. It's like a taster of what's to come  :smitten:

....Marj...lol...at first I read " taster" as " taser".  Yet another descriptive image of anxiety.  Maybe you feel tasered by w/d...I have had many days in which " taser"  would fit perfectly......Stress will pull us under like a rip tide....swim with it not against it ( so easier said than done)...can you grab 30 minutes in your day and just try to settle a bit...You will recover from the fall apart, but it can take a day or two..

.....thinking of you Marj... coop

I feel so bad for complaining again, but I’m really suffering.  Last Wed/Thurs was such an improvement, so much calmer and optimistic. Then a little negative stress from other people shut my window with a bang. My dishwasher had broken and even though I could not really afford it I had to replace as I would have had to pay £150 for nothing (repair unsuccessful) and I had a bit of a meltdown, got over it and then on Saturday my boiler broke, no hot water. I know this sounds trivial but kids were complaining to me about showering etc. I had a major meltdown since then this wave has just got worse and worse and I feel like I am just flaky and not able to cope with anything anymore. Previously this would have just bounced of me as a minor inconvenience.  All the fear has come back tenfold, my heart feels like it is going to conk out and my brain just sick, confused and foggy. Could this wave have been made worse by this? So sorry to rabble on to you good people and I know you all have your own dodo going on. This is just a bit knife edge stuff.  :-[

Hey Marj, Are you across the pond? I was wondering because of the euro symbol and the boiler..in which we call a hot water heater. 

Stress...it can be very cruel in withdrawal. I work very hard to keep my stress at a minimum, sometimes turning off the phone, or just saying no, I can't or won't do that.

Even though I have a Type A personality I'm still an easy going person..until withdrawal and stress, I seem to want things done now and done my way.

Most things are minor if not in withdrawal..unfortunately, that's where we are right now..everything is over the top and tenfold...a meltdown in waiting.

I think you need a " me" day.  A long soak in the tub. Maybe you could enlist some help from friends to  give you a quiet day at home with some tea time.

Hoping the stress lowers for you...deep breathe. Hugs. :smitten:

Marj, you are in the Uk ? Wow, finally someone somewhat closer to my timezone.

Don't worry, I get worked up for smaller things, deciding what to wear and so on. It's  so much harder if you have family, I don't know how you do it. Btw, I don't think what you had is a minor problem at all.

This is not us though, we are going to be able to handle these things again, only not now.

Hang in there.  :smitten:

Yes Sky I'm in the UK, I gather you are in Italy. I want to take my daughter to the Italian Lakes or Tuscany (when I've healed)

I think it is just as hard having familly or not. This is so challenging, the life as we knew it is totally disrupted for now. I've always been such an independant person since my divorce and never sought to meet anyone. Met someone briefly and it wasn't right so I've not been bothered since. My kids are my world, however this has made me think that I would like to meet someone special (must be special, I'm very picky  ::) ) when this is over.  It must put a huge strain on relationships though, so sometimes I think I'm lucky, and at others when everything goes t!ts up,  it would be nice to have someone to learn on. I have my 2 and they are very supportive.

You are moving too, that is an endurance in itself. A fresh start though, that is good.

Thanks for reassuring me about my melt downs. Can't wait for them to be gone!!

:smitten:

marj--I feel bad for you.  I remember things like what you've just gone through feeling like it had just pushed me over the edge.    As healing went on, I realized I was probably heading for a wave anyway when those things happened, and it wasn't actually circumstances and other people who were flipping me out.  Your brain just can't handle stress like this the way it would have in the past...and will in the future!  As you get well you'll start noticing times when you'll thinking--hey, wait, wouldn't that have flipped me out six months ago?  I'm sure you're already trying to avoid stress as much as possible,  right?  But we don't get to tick off "Dishwasher won't break" on some kind of a checklist as we proceed in healing.  :D

Finally, you are sounding so good!!!! I was reading a post you made earlier about the mental vs the physical...that's where I'm at in my healing. The little bit of mental that I have left is nothing compared to the physical. I could easily write my success story if based only on the mental.

The physical is holding me back..but I'm still encouraged by all of the positive posts lately. :thumbsup:

Keep healing!!!!

marj--I feel bad for you.  I remember things like what you've just gone through feeling like it had just pushed me over the edge.    As healing went on, I realized I was probably heading for a wave anyway when those things happened, and it wasn't actually circumstances and other people who were flipping me out.  Your brain just can't handle stress like this the way it would have in the past...and will in the future!  As you get well you'll start noticing times when you'll thinking--hey, wait, wouldn't that have flipped me out six months ago?  I'm sure you're already trying to avoid stress as much as possible,  right?  But we don't get to tick off "Dishwasher won't break" on some kind of a checklist as we proceed in healing.  :D

Finally, you are sounding so good!!!! I was reading a post you made earlier about the mental vs the physical...that's where I'm at in my healing. The little bit of mental that I have left is nothing compared to the physical. I could easily write my success story if based only on the mental.

The physical is holding me back..but I'm still encouraged by all of the positive posts lately. :thumbsup:

Keep healing!!!!

And I could write mine if based only on the physical symptoms !  ;);D:laugh:

Hey Marj, Are you across the pond? I was wondering because of the euro symbol and the boiler..in which we call a hot water heater. 

Stress...it can be very cruel in withdrawal. I work very hard to keep my stress at a minimum, sometimes turning off the phone, or just saying no, I can't or won't do that.

Even though I have a Type A personality I'm still an easy going person..until withdrawal and stress, I seem to want things done now and done my way.

Most things are minor if not in withdrawal..unfortunately, that's where we are right now..everything is over the top and tenfold...a meltdown in waiting.

I think you need a " me" day.  A long soak in the tub. Maybe you could enlist some help from friends to  give you a quiet day at home with some tea time.

Hi Beula (I still read you as Belula in my benzo mind :crazy: )

Yes I am in the UK. It's funny all the little differences we have. When I'm talking about doing my shopping at the supermarket, I hesitate and wonder if I should say doing my grocery at the store. And we have the pound £ here, God forbid the Euro lol

I'm so reassured knowing it's not just me and the meltdowns. Stress is so very, very cruel, and in withdrawal ugh...

I have had to do similar things as in monitor the phone and not pick up. Unfortunately that's usually my mother, who I love dearly, but oh my, at the moment it's a no no.

Yes deep breaths and constantly repeating to myself 'I am healing'. Unfortunately friends do not get this, I have 2 that I can talk to if I need to. Others hmm.........

Hugs back :hug:

Hi Beula (I still read you as Belula in my benzo mind :crazy: )

Yes I am in the UK. It's funny all the little differences we have. When I'm talking about doing my shopping at the supermarket, I hesitate and wonder if I should say doing my grocery at the store. And we have the pound £ here, God forbid the Euro lol

I'm so reassured knowing it's not just me and the meltdowns. Stress is so very, very cruel, and in withdrawal ugh...

I have had to do similar things as in monitor the phone and not pick up. Unfortunately that's usually my mother, who I love dearly, but oh my, at the moment it's a no no.

Yes deep breaths and constantly repeating to myself 'I am healing'. Unfortunately friends do not get this, I have 2 that I can talk to if I need to. Others hmm.........

Hugs back :hug:

Marj, two is a crowd of friends  in wd !  ;)

Benzotired ... hmmm ... typical ... I believe nothing about this stuff is "typical" ... and ... there does seem to be "clusters" of healing timelines ... some short ... some middle ... and some longer ...

Everyone is unique ... everyone has their rhythm and timeline for this stuff ...

And yes ... although I have not experienced it, it makes sense to me that coming off multiple drugs may reengage stages of recovery as each drug is withdrawn ... what that may mean symptom and time wise depends on each individual ...

And yes ... the appearance of new symptoms and the return of ones that had diminished is common ...

And ... the success stories tell us the stuff we experience during recovery goes away ... and normal sleep returns ...

This is hard stuff for those of us who have been in this process for a seemingly long time ... lots of room for doubts and fears ... lots of room for trying to "figure this stuff out" ...

I hear you are suffering and you are trying to get a handle on this stuff ... as difficult as it may seem and as trite as it may sound, some days the best we can do is to accept what is going on as our healing and do the best we can with where we are that day ...

"Future telling" has mostly been a waste of time for me and usually just drives me nuts for a while until I stop it ... bottom line ... we all recover ... nobody gets left behind ... we just have to stay with the process, whatever it is day to day ...

Our bodies know what they are doing ... and they are doing it well ... most times it is best for me to just get out of my own way and go play solitaire, or cook, or sit and watch the wind blow ... or go to work, or go for a walk ... or clean the bathroom or do laundry ...

Distraction is our helpmate and time is our healer ...  :thumbsup:

And there is Nova: once again, amazing the pants off me.

(I mean, dang ~ here I am at work, pantsless!...  :laugh: )

Written for someone else, but impacted me nonetheless. Thank you Nova~ your words and response were perfectly timed & written :)

Benzotired, you will make it :) A tough, confusing journey that this is, yes ~ but you will make it, buddy :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Keep healing!!!!

Hey Sky, my first withdrawal I had very little nerve pain..mostly mental.

I didn't know you're in Italy. If I could visit anywhere in the world that's where I would love to go.

Have you lived there all your life?

marj-- My mom is still in the no-go zone for me, too.  People write, worrying that they have PTSD over all of this.  I don't think I really do, except for maybe a teeny bit with my mom.  I've noticed she can still push my buttons, like she when she scoffs at me when I tell her why I'd think she's better off not taking Valium.  It just reminds me of her underlying attitude, how she really hasn't understood what I've been going through all along and has been vaguely embarrassed that it had something to do with drugs.  I've gotten really good at keeping myself out of harm's way, and if that means steering clear of her at times, that's what I do.  I will not be going back to being quite the dutiful, taken-for-granted daughter I was before!

Keep healing!!!!

I didn't know you're in Italy. If I could visit anywhere in the world that's where I would love to go.

Most of it.

Today my anxiety is off the charts !! I can't wait for tomorrow. My bad day has officiallly  become better than my good day !  :o

I feel like someone very strong is squeezing my chest and stomach, it's awful, I had rather have vibrations and palps  at this point !!

And when I have high anxiety, my intelligence, what is left of it, is impaired.

Oh well, this too shall pass.

Keep healing!!!!

Most of it.

Today my anxiety is off the charts !! I can't wait for tomorrow. My bad day has officiallly  become better than my good day !  :o

I feel like someone very strong is squeezing my chest and stomach, it's awful, I had rather have vibrations and palps  at this point !!

Sorry Sky, the anxiety is rough. I use to have the chest squeezing , I still have it in my stomach..had it so bad yesterday I couldn't hardly eat...today it's gone.

I always say " if this symptom would leave I could deal with the others," well it leaves and I say the same thing.

Hope your good day is not your bad day.  Keep healing. :smitten:

beaulah--here's something I figured out:  whatever symptom we have NOW is always the worst. :D  Just human nature.

Sky,

Sorry you are dealing with the dreaded anxiety. I hate it, it just sucks the life put of you. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. Thinking of you, Jenny

Sky, you have my sympathy. It's horrible when it affects your ability to concentrate, it's like your brain has been numbed with the stuff the dentist gives. It will pass, it always does  :hug:

marj-- My mom is still in the no-go zone for me, too.  People write, worrying that they have PTSD over all of this.  I don't think I really do, except for maybe a teeny bit with my mom.  I've noticed she can still push my buttons, like she when she scoffs at me when I tell her why I'd think she's better off not taking Valium.  It just reminds me of her underlying attitude, how she really hasn't understood what I've been going through all along and has been vaguely embarrassed that it had something to do with drugs.  I've gotten really good at keeping myself out of harm's way, and if that means steering clear of her at times, that's what I do.  I will not be going back to being quite the dutiful, taken-for-granted daughter I was before!

You've hit the nail on the head with slight PSTD regarding mothers. My jaw dropped when I read your post, especially the pushing buttons bit. I've lost count of the times Ive been left hyperventilating after a phone call. I tend not to pick up if I'm wavy. I used to be able to just roll my eyes to myself before wd. I do love her and I miss just being casual with her, however she can be one big trigger.

Yep, Marj, I know this story.  We're sisters.  :hug:A lot of my talk with my therapist was about my mother.  I was complaining that the whole world just expected me to get well RIGHT NOW and I just couldn't.  One chat with my therapist and I realized it was really just MY MOTHER taking this attitude.  The rest of the world didn't even have me on their radar and why should they?  I saw how I had just spent so much of my emotional energy over my life putting her at the top of my list, and now, she just couldn't be there for me.  My therapist has given me some really good tips how to deal with her.  One is to just let her talk and don't even bring stuff up when I know she's not going to say anything that's going to be of any comfort.  I can do a better job of being "a good daughter" when I'm just passive like this and don't expect anything from her.

Beulah.  Yay for waves that go away overnight. ...Eggs and bacon. ...eat up friend...You sound good Beulah.  More and more you sound good.  Thank you for shining a light...I am trying to follow..  Sending you hopes for big sunbreaks in the rain... .coop

Yes Coop, I will continue to shine the light..don't get lost in the darkness.

You are getting there my friend...just very slowly.

🎶🎶 This little light of mine🎶 I'm gonna let it shine🎶 :smitten:

.....Thanks  Beulah....your light is bright..  2 more blocks of windows today. I went wedding shopping with my daughter and had lunch with her and my ex...I had a wonderful time!.  I was clear, present and engaged....and HUNGRY. We had so much fun...I am home.  and still feeling good.  I know I will be back in the pumpkin instead of the carriage at any time.. but I am taking this and running with it. I felt...and do still feel 85% my old self....sort of unsettling in a way.  I don't quite know what do with the rest of my very good day...puttering in the house and watching The Waltons are completely boring to me today....thank you Beulah....We are all looking so much better.. coop

Lovely buddies.  I am off for a few days.. I am drowning in helping my daughter with getting the last week's before her wedding put together. and trying a few teetering social steps out into the world.  Wishing everyone Effortless Mind days ...See you again in a few days.  coop

Coop, I'm jumping for joy over your post. You sound so good and clear headed.

So happy happy happy that you had this good day with your daughter and ex. :thumbsup:

Yes, the Walton probably do seem boring..you have more to do than watch them right now.

Even if you do turn back into a pumpkin you know what is uphead waiting for you...more healing!!!!

Enjoy your evening and days of everything wedding..I'm detecting excitement.

Healing in progress!!!!  :thumbsup::smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [Dr...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [...]
    • [Ca...]