Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Hi Coop ... just slept for 3 hours ... having an acutish sort of day ...

Hoagies and ice cream ... I'll stop by ...  :thumbsup:

Sounds like we are all busy here on the thread, having heart attacks and what not.  ;)

I have had  a small break. Even though, yesterday in the car, the sun was so strong, the heat got to me, and mr Sky's voice sounded so far away in the distance, it felt like there was  fog all around me while he was talking. That's how the heat affected my brain yesterday, I just felt more and more distant, and this was a good day ! ;)

Today,surprise, another non vibration day. But the anxiety was so bad, it hurt physically. At this point, it's hard to telll what is worse. Anyway, suddenly it lifted. Wd is changing game again ?

Yesterday we went on a tour of houses and I had to repeat to mr Sky at least 30 times during the day, that there were some things I could not do, because I am intellectually challenged. And he knows how sick I am, he knows it very well.

So if he can forget, or not realise how much a Brain injury actually entails, what are we to expect from normal people ?

I don't think we realize how much the brain actually does.

Anyway that feeling of fog around the head, was scary. I could  function less than usual, not to mention how unpleasant it was.

In the evening, I had a mild sunstroke and I had to take an aspirin, which took the pain away from my head but made my heartbeat irregular.

Listen to me, what a whiner  !  ;)

I am so tired now, I am going to bed.

Everybody, hang in there and keep up the healing.  :smitten:

Sky, buying and selling houses is very, very stressful under the best of circumstances.  which these are not. 

The amount of DP/DR we get can feel like a brain injury.  I was reading Baylissa again last night, she's my goto for reassurance these days, and her brain fog was seriously dense this far out. Which is reassuring, because after her last bad wave in M 23, she healed, that was it, it was over, and everything came back, meaning her mental clarity, memories.  Some sx  lingered for awhile, but she declared success when the DP/DR and brain fog left. 

In the U.S., buying and selling can take many weeks, sometimes 2-3 months after a buyer/seller is found.  Does it move any faster in Italy?  You may well be healed by the time you get into this new house.

The sale should be quite quick. What we have to wait for, is that the bank  double check the value of the house before giving out the loan to  the guy who is buying it.

The hard part is finding a house for the sum we are being paid, we don't have a penny more.  So, a lot is undecided.

After making my body heal,whenever that might be,  I will have to focus on getting my bank account to heal.  ;) Tapering might be the most lasting way to deal with the issue.  8)

Nova, I see your light on, hope all is ok with you today. You too here for the weekend ?  ;)

I had a bumpy day, it got quite hot today. My vibrations were huge but that is because my period is coming.

Hi Sky ... yep ... a bumpy day ... just riding things out ... waiting til I can fall asleep again ...

Hope you get a good rest ...  :smitten:

Morning,

Well Im 14 months off today!!!  Have the day off today and its a lovely warm sunny one. Im hopefully just going to potter in the garden if this fatigue and muscle stiffness will let me. I had such a better day yesterday, last night I felt 'normal' and made the mistake of thinkkng of everything I could do today,  big mistake.  Of course I had crammed a whole summers worth of stuff (in my flawed thinking and pretend healed brain).  Now of course it is a matter of OMG,  I can barely climb the stairs. I think the best way to approach this is the Nova way; go low and slow for now. 

Has anyone else lost that ability to do things one at a time and have this crazy sense of urgency that you have to do everything at once? Its hard to explain as I never act on it,  it would be physically impossible.  Its weird :-\

My beautiful daughter asked me last night if I would like to go for a walk today,  so I am definately doing that.

Note to self: Accept the things you cant do today and ignore your benzo brain.

Blessings and healing to all  :smitten:

......Marj....CONGRATULATIONS....14 months is a huge trek through this journey....strong and courageous and determined you are. ....

....Yes, I think all of us have done the same thing...doing a ton of things on good days. and feeling it the next. ..You seem so steady in your ability to call out the Benzo lies as unreality...that is so crucial in getting through this. I am constantly working on developing better access to my rational mind....You are really doing so good Marj.....Wishing you sunbreaks.  coop

Thanks coop,  I try so hsrd to recognize the benzo lies but sometimes they really do fight back.

I'm just catching up,  not had chance to read much last couple of dsys as really busy at work yesterday and today has been awful.  My 14 month day was a good window day which slammed shut early evening.  Fear and irrational thoughts were triggered by some stress and I got really upset, as even though I had a good day,  the stress reminded me all is far from well. Exhausted on friday and lots of work,  kept my mind busy but added to the extreme fatigue.  I think today was a bit of a pressure cooker moment as my shower leaked through kitchen ceiling and then the boiler decided to pack in, so no hot water,  needless to say I had a total meltdown this afternoon. It was a this is it,  I cant take it anymore. My muscles feel like they have broken glass stuck in them,  the pain is...... Its so hard to believe there was no pain on thursday. I went for a brisk walk to try to get the panic under control,  it helped.  I am just so p****d off and feel like a mental case  :idiot:. I'm so sorry to moan and whinge when everyone is going through this pile of poop too and with much more dignity than me at the moment.  I think today needs writing off totally  :P Managed go to the supermarket though,  in total DP.  Need to lose the anger too  >:(

Hope everyone is doing better than this  :smitten:

Morning,

Well Im 14 months off today!!!  Have the day off today and its a lovely warm sunny one. Im hopefully just going to potter in the garden if this fatigue and muscle stiffness will let me. I had such a better day yesterday, last night I felt 'normal' and made the mistake of thinkkng of everything I could do today,  big mistake.  Of course I had crammed a whole summers worth of stuff (in my flawed thinking and pretend healed brain).  Now of course it is a matter of OMG,  I can barely climb the stairs. I think the best way to approach this is the Nova way; go low and slow for now. 

Has anyone else lost that ability to do things one at a time and have this crazy sense of urgency that you have to do everything at once? Its hard to explain as I never act on it,  it would be physically impossible.  Its weird :-\

My beautiful daughter asked me last night if I would like to go for a walk today,  so I am definately doing that.

......Marj....CONGRATULATIONS....14 months is a huge trek through this journey....strong and courageous and determined you are. ....

....Yes, I think all of us have done the same thing...doing a ton of things on good days. and feeling it the next. ..You seem so steady in your ability to call out the Benzo lies as unreality...that is so crucial in getting through this. I am constantly working on developing better access to my rational mind....You are really doing so good Marj.....Wishing you sunbreaks.  coop

Thanks coop,  I try so hsrd to recognize the benzo lies but sometimes they really do fight back.

I'm just catching up,  not had chance to read much last couple of dsys as really busy at work yesterday and today has been awful.  My 14 month day was a good window day which slammed shut early evening.  Fear and irrational thoughts were triggered by some stress and I got really upset, as even though I had a good day,  the stress reminded me all is far from well. Exhausted on friday and lots of work,  kept my mind busy but added to the extreme fatigue.  I think today was a bit of a pressure cooker moment as my shower leaked through kitchen ceiling and then the boiler decided to pack in, so no hot water,  needless to say I had a total meltdown this afternoon. It was a this is it,  I cant take it anymore. My muscles feel like they have broken glass stuck in them,  the pain is...... Its so hard to believe there was no pain on thursday. I went for a brisk walk to try to get the panic under control,  it helped.  I am just so p****d off and feel like a mental case  :idiot:. I'm so sorry to moan and whinge when everyone is going through this pile of poop too and with much more dignity than me at the moment.  I think today needs writing off totally  :P Managed go to the supermarket though,  in total DP.  Need to lose the anger too  >:(

Marj, congrats on your 14 months off.

It's so typical of wd, to throw in a wave to celebrate your anniversary.

You are not moaning, it seems to me you had plenty to get you irritated and upset and you did react remarkably well.

Even in wd, life happens.  ;) And it happened big time in your case !

Hi Sky,  thanks.  Sometimes I get so sick of complaining.  I open my mouth and blah,  I cant stop on days like this.  I read,  you are moving home; a stressful but hopefully distracting time for you.  Anything to take our minds of this.  I also get the vibrations.  Such fun aren't they  :tickedoff:

Green, ..it is such a cute feel good funny movie. 

..I think they want me back because they have r/o the kidney infection because the culture came back ok.  So now we are back to the original problem.  Cough with painful chrst/back and loss of breath....I am sure it's all fine .  But I wish it would go away.

......Enjoy the Homicide...I used to watch Criminal Minds until  I had seen almost every single one of them.  Year one..

...Hope you get some sleep before dawn tonight.  coop

Have you searched this site to see if anyone had this same exact thing?

Good Morning ... 4 AM here again ... had a bumpy time settling down last night ... and then got some good sleep ...

Remembered a dream fragment ... "this is about coherence ... not meaning" ... hmmm ... in a room with folks ... sitting in the round ... like some kind of support meeting ... and some one said that ... I felt quite comfortable hearing that ...

I substituted "healing" for "coherence" in my head ... and felt I should be wary of overthinking this stuff ... hmmm ...

It is a rainy morning here ... should clear out this afternoon ... going down to the veggie market this morning ... then back to my comfort zone ...

Saturday is here, another day in the books ... hope we all have a quiet weekend ...  :thumbsup:

Hey, Nova, the comfort zone, I'm sticking close to mine, too.  I'm so reluctant to poke the sleeping bear.  At some point I suspect that will happen, but for now the comfort zone is fine. :thumbsup:

Hi Mrs ... how are you keeping? ....

Been an up and down week for me ... nothing out of the ordinary ...

Another week in paradise ...  :smitten:

Hiya Nova,

I am keeping well. Things are not always "easy", but the healing continues despite ~ praising God for that! Its been a bit "soupy" the past week or so, but I'm just looking forward to it receding and leaving lots of healing in its wake.

Hope you're feeling lots of healing & getting better :) Its nice of you to reach out to me :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Mrs., you are such a young girl!  How in the world did you ever get prescribed  benzos?  I am so happy that you were able to get off them so quickly, and be educated on this site so that they never make a reappearance in your life.  (Although, I'm remembering, I was pretty young, maybe 32, 33?  the first time my doctor gave them to me for IBS.  Initially I was very suspicious of them, I didn't even take them, left the script in the medicine cabinet.  But they have a way of creeping up on us, don't they?

Nova, .  Sounds like my plan for the day too....go for a walk with the dog.. .putter around my place, rearrange my literal and metaphoric safe zone and try to zen through another day of healing....missing a movie date to see Jurassic World with my grandsons.....not enough zen in the world ....but will see them after the movie at my place for hoagies and ice cream...

....hope I can get my zen on straight...

...I slept good but woke up to mild nausea and some dread.  Why is this a repeat of acute?...Oh well, it doesn't matter.. it just is. .so moving on to find my old zen t-shirt...and to our has the Full Catastrophic Living.  I have been reading some random short articles about ' going into ' your fears instead of avoiding them or fighting them off in your thought. Such as.. if you are afraid  of having a public panic....envisioning that possibility and envisioning the worst that could happen in that situation.  You might pass out ( unlikely, but that is the fear).  and from there.. what is the worst that would happen if you passed out ....embarrassment.  and what is the worst that would come of public embarrassment. . people would talk about it ....and what is the worst of people talking about it.  On and on until you follow the entire fear to the conclusion..  most of what we fear does not happen. ..and those that do ultimately are manageable.  Interesting. Tricky with health fear, but that's what the book is for. 

.    Wishing everyone a better day..  Drew.  hoping your window stays wide open.  coop

Coop, I'm hearing so much about that movie I think I want to see it!  I saw all of those movies with my kids when they were younger -- God, Star Wars I've seen tens of times, all of them!

Fear.  Yes, I have a visual, diving into the fear, like it's a pool of water.  Through so much of the panic I've had, the bad anxiety, I get to my tipping point, it takes a while, when I'm really at the end of my rope, and then I let go.  I remember literally screaming in my car, "kill me already," because I couldn't take the anxiety and fear and dread anymore.

But this is probably not normal fear, Coop, that responds to most techniques.  Our fear and anxiety is so off the charts, it's completely unbearable. 

That said, there are some things that help a little, therapy, some little CBT tools I've learned just reading here, self talk, self soothing, that little incantation to the Unconscious Mind from Baylissa's book, holding the index finger with the opposite hand, that CBT question to yourself:  Is it possible what you fear is not real?  Not a reality?  that little question, to poke a hole in the false belief, it helps a little. 

But when these mental symptoms are rampaging, we all know the above is sticking a finger in the dike, just getting by until your mind calms down.

Mrs.  Wow.. nice to see you...yes, you do sound so resilient and positive as always....We miss you here.  .but understand that you are out there in the world living your life...Love it when you drop by.  .Encourages us to keep the faith in healing...love to you friend.....coop

Coop:  :hug:

I miss everyone too :) Ideally, I would spend time here, time at work, time waitressing, time with my hubby, time with friends, time cleaning & cooking, time exercising, time sleeping, etc etc. But, as Mr always says haha, there are only 24 hours each day, so we must prioritize our time & spend it wisely! So also while trying to be sure that I'm resting between all the "priorities" of the day, this means I need to cut time elsewhere  :-\ So while I don't post much, I still try & read often ~ and throw in some "2 cent" comments here 'n there whilst I'm at it :)

Oh, and PS: Today marks 7 months free! Yippee!! :yippee:

Praise GOD for 7 blessed months of freedom!!!

Mrs. :smitten:

You're doing so well, Mrs.  Congrats on 7 months. :smitten:

Green!...you actually passed out?...and you learned not to fear it?!....You need to write a book of your own . I am passing my zen t-shirt on to you..  I am so glad that you got over them...didn't they give you health fear?.  I want your super powers.. How are you doing today.  Is your breather holding up?

....sending you wishes for a really good day...hope you get some time out of the bunker....coop

Coop, that was Beulah.  And I'm sitting here with my mouth open after reading that, too. 

Wow, Beulah, yes, you do have super powers.

Hi.  :)  I am a little more than 11 months off.  Maybe too early to be here, but I sure feel as if I've been at this for a very long time and am wanting to just "be" somewhere where I can chat with others who are around same time frame; maybe get and offer some support.

Thanks.

Peace & good healing to all,

Serenity  :smitten:

Welcome, Serenity!  Yes, it is a long time, and, yes, we sure do need somewhere to be during this challenging, sometimes scary time in our lives.  You are welcome here.  Glad to have you.

Hi Green, ...I did a search but only came up with a couple ...there is one over on the post w/d board, but it is mostly regarding difficult breathing and air hunger. Nobody seems to have the cough with it. Beulah comes the closest with her bronchitis, cough and shortness of breath. I am playing the game like you and Nova...doing a little but staying very low and slow in my safe zone...also not stirring the beast. I take 12 mg of benedryl when I start head g towards panic with the back/chest pain. I am sure it's w/d , but my fears pull me in....I am using everything I used in acute...mindless tv, BBs,..fb, If it wasn't for this I would be so much more hopeful.

...My grandsons were over earlier for hoagies and ice cream after they saw Jurassic World...I was somewhat ok and enjoyed them so much....but was tired and ramped when they left....I am getting closer but I am so tired of living on the edges of normal....5 more months...I do feel the healing underneath consistently...I just feel like I am tip toeing around life....will be so happy to see this fear go....who has the 'Fear Be Gone'...I need it for a few days....

.....How was your day Green?.  ..I still can't believe you used to pass out in your first w/d and learned how to overcome it....if you can do that I can go another 5 months....coop

Sounds like we are all busy here on the thread, having heart attacks and what not.  ;)

I have had  a small break. Even though, yesterday in the car, the sun was so strong, the heat got to me, and mr Sky's voice sounded so far away in the distance, it felt like there was  fog all around me while he was talking. That's how the heat affected my brain yesterday, I just felt more and more distant, and this was a good day ! ;)

Today,surprise, another non vibration day. But the anxiety was so bad, it hurt physically. At this point, it's hard to telll what is worse. Anyway, suddenly it lifted. Wd is changing game again ?

Yesterday we went on a tour of houses and I had to repeat to mr Sky at least 30 times during the day, that there were some things I could not do, because I am intellectually challenged. And he knows how sick I am, he knows it very well.

So if he can forget, or not realise how much a Brain injury actually entails, what are we to expect from normal people ?

I don't think we realize how much the brain actually does.

Anyway that feeling of fog around the head, was scary. I could  function less than usual, not to mention how unpleasant it was.

In the evening, I had a mild sunstroke and I had to take an aspirin, which took the pain away from my head but made my heartbeat irregular.

Listen to me, what a whiner  !  ;)

I am so tired now, I am going to bed.

Everybody, hang in there and keep up the healing.  :smitten:

Sky, buying and selling houses is very, very stressful under the best of circumstances.  which these are not. 

The amount of DP/DR we get can feel like a brain injury.  I was reading Baylissa again last night, she's my goto for reassurance these days, and her brain fog was seriously dense this far out. Which is reassuring, because after her last bad wave in M 23, she healed, that was it, it was over, and everything came back, meaning her mental clarity, memories.  Some sx  lingered for awhile, but she declared success when the DP/DR and brain fog left. 

In the U.S., buying and selling can take many weeks, sometimes 2-3 months after a buyer/seller is found.  Does it move any faster in Italy?  You may well be healed by the time you get into this new house.

The sale should be quite quick. What we have to wait for, is that the bank  double check the value of the house before giving out the loan to  the guy who is buying it.

The hard part is finding a house for the sum we are being paid, we don't have a penny more.  So, a lot is undecided.

After making my body heal,whenever that might be,  I will have to focus on getting my bank account to heal.  ;) Tapering might be the most lasting way to deal with the issue.  8)

Nova, I see your light on, hope all is ok with you today. You too here for the weekend ?  ;)

I had a bumpy day, it got quite hot today. My vibrations were huge but that is because my period is coming.

Sky, yes, the vibrations have been visiting me, too.  Hate 'em! 

Yes, the fantastic disappearing bank account!  I think when we're well, it will be like losing weight -- after withdrawal, once we have our health and energy and minds back, losing weight, making money, not gonna be a problem. 

I'm getting flashes of knowing this is going to be over and everything is going to be okay, more than okay, really good, life is going to be good. (Except for a mild sense of impending doom that tells me I might die before or as soon as getting well!)

The only question, how long, how many months, how many waves?  And so I'm hanging in Nova's benzo withdrawal bunker.  Is it wave resistant?  we'll see.

Morning,

Marj, congrats on your 14 months off.

It's so typical of wd, to throw in a wave to celebrate your anniversary.

You are not moaning, it seems to me you had plenty to get you irritated and upset and you did react remarkably well.

Even in wd, life happens.  ;) And it happened big time in your case !

Congrats on 14, Marj!

Hi Coop ... just slept for 3 hours ... having an acutish sort of day ...

Hoagies and ice cream ... I'll stop by ...  :thumbsup:

...Hi Nova, ....You are welcome anytime for hoagies and ice cream....We had a good time. I was anxious the entire time which triggers my cough, but it was so worth it....I am in my bunker now ...trying to feel safe and on the low and slow for the night....At least we seem to be maintaining ....until we get to our next very good day....Wishing you a good night Nova....coop

Green!...you actually passed out?...and you learned not to fear it?!....You need to write a book of your own . I am passing my zen t-shirt on to you..  I am so glad that you got over them...didn't they give you health fear?.  I want your super powers.. How are you doing today.  Is your breather holding up?

....sending you wishes for a really good day...hope you get some time out of the bunker....coop

Coop, that was Beulah.  And I'm sitting here with my mouth open after reading that, too. 

Hi Green, ...I did a search but only came up with a couple ...there is one over on the post w/d board, but it is mostly regarding difficult breathing and air hunger. Nobody seems to have the cough with it. Beulah comes the closest with her bronchitis, cough and shortness of breath. I am playing the game like you and Nova...doing a little but staying very low and slow in my safe zone...also not stirring the beast. I take 12 mg of benedryl when I start head g towards panic with the back/chest pain. I am sure it's w/d , but my fears pull me in....I am using everything I used in acute...mindless tv, BBs,..fb, If it wasn't for this I would be so much more hopeful.

...My grandsons were over earlier for hoagies and ice cream after they saw Jurassic World...I was somewhat ok and enjoyed them so much....but was tired and ramped when they left....I am getting closer but I am so tired of living on the edges of normal....5 more months...I do feel the healing underneath consistently...I just feel like I am tip toeing around life....will be so happy to see this fear go....who has the 'Fear Be Gone'...I need it for a few days....

.....How was your day Green?.  ..I still can't believe you used to pass out in your first w/d and learned how to overcome it....if you can do that I can go another 5 months....coop

Coop, low and slow, yes, that's a perfect way to put it.  All three of us in the same place, me, you, Nova, low and slow. 

But that stupid cough.  Beulah had bronchitis, which is different.  You're coming up clean on all of your diagnostics.

I remember Jennie had trouble breathing for a long time, I don't know if there was a cough, but she just couldn't breathe.  did you talk to her?

Coop, does the cough/breathing issue come and go the same way as all of our symptoms?  Do you have it all the time?  Or does it completely disappear for periods of time?  Also, is it a dry cough or a productive cough?

P.S.  That was Beulah who passed out in withdrawal.  Me, I just drove my car into a retaining wall eight weeks out.  (no one hurt.  just damage)  I got some kind of muscle jerking thing and literally drove the car into a half wall. >:D

Yes Coop, I passed out quite a few times in my first withdrawal..it was the least of my worries..sometimes actually..a relief.  My panic attacks were so bad that I really don't know how I survived them. I don't know why my heart never gave out from beating so fast and so hard..it was all so cruel.

I'm past all of that now..I haven't had a lot of panic attacks this time around..thank god..I don't think I would have survived it again.

I'm ok today..low and slow. :smitten:

Green. ...it WAS Beulah!!!....I got lost in the posts and quotes and thought it was you....Man...that girl has true Super Powers...and ...she suffered from health fears in her first w/d too.....You drove your car into a divider?....Glad you were ok..

...the cough...it comes and goes throughout the day...talking and eating cause me to cough and lose my breath. If I am calm and in my safe zone it is less...my back and chest hurt and my upper abdomen hurts if I eat a y thing more than yogurt or mashed potatoes....praying it's not gall bladder...Hong it's esophogitis.. in a panic I am sure it's a heart attack....then I take 1/4 of a benedryl...I know...I would rather not take benedryl but it keeps me from begging my daughter to come and get me and take me to er...I just have to get to Tuesday and be evaluated again in a sane rational manner....as opposed to the craziness of er. ...I do feel that the rib/chest pain gets worse over the day...well blah blah blah....health fear looming.. 

....I don't think we will always have to be low and slow, but for right now it's keeping me put together

...I couldnt do this without you and Nova and Beulah and Sky and everyone here..  Hope you are cozier down in your zone...Are you still doing the geneology?....I want to be Italian, but I am not...I am French and Irish....I would rather be Italian.......Wishing you a peaceful night in your safety zone....coop

BEULAH!!!... It was YOU....who passed out in your first w/d and learned to overcome it....pulled over to the side of the road to pass out and continued on....I know that is not funny....it's sheer mind control...but it makes me think of those fainting goats....Beulah, didn't that send your health fears straight over the cliff..  ?

.....No wonder you have made it though this w/d...Could you send me 1/8th of your grit?....love to you ....coop

Yes Coop, I passed out quite a few times in my first withdrawal..it was the least of my worries..sometimes actually..a relief.  My panic attacks were so bad that I really don't know how I survived them. I don't know why my heart never gave out from beating so fast and so hard..it was all so cruel.

I'm past all of that now..I haven't had a lot of panic attacks this time around..thank god..I don't think I would have survived it again.

I'm ok today..low and slow. :smitten:

Beulah....I am so sorry all of that happened to you. I don't know how you survived that. I am so glad you are not having panics like that now...Did they just stop?.......You have been through it Beulah and you are stronger than the dragon....coop

Hi.  :)  I am a little more than 11 mont

hs off.  Maybe too early to be here, but I sure feel as if I've been at this for a very long time and am wanting to just "be" somewhere where I can chat with others who are around same time frame; maybe get and offer some support.

Thanks.

Peace & good healing to all,

Serenity  :smitten:

...Serenity.....jump right in....you are in a goid place here and you will fit right in. This is a great group of buddies. We are all just like you. .getting through w/d one day at a time ...helping each other along the way. You will find great support here.

...You will get through this.. We all will....Wishing you sunbreaks... cooperten

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pe...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [On...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [ry...]
    • [de...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [ge...]