Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

You guys are at the teeth clenching stage? The usage recoveryies may be parallel to usage duration..make sure to get a teeth guard, learn how to brush properly and floss, and keep that diet going because I'm having gum recession problems as well as my teeth being grinded down before I had the guard..if I can save you guys any possible steps, just make sure you keep pushin

Yeah, this teeth clenching is strange...only do it when I'm wavy. I don't grind the teeth just clench them.

Yes, it's very important to take care of our teeth..I think withdrawal can and does play around in our mouths. :tickedoff:

Good that you got a mouth guard. :thumbsup:

Keep on the healing side. :smitten:

Teeth clenching is something very much on my mind. I ruined my teeth in tolerance,  and I do think it had something to do with benzos as now it's much better. However, when things get worse, I see it happen again, even though in a different way, can' quite explain.

I would like to use my teethgrinder, but it has not been possible, I have odd reactions to it that make things worse in wd. I remember in acute and the first year, it used to make me feel sick and I could not stand the smell of it.

So, we' ll see when that gets better.

Sky, this teeth clenching is quite odd...I have a hard time understanding and explaining it. I do have a mouth guard..I had one made in my first withdrawal..then I was grinding and clenching..I can't wear it now though because it makes me dizzy and nauseated. I also have Tmj and it has worsened with the teeth clenching.

Can't wait till this symptom is over. :(

You guys are at the teeth clenching stage? The usage recoveryies may be parallel to usage duration..make sure to get a teeth guard, learn how to brush properly and floss, and keep that diet going because I'm having gum recession problems as well as my teeth being grinded down before I had the guard..if I can save you guys any possible steps, just make sure you keep pushin

Yeah, this teeth clenching is strange...only do it when I'm wavy. I don't grind the teeth just clench them.

Yes, it's very important to take care of our teeth..I think withdrawal can and does play around in our mouths. :tickedoff:

Good that you got a mouth guard. :thumbsup:

Keep on the healing side. :smitten:

Teeth clenching is something very much on my mind. I ruined my teeth in tolerance,  and I do think it had something to do with benzos as now it's much better. However, when things get worse, I see it happen again, even though in a different way, can' quite explain.

I would like to use my teethgrinder, but it has not been possible, I have odd reactions to it that make things worse in wd. I remember in acute and the first year, it used to make me feel sick and I could not stand the smell of it.

So, we' ll see when that gets better.

Sky, this teeth clenching is quite odd...I have a hard time understanding and explaining it. I do have a mouth guard..I had one made in my first withdrawal..then I was grinding and clenching..I can't wear it now though because it makes me dizzy and nauseated. I also have Tmj and it has worsened with the teeth clenching.

Can't wait till this symptom is over. :(

Thanks Beulah for getting back to me on this one.

Well, at 19 months out, I am still amazed at how oddly comforting it is to hear that someone else has the same thing.  ;D

You' d think that by now, we would be used to it, wouldn't you ?

Today has really been bad, it was my bad day but the heat was really unbearable, it did not help at all. 

I am going to hang around a little longer and then go to bed. It's so ironic that the only day I can actually hang out on the thread is the one day when very few buddies are here.  ;D

Murphy's law all the way to the end !  ;)

I was thin now fat... I sooo know what ur saying. Once we are well I shape and life will thrive... I want to hike again 18 months I can't heart rate wont go down and I get tired easy still.

Happy, hiking, your lips to God's ears!  I want to hike so badly.  I think the reason I want to hike is that's when I felt my best.  So I connect hiking to feeling well and healthy and energetic and strong.  All the things I have not felt using benzos and through withdrawal.  I believe we will hike again, though.  Maybe not as long and as hard, but we will hike again!

GreenIce,

I hope I follow in your footsteps & things settle down for me too.  I decided to diet brcausevI was just getting fatter and fatter. I've gained 40 pounds and I worry  I won't be able to lose it. I still can't exercise or even walk very well, so watching the eating is all I can do. Hopefully, as I heal my Benzo Belly will disapate on its own, then I'll have a better idea of the actual weight gain.

I have trouble staying on a diet because I can't sleep, so I eat in the night out of frustration & boredom. Wish I could sleep when I'm supposed too.

About weight, something strange is happening to me.

Until not long ago, I was one of those who was putting on tons of weight with no reason, I simply was not eating anything to justify the increase.

Then, suddenly, I did not lose weight according to my scale, but my pants, my bras, all my  trousers are incredibly loose around my  breasts, hips and bottom. And my face of course.

I have this huge belly, really unbelievable.

I doubt all this weight will be hard for us to lose when we get well. After all we have been through, how hard can it be  to go to a gym and eat  better?  I so want to be able to exercise, I can't wait, I dream about it, you know ?

I

Sky, I remember you mentioning the loose trousers, without the corresponding loss on the scale.  I had that experience myself, with pants, trousers. When I'm brave enough to look in a full length mirror, a lot of this weight is sitting right on my gut, good ole benzo belly.  a belly that seems to rise up to under my breasts.  It's really unbelievable.  On a bad day it's like a full term pregnancy.  And it's not from what I eat.  It's completely unprovoked, like any other symptom.

Lostdog said once he healed he lost 20 pretty quickly.  And I agree with the previous post, after withdrawal, just exercising and losing weight does not faze me.  If we got through this, we can do anything.

Yes, Sky, quiet day on the thread.  I guess that's a good sign.  I'm off to see Dr. Faustus with Chris Noth.  I'm tired, don't want to go into the city, but I'm going to drag myself and go.  Trying to live as best I can until the next wave.  Have the best day possible, everyone.

Ahhh, I sure can relate to the big belly..it's been a real struggle today..I look and feel like I swallowed a watermelon...so uncomfortable. A lot of times my clothes will feel loose fitting..I jump on the scales and nope..no weight loss. I think in my case it's the nerves settled..because on a bad day my belly feels tight and painful like today..the tummy muscles feel sore and I had to put a dress on because I can't stand the tight feeling around my waist..even though my pants are loose.

On a good day my belly feels normal and not so big.

Another benzo symptom that needs to bite the dust. :smitten:

Hi all...quick check in...I wear a mouth guard and it helped a lot w my teeth clenching.

It's the middle of the weekend wedding....survived the rehearsal dinner and the church service today. Church was a white knuckles as I was in the wedding.  Ugh...very hot and then an hour of pics.  No food.  Did okay. Just sneaked away from the head table as my brain is starting to buzz and ear hiss. I've had to be "on" and talking w lots of people and feeling sort of trapped.  Dinner just finishing and the party part will start soon.  Just want to stay in room but I'll go back out and handle it.  Weekend wedding in wave not fun but trying to make best of it. 

Hope everyone is feeling better as day goes on.

Dang, Drew, I hate that feeling of having to be "on" and that's why I've become such a recluse.  You seem to pull it off pretty well though.  I can't believe you do improv.  Seems to me that would be the most nervous sort of performing ever.  No just learning the lines and going on automatic pilot.  Good luck with the rest of the wedding.

Hi all...quick check in...I wear a mouth guard and it helped a lot w my teeth clenching.

It's the middle of the weekend wedding....survived the rehearsal dinner and the church service today. Church was a white knuckles as I was in the wedding.  Ugh...very hot and then an hour of pics.  No food.  Did okay. Just sneaked away from the head table as my brain is starting to buzz and ear hiss. I've had to be "on" and talking w lots of people and feeling sort of trapped.  Dinner just finishing and the party part will start soon.  Just want to stay in room but I'll go back out and handle it.  Weekend wedding in wave not fun but trying to make best of it. 

drew,  you're doing a good job at " fake it till you make it". I'm sure this was very hard for you to do and hopefully it will be over soon and you can go rest. Take it easy. :smitten:

FJ63,

I completely agree, I need to coddle myself while I'm still healing. I am doing that, but I'm still changing what I eat. Like no bread, as little sugar as possible, more vegetables and low fat protein.

It's just a more healthy way to eat.  I'm really sad I had to give up my waffle with butter & syrup that I was eating at 3 am every night. Really wish I could have continued that without gaining weight. 😊

BTW I liked your success story. Very well done. Congratulations, I hope to be in your shoes soon.

Sky & Green, seems we all have the same problem. I agree well all be able to get our physical selves back as soon as we heal.

Windows fir everybody!

Thanks, Korbe.  I meant to say earlier that on my super compulsive "health" charts, I had a square to mark for "Eating after midnight."  Yes, waffles at 3:00 would get a check there.  :D I knew I would not be getting my weight under control as long as I was checking that box.  Glad to say that it's been several months since that has happened.  The weight loss miracle can go ahead and happen anytime! :D

Certainly good to steer your diet in a better direction as much as you can.  No need to wait until you completely well.  But when you have so little that's making you feel good or giving you satisfaction or comfort, who can blame you for that waffle?  Not me! :smitten:

Good Morning ... I had a sick day yesterday ... and the weather was rainy and cool ...

Things are percolating for me, so I do not feel in the doldrums ... moving slowly and quietly ...

Marvelous bright late Spring day here this morning ... will get out for a good walk a little later ...

Hope we all have a quiet, healing day ...  :smitten:

Drew,  you are doing amazing.  There's no way I could handle a wedding,  far too stimulating.  I would freak :o

Nova,  I love that phrase 'moving slowly and quietly' as that is me to a t at the moment. But that is ok- slow and quiet is good.  It is sunday!

I have some vibrations going on and spacey fatigue,  muscles tingly, so going to try to potter quietly in the garden.  May pay quick visit to garden centre to get a large plant to block my horrible neighbours; a story I feel I would like to share with you all at some point as it has been quite distressing and I value all your opinions,  would that be ok? It could also provide some comedy, for me,  in time.

Hope everyone is having a reasonable day  :smitten:

FJ63,

I completely agree, I need to coddle myself while I'm still healing. I am doing that, but I'm still changing what I eat. Like no bread, as little sugar as possible, more vegetables and low fat protein.

It's just a more healthy way to eat.  I'm really sad I had to give up my waffle with butter & syrup that I was eating at 3 am every night. Really wish I could have continued that without gaining weight. 😊

BTW I liked your success story. Very well done. Congratulations, I hope to be in your shoes soon.

Sky & Green, seems we all have the same problem. I agree well all be able to get our physical selves back as soon as we heal.

Windows fir everybody!

Korbe, I agree...coddle ..with an attitude of wanting to stay healthy while giving into guilty pleasures of waffles and syrup..it's hard. I struggle with this everyday. I basically eat whatever I want..while trying to avoid the triggers..sugar for sure.

I'm not worried so much right now about weight gain..more about healing and small.indulges...then I figure the weight will come after healing.

:smitten:

Good Morning ... I had a sick day yesterday ... and the weather was rainy and cool ...

Things are percolating for me, so I do not feel in the doldrums ... moving slowly and quietly ...

Marvelous bright late Spring day here this morning ... will get out for a good walk a little later ...

Glad you feel a bit better. :thumbsup: Enjoy your walk with the nice weather. :smitten:

Beulah--literally, MY PLEASURE.  I was driving home from having REINSTATED....at the gym  :D and I just thought...this is it.  I'm well.  I'm posting that sucker.  So many times over the past two years I've been in a window that I really hoped was IT only to find it wasn't.  But now I'm confidently well. 

I am off to one of our forest properties this morning to make a little picnic place beside the creek for our darling little grandson.  Life is good.  :) 

Everybody, hang in there.  You're almost there. :smitten::thumbsup:

Beulah--literally, MY PLEASURE.  I was driving home from having REINSTATED....at the gym  :D and I just thought...this is it.  I'm well.  I'm posting that sucker.  So many times over the past two years I've been in a window that I really hoped was IT only to find it wasn't.  But now I'm confidently well. 

I am off to one of our forest properties this morning to make a little picnic place beside the creek for our darling little grandson.  Life is good.  :) 

Everybody, hang in there.  You're almost there. :smitten::thumbsup:

I'm sitting here reading your words over and over. Life is good...I want to be able to say and feel it.

Have fun at your picnic with your darling grandson...they are precious. :smitten:

Beulah-- you WILL be able to say it.  I have been MISERABLE so often for so long.  If I can come out of this, you can too! :smitten:

Superb news FJ!  I read it last night while trying to recover my brain from all the stimulation of the wedding. So happy another one gets out of this.

It was hard this weekend but I did it and I had some real good periods of feeling ok mixed in. I haven't seen a lot of these people for a few years and I have to say I had mixed emotions. I have changed and I can never go back so it can be awkward. They stay up drinking or doing some drugs(never big for me) and I just value the good health I don't have yet to do any of that. The thing is I find myself getting angry? or something towards them that they are wasting their lives or medicating through them.  It's not their fault and I don't like feeling this way.  They are all not like this all the time but cutting loose at a big wedding party.  Maybe it's jealousy that I can't live like that anymore. That part of my life is gone and maybe being around all of them has shown me what I lost and how unhappy I was from being so sick for so many years.    Trying to process this all but it's not their fault as they probably never had anything like this and none of them get it.  Didn't really try and explain.

Off to a great breakfast soon in wine country and then home. Be well all.

Yes, Sky, quiet day on the thread.  I guess that's a good sign.  I'm off to see Dr. Faustus with Chris Noth.  I'm tired, don't want to go into the city, but I'm going to drag myself and go.  Trying to live as best I can until the next wave.  Have the best day possible, everyone.

Wow, that sounds nice.

How is Chris Noth looking these days ? Is he still handsome ?

Drew, I don't know how you are doing it. try to take small breaks, possible going to the restroom and maybe that small break, will help your brain.

Hang in there.

Moving slowly and quietly and relentlessly, Michael.  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mt...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [ne...]
    • [On...]
    • [jo...]
    • [kn...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [Sw...]