Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Yay Coop  :smitten:

If I remember correctly, just be sure to drink a full 8oz water when taking each dose, as well as maybe eating something small :) Should be great! Actually, I often had quite the uptick in anxiety with UTIs, and often felt so much better after a couple days of antibiotic :) I hope you see things get much better very soon :)

Rest well :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Coop mrs is right about the anxiety kicking up during a uti...I haven't had one in this wd but I had a couple in my first...and they did rev up my symptoms. I had to take bactrim with one of them and if I remember correctly it didn't do me harm.

I went to bad at eleven and nerve pain in my leg woke me up..took some tylenol..waiting for it to work.

My husband rubbed the back of my leg..he said it felt like a knotted up muscle...I think it's a muscle pushing on a nerve. This has been my worst symptom for a year and a half...it needs to leave.

We've got to keep climbing the mountains and swimming the oceans to healing. :smitten:

Green-I perform improvised live theater.  Doing really well tonight.  At intermission.

I have to say I am totally impressed, totally. I love theater, all theater, everything.  I crawl on all fours to get myself to see something.  Drew, I think that's so great, that you were able to hold on to something you love through this.

You guys saved me from a a yukky drug.. thank you so much. I went to pick up the prescription and sure enough it was Cipro something ....I refused it based on the helpful advice everyone was so kind to offer. Went back later and now have sulfa something ( I think it is Bactrim or something like it) I am so much more comfortable trying that . ....Green, I don't know how severe the infection is...my back hurts but no temp and no real pain peeing at all....so I am pretty sure I don't need the super duper Ebola drug....I am happy with this.  ..I had shingles (?) diagnosed by the ARNP a few weeks ago...just a light blistery rash at the waistline on the back on one side.  like a Nike swoosh.  The rash disappeared  after about 2 weeks excepting just some mostly healed scabby ones.

......Man, do I sound like a full blown hypochondriac or what.  ..I made it through half of the concert.. loud.. really loud.  small gym....big audience....band music rather than symphony..  I was already at my limit. Was glad to stay long enough to see my grandson's section play... thank god tomorrow is another day...planning a low and slow day. 

....very grateful for all of the great advice.  coop

Coop, it's so odd that you are in health fears over the cough and you blithely overlook your shingles, your UTI.  If someone told me I had shingles right now, I would totally freak out.

I also think it's odd the way the shingles resolved so quickly, without any treatment.  Just goes to show you how bizarre this whole thing is, how unpredictable our bodies are right now.

Be cautious with the UTI.  I don't go to any doctors if I can help it, but if they're concerned you should keep a close eye on it.

Green, I agree.. but it is the cough that is causing me so much angst because I can't breathe and talk at the same time...it scares me.  I ,thought the back pain was from constant coughing. I am now a little concerned about the uti.. but I didn't even know I had one until day and I am taking the bacteim...  I suspect the ' shingles' were misdiagnosed .. or a very light outbreak..  I hope it's all just going to start clearing up now..  Next week should be much better.. I can definitely feel the w/d improvement underneath all of this chaos.

.....coop

Thanks everyone for all the congrats fir reaching 19.  We all need to be congratulated for making it thus far through this living hell.  I do have to say I have been feeling a little better the last couple of days.  I think I'm getting partial windows throughout the day.  I still struggle with pain from stinging lower legs at night which keeps me from sleeping. My new MO is falling asleep around 6:30Am wake around 8, feed the dog, read the paper until I fall asleep sitting up, usually around 9, then go to sleep on the sofa until noon or later. I've tried everything for my stinging legs, but nothing works, however today I decided to use AsperCream on them every two or three hours & I think it's helping. My

Benzo Belly still hurts too. I'm dieting now, low carb lots of veggies, to see if I can reduce its size.  Sent for some new probiotics somebody raved about on Benzo Buddies. So hopefully things will start to improve. 

Talked to two different friends today that told me I sounded like my old self. So that's a good sign too.

Coop, glad you took everyone's good advice. You definitely needed an antibiotic.  What you got won't hurt you. Be sure to drink lots of fluid so you pee out the infection. You'll be ok.  I went through the same thing last year.

We are all on the last leg of this marathon, so let's sprint to the finish.

Korbe - Congrats on month 19. :thumbsup: You made it over the hump!!!!

Wishing you many wide open windows. :smitten:  Healing in progress.

Hi,  I'm 8 months off Remeron and 23 months off Klonopin. Several months after stopping the Remeron last Sept, I noticed that breathing at night was becoming difficult where I felt like I had to inhale much deeper with each breath to finish the breath.  Felt  sort of like I was suffocating.    This continued to get worse and I now have this the worst when laying down at night, but also now all day long.

This has made any sort of sleep pretty impossible as every breath feels like it needs attention.    I finally did a sleep study test expecting it to be normal, but it showed that I had mild to moderate Sleep Apnea !!

I never had any troubles with breathing at night or in the daytime before I jumped from the last dose of Remeron.    HAs anyone else had this?  I know that the air hunger is a common symptoms, but mine has persisted and gotten much worse so that it is no longer ocassional, but all the time, and now I have sleep apnea?  I also now seem to have trouble with my swallowing, as if my throat is closing off.

Is it possible that the withdrawal has caused muscle constriction in my bronchi, lungs, etc. and that this will go away when this nightmare is over, or am I now stuck with sleep apnea for the rest of my life?

I haven't slept a wink now for several nights and even the MJ I use for sleep no longer is effective.  Once up and around this deep deep queasy, nauseating dizziness sets in which last the whole day and evening.  My world is getting smaller and smaller.  I have not had any windows at all , just the same intense dizziness, nausea, GI stuff, insomnia,  and anxiety all day every day.  When will some of this abate????

I appreciate any comments about this air hunger issue, which apparently is pretty common, but I would really like to hear from anyone who also developed sleep apnea from the air hunger  during this awful journey.

Many thanks.  BT

.MARJ..I could have written your post myself...you are right on track.. You are doing great...you have more grit than I do.  You have more good days coming...We are all supporting you all the way through.

I don't believe I have more grit than you coop as I think we all have our different strengths and struggles ( I won't say weaknesses as we are ALL so strong for going through this). The thought of any large social gathering sends me into near panic. My confidence is pretty shot a lot of the time, and I'm completely sick to death of the self critical, over analyzing mind jumping around.

After my coffee cake extraveganza which turned out well, I should have been proud. Instead I ahve been questioning myself about whether I could have done a better job (I made it for a collegue who paid me). I know this sounds trivial but I don't understand where this thinking comes from.

On a positive, my morning was better today than it has been for a long time. I suddenly felt a wave of fatigue set in at lunch time. I don't know if I've overdone it a bit this week trying to overcome this recent wave. I always feel better when I'm active, I just feel exhausted but wish I could relax or I wish my mind would relax. It tries to scare me, telling me this won't end, this is me or this is something else. I long to sit in the garden, with warm sunshine on my face and not think about withdrawal :tickedoff:   

New success story posted by Galea.  Took two years to heal. 

Benzo tired-I'm sorry but I haven't had that issue.  Only a myriad of others :crazy:

Green, I agree.. but it is the cough that is causing me so much angst because I can't breathe and talk at the same time...it scares me.  I ,thought the back pain was from constant coughing. I am now a little concerned about the uti.. but I didn't even know I had one until day and I am taking the bacteim...  I suspect the ' shingles' were misdiagnosed .. or a very light outbreak..  I hope it's all just going to start clearing up now..  Next week should be much better.. I can definitely feel the w/d improvement underneath all of this chaos.

.....coop

Coop, I'm not at all surprised u got shingles. If u didn't catch them in a swimming pool filled with kids with chicken pox, then it's the Inhumane levels of stress you've been living with these past few weeks. The cough as u describe it is awful. This is not something ur blowing out of proportion due to health fears. This is extremely uncomfortable. And when we have a sx that just doesn't let up, that doesn't give us a freaking break, of course we fall apart.

This will pass for u, Dear Coop. I'm sending some healing energy

BT ... I am sorry to hear you are having this combination of symptoms ... my experience with sleep apnea is somewhat the opposite of yours ... I was "diagnosed" with sleep apnea prior to starting my taper ... and I did indeed have the symptoms of sleep apnea ... I used the CPAP for perhaps 16 or 17 months and received no benefit from it ... what did transpire, about 3 months or so after I competed my taper all the sleep apnea symptoms vanished ... I was recently tested again and no sleep apnea was found ...

What is curious to me, my weight has not changed very much during this time, I still smoke, and I have gotten very little exercise compared to my pre-taper days ... and ... we are all unique ... so, I have no "advice" regarding your combination of symptoms ...

I believe there is a connection between the gut, the air hunger issues, and the throat/ear/neck issues ... all my symptoms regarding this combination come and go ... and the air hunger and the throat/ear/neck stuff started for me about 5 months ago after the first cold I have had in years which lasted about three weeks ...

For me, I believe this is all recovery related ... and ... that may well not be true for everyone ... who can say? ...

:)

Good Day ... did my third day in a row long walk stuff ... and got slammed pretty hard about half way through my morning ... gut stuff, breathing, swallowing, all the usual symptoms ...

So ... I just kept going until I got home ... just walked through it ... was does this mean? ... who knows ...

Should be rainy and windy tomorrow so will not go out ... if the weather is good I intend to keep going out each morning until I either do a face plant or get better ... whichever comes first ... walking is my pleasure and I will not give it up again ...

Hope we all have a good day ...  :smitten:

ha! I love simple jokes.  Keep em coming.

Off to read the new success story.  Right now I need it.

--------

What did the baby porcupine say when it backed into a castus?

Is that you mamma?

New success story posted by Galea.  Took two years to heal. 

Benzo tired-I'm sorry but I haven't had that issue.  Only a myriad of others :crazy:

Drew, thanks for pointing her story out, very inspiring indeed.

When I got on the board, she was the first one to show me around, because of course, I kept getting lost on the forum with my benzo brain.  :)

Afternoon all,

I also got out and tried to walk a little..but the fake sciatic nerve pain in my leg brought it to a halt.

As I was walking back home I got hit with a wave of nausea,body pain,neck pain and stiffness.

The waves are getting shorter but are still hard. I knew this morning when I got up that today would be bad. Could be from not sleeping last night..awful nerve pain in my leg. I woke up clenching my teeth..a signal that a wave is lurking around the corner.  I'm on the couch now till the wave passes..dreaming of a healed life. I keep telling myself maybe the wave will bring more healing...we'll see.

Hope you all are having a better day. :smitten:

Beulah ... yep ... my wave stuff seems to be back for a while ... just taking it easy until this one passes ... as they always do ...

Hope we all have a quiet evening ...  :smitten:

Beulah ... yep ... my wave stuff seems to be back for a while ... just taking it easy until this one passes ... as they always do ...

Hope we all have a quiet evening ...  :smitten:

Yes Nova, the waves always pass...put the sails up and keep sailing till the next big wave.

It ain't over till it's over. :smitten:

Hope you have a peaceful evening. We have some rain moving here.

Beulah ... rain coming for us overnight and tomorrow ... hopefully it will be a quiet day ... haven't had a quiet full weekend in a long, long time ...

Be Well ...

Afternoon all,

I also got out and tried to walk a little..but the fake sciatic nerve pain in my leg brought it to a halt.

As I was walking back home I got hit with a wave of nausea,body pain,neck pain and stiffness.

The waves are getting shorter but are still hard. I knew this morning when I got up that today would be bad. Could be from not sleeping last night..awful nerve pain in my leg. I woke up clenching my teeth..a signal that a wave is lurking around the corner.  I'm on the couch now till the wave passes..dreaming of a healed life. I keep telling myself maybe the wave will bring more healing...we'll see.

Hope you all are having a better day. :smitten:

Beulah, probably you are right, it could be from not sleeping. It doesn't help at all in any case.

I too get that teeth clenching thing, feels odd.

Sorry you and Nova are in  a wave, you are doing the right thing by waiting it out.

THe waves are getting shorter, until one day there won't be waves ?

I can feel my eyes sort of fading out on me as I write, of course they would do it now, that I am taking a couple of minutes to catch up on the forum ! :tickedoff:

Today was my good day, so tomorrow I know what to expect.  ;)

Hope to catch up more during the weekend, have you noticed that now time is flying ? Or is it just me ?

THere was a part of acute when time would never go by and now it just flies, I don't like either, I want things to be balanced.

Night everybody, here it is 11, 23 pm and I have to get to bed to get my beauty sleep ! ;) It was so hot today here.

Happy healing everybody, wish you all well. :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ga...]
    • [te...]
    • [ro...]
    • [PE...]
    • [ry...]
    • [Li...]
    • [ge...]
    • [...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [Fa...]