Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Jenny ... yep ... this lingering stuff is a bear ... and being angry is probably not such a bad thing ... perhaps it means there is more energy under this exhaustion than we thought ...

Another day closer ...  :smitten:

Drew,  I think that's true...CBT doesn't back down a panic, but I think you have done a great job of using it to deal with anxiety and health fears....How are you doing now?...

....so sorry this has been a crappy day for all of us....coop

Just being one w it all.  I didn't get any panics per se...just so symptomatic that I had to try and stop fighting them and hunker down.  Each time my rational mind was speaking to me but it couldn't lessen the symptoms.  I just rested in bed. I know the drill as we are all professionals at this.  It'll pass...it always does.  It's all about distracting from symptoms and passing the time.  The thing I am good at now is just passing the time in chunk by chunk and not "what if".

I'm glad I'm not the only one battling breathing....throat tightness....swear it  feels like my throat is going to tightening shut....can't figure out if it's due to stomach issues or not....was at a immunologist today....she said my lungs sounded great  oxygen level perfect...same goes for blood pressure...but inside I feel like a sqeeezing war is going on.......sorry I'm venting....but the squeezing muscles increases anxiety...but feels like I'm not going to be able to swallow or breath at times.....

Does anyone feel like their throat and chest tightness  is muscle spasms?.....or like a squeezing sensation.....?..

Hugs!TM

Texasmama....man, what is going on with all the breathing issues...your story is very similar to mine.  3 ekgs.. all normal.  B/p good.  oxygen 97%.  yada yada yada.  Yet I feel that I am suffocating.  Can barely talk and breathe at the same time . I can get breath in, but feel breathless on the exhale...nearly all the time. Also the chest tightness you speak of .I saw the pulmonologist.  He said something about gulping air and over breathing and bronchial spasms...actually, like your sx.. spasms all up and down respiratory structures including esophogus,  throat, lungs.....Do you get panics? ...I feel like I am 2 steps away from dying...I am sorry you are going through this it is so scary...I have no tricks for dealing with it...I do what I can in the mornings and lay on my bed in the afternoons trying to be calm.. .and distract from it. One thing that does help is a hot lavender Epsome salt bath soak..it helps relax everything temporarily...but mine comes back later

....I think this is the worst sx I have had....at 18.5 months out I am just stunned that it hit me like this. I had no breathing issues what so ever up until month 18...

...Wishing you well with this.. coop

Coop......

It's like terrible muscle tightness....in chest,stomach and throat....it produces the worst heat like gas or pressure....it gags me.....deep breathing is nt really helping....but I feel my throat is going to close at times...then I cough.....brings on high anxiety.....I force myself to eat.....I also panick that it's a allergic reaction to my breast implants or some toxin I got from extracted root canal two years ago when this all started crashing down.....yes I feel my body is shutting down.....muscles are closing up tight....to much discomfort to be able to cry......which is truly scary......Im trying to just handle teeth and mouth issues.....and all of this is just so much to handle......I noticed these symptoms a little on and off but not this intense.......it seems to keep getting worse...I don't understand ......why....

Comfort wishes to everyone.....TM

Let's pile on the symptoms :D. Who has sinus crap?  I do...I do ;D. Just trying to humor my way through this. I really hate this sinus/head pressure symptom.  I can feel a heart beat type sensation in my nose and roof of my mouth. Plus some on and off congestion.  It's amazing how unsteady this symptom makes me feel.  I forget how bad it is until it returns. 

Carry on.... :smitten:

Drew,....go right ahead and talk about your sx. I think it is important to be able to dump our sx here...we need to feel that we are heard. You are one of the most positive buddies on the forum....it's ok to put our worries out there.

....The head pressure stuff is scary and feeling your heart beat behind your nose is a constant reminder...like a drum beat of your worries.. I used to get the sound of the rush of the blood flow in my ear....drove me mad

....I know that you know it will pass, but until it does it is hell and I am really sorry it is such a hard day for you today.  ...coop

Thanks Nova and Coop, thanks Jenny for being angry along with me!  GRRRRRRRR!

Drew, totally feel ya with the drive thing.  Two months ago I did something similar.  Had to bring my father up and back to Boston for an cortisone injection.  The 70 minute ride back I was feeling just like you did.  A speeding highway is not good when you feel wasted on a wave.  It was intense.  Just like everything else though, we got through it without incident.  (because we're friggin' awesome)

I have been down in the dumps all day but last hour all of a sudden I feel like I have brain, have patience, have some focus, and of course humor has returned to my vocabulary.  That's what pisses me off, how unpredictable life has been for such a long time.  It's also really strange how we are all so used to feeling "off". 

As much as I still say YES to everything, I had to say NO to a wedding next weekend.  Told my wife to take her friend instead.  The last two weeks have been so bad, a huge social gathering all the way out in Boston just didn't seem for me.  I know I could go and "tough it out", but I have nothing to prove to myself anymore.  Would rather just stay home and avoid it until these bad days let up a bit.  With all the "action" that's been coming my way.....in the way of side effects.....I really think I'm close to healing.  I really believe people when they say it gets bad before it gets great.  Besides, I would be super disappointed if this horrible non-linear process ended any other way, ya know?  :laugh:

Hi mike,

I'm like you I do many things but when I get symptomatic like I am now I pull back on what I do. No need to tough it out.  We already do enough of that.  Glad you got your humor back.

Drew

Have you ever had a CT of your sinus cavity?

I have many symptoms of sinus issues but my CT scan was clean .....ugh..

TM

Yup...all clear. Happily like all my other tests.  I'm just healthy as can be but feel like I have every disease  :D

My symptoms are still here but after taking care of myself all afternoon in back to a manageable baseline.  Manageable being someone lightly crushing my skull w their hands.  ;D

So sorry Drew.....isn't this twisted .....we feel just terrible....all test show nothing.....but to relax is so hard when muscles are twisting,burning, ugh......take care and sleep well

TM

Drew ... a manageable baseline ... a good place to be after a storm ...

Just gone 2 AM here ... slept for five solid hours ... up and about for a while ... it is possible this last wave stuff may be lessening ... who knows, will just wait and see ...

Coop ... how are you doing? ... I am up and about in the wee hours again after sleeping soundly for a few hours ...

Hi Nova, me too...awake at 3.. still can't breathe and talk at the same time...nauseous and anxious...depressed...3am and it's already not a good day...maybe it will improve as the day goes along.. I have now lost 10 # this month...this is acute all over. If I could get the breathing thing to be ok I could deal with the others...trying to get a few more hours of sleep

...Sorry to see you up so early as well...how are you doing this morning?

Hi everyone,  so sorry to hear of all your suffering.  This is so tough to go through and cruel,  however sometimes the nicest people suffer the most,  maybe there is reasoning for this and we wont find out what it is until its over and then it will be like a bright rainbow appearing on our horizons.  I too understand how this is hard to see right now as i too am in the thick of it; breathing issues,  painful muscles,  soft tissue,  only its not soft its like broken glass beneath the skin,  especially neck head and shoulders.  Thick fuzzy head like brain has turned to cement. Doom and gloom and to top it all fatigue.  I have a week off work and feel bad and also feel angry that i feel so bad.  Yesterday i felt the same and really low but managed to push myself to take a walk and then do some gardening all while feeling panic.  I managed to lift my spirits and felt ok in the evening.  Bad night and back to everything again ugh!  Cant muster up much energy to do anything and of course the benzo voice is critisizing me. Acceptance is so key to this,  however that is not easy sometimes.  Hope we all feel better soon, like NOW please  :smitten:

Hi Coop ... yep ... the early birds strike again ... went for a walk ... and gradually felt worse ... came home to sit on me arse and just let it be ...

Got the super head and sinus pressure, and the tight neck ... feels like it might just pop off at some point ... exhausted arms and legs ...

Sing along with me ... another day in the salt mines ...  :tickedoff:

Hi Marj ... sorry you are in the soup too ... don't have any choice but to accept where we are and do the best we can ... not like I can get a refund or something ... we are getting better ... it is just taking it's own sweet time ... maybe my healing process needs a little Geritol ...

Hang on ... this will pass just like all the rest of the waves ...  :smitten:

Nova...did your day improve as it went along yesterday?...I hope things pass over for you as you wait it out...thinking 9f you.  coop

Marj...how long are your waves lasting?.  Are you getting some windows?.  ..You are at 13 months off?..

....I am so sorry that you are spending your week off from work in a wave. Yes, this is a cruel process. There are so many of us now with breathing issues.  That one has me on my knees right now...You are getting hit with several sx.  Yes, it is the hardest thing we will ever do. .. You have come a long way.  Kudos to you for getting into your garden and going for a walk.  I hope you get some relief during your time away from work.  I really don't know how people go to work in w/d. 

.....Wishing you some sunbreaks.  coop

Let's pile on the symptoms :D. Who has sinus crap?  I do...I do ;D. Just trying to humor my way through this. I really hate this sinus/head pressure symptom.  I can feel a heart beat type sensation in my nose and roof of my mouth. Plus some on and off congestion.  It's amazing how unsteady this symptom makes me feel.  I forget how bad it is until it returns. 

Carry on.... :smitten:

I'm less than two weeks away from being a year off the garbage, but I have weird sinus congestion issues also, along with terrible muscle tension and bouts of crushing chest anxiety.  The breathing is okay, though not great.  I definitely think this is one of the worst months I've had in a while.  I'm functional and working and everything, but there are days where I feel useless and just want to rot away on the couch, like today.

Hi Coop ... just another day here ... with some boatiness thrown in today ... yesterday, well, I can't remember ... things did slow down in the evening I think ...

Not much good news other than we are another day closer ...  :thumbsup:

BJ ... hi ... yep, this stuff gets you down sometimes ... and it always passes ... good to hear you are almost a year out ... keep going ... this stuff will clear up sometime ...

Morning all,

I'm still riding this crazy wave...the same old stuff..still can't breathe..tight muscles..nerve pain.

I feel so spaced out..like I'm on another planet..of course the benzo beast was trying to convince me that I'm not getting enough oxygen..the muscles in my chest and abdomen won't relax enough for me to breathe properly. This isn't anything new to me I've had this coming and going for several months..but it's an awful symptom just like all the others.

I saw on the news that Ohio is ranked number 1  right now for allergies...never suffered from this stuff ever before this year...don't know how much of it is withdrawal related or the real thing....it could be contributing to my head pressure but I can't be sure because I have had it all along.

Keeping you all in my thoughts.  Keep on keeping on. :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Os...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Br...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [ca...]
    • [ro...]
    • [me...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]