Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Coop ... dinner made, ready for the oven in a while ... still being "strangled" ... on and off ...

Sorry, don't know anything about shingles ...

Beautiful day here ... warm and windy ... maybe we will get some thunder and lightening tonight ... who knows ...

Hope you catch that ring this afternoon ...  :thumbsup:

Does anybody know anything about shingles? ...When I was at the doctor's last week the ARNP.noticed a blistery rash on my side..on the back where I couldn't see it. It wasn't bothering me other than it was itchy a few days prior...but it wasn't painful like all the commercials . I didn't even know it was there, but she was adamant that that was what they are...

....just wondering....not worried about those as they are not bothering me....thanks buddies.....coop

I've never had shingles, but from what I hear, it's suppose to be extremely painful. You would for sure know if you had it. It's caused by the chicken pox virus. I knew a woman at work that got it, but she was really unhealthy. She was doing meth all the time and it compromised her immune system. I have no idea if you can have a shingles eruption and it not be painful.

Edit:

Could it be eczema? That's a lot more common thing to have. Of course no way for me to know for sure.

Does anybody know anything about shingles? ...When I was at the doctor's last week the ARNP.noticed a blistery rash on my side..on the back where I couldn't see it. It wasn't bothering me other than it was itchy a few days prior...but it wasn't painful like all the commercials . I didn't even know it was there, but she was adamant that that was what they are...

....just wondering....not worried about those as they are not bothering me....thanks buddies.....coop

Coop..my dad had shingles...he was in a lot of nerve pain and had to take pain pills for months. The pain runs along a nerve line and it can be quite painful for some people.

A lot of people on here have had breakouts and skin rashes..I had an itchy rash on my leg for a few weeks...I used some coconut oil on it and it cleared up.

I would keep an eye on it and if you start getting nerve pain get checked.

They have a shingles vaccine out...don't know how safe it is.

Be well. :smitten:

Coop ... not doing so good today ... walked around outside for about an hour ... this throat and sinus congestion stuff ... and shoulder and neck contraction ... this is a lousy day for me ...

Beulah ... glad you had such a good day yesterday ... these things do change on a dime ... seems I have lost my dime for a while ...

Hi Jenny ... hope you are feeling okay today ...

So ... I am just going slow ... trying to stay out of the rabbit hole ...

Going to do a chicken pasta bake tonight with a salad ... not very adventurous, not feeling creative today ...

:smitten:

Hi Nova,

Sorry you are having a lousy day :(  Ive been having the same breathing issues, and my sinuses are completely plugged up which just aggravates the head pressure. I have the throat stuff too, where I cant swallow. Last night right before I was ready to doze off I was jolted awake by a choking sensation and I couldn't swallow--it scared the you know what outta me. I hope your day gets better Nova! Does everyone feel better in the morning or night?? I wake up feeling okay and it just progresses throughout the day and usually by 2-3pm Im on the couch sick..

Nova, you and I are living parellel lives....I woke up...sx very mild and anxiety just a rumble in the distance like the thunder outside....made some nice decaf...very little coffee..a mountain of foam....settled back into bed all cozy with the dog...watching something on the Classics ...all ready to have a  nice little snooze....that lasted until I closed my eyes...BOOM...panic...followed by shaking anxiety and terrorizing health fear. I hunkered down for a miserable day...did some breathing ( didn't do much for that level of fear)...pushed myself out of bed....the poor dog was desperate by then. I was sure I would have a heart attack while out on the walking track...and didn't care...it was one of those moments of, " fine.. just let me die then"....I didn't die...by the time we got around the track I noticed that I wasn't as crazed...Now ...an hour later, anxiwty is moderate at most and mostly mental.....Who knows what the next hour will bring  ...So join me on the merry go round...maybe we will both catch the gold ring and catch a window....coop

Sorry about that coop. Walking helps me burn off some of that crap anxiety stuff too. Will be heading to a local park soon to go for a few mile walk. Then we'll fire up the grill for hamburgers. Suppose to start raining here around 5. I feel decent today, so I hope it keeps up.

Coop ... not doing so good today ... walked around outside for about an hour ... this throat and sinus congestion stuff ... and shoulder and neck contraction ... this is a lousy day for me ...

Beulah ... glad you had such a good day yesterday ... these things do change on a dime ... seems I have lost my dime for a while ...

Hi Jenny ... hope you are feeling okay today ...

So ... I am just going slow ... trying to stay out of the rabbit hole ...

Going to do a chicken pasta bake tonight with a salad ... not very adventurous, not feeling creative today ...

:smitten:

Hi Nova,

Sorry you are having a lousy day :(  Ive been having the same breathing issues, and my sinuses are completely plugged up which just aggravates the head pressure. I have the throat stuff too, where I cant swallow. Last night right before I was ready to doze off I was jolted awake by a choking sensation and I couldn't swallow--it scared the you know what outta me. I hope your day gets better Nova! Does everyone feel better in the morning or night?? I wake up feeling okay and it just progresses throughout the day and usually by 2-3pm Im on the couch sick..

For the longest time I would feel better in the morning and get worse thought the day. Lately I've felt terrible in the morning though. Somehow impel ok today. Not a window, but better than the last two weeks. Milder depression, and crazy pounding head pressure is a lot less. I hope it at least stays at this level, if no improves.

Nova, you sound good!...and you have a clean kitchen floor and barthroom....and dinner ready to go...very nice.. except for the strangling thing...hope that goes away so you can eat your delicious dinner....carry on Nova....coop

Coop--it's possible to have shingles without it being as terrible as that tv commercial.  The placement on your body sounds right for it.  Have you had a shingles shot?  My mother recently had it even though she had it 35 years ago and has also had the shot recently.    I think it's good to get it treated.  I'm surprised if the doc thought it might be shingles they didn't want to give you meds.  My mom didn't feel it was that itchy or annoying but kind of felt sick over all.  If  you've got that going on, it could be exacerbating your other symptoms.

Jenny, I used to get that paralyzed swallowing sensation...it's terrible...if you yawn or take a drink of water it will automatically release....Our poor cns systems...it's a wonder that we hold together body and soul at all.. The breathing thing continues to cause me anxiety, but not as bad...I am still breathing....how many sx are in the playbook anyway..

....How are you doing today?.. I hope it's a good day....coop

I always feel bad posting. Because whenever I do it's all about me. You all have such a lovely give and take. And I always think, "How do they do that?" Then I try to calm myself, remind myself that I take care, respond to others all day as a mom and a teacher and I am exhausted. But I need you, your stories, validation, words.

I can't describe how I feel. The regular words don't fit- depression, anxiety, dr. There are shades of those things but I just don't feel well in a way I can explain. I feel fatigue, anger, doubt, tension, fear, like my brain is mushy, like I can't do this. My husband says it's a wave. I don't know. I just want it to stop. I want someone to hold me, rub my back, feed me until this ends. I can't face the world like this. I'm so tired of trying.

Peace2

Siggy, Beulah and FJ....thanks for the advice 9n the shingles. I always thought it was a misery from hell too...but I honestly didn't know it was there. But I did have a mild temp and all the stupid coughing/breathing stuff. She did want me to take an a ti-viral, but it was past the 72 hour best window for treatment . I declined because I have had ecylivor before and it gave me the worst migraine ever ...I didn't think it would help that much and they don't hurt. I will probably take the vaccine when I get some more ground on healing from benzos..

....thanks friends..  Wishing every one sunbreaks.  coop

Ohhh...Peace...you have come to the right place...I think Beulah's Tropical Healing Abbey is open and we are all here to hear you....It is a gift every time you post...just to see you come on is wonderful....I wish you felt better....All the things you said you want....are exactly the things you need....a lot of tlc....If I lived in your city I would make uou dinner and bring it to you in bed ...after you had a nice hot soak in a lavender Epsome salts bath....and some soothing violin music ...or whatever music helps...No little voices outside the bedroom door...we will gey you a nanny for the day...and the night..

...You are so right...you are giving ...to something or somebody every day...all day...teaching is such a joy but it uses up every bit of your heart and soul and mind...I am glad school will be out in a few more weeks. While I have been at home all year...many days in bed, you have been going to work every day managing a classroom of third graders.  My mind would be mushy too.

....It sounds like battle fatigue to me...we have been doing this for so long....we are all just dragging ourselves through this last leg. Mentally, emotionally, cognitively we are just depleted and marching on on empty...

..Peace, you have done a marvelous job with this.. I think you are on your last leg and will see some improvement again when school is over...

.So happy to see you here.  Sending you love and support MightyGirl..  ....coop

Drew.. I just read of a technique on somebody's thread  I can't remember whose...but he described an EBT ( ?) exercise that helps anxiety and I am wondering if you are familiar with it through CBT...it sounds silky, but you focus on an object and move your index finger left to right about 30 times following it with your eyes without moving your head...I tried it...it sounds nutty but it did give me the sensation of heavy eyes and the feeling you get before you go to sleep...It could have just been coincidental, but it did break the anxiety.  or...the anxiety was going to let up anyway....Do you know anything about this maneuver?.  ..just thought I would ask.. .coop

*EMDR*....Mythbusterwin posted about in on the Post W/D board....under the thread relentless anxiety posted by rennie...almost at the bottom of the subject list...kind of interesting....coop

Hi Peace ... you have done so much since the Fall ... and it been a long haul for you ... and you have done it so well ... you will have a long break soon ... each of us, in our own way are very tired and often exhausted ... you are a special person to maintain those third graders while doing your healing ...

Rest when you can ...  :smitten:

Jenny ... yep ... it was a pretty much lousy day ... and we are getting there ... and sometimes it is discouraging and confusing ... hang on ... things will get better soon for all of us ...  :smitten:

Peace,

You are amazing! Just the thought of getting up everyday and teaching all those kids sounds so overwhelming to me, along with your own two kids. Your husband is probably right, you are just in a wave-- its a different kind now because you are healing so the intensity probably isn't as bad, yet still bothersome. School is almost over, and then you can have a few couch days! Big hugs, jenny  :smitten:

I always feel bad posting. Because whenever I do it's all about me. You all have such a lovely give and take. And I always think, "How do they do that?" Then I try to calm myself, remind myself that I take care, respond to others all day as a mom and a teacher and I am exhausted. But I need you, your stories, validation, words.

I can't describe how I feel. The regular words don't fit- depression, anxiety, dr. There are shades of those things but I just don't feel well in a way I can explain. I feel fatigue, anger, doubt, tension, fear, like my brain is mushy, like I can't do this. My husband says it's a wave. I don't know. I just want it to stop. I want someone to hold me, rub my back, feed me until this ends. I can't face the world like this. I'm so tired of trying.

Peace2

Peace, that's what this thread is all about...ourselves.  We post here be causing we're suffering and need support. A few months ago I could only post how sick I was..was not in any way able to give support to others..because I was to ill myself We give and take as we are able..nothing wrong with taking..we understand..you also are a mom..that requires a lot of giving.

Yes, how brave we are taking care of ourselves everyday when we are ill..we need to be taken care of by others..if they only knew how we felt.

Get some rest and be kind to yourself..it goes a long way. :smitten:

Hi all...just catching up after a night away with the gal.  I drove two hours to a beach house, met friends, ate out, socialized, and slept over in a strange bed. I also did two beach walks.  Had brief periods of feeling crappy maybe 45 min three times.  On the ride home I became symptomatic but no panic. 

I did push too hard a bit later if all the above wasn't enough stimulation for me :crazy:  I felt the need to go out food shopping and it was very busy and my brain went on overload in store.  Dizzy, lightheaded, buzzing, etc...all the fun stuff.  Didn't get much adrenaline and I was soon done. 

I should have known not to push it as I felt a bit fried but I can be a hard headed idiot sometimes. 

Relaxing now. 

Hi all...just catching up after a night away with the gal.  I drove two hours to a beach house, met friends, ate out, socialized, and slept over in a strange bed. I also did two beach walks.  Had brief periods of feeling crappy maybe 45 min three times.  On the ride home I became symptomatic but no panic. 

I did push too hard a bit later if all the above wasn't enough stimulation for me :crazy:  I felt the need to go out food shopping and it was very busy and my brain went on overload in store.  Dizzy, lightheaded, buzzing, etc...all the fun stuff.  Didn't get much adrenaline and I was soon done. 

I should have known not to push it as I felt a bit fried but I can be a hard headed idiot sometimes. 

Relaxing now.

That's great Drew! Glad you got to get out and about and had some fun.

Ohhh...Green, so sorry you put your bike away. ..breaks my heart.  But you walked 4 miles?!..wow...how do feel now?...physically?....Well, looks like you and me and Nova are rowing in the moon light tonight...I just want my life to be normal again...

Coop, we must adapt to our temporary circumstances! Yes, the bike is away for now.  And the walk, well, I take a long rest at every mile.  Remember MikeJee, we take a little rest and get back up again

Green ... when is your trip, I am too lazy to look back on the thread? ...

Sorry you had to put your bike away ... and good to hear you are out there moving around when you can ...  :thumbsup:

Nova,

First week of July, a week in Atlanta.  I'm going by myself, so if I feel bad I can stay in the room without ruining anyone else's trip.  I'm going no matter how I feel.  There's something liberating and empowering in saying I'm doing something no matter what

I've put the bike away before.  I've been alternating riding the bike and walking. 

I thought of you today, the panic that made you turn back from your walk.  I had very wild acute-like fear and paranoia while I was walking today.

Yes, the energy buckets are very low  :(

Morning all,

Happy Memorial Day. I'm resting up from a very long day yesterday. My daughter and granddaughter exhausted me...but it was all good. It all started yesterday afternoon with lunch in a park..it was so nice. Then we walked down the street to a nearby village coffee shop...I love the smell of coffee shops...I had a berry smoothie. Next door to the coffee shop is a 24 room book loft...we spent about three hrs. in there reading and shopping. Then it was off to my daughter's for fire pit fun of hot dogs and  s'mores...I had a hot hot dog but no s'more only a marshmallow..but it was good.

I got home around 11pm and fell into bed...slept all night....I feel tired and a little sore but my symptoms are low so it's not so bad. Today is a rest day of reading and a soak in the tub.

Yesterday was the most fun and the most exercise I've had in 22 months off...feeling it.

Last week I was so symptomatic that I couldn't even imagine a day like yesterday..this stuff can and does change on a dime.

Look down the road...healing is ahead!!!!    :smitten:

Beulah,

what a perfectly beautiful day with your daughter and GD.  So happy for you  22 months.  I'm hoping the next success story is yours. 

Green...yep ...temporary...as Beulah said...this is our healing life... not our healed life....the bike will be back out ....I think k you are going to make your bike trip in Sept...this is only our healing life.....coop

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Be...]
    • [He...]
    • [On...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [pi...]
    • [te...]
    • [Zi...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Le...]
    • [fa...]