Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Sky.  ...We can not see that post too often.  Such a hopeful post.. ...thank you for reposting it.  Great to wake up to.

...How is your day unfolding?...Wishing you  a beautiful sunny Italian day ......coop

Coop, I agree.

Here, it's quite vibrant !  ;)

Unfortunately, because of my period, I am vibrating a lot and don't feel too well. Can't wait for my period to begin, so I can get it over with.

It's quite rainy today. I went to the mall and I got tired within minutes, my brain could not handle it.

And now, I am having a hard time writing, it's as if I had never used a keyboard in my life !!!

During my nap in the afternoon, I had some really bad intrusives.

So that's my complaint list, but otherwise everything is ok.  ;) I mean, it's Saturday and I am distracting doing things I love, like spending some time here.  :smitten:

Hey Coop ... here's a news flash for you ... you are not your feelings ... I hear you feel like a heel, you feel like a health catastrophe waiting to happen, you feel limited, you feel a prisoner to this process ...

Okay ... that's fine ... we all feel stuff like this ... and we certainly cannot control our feelings ... they are just there ... whatever they are ...

And feelings do not determine our reality ... our feelings are not in control ... they come up and they do their little dance and then they move on ...

And ... even though we may not "feel like it" very often ... we are strong ... we are resilient ... we are determined ... and for now we are sick .... and we are healing ... we are the survivors ... we are not getting left behind ...

So ... when you can, if you can, make an old coot smile ... keep telling us how you feel ... and then tell us a little something about Coop today ... maybe something a little kick ass, or funny, or stubborn, or determined ... something that tells me/us that this strong, passionate, loving woman is feeling her oats ... and is shining her light ... because aware of it or not - you shine your light for all of us here every day ... and ... kick ass might be a stretch ... and it would sure bring some smiles all around ...

As a dear Buddy keeps telling me ... Carry On ...  :smitten:

Boom!  :thumbsup:

Nova, Jedi Master of Words :smitten:

Mrs. :smitten:

Hi Mrs !

And let's repost Nova's beautiful post, he has a way with words, doesn't he ? :)

Well my decent day was short lived as today I'm back in benzoland... I woke up to a headache and massive pressure in my head, feels like its connected to my sinuses. Everytime I breathe in through my nose it feels like my head pressure expands. I think it might be a histamine intolerance or something like that, I read about it on here before but don't really understand it.. I feel weird.. Another Buddie on here described it so well he said " I'm fully functional, but just don't feel right" that's exactly how I feel. I never feel "right" , I think it has to do with dp/Dr too. Who knows maybe it was all the chemicals I breathed in at the hair salon yesterday, my sensitivities have gotten way worse this second year. I'm rambling, sorry. Well off to the home improvement store with my hubbie, not my favorite store..

Well my decent day was short lived as today I'm back in benzoland... I woke up to a headache and massive pressure in my head, feels like its connected to my sinuses. Everytime I breathe in through my nose it feels like my head pressure expands. I think it might be a histamine intolerance or something like that, I read about it on here before but don't really understand it.. I feel weird.. Another Buddie on here described it so well he said " I'm fully functional, but just don't feel right" that's exactly how I feel. I never feel "right" , I think it has to do with dp/Dr too. Who knows maybe it was all the chemicals I breathed in at the hair salon yesterday, my sensitivities have gotten way worse this second year. I'm rambling, sorry. Well off to the home improvement store with my hubbie, not my favorite store..

Hi jenny, sorry your window was short lived. I woke up to a headache too. I did get about 10 hours of sleep though. I usually think I should restrict my sleep some, but the few times I did it it didn't seem to matter, so I just get as much as I ca when I can. I now waking up with bad depression too. I can function too (usually) but you're right, I just don't feel "right".

Hi all ,new to this thread but and just wanna give heads up even  tho some may know this already.

I am 14 months plus since jump and last night started getting tachycardia episodes again ,since last one mid Dec 2014.  Also cog fog is back and heart palps continues

Well I guess we all know the story ,just when you think you are on the last of this nightmare the wdsxs rev up anew.

Compared to last summer this is still cake.i thank God I am able to function pretty well for the most part,for a soon to be 69 year old.  This ain't what retirement should feel like !

Giving thanks for all the progress tho,but it's still a bumma on the brain.

Sorry ,just wanted to vent here,as not to bore or upset my wife and fam as they don't know as well as BB do ,the life we are living .

May your journeys be bearable and swift thru this all.

God bless,

aj

<><

Welcome Renacido.  You sound just like the rest of us...in the midst of circular healing..the bad days are bad, but the good days seem better...This is a great place to come and vent and express concerns. There is huge support here as well as sharing of experiences and information...our friends and families do carry our burden with us so having a other avenue of support lessens some of the collateral damage. ...Some of us have been supporting each other for a year or a little more. We have been through it all together.  I am at month 18.5 and at 65 years old, this has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I have been riding a wave for about 2 months..the worst since month 4.  Like you, I thought I would be done with acute like waves by now...this one took me for a whirl...

.....It is great to have you here and I hope the group thread will help you over the wavy days...

......Wishing you some sunbreaks .  cooperten

Jenny.. that is it exactly.  I am functional but inside I am still terrified ( this health fear wave marches on )  My daughter tells me she thinks I look better .. Yep, faking it until I make it and feeling like I am 10 seconds away from medical catrastrophe.  .

....I was really hoping for you that your window was going to stay open.  The head pressure stuff is so tough to distract from...So sorry Jenny.  You have been through it...You have heard all the encouraging words a thousand times over...just know that I am thinking of you and swimming in the same wave today.. I keep reading  Drew's post by SS...hoping it is all of us very soon . ....I am hoping for you to get another...and many wide open windows ...coop

Hi all ,new to this thread but and just wanna give heads up even  tho some may know this already.

I am 14 months plus since jump and last night started getting tachycardia episodes again ,since last one mid Dec 2014.  Also cog fog is back and heart palps continues

Well I guess we all know the story ,just when you think you are on the last of this nightmare the wdsxs rev up anew.

Compared to last summer this is still cake.i thank God I am able to function pretty well for the most part,for a soon to be 69 year old.  This ain't what retirement should feel like !

Giving thanks for all the progress tho,but it's still a bumma on the brain.

Sorry ,just wanted to vent here,as not to bore or upset my wife and fam as they don't know as well as BB do ,the life we are living .

May your journeys be bearable and swift thru this all.

God bless,

aj

<><

Welcome...all rants are welcome..along with good..bad and ugly.

Great group of people here.

Be well. :smitten:

Jenny and coop...I started feeling strange right around month 20...it felt like more reality was setting in  and my brain wasn't accepting of it..might be more 're-entering.

Now that I'm in month 22 I still have it and more often...but more accepting of it because it feels a little more real.

I think  we're healing in different ways now and it feels like we stepped out of one world and into the next mighty quick. I'm already feeling changes of getting ready to enter month 23..very subtle healing..in a different way..hard to explain..might be lowering of the anxiety.

The healing is so slow..I know..but we're getting there...it's so easy to lose hope and get discouraged at the slow progress we're all making...but I really think the worst is over for us...sure we'll go back and fourth..but compared to months 1- 18..whew >:(.

I hope you all have a restful evening. :smitten:

Thanks for the encouragement Beulah! I sure hope your right.. How is your nerve pain? Mine is still always there, but much less of intensity, its more bearable now. Jenny

Jenny.. that is it exactly.  I am functional but inside I am still terrified ( this health fear wave marches on )  My daughter tells me she thinks I look better .. Yep, faking it until I make it and feeling like I am 10 seconds away from medical catrastrophe.  .

....I was really hoping for you that your window was going to stay open.  The head pressure stuff is so tough to distract from...So sorry Jenny.  You have been through it...You have heard all the encouraging words a thousand times over...just know that I am thinking of you and swimming in the same wave today.. I keep reading  Drew's post by SS...hoping it is all of us very soon . ....I am hoping for you to get another...and many wide open windows ...coop

Coop, isn't it funny how people think we look so normal, yet we are dying inside. How are you doing today?

Hey Coop ... here's a news flash for you ... you are not your feelings ... I hear you feel like a heel, you feel like a health catastrophe waiting to happen, you feel limited, you feel a prisoner to this process ...

Okay ... that's fine ... we all feel stuff like this ... and we certainly cannot control our feelings ... they are just there ... whatever they are ...

And feelings do not determine our reality ... our feelings are not in control ... they come up and they do their little dance and then they move on ...

And ... even though we may not "feel like it" very often ... we are strong ... we are resilient ... we are determined ... and for now we are sick .... and we are healing ... we are the survivors ... we are not getting left behind ...

So ... when you can, if you can, make an old coot smile ... keep telling us how you feel ... and then tell us a little something about Coop today ... maybe something a little kick ass, or funny, or stubborn, or determined ... something that tells me/us that this strong, passionate, loving woman is feeling her oats ... and is shining her light ... because aware of it or not - you shine your light for all of us here every day ... and ... kick ass might be a stretch ... and it would sure bring some smiles all around ...

As a dear Buddy keeps telling me ... Carry On ...  :smitten:

Boom!  :thumbsup:

Nova, Jedi Master of Words :smitten:

Hi Mrs !

And let's repost Nova's beautiful post, he has a way with words, doesn't he ? :)

Happy 18 months of freedom, Sky!  :yippee::clap:

Thanks for the encouragement Beulah! I sure hope your right.. How is your nerve pain? Mine is still always there, but much less of intensity, its more bearable now. Jenny

Hey Jenny, my nerve pain is still with me...but less intense also..still stiff and numb.

I hear you you Jenny..I thought the nerve pain was going to take me out...it's still my worst symptom..it's strange how so many never feel nerve pain..but then others think it's strange that some never have the deep depression..the physical symptoms were always worse for me....everyone is different though.

Hope you turn a corner soon to more healing. :smitten:

Good Morning ... well ... that was a "long" night ... I shut down early and woke almost every hour ... slept in between ... feel like I have been wrestling all night ...

And ... I am no longer a "teenager" ... completed month 19, starting month 20 ... let's see, the literature says that the brains of young people do not fully form until they are in their mid 20s ... so I must be getting close ...  :laugh:

Gonna walk down to the grocery store with my buggy ... should be back soon or by Monday, whichever comes first ...  >:D

Hope we all have a quiet weekend ...  :smitten:

Nova, that's it exactly. waking every hour on the hour and literally wrestling with a pillow the whole night long.

Congrats on getting out of your teens.  Big shot ;D

Good Morning ... well ... that was a "long" night ... I shut down early and woke almost every hour ... slept in between ... feel like I have been wrestling all night ...

And ... I am no longer a "teenager" ... completed month 19, starting month 20 ... let's see, the literature says that the brains of young people do not fully form until they are in their mid 20s ... so I must be getting close ...  :laugh:

Gonna walk down to the grocery store with my buggy ... should be back soon or by Monday, whichever comes first ...  >:D

Happy month 20 !  :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday:

You are leading our little team out of darkness. I believe it was you who came up with this image, way back when we were young and worry free  ;) in the 6-12 month thread !  ;D

What you said about young people's brains, might explain a thing or two for me too, Michael.  ;)

Wishing you a lot of healing.  :smitten:

Sky, young and worry free?,

Hi jenny, sorry your window was short lived. I woke up to a headache too. I did get about 10 hours of sleep though. I usually think I should restrict my sleep some, but the few times I did it it didn't seem to matter, so I just get as much as I ca when I can. I now waking up with bad depression too. I can function too (usually) but you're right, I just don't feel "right".

Sig, that's exactly what I've heard, sleep as much as you can whenever you can.  your body needs it.  that morning depression is normal, it rolls in and out.  hope it passes quickly for you

Sig, that's exactly what I've heard, sleep as much as you can whenever you can.  your body needs it.  that morning depression is normal, it rolls in and out.  hope it passes quickly for you

I had that trance like sleep last night where I can't tell how asleep or awake I was. I know I slept at least some because I remember just briefly dreaming. My head is killing me though and the nerve pain is flaring up. We went walking for four miles by the Chattahoochee River. I didn't have much depression from this until all these terrible symptoms came back. I don't know if I feel worse because I took magnesium for a few days and then quit? I think it was helping me get to sleep when I desperately needed it. Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Hi Siggy.. sorry to hear that you are having nerve pain.. Wonderful that you can hike 4 miles...I hope the nerve pain eases for you. I have heard different things about magnesium. ..some people say it helps....others say it revs thier sx.  ....Sig...hope your day is good in spite of your light sleep ...coop

Sig-I was one of the ones mag revved.  Once I stopped I had a terrible rebound effect on my nerve and muscle pain.  That can definitely be it!!!

Happy month 20 !  :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday:

You are leading our little team out of darkness. I believe it was you who came up with this image, way back when we were young and worry free  ;) in the 6-12 month thread !  ;D

What you said about young people's brains, might explain a thing or two for me too, Michael.  ;)

Sue, I was being sarcastic.  :)

Sig-I was one of the ones mag revved.  Once I stopped I had a terrible rebound effect on my nerve and muscle pain.  That can definitely be it!!!

Yeah, once I stopped magnesium all hell broke loose. I would be very cautious with it.

Good morning buddies...

...here is my thought for the day...a paraphrase of a Georgia O'Keefe ,.  " I have been terrified every minute of my life, I have never let it stop from doing anything". 

....That's my new mantra... I am not going to stop living because I am afraid of dying... even if I on a long shot had any of the things that torture my mind, I would still want to go out on my feet doing something.

....Right now just getting up each morning at 7 and getting the dog out...having a bath, puttering around and getting my 0lace put together .. doing anything to stay busy and not get back on the bed .. at least until afternoon is my best because , like Georgia I am terrified every moment. ...It is not the life I want.. or the life I had, but as Beulah said , "it is our healing life"

....I am beginning to have  brief moments of believing my ' life threatening conditions' are only w/d.. .so this is what I know when I think about reinstating....first, it won't help me, second if it did help me...it would only treat my fear....not any of the catrastophes that I fear.. so why bother...It is so hard and my mind just does not turn off for more than a few moments at a time...I can't concentrate on much of anything  but I am standing my ground. 

.....I am wishing all of my courageous friends here big sunbreaks....coop

I had that trance like sleep last night where I can't tell how asleep or awake I was. I know I slept at least some because I remember just briefly dreaming. My head is killing me though and the nerve pain is flaring up. We went walking for four miles by the Chattahoochee River. I didn't have much depression from this until all these terrible symptoms came back. I don't know if I feel worse because I took magnesium for a few days and then quit? I think it was helping me get to sleep when I desperately needed it. Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Hi.  I've heard it called trance sleep, hover sleep.  whatever the name, not a good rest!  you'll get there, it will get better.

Sue, I was being sarcastic.  :)

I know!  Couldn't resist highlighting young and worry free in bold.  Hope you're having a better day.  I'm in fatigue mode and very grateful!  considering the alternative! :crazy:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [pi...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [ha...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Es...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Lo...]