Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Nova.  I don't blame you..  I had to quit my amoxicillin last year after a few doses. Whatever it was for cleared up anyway. The cranberry juice might help you get it cleared up.  and a ton of water. ...hope your gut feels better in a day or so. 

....Rest up friend.  Is it nice enough to sit out on your patio? .

..thinking of you Nova... coop

Sig.  I  used lemon balm last year for some extreme anxiety. I think it helped, but start easy, some of the calming herbs work on the same receptors as benzos do.

....It is a miserable sx. Some people have good luck with magnesium.  So sorry Sig.  Eventually you will get back to sleeping every night, but I understand the desperation.  coop

Sig.  I  used lemon balm last year for some extreme anxiety. I think it helped, but start easy, some of the calming herbs work on the same receptors as benzos do.

....It is a miserable sx. Some people have good luck with magnesium.  So sorry Sig.  Eventually you will get back to sleeping every night, but I understand the desperation.  coop

Thanks again. Yes that's my biggest worry is getting something else that will do more harm than good. I do have magnesium. My plan is to try it again this week-end.

Siggy ... I have used good chamomile tea ... usually helpful, not always, and I have had no reaction to it ... and ... others have had a reaction to chamomile so once again try it slowly ... this is a real crapshoot sometimes ...

Coop ... I had the same issue about 14 or 15 months ago ... with amoxicillin ...

I seem to be okay with my chicken broth and a couple of dashes of tamari ... I don't want to just flush with water ... that can unsettle me as well ...

This will turn out okay ... may take a day or two to settle down ... once this settles out I will start the cranberry and some dandelion ... I know I should be okay with those ...

And it is a nice day ... I can sit out on the patio and zone out ... will get some good sun later on this afternoon ...

Another "adventure" in the books ... all's well that ends well ...  :thumbsup:

Siggy ... I have used good chamomile tea ... usually helpful, not always, and I have had no reaction to it ... and ... others have had a reaction to chamomile so once again try it slowly ... this is a real crapshoot sometimes ...

I've tried the chamomile. It didn't even dent the insomnia unfortunately. No negative effects either though. 

Morning all,

I managed to get a few hours of sleep. Body pain all night kept the brain revved up.

At the grocery store the other day the bagger was sneezing and coughing all over my groceries..not good. 

It seems everywhere I go someone is sick and my body just can't fight off all of these sick germs anymore.

My granddaughter is recovering from strep throat...she's always bringing the germs home from school and I visit with my daughter a couple of times a week.

I don't want to live in a bubble...but I might be forced to a while longer...till I can figure out how to build up my immune system..without symptoms.

Just another day in paradise. :smitten:

Marj.. I have just recently joined the SOB ( short of breath) club too. It is exactly as you describe...as though I can't get a breath all the way to the bottom of my lungs, and sometimes as though my lungs are not expanding fully. When I first got it ( about a month or so ago...maybe 5 weeks) it scared me and I kept ' testing' it to make sure I could get a full breath, that made it worse and caused me even more shallow breathing. I am more ablets to ignore it for the most part....I think, like all of our sx, it will come and go and get better...You are rounding the corner on this w/d...just keep going.  coop

Thanks Coop for saying this  :smitten: I quickly read this morning before I went to work hoping for something to lift me and it just gave me that push. The last few days have been so hard, not able to imagine ever getting over this, finding the way out, all the usual stuff you are all familiar with. I felt so agitated when I got home yesterday, didn’t know how I could cook a meal for my 2,  so I just cried…….. It’s just so worrying when you feel like this is me now, on the verge of tears,  exhausted and in pain. Sorry to moan but my head feels so heavy and cement like today it’s hard to remember how I felt so much better on Tuesday.  On a positive my sleep has been a bit better.  It’s healing really going on when you feel like this?  :'(

You are so steadfast Nova.  You inspire alk of us in the 'zen' of it all...I have learned so much from you ...The broth sounds like a very good idea.  I am just trying to live with and in spite of sx.  Last 2 days felt pretty tolerable and I had some actual fun.  .This morning all the anxiety , physical sx and raging health fears are back for morning coffee ( decaf only, but to tell you truth I don't think it matters much anymore if I add a little regular to it or not....so tied of being bullied by w/d). The good news is that for the past week or so ,my morning re-visit to acute lets up later in the day.. hoping for that. ...yesterday I felt some sputtering hope of getting my life back....this morning , thinking I am just going to have to learn to live my life like this . I am practicing ' living while feeling like I am dyi g'.. ..It's so hard to have a bad day on the heels of a good day...huge mind shift...that's shiFt .  lol....but read it however you like.. carry on Nova and I will too.. .love to you dear friend..  coop

Marj ... for me, healing started the day I started my taper ... and it continues no matter what is going on ... my sense of healing often gets drowned out by all the stormy stuff that goes on day to day ...

So, whether I am aware of it or not in the moment - healing is continuing ... and it sure does not feel like sometimes ...  :crazy:

Marj...so sorry ...I know that beat down down feeling so well. Crying is a good thing...Are you raising 2 kids alone and working?....

.....I am right there with you today. I had 2 pretty good days.  and got up this morning back in benzo land. I am happy to hear that your sleep was better....We will take any i.prove mentioned that comes along. ....Marj...more better days are coming our way. We have to allow ourselves to feel what we feel , go gentle with our poor beat up spirits and keep putting one foot in front of the other. 24 months is a little ways out yet and a lot of healing can happen in the next 4-8 months...as Green reminded us from the beginning, " no one gets left behind". 

. ..Marj, I am thinking of you and hoping your day picks up for the better.  coop...

Coop ... I haven't found away to get away from this stuff yet ... so I just have to sit with it for as long as it is around ... some days I sure would like to "get out of my body" for a while ... just haven't found the zipper yet ...  :)

Nova....so we'll said..." healing started the day I began my taper"....thank you for that touch stone today.  coop

Beulah,....man oh man...this stuff just does not give up.  The body pain can halt us in our tracks some days.  And the Sleepless thing is tapping all of us on the head these days. I am trying to hang on to my last 2 days which were better

.  Go easy Beulah.  You are right to protect your health...you just over bronchitis.  The Waltons come on around 2 in the afternoon ...they are good rest buddies.  Love to you .  coop

Just a question for the faux asthma peeps....Do any of you get a faux dry cough with it from time to time?.  I get this little cough . high in my chest and not at all like a cough you get with an upper respiratory infection....just infrequent and more so in the morning and kind of burns out later in the day. 

....thanks friends.  ..coop

Just a question for the faux asthma peeps....Do any of you get a faux dry cough with it from time to time?.  I get this little cough . high in my chest and not at all like a cough you get with an upper respiratory infection....just infrequent and more so in the morning and kind of burns out later in the day. 

....thanks friends.  ..coop

Yes coop, a dry cough higher in the chest area..with me some wheezing. I wake up with it most mornings...usually by late afternoon it's better or gone.

When I had bronchitis it was deep in the chest and a different cough.

When I use steam it slows the coughing but doesn't really help the breathing.

Can we get a break already... :tickedoff:

Nova....so we'll said..." healing started the day I began my taper"....thank you for that touch stone today.  coop

Beulah!...thank you do much...you know all the places my mind was going to...great relief to hear this from you. No it seems that we can not get a break. .

....onward we go.  Feel better today Beulah. . coop

[move]HAPPY 18TH ANNIVERSARY :yippee: :yippee: :highfive: :highfive: :balloon: :balloon: :happybday: TO ME!!![/move]

Coop, so glad you had a nice day, that this wave is finally breaking.

Nova, feel better.

Sig, glad you got some sleep

WOW Sue ! That is so great, this is a very important corner !!! :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

Okay, now tell me this gets better!  bcuz I'm fairly miserable, lol!

I didn't get a break ... I took a break ... had a nap ... go figure ... feel like someone used my head for a tether ball ... guts seem to be settling down ...

Green ... congrats ... have a really good day ...  :smitten:

Thank you, Nova!  So close, but the shore seems a ways off yet, lol.

Hi ... decided to cancel the antibiotics ... it is really ripping my guts up ... only three doses in and this is not good ... had kind of the same issue a year ago last January (different antibiotic for supposedly pneumonia) ... maybe I am now overly sensitive ... maybe something else ... doesn't matter ... not going done that road right now ...

Have a good Friday ...

M, I was reading last night, not in a good space to post.  but I think it's a good thing you're discontinuing.  Of course I would never tell anyone to discontinue, no one should,  but since you decided on your own.....mildly elevated white count?  Drink a whole bottle of unsweetened cranberry juice, as  Beulah said, slowly, over the course of a day.  and lots of water.  I've still got this whole body strongly telling me not to take anything, supps or meds, until at least two years.  So I'm crossing my fingers I don't get so sick I have to.  see what happens. if it doesn't resolve on its own, you can always go back on the meds.

Green .. yep ... if it doesn't fix on its own then I will revisit ... for now I just do not want to be in that place of distress ... for me, really heavy duty stuff ... and I suspect what is going on for me is not a serious anything right now ... got three doses in me and they will last a couple of days ...

This was very over the top for me for about 24 hours ... things have backed off some and my guts seem to be starting to settle ...

Hope you find some quiet today ...  :smitten:

Chiming in on the Sleepless in Benzo Land...I go to sleep ok, but am waking up at 4 or430 every morning with some intrusive thoughts and mild doom. I haven't had this for a long time...will be happy to see it let up. I had been sleeping at least until 7 until this wave hit......

...NOVA... yeah, 10 days ...that's the standard I guess for antibiotics....are you eating some yogurt every day.  That will help some of the gut issues....you probably already knew that. ....really sorry you have to go through this.  . At least you won't feel sick in a few days. ...

.....SIG.  My guess is its w/d....I have had a return of sx that had let up in this wave....A month ago I thought my 4am wakeups were over....and here I am this week with my eyes flying open at 4/430....I watch a movie...in earlier w/d I couldn't concentrate enough to read or watch a movie so I guess this is an improvement. I k ow it will eventually get better....I hope at least your every other night pattern holds up...

.....BEULAH....were you up all night?....I hope you got at least a few hours....We are so done with this. Wishing you another good day today...

.....Wishing all of us a day of good healing...coop

Coop, I'm with ya, sista, on the sleep.  I do drop off, but I'm waking up at all hours, gloom and doom, and also that major fear factor thing when I first shut my eyes?  I have to talk myself out of visualizing all the scary monster type of fears  that surface?  It's weird, primal, buried fear.  I've had this before in waves, worse.  Noteworthy because it's back!  and terrible dread and anxiety as soon as I open my eyes.  Also a blast from the past, not as bad as it was in year one, but still miserable.

all this $hit totals up to making it a lot of work getting through the day!  Like you, I'm getting good breaks, but the non-break hours are intense.  I mean, we've all been doing this a long time, we're old hands, war vets.  when we get knocked down by a wave, it's major.  Hoping we all write success stories very very soon.  this is getting old

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [ry...]
    • [de...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [di...]
    • [...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Es...]
    • [NO...]
    • [ha...]
    • [fl...]