Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

I would like to sleep but my brain won't shut down...gonna be a long night.

Same here. Sorry you're awake as well.

Siggy ... "is this still withdrawal" ... a thought I have had a zillion times ... and so far, they answer has always come up "yes" ...

What often helps for me, when I start down that path I try to "slow down" ... I often find my thoughts tangled up in whatever is going on right now ... and if my reflections are going to be of help to me I have to keep them untangled ... otherwise I sense I am just putting together another bit of benzo fiction ...

Like tonight ... trying to "sort" things out ... and I am mostly not helping myself ... so ... I just try to be as comfortable as possible and do some distracting and let my thoughts just be there ...

Siggy ... "is this still withdrawal" ... a thought I have had a zillion times ... and so far, they answer has always come up "yes" ...

What often helps for me, when I start down that path I try to "slow down" ... I often find my thoughts tangled up in whatever is going on right now ... and if my reflections are going to be of help to me I have to keep them untangled ... otherwise I sense I am just putting together another bit of benzo fiction ...

Like tonight ... trying to "sort" things out ... and I am mostly not helping myself ... so ... I just try to be as comfortable as possible and do some distracting and let my thoughts just be there ...

Very true it's hard to not ruminate on these things. I had two other people mention (in the same thread though) that it may be plain insomnia, but I have a hard time believing it. Most because the head buzzing, but this also the exact pattern I had in acute. One day on, one day off. That and I've had windows where I've slept normally.

I am listening to an audiobook in between posts ... Michael Palin's "The Truth" ... one of my best distractions, getting engaged in a story ... I really like being read to ... I get the story without the effort of reading ... can sort of float with it and if I miss a bit I can go back ...

Siggy ... sometimes I have a tendency to "want" to go with another illness simply to get a break from my recovery ... so far, I have struck out ... has always been my recovery ...

This little urinary stuff not withstanding ... and even it is tangled up in recovery ... have to make sure I am not reacting to just the antibiotic ... which I don't believe I am so all is well on that front ... when things wax and wane I am still doing my recovery ...

Nova, the audio book sounds nice.

You guys try to get some rest..I'm going to lay in bed and watch tv...hopefully drift off.

Sweet dreams. :smitten:

I thought about audio books, but I don't want it loud enough to bother my wife nor rile the cats up. I would be annoyed wearing headphones. I'm trying to exercise more to see if it will help. We went walking earlier tonight before dinner.

Nova, the audio book sounds nice.

You guys try to get some rest..I'm going to lay in bed and watch tv...hopefully drift off.

Sweet dreams. :smitten:

Good luck!

Siggy ... I am looping around in my stuff right now ... I am going to shut down for a while and just sit for a while ... I would rather this cycle did not get any louder ... hope you get a little rest before morning ...

Siggy ... I am looping around in my stuff right now ... I am going to shut down for a while and just sit for a while ... I would rather this cycle did not get any louder ... hope you get a little rest before morning ...

Thanks hope you can bring it down a notch. I keep thinking I need to get off the phone, but then I just lay here not sleeping.

Siggy--it's not that late yet in Oregon.

As far as thoughts on whether this is withdrawal or some kind of regular insomnia, all the way along I've figured that if any one symptom is still left when everything else has cleared up, then and only then would I go in for CAT scans, X-rays, blood tests etc.  And actually, you don't need a test to know you've got insomnia, right?  So what could anybody tell you to try that you're not already trying?  As a former hypochondriac, I've found it comforting to have this malady that just covers so many different symptoms.  You're in withdrawal, and when you're well, so many things will be better.  Anything that's not, you can get it checked out then. 

I think it's great that you slept well LAST NIGHT.  Doesn't that alleviate the panic that can come from making up stories about how you will surely never sleep again? :thumbsup:

Would earBUDS be that annoying?  I've only recently stopped sleeping with them in my ears, pouring in the special sleep music.

[move]HAPPY 18TH ANNIVERSARY :yippee: :yippee: :highfive: :highfive: :balloon: :balloon: :happybday: TO ME!!![/move]

Coop, so glad you had a nice day, that this wave is finally breaking.

Nova, feel better.

Sig, glad you got some sleep

Siggy--it's not that late yet in Oregon.

As far as thoughts on whether this is withdrawal or some kind of regular insomnia, all the way along I've figured that if any one symptom is still left when everything else has cleared up, then and only then would I go in for CAT scans, X-rays, blood tests etc.  And actually, you don't need a test to know you've got insomnia, right?  So what could anybody tell you to try that you're not already trying?  As a former hypochondriac, I've found it comforting to have this malady that just covers so many different symptoms.  You're in withdrawal, and when you're well, so many things will be better.  Anything that's not, you can get it checked out then. 

I think it's great that you slept well LAST NIGHT.  Doesn't that alleviate the panic that can come from making up stories about how you will surely never sleep again? :thumbsup:

Would earBUDS be that annoying?  I've only recently stopped sleeping with them in my ears, pouring in the special sleep music.

Yeah that's why I think it's still probably withdrawal too. It doesn't make sense to be so afraid you're not going to sleep that you don't pass out at least sometime in the night. That plus the brain pounding and skin burning in my face. It's now 10 days since this garbage has come back. I need another window of sleeping every night to give me some hope back.

Vibrations....Green, Sky, Beulah, Marj...

....When you say  " vibrations"  is it a sensation of pulsing or throbbing that kind of makes your body feel l8ke it's on a low 'idle' an internal sensation of your heart beat throughout your body.. .mostly back,  chest, neck , head ...?..  I am noticing this now too.  It bothers me in the same way that tinnitus does...a foreign sensation...not pain just an extra sensation that wants to convince me that something is not right.  It feels like anxiety set to motion.....coop

That is part of it Coop, but you also feel like there is a motor humming in your body, it's odd and unsettling. It usually gets my heart rate up.

[move]HAPPY 18TH ANNIVERSARY :yippee: :yippee: :highfive: :highfive: :balloon: :balloon: :happybday: TO ME!!![/move]

Coop, so glad you had a nice day, that this wave is finally breaking.

Nova, feel better.

Sig, glad you got some sleep

WOW Sue ! That is so great, this is a very important corner !!! :highfive: :highfive: :highfive:

Hi ... decided to cancel the antibiotics ... it is really ripping my guts up ... only three doses in and this is not good ... had kind of the same issue a year ago last January (different antibiotic for supposedly pneumonia) ... maybe I am now overly sensitive ... maybe something else ... doesn't matter ... not going done that road right now ...

Have a good Friday ...

Hi ... decided to cancel the antibiotics ... it is really ripping my guts up ... only three doses in and this is not good ... had kind of the same issue a year ago last January (different antibiotic for supposedly pneumonia) ... maybe I am now overly sensitive ... maybe something else ... doesn't matter ... not going done that road right now ...

Have a good Friday ...

Sorry to hear you're having such bad problems with the antibiotics. You have to do what you think is most beneficial to your health. Like someone else said, cranberry juice is really good for your urinary tract. I'd say if you can switch over to using that for a little while it may help clear up whatever is left.

Chiming in on the Sleepless in Benzo Land...I go to sleep ok, but am waking up at 4 or430 every morning with some intrusive thoughts and mild doom. I haven't had this for a long time...will be happy to see it let up. I had been sleeping at least until 7 until this wave hit......

...NOVA... yeah, 10 days ...that's the standard I guess for antibiotics....are you eating some yogurt every day.  That will help some of the gut issues....you probably already knew that. ....really sorry you have to go through this.  . At least you won't feel sick in a few days. ...

.....SIG.  My guess is its w/d....I have had a return of sx that had let up in this wave....A month ago I thought my 4am wakeups were over....and here I am this week with my eyes flying open at 4/430....I watch a movie...in earlier w/d I couldn't concentrate enough to read or watch a movie so I guess this is an improvement. I k ow it will eventually get better....I hope at least your every other night pattern holds up...

.....BEULAH....were you up all night?....I hope you got at least a few hours....We are so done with this. Wishing you another good day today...

.....Wishing all of us a day of good healing...coop

Chiming in on the Sleepless in Benzo Land...I go to sleep ok, but am waking up at 4 or430 every morning with some intrusive thoughts and mild doom. I haven't had this for a long time...will be happy to see it let up. I had been sleeping at least until 7 until this wave hit......

...NOVA... yeah, 10 days ...that's the standard I guess for antibiotics....are you eating some yogurt every day.  That will help some of the gut issues....you probably already knew that. ....really sorry you have to go through this.  . At least you won't feel sick in a few days. ...

.....SIG.  My guess is its w/d....I have had a return of sx that had let up in this wave....A month ago I thought my 4am wakeups were over....and here I am this week with my eyes flying open at 4/430....I watch a movie...in earlier w/d I couldn't concentrate enough to read or watch a movie so I guess this is an improvement. I k ow it will eventually get better....I hope at least your every other night pattern holds up...

.....BEULAH....were you up all night?....I hope you got at least a few hours....We are so done with this. Wishing you another good day today...

.....Wishing all of us a day of good healing...coop

Thanks, I'm really getting to my wits end on this. I'm not sure what to do now, but I'm getting desperate for this to resolve. Anybody tried Lemon Balm and or L-Theanine?

Coop ... I stopped the antibiotics ... was revving me over the moon every time I tried to eat something ... and the head pressure was gross ... and some other stuff ... seems almost like an overload reaction ... very strong ...

Sorry you are not sleeping better ...

Gonna be a long day ... right now the only thing not sending me off is chicken broth ...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ha...]
    • [An...]
    • [Cy...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [pe...]
    • [...]
    • [Di...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Ab...]