Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Chris--this is so great to hear!  Isn't it amazing how fast the depression can both hit you and also let up?  Please don't worry about "paying for it tomorrow."  It seems to me our brains are on their own schedules for healing and the best we can do is try to go with the flow and make the most of the good days.  If you don't feel as good tomorrow--and you may very well not, seeing how this stupid thing seems to go--absolutely do not be second guessing yourself about whatever you may have done to bring it on.  When you get through this--and you will--you'll look back and thank yourself for every time ou felt good enough to get something done or do something fun and then went ahead with it!

Hey Coop-

Good on you for doing some reasonable research. I think the lesson is that most, if not all, pharmaceuticals come with sideffects. I don't for see ever taking anything from a pharmacy ever again. I'm using food and old home remedies for everything that comes our way. My husband has even started making homemade laundry and dish detergent. And I don't think it's paranoid. I think we live in a country (USA) where profit takes precedence over all else. So many of the chemicals we use in all kinds of products are banned in other parts of the world, and for good reason.

Sorry for the rant. Hope you get major relief sooner than soon.

Peace2

I'm even making my own mayo and hummus from scratch now :laugh:  I use olive oil instead of canola which screws w our omega nutritional balance.  I'm living the cleaners I've ever lived and if this ain't enough to be healthy so be it.  An occasional aspirin or Tylenol is my craziness.

I'm still feeling pretty good. Just did a three mile hill hike and no anxiety or cortisol rushes. No morning yucks either which always lets me know where I stand for the day. Off to make my Moroccan meatballs. 

Drew, .. you sound so good.. good stuff on here today.  Way encouraging....We are going to make it through buddies. 

....I am completely organic and no process in my house.  It's easy for me because I don't have to consider anybody eles's food cravings. When my grandsons come I loosen up a bit . Hummus is so easy..I find so many great things on Pintrest.

....Morocan meatballs...sounds delicious.  enjoy....coop

Coop-I'm going to make you laugh....the big hummus debate is wether to peel the garbanzos or not. I had about 1000 of them and cooked them in the morning. So anywho, I brewed my coffee a new way yesterday and it as waaaay stronger. I was zipping around the house like a Tasmanian Devil and drove my gf crazy who was trying to sleep.  Needless to say my forearms and fingers are sore today from the muscle use in peeling 1000 or so garbanzos.  :D

Peace drew, coop,

I couldn't agree more. I've been watching documentaries on the food industry in america and frankly its frightening the things that are put in our foods/meats etc. I only eat organic/ grass fed meat, no dairy, no processed food, mostly gluten free-- i also juice veggies everyday.This is the healthiest ive eaten in my entire life, so I'm hoping it pays off eventually. If anyone has any good healthy recipes, or good info on foods that heal I'm all ears :)

Lol.  You peeled the garbanzos...Drew...that is too funny...you are a much more dedicated cook than I am...putting the organic blueberries in the Greek yogurt is about as fussy as I get...well I boil my beautiful brown organic eggs from pastured chickens..I am a little obsessed about what I eat...and I have to sacrifice other things to stay as organic as possible. I am really fortunate to live in an area of abundant farmers markets and orchards ..may through october. 

...I am amazed that you peeled garbanzos.....Were you drinking decaf?.. so glad you are having a good day...coop

Jenny...go to my boards on pintrest...100s of healing recipes on Anti-inflammatory board...Mediterranean recipes.. organic living ...etc etc. Almost any recipe can be  converted to organic. ...I love tart cherries in Greek yogurt before bed for sleep promotion. The cherries have melatonin and the yogurt has calcium that helps sleep.

. .Me too I have never eaten this healthy in my life...maybe that's one plus to this trip through hell

...how is your muscle /nerve pain?...We are getting closer every day Jenny.....coop

Jenny-I recently(about a month ago) went gluten free for my migraines. I have only had one since then but my nerve pain is down tremendously!!!  I only put the connection together when I ate gluten by accident and both times I had bad nerve pain on my left side an hour later.  I used to poo poo all the gluten bs except for celiac a but now I'm proudly one of those annoying people in restaurants.

Jenny-I'm not sure if you read up on canola oil which s hyped by even organic companies but it's a baddy.  Btw-coconut oil is excellent for you.

Coop-it came out super creamy.  I froze three batches and my damn fiancé ate the whole batch in the fridge  ;D. I too am crazy about what I eat.  Pasture raised everything for me including butter.

Here in SF area I'm blessed too w farmer markets and gluten free offerings galore. It's actually pretty easy to eat well just expensive. Luckily I can afford it and it's money well spent.

Nope...up to drinking fully caffeinated every day. Two cups and occasionally a third.  Weekdays I use my keurig but on weekends I do a slow pour over Blue Bottle coffee. 

You know, I am just wondering how many strokes and heart attacks are actually caused by prescribed medications...I am now down to just 6 mg of atenolol and before this last wave I was only taking that as needed for b/p spikes.  ..coop

Its a little harder for me because of my family and everyone's food preferences, but I make them eat the organic meats and dairy. Dinner is the only meal that we all eat the same--so like last night my hubbie bbq hot dogs, which I was not gonna eat so I made myself some sweet potato fries and I ate 2 hard boiled eggs and an avocado... I know its a strange dinner, but it was way healthier than the hot dogs, so I just threw together what I had in the house. Coop, do you buy the cherries frozen or fresh? I'm gonna check your boards out! I have to say Vegas does not have many farmers markets that are close by my house, so I go to a market called sprouts where everything is organic and they are cheaper than whole foods-- still expensive tho... Thanks for the tips guys :)

Drew, have you tried the Kerry gold butter and cheese...right from the pastures of Ireland....so so good...reasonable at costco. I like the grass fed cow's milk too.. but it doesn't froth as thick in my milk frother for cappachinnos. ..

...My daughter went gluten free and her asthma is better...I am not gluten free, but almost and I think my RA inflammation is better...

. Well this is a lovely change of focus conversation....Happy eating everyone...coop

Jenny, I buy organic frozen tart cherries at Costco. For me frozen organic works the best for me because it doesn't go bad waiting for me to use it. The organics are all flash frozen on the same day they are harvested so they are handled less than the fresh that has to be shipped fresh. I grow my own tomatoes basil lemon balm cucumbers and some herbs during the summer...right on my patio.  ..

Drew...I love the Chemex pour over method...oh my goodness...it makes the best coffee.  So jealous that you can drink 2 cups of regular coffee....pure heaven...I love coffee more than food.  I have a good high pressure espresso machine that someone gave my ex husband and me for a wedding gift a hundred ( 22) years ago...in the divorce he got the house.. I got the espresso machine...still works beautifully.. ..

It do buy that brand of butter. I was thinking since we all ar going to live so long now we can open a wellness center. We all know how to cope w anything and teeatourselves kindly.

Typical day at the Survivors Spa

Wake up meditation

Organic vegan or gluten free breakfast

Nature Hike

Gratitude Share

Lunch

Meditation

Nontoxic nap

Coffee and positive affirmation chant on sun deck

Dinner

Mineral bath

Reading time

Evening meditation

Sleep :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Omgoodness...where do I sign up...but seriously, those are things we can incorporate into our real lives.. it would just be so much more fun and supportive with buddies.  Thanks for the list Drew.. a really great wellness guide.  ...

Good Evening ... started getting knocked around in the middle of the night last night ... and things have not let up yet ... seems I am in a full body nerve storm ... lots of zaps and twitches ... and knots showing up off and on all over ... and of course the anxiety ...

In a word ... yuk ... and I am pretty exhausted ... really quite fascinating how a body can go through this stuff hour after hour and not just collapse ... must be something else going on as well that I am not aware of ...

Oh well ... hope you all are doing okay today ...

Nova, I didn't see you here earlier and I was hoping you were in some kind of window.  I'm so sorry you're still getting hit

Now I know there's nothing worse than acute, the first year, but this second year is starting to take a very, very close second place.

Drew, that sounds like heaven- I'm in!

Thanks for all the tips Coop, I just got a membership to Costco so I'm gonna check out the cherries.

Hi Folks ... I have been revving on and off now for almost 24 hours ... this is starting to get to me ... feeling exhausted and lost ... I get little breaks every couple of hours for a few minutes and then things ramp up again ...

Feels like my nervous system is going haywire ... this is a tough one ...

Nova.. dear dear friend...I could cry reading your post. I am thinking of you and so wanting you to roll out of this wave. We are holding you up in our thoughts and wishes for you. ..The anxiety that comes with these late waves are so brutal. My heart is with you.  We love you Nova.  coop

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Cw...]
    • [ge...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Si...]
    • [...]
    • [ra...]
    • [El...]
    • [Gr...]