Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Coop ... sorry you are having "another day" of this stuff ... I have been moping around all day ... drizzly, cold rain out there all day ...

I feel about as encouraging as a pile of soggy crackers ...  :crazy:

Hi everyone.  I have been in one of those 'stay off the board' phases.  I hope all of you are doing better, even just a little bit. 

I just hit 14 months and this last month was better.  Up and down but better. Months 9-12 were horrible.  I would say my baseline is better but I still get very symptomatic at times and still get it bad pretty much anytime i have something to do that is out of my comfort zone (which is even things like going to a restaurant).  Still very agoraphobic, but at least there is breaks in the downtime.

Happy healing to you all.

Hi aquaval,

Month 9-12 were probably my worst too. Glad to hear you are seeing improvements and doing better. Great to hear from you, jenny

Jenny & Aquaval, thanks for sharing that months 9-12 were rough.  I'm having a crushing wave the last week.  Feeling some emotions very strong.  Getting lots of memory flashbacks that are stirring me up.  This too shall pass.  It's just so strong.

The lab called me back...my thyroid values are different than the ones they drew several days ago...which is typical of thyroid values...they flux. I was good to have them taken in the midst of the anxiety storm as they can change within 12 hours...what a complicated mess. I have to go back for another draw on Monday...The word " hypoparathyroidism" was spoken as "not likely"  but woth r/o.  I refuse refuse to go to Dr. Google and look up hypoparathyroidism...but I want to. I just know that I am in no state of mind to do that as I don't want another panic.

....So sorry for all the drama...No zen today...it's all hang on by a thread and get to the next 30 minutes. I was doing so much better at the beginning of March. ..That was then...this is now...And....after 4/5 hours it is winding down to a place where I can read and type...but still scared to get off the bed

....Is anyone getting panics like this so far out?...thanks for being there buddies....if this doesn't kill me I will get through it....coop

Hi Coop ... I hear you are having a rough time again ...

It has been almost three weeks since I have had a deep panic ... and my "thermostat" often goes haywire when I have one ...

Thanks Nova...it is reassuring to know that someone else late in the game is getting panics too. Although I would give anything for none of us to be having panics...or any other sx.

...When you had your last panic did the anxiety storm persist for 3/4 hours after?...did you get freezing cold?.  Thanks Nova...hope you are having a decent day....coop

Coop ... the last one I had lasted several hours and gradually dissipated ... can't remember if I ended up being cold or hot ... sweats often come with mine ... sometimes the chills will show up ...

Had a lousy day with the head pressure stuff and noisy guts ... lots of neck tension for a while ...

Ugghhh...the head pressure crap...that is often where my anxiety starts.  d/r, swaying sensation and anxiety...then we are off to the races

.....Nova ...I am sorry that you not having a better day.  We have been doing this so long....we all deserve days that are much better.  Thinking of you....coop

Coop ... I did have two days "off" this week ... so I can't complain too loudly ... we just muddle along until we get through this stuff ... I am looking forward to a continuous, gradual lessening of stuff through the spring and over the summer ... 

Nova.  Very glad to hear that you had 2 days off.. I hope you have 6 next week....carry on dear friend.. yes, I think gradual lessening of sx with some sunbreaks and windows sprinkled in..  I would take it.  Thanks Nova...carry on.....coop

Coop-I know you do it but I'm sending a loving reminder to not feed the symptoms w more anxiety than they produce.  This is all normal!

I woke up from a nap and feel terrible.  I guess this is the toxic naps people speak of.  Luckily I only get them every now and then. A walk or coffee usually snaps me out of it.  I'm off for a walk.

Drew, me too.  If she had good results I am ready to sign up. The clinic is in my state...I am just kidding ( I think)...I am sure that I am too far out.  I am hoping though that it helped he

.....you sound good Drew..  enjoy. 

Anxiety way down so chugging along with General unwell feeling and occasional "I'm going insane" thoughts that I ignore.  Oh the fun!  Grilling basil garlic sausages and asparagus. 

Coop, I get the "chills" after panic sometimes, yes. I'll usually chatter teeth, shiver, etc ~ a heated blanket, my heated bedroom slippers, my love seat, and a cute romantic comedy are my "go-to" after-panic therapy :P Yesterday afternoon, I had some brutal panics arise ~ I'm telling you Coop, this stuff is completely normal for where we're at. I know I don't talk about the things I experience much, and when I do, I sorta make them sound "downplayed" because I don't like to talk about them much ~ won't give it any "life" "space" in my brain & such, you know lol... :P Anyways, I think that leaving out much details can maybe leave another feeling like they're alone in their experiences or something. So when I say "you're not alone", its truly my "code" to let you know....you're not alone! ;):P And, we ARE healing girl. One day at a time, we're getting there :)

Okie dokes, time for bed for Mrs. Love to you gang,

Mrs. :smitten:

Hi Coop ... how are you doing? ...

I woke up at 2 AM ... didn't get back to sleep ... just hanging out in the early hours listening to the wind blow ... and a little rain ...

Experiencing some wavey stuff going on ... and reflecting on this process ... more day dreaming than reflecting really ... waiting for daylight ...

Coop, Nova, I see you are both still awake, sorry to see that.

Coop, I think it's normal to  have panic. It might be the hardest symptom to get rid of, don't worry about it, you would be adding fuel to it. Of course, saying don't worry to a person who is having panic, sounds like a joke, but I am sure you know what I mean. I mean, that it's normal to have panic attacks, there is nothing strange about that.

I don't believe I have  full blown attacks of panic, but I do have what I would call, worry attacks, in which,  a small difficulty makes me very scared, so scared that I can't think correctly and I panic a little.

I do get chills, I have been having them in these days. But you were asking if they were connected to panic attacks. My chill spellls can be quite strong and powerful, really weird.

Here is my  vibrations and palps day.

Luckily, I don't have to work a lot, just two lessons, and it's a lovely day. I will take my dog Jaime for some nice long walks, hopefully she will meet some friends and have fun, nothing more soothing than watching dogs play !

Wish you all a lighter day than yesterday.  :smitten:

Sky ... we each have our patterns during this process ... some this, some that ... and sometimes they change ...

Glad to hear you are having a good weather Saturday ... enjoy your time with Jamie ...

I am just hanging out for a couple more hours until it is time to go down to the farmer's market ...

Be Well ...

I also get freezing cold after the panic....anyone else?

yes, Coop, I get freezing cold, and then unbearably hot.  wild temperature fluctuations.  if you're not having severe thyroid symptoms, why not wait another six months before you do anything about it?

Coop, Nova, I'm where you're at, tired of the relentless symptoms, I'm isolating, I don't want to be around people -- I just don't feel well enough.  So if we all three feel this bad, it must be normal withdrawal, not that that's any consolation.

Drew, that sausage and asparagus sound delicious!  I was thinking of Korbe, too, wondering how it was going.  I feel bad enough today that if it worked for her, I would consider it.

Sky, hope you're feeling a little better.

one of us has to break out of this misery and feel better!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ta...]
    • [pi...]
    • [Li...]
    • [pe...]
    • [kn...]
    • [jo...]
    • [ca...]
    • [Ar...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Le...]
    • [te...]