Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Hi Green ... how are things? ... I got slam dunked this morning ... thought I was coming apart at the seems for a while ... my usual head and guts and vibrations and the "asthma" ... things have flattened out and am settling in for a bit of this stuff ... and it was pleasant for the last three days not to be so focused on this stuff ... back to the salt mines ...

Be Well ...

Drew ... yuk and damn ... I really dislike the panic stuff ... and disliking it doesn't help a bit ...  :tickedoff:

Do your thing ... this will pass ...  ;)

yup nova the rush passed but now I am just left with the light headiness and out of it feeling.  been here before and unfortunately will probably be here again.  Have to just wait it out and not question what caused it or why it happened.Sorry you are getting hit again.

Hi Green ... how are things? ... I got slam dunked this morning ... thought I was coming apart at the seems for a while ... my usual head and guts and vibrations and the "asthma" ... things have flattened out and am settling in for a bit of this stuff ... and it was pleasant for the last three days not to be so focused on this stuff ... back to the salt mines ...

Be Well ...

Nova, I'm right with ya, as our friend Coop would say.  A little break today from the dreaded vibrations.  but the faux asthma, can't get a deep breath, feels like less lung capacity?  and fatigue.  gets a little better late afternoon.  And I'm a little weird mentally, I haven't analyzed it yet, lol.

Yes, Nova, trying times.  We are troopers, when we're focused on this stuff, it's because it's impossible not to be.  the weather,  it's very cold, so I'm not getting out.  Not that getting out will cure a bad wave, but it's a way to distract from it for a few hours.

Hang in there, buddy.  It really can't last forever :smitten:

Hi all...getting bad panics lately.  In the middle of one now.  Feels like my right hand can't work which is a lie since it is typing.  This too shall pass.  I am jsut saying to myself to wait thirty minutes and I will feel better.

You and your right hand and me with the right shoulder and neck line twitches. Oh and today the rocky boat sensation is up!!! Feel like I'm on the metro train!  :smitten:

LM-i'm wondering whether our "boatiness" is all from withdrawal or is it my panic/anxiety that brings it on and then I focus on it?  I ask that because I had a lot of baotiness and dizziness(which is common in anxiety) on the walk to dr. office.  After my appt. it was much less when i felt better. Hmmm...regardless I am just ignoring it.  It also may be a withdrawal symptom which hits when I get stressed sort of like my tinnitus.

Green ... I am hanging ... got almost two feet of snow yesterday ... another storm on Saturday ... and they are predicting another one on Tuesday ...

Went Googling for sled dogs ... found four ... now I just need to find the sled and off we go ...  >:D

LM-i'm wondering whether our "boatiness" is all from withdrawal or is it my panic/anxiety that brings it on and then I focus on it?  I ask that because I had a lot of baotiness and dizziness(which is common in anxiety) on the walk to dr. office.  After my appt. it was much less when i felt better. Hmmm...regardless I am just ignoring it.  It also may be a withdrawal symptom which hits when I get stressed sort of like my tinnitus.

That's the way it works for me.  I've never had tinnitis or vertigo, but a couple of times when I've been in stressful situations and both will come on for a few minutes and then it goes away.

Hi. As it's 2 days since my post on here of the 17th, when only NovaScotia replied, does this mean that no one else has experienced any of the sxs I listed - If so,  am really worried now as I thought more people would have had at least some of the same sxs. And no one has responded saying how they were at 15 months out, so I  no longer feel reassured it isn't just me feeling so wretched.

Sorry to moan - but anxiety now high.

Well..I just felt like posting an update at about 10 1/2 months off.  THIS SUCKS >:(    I had a small reprieve from my last wave that lasted over three weeks.  That reprieve was about a day and ended with a bad migraine.  WTF?  Now I am back in it.  I seem to be getting those fucked up neural storms that hit throughout the day.  I am sitting there fine and out of nowhere it's fear, sweatng, dizziness, etc...I get them throughout the day but I also seem to get one around 6:30pm.  I self talk myself to let them pass.  I do all the right stuff and after an hour or so I am back to somewhat ok.  It's damn exhausting though.  terrible bad thoughts when I wake in the am along with the rushes.  This shit was gone for a while but it returned. I also have severe boatiness which I have had before but now it seems to be more constant.  Eyes are annoying me too.  It feels like my glasses bother my eyes and I constantly take them off or adjust them but nothing helps.  When I am in a calm period none of the above is there.  Really really working hard on acceptance.  really really really hard :laugh:

on the positive side I felt some headache stuff in early am but took the propronolol, magnesium, and b2 and it seems to be at bay for now.

Just a bit of a rant today :tickedoff:     

Hi. As it's 2 days since my post on here of the 17th, when only NovaScotia replied, does this mean that no one else has experienced any of the sxs I listed - If so,  am really worried now as I thought more people would have had at least some of the same sxs. And no one has responded saying how they were at 15 months out, so I  no longer feel reassured it isn't just me feeling so wretched.

Sorry to moan - but anxiety now high.

Rack-I am not at 15 months but all of those are very common symptoms.  I get a bit of them but I only list what is majorly in my way at the present :sick:

Drew, is the propanolol a new med?...if so it can cause dizziness and anxiety. ..I was unable to tolerate it and had to switch to atenolol and had less sx with it. I am not suggesting this is what is going on with you ..just a thought.

Other than the careful addition of supplements that your doctor prescribed for you...it all seems lIke the 10 month drop kick into hell. So sorry you are going through all of this. Green and I both had major waves between months 10-13. I had another trip to hell at the end of Feb but I still kind of thinK that was a true virus. ...I am thinking of you Drew.  Keep us posted. Come on as often as you need to for support.. ..coop

coop..lol...I was trying to not read any of the side effects of propronolol.  My mind is crazy that it grabs onto them.  I had the dizziness and anxiety before but it did seem a bit higher upon waking today.  I hopefully won't be on it long as the Preventa Migraine stuff is arriving this evening.  I thought it helps with anxiety?  I have taken this dose before but never regularly.  Felt some stuff but I can never tell what is what in this recovery process.   

Coop this wave has been very long.  How long was yours?  all three months and then you felt better?  Do you feel better now than at 10-11months?

Sorry Drew, I didn't mean to add anxiety to your sx..if you have taken it before without sx it's probably not the propanolol...Yes, it is prescribed for situational anxiety, but for some it causes anxiety.. Very glad that your migraine kit is coming on board this evening....so sorry Drew...I should stay off the thread today...my funk is back...and it's not an uptown funk.....coop....We're here Drew.  Just get through the day with whatever helps....coop

Drew, ...no it wasn't all 3 months, but the entire 3 months was peppered with waves that were different in that they brought new sx ( more physical)  or sx that had been clear for awhile. I also had better windows during that 3 months.

.....Yes, things did ease up after month 13  excepting for that 8/9 day awfulness that hit at the end of Feb. From that point it has narrowed down to about 3 persistent sx...d/r, boatyness, cog fog and mild depression ...This will pass too Drew.  coop

Drew, ...no it wasn't all 3 months, but the entire 3 months was peppered with waves that were different in that they brought new sx ( more physical)  or sx that had been clear for awhile. I also had better windows during that 3 months.

.....Yes, things did ease up after month 13  excepting for that 8/9 day awfulness that hit at the end of Feb. From that point it has narrowed down to about 3 persistent sx...d/r, boatyness, cog fog and mild depression ...This will pass too Drew.  coop

Months 9&10 have been horrible. Especially the balance issues and now I feel like my job is at stake here  :'( I really need this to all end soon.

Phewwwwwwwwwwww ... today is a crap day ... it is official... Coop, Drew, LM, and anyone else ...

Feels like I have these too tight headphones on again ... and the bloat ... and the breathing ... and the zaps and tightness ... all around lousy ...

Let's have a "this ain't us" party ...  :tickedoff:

Well, count me in...scoot over and hand me an oar so I can help row us out of this crap wave..

....Its only 1pm here and I am throwing in the towel on this day...back on the couch...going for a ride on the dizzy  omelet with anxiety. ...This is not the worst wave.. just pretty heavy d/r, boaty, cog fog ( thick cog gog), moderate anxiety and mild depression. ...I am just sick sick sick of hanging in this limbo. Definitely better than last year, but just like Nova says, " better, but not better enough"...Not better enough to enjoy who I am, not better enough to enjoy others, not better enough to enjoy my life. NOT  damn better enough...I have no rah rah today at all.. absolutely no energy or motivation...So yep, I am right there with you wavy peeps today. Here we go...I thought I felt this one circling yesterday...and here it is.

......bring the tea.....coop

Well, Coop ... I would infer a small tidbit of energy on your behalf ... you sound as tick off as some of the rest of us ...  :tickedoff:

Alive and kicking is always a good sign ...  >:D

Same as you, Coop ... sort of felt this one sneaking around last evening ...

Listening to some Maeve Binchy stories and articles she wrote while I do my jigsaw puzzles on the long, boring afternoon ... quite charming and slyly funny ... hadn't read anything by her before ... good stuff for me ...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [St...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Sh...]
    • [...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [mr...]