Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Good morning hopefully all...My wave has moved out of the crazy thoughts and anxiety zone to a lead curtain brain.  No emotions and time just seems to be passing by.  No heavy DR but it is there. Brain feels heavy. It is way better than I was before.  No unwanted/automatic thoughts seem to be able to set off anxiety or panic.  I just feel numb and weird in the brain but no headache yet.  Me thinks this wave is finally receding.  Hopefully in a few days this will lift as I have had this pattern before.

Coop-I agreee that no cbt would have an impact on this stuff.

That's great Drew.  Thank you so much for that...Glad your performance went well...goodnight to you...

Yes, that was very good, really helpful

Hi Drew ... good to hear you feel this one is ending ...

I had a very raucous morning ... then about 2 hours ago everything stopped ... go figure ... now just very tired ... I am convinced whoever is in charge of this stuff is a bit loopy ...

Have a good day ...

Nova!...yes!..that's exactly how my waves start to lift.. all of a sudden the sx just shuts off...so wierd..but so great.. I hope it stays out to sea all day...for days and days...love to you...coop

Good morning buddies...on my way to have lunch and wedding shop with my daughter.. No anxiety or sx.. looking forward to my first outing without any sx or fear...small triumph but so happy.

..Wishing everyone a day of good healing....coop

coop so happy you are going to enjoy the day.

Nova-hope we can come out of this together. 

I just had a client meeting and no anxiety at all.  Feel weird in head but no dizziness or boatiness. 

Drew ... we will all certainly come out of this ... having a relatively quiet afternoon ... to cold/windy to go back outside ... made muffins and biscuits ...

And fiddled around ... looking forward to a good sleep tonight ...

Hi all,

Do any of you still have GI issues? Stomach pain, diarrhea...uggh. If so, does anything help it?  I have been going back and fourth with this for a month. My how things change in a few months. I was having to eat and drink food to keep me open and now I need it to stop.

Be well.

Beulah,

luckily my gi issues have been at a tolerable level.  Occasional one offs of problems but nothing like the benzo belly crap.  I drink one teaspoon of psyllium husk unswettened sold by GNC which keeps everything moving and in check.  My acid reflux and irregular bowel movements improved greatly.  Hope you get some relief.

I was thinking maybe where I'm straying away from the safe food is the problem. I keep testing the waters because I'm sick of the same food over and over.

I have a lot of Irish in my blood and I dare not eat any of the corned beef and cabbage that my daughter will be bringing over for my husband. 

Anybody here able to eat what they want?

I do within reason...chocolate, oatmeal, and processed stuff with msg will set off my symptoms....I can eat most things but really watch it in a wave.

coop so happy you are going to enjoy the day.

Nova-hope we can come out of this together. 

I just had a client meeting and no anxiety at all.  Feel weird in head but no dizziness or boatiness.

Do I sense windows opening??? Great! I was beside myself from yesterday at work, had nightmares and anxiety this morning. Went to my acupuncturist...now I'm just cooling. I feel so relaxed. As if I left all the anxiety on the table in her office!

Praying a window opens. Boatiness or not...I gotta do laundry (1 flight of steps...3 times) once to load, once to put in dryer the 3rd to get the clothes! That will be my work out.  :smitten:

Thanks drew, I'm glad things settled down for you. Yeah, when I was early off it was a killer. I keep going back and fourth with this.

Hugs

COOP!  So glad to hear you have been doing so well.  I just read the last 20 pages to catch up with the group a bit.  I sorta lost track but what is today?  Day 5 or so of your window?  So so awesome.  Hope today goes well for you again.  About two months ago I had 4 out of 7 days that were windows, was such a treat.  Just completed 17 months 3 days ago....can't believe I'm into month 18 right now, huge number!!  I just realized that about 20 minutes ago so I wanted to check for progress with others.  You stuck out the most COOP!  I'm very happy to hear such a different tone to your writing.  Complete 180 compared to last time I visited BB. 

Random thought I had yesterday after a short intense wave.  Waves at this point can seem especially scary at times, I think it's because we aren't as used to them as we were during year 1.  The intense waves can seem like a foreign feeling almost....(because they are so spaced out?)  When they hit they scare me more than they used to because the bad ones aren't nearly as common.  I dunno, just a random thought.  On a positive note, half of yesterday was not a good day, but at this very moment I feel great. Just knowing that the coldest snowiest winter is finally on it's way out is fantastic.  Only about 14 more inches of snow needs to melt before I can go hiking again, woo hoo!

Hello gang :)

Just a brief note to say that I am officially four months benzo free today! :yippee:

I have updated my progress in my post in the Benzo Free Section of the forum (called "Mrs. has taken her last dose!"), if it can help.

I think about you often, and read every day :) I may "lurk" more than post, but I love being engaged in all of your lives! 

Welp, anyways :) That is all for now - Happy Friday to you all!! :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Thanks Jenny, ...We are getting so close...putting one foot in front of the other has taken us a long way. This is going to be a good summer for all of us.

....coop

Coop, yes, I also hope your pooch is feeling better.  do you have his/her picture posted?

Sky -- I'm afraid you'll hit me with a Spanish book if I say hang on, it will be spring soon and we will all feel better!  But hope springs eternal!  Feel better, buddy :smitten:

Sue, if I could find a way to hit somebody with a book online, you definitely would not be the one I hit ! :)

Well, we did say irritability was a sign of healing, lol.  We're going to be much better in the spring!  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

I was thinking maybe where I'm straying away from the safe food is the problem. I keep testing the waters because I'm sick of the same food over and over.

I have a lot of Irish in my blood and I dare not eat any of the corned beef and cabbage that my daughter will be bringing over for my husband. 

Beulah, if alternating diarrhea/constipation, protruding pregnant benzo belly is GI issues, then I have them.  My solution?  Eat anything I want. the diarrhea has a life of its own.  I could take a sip of water and have a problem.  or not. so why should I deprive myself? I'm cooking corned beef and cabbage for my family and I'm eating it.  Again, this is me.  not for everybody.  we're all very different.  I know Coop is religious about eating healthy.

Coop, I'm so glad you're having a nice day with your daughter.  When is the wedding?  is this something you're comfortable with at this point?

Sky and Nova, hope you're both feeling a little better.

Back to the therapist and refusing to validate our symptoms.  maybe I should turn the couch around.  Maybe I should ask her why she has a problem validating me, her patient?  Instead of working so hard to make her understand? this struggle for validation is important, I think, hugely important.  We've been through something horrific.  By not getting validated, we are victimized all over again.  Idk.  Maybe I should let it go.  we'll see.  have a good evening all

"We're going to be much better in the spring!" ... that's next Friday ... :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Crap!  thought I had more time!

COOP!  So glad to hear you have been doing so well.  I just read the last 20 pages to catch up with the group a bit.  I sorta lost track but what is today?  Day 5 or so of your window?  So so awesome.  Hope today goes well for you again.  About two months ago I had 4 out of 7 days that were windows, was such a treat.  Just completed 17 months 3 days ago....can't believe I'm into month 18 right now, huge number!!  I just realized that about 20 minutes ago so I wanted to check for progress with others.  You stuck out the most COOP!  I'm very happy to hear such a different tone to your writing.  Complete 180 compared to last time I visited BB. 

Random thought I had yesterday after a short intense wave.  Waves at this point can seem especially scary at times, I think it's because we aren't as used to them as we were during year 1.  The intense waves can seem like a foreign feeling almost....(because they are so spaced out?)  When they hit they scare me more than they used to because the bad ones aren't nearly as common.  I dunno, just a random thought.  On a positive note, half of yesterday was not a good day, but at this very moment I feel great. Just knowing that the coldest snowiest winter is finally on it's way out is fantastic.  Only about 14 more inches of snow needs to melt before I can go hiking again, woo hoo!

Mike,

So happy to hear you're doing well.  and thanks for the update, that, yes, there are symptoms at 18 months.  But it's better, I think, because you sound better.  Yes, you guy got slammed with snow this winter.  I saw something on the news about your mayor chastising people for jumping out their windows into the snow, which I thought sounded kind of fun.  Glad to hear you're doing well.

Coop- Happy open windows to you...enjoy every minute of it. Spoil yourself like you never have before.

mrsalw- 4 months :thumbsup: Good job!!

Green- I really hope you enjoy your corned beef and cabbage. I would eat it if it didn't hurt my stomach so bad.

Don't give up on trying to get the withdrawal validated by your doc. Put it on the back burner like I do till I have had more healing. They won't shut me up...the suffering we have all endured....nope...not gonna happen. I will fight for the rest of my life....this withdrawal is to serious to let them off the hook so easy.

Enjoy your meal. ;)

I can tell my wave is ending!  Had two appts no problems at all.  No anxiety, no weird eye problems, very little body pain and I'm energetic on only five hours sleep.  :smitten:  felt the shift starting on Wednesday .  Still have head fof and heaviness but I know it will lessen. I feel like I want to do things outside the house.  Almost euphoric. Still very tired from what I've been through so I think I'll force myself to stay in.  Omg that was a terrible wave!!!  Don't think I'm jinxing myself by typing that I think it's almost over.  Complete night and day.  Absolutely unbelievable the difference even w a few symptoms.  Not pronouncing a window but I feel it coming.

Beulah, if alternating diarrhea/constipation, protruding pregnant benzo belly is GI issues, then I have them.  My solution?  Eat anything I want. the diarrhea has a life of its own.  I could take a sip of water and have a problem.  or not. so why should I deprive myself? I'm cooking corned beef and cabbage for my family and I'm eating it.  Again, this is me.  not for everybody.  we're all very different.  I know Coop is religious about eating healthy.

Coop, I'm so glad you're having a nice day with your daughter.  When is the wedding?  is this something you're comfortable with at this point?

Sky and Nova, hope you're both feeling a little better.

Back to the therapist and refusing to validate our symptoms.  maybe I should turn the couch around.  Maybe I should ask her why she has a problem validating me, her patient?  Instead of working so hard to make her understand? this struggle for validation is important, I think, hugely important.  We've been through something horrific.  By not getting validated, we are victimized all over again.  Idk.  Maybe I should let it go.  we'll see.  have a good evening all

I would ask her why she isn't validating your wd . Unless she's the kind of therapist that will say " Let's talk about why you need my validation " and then you would have to knock her down with a book of Spanish that I would conveniently lend you for the job. ;)

Not feeling better, but i think I see the end coming or maybe I am just happy the weekend is here, it's been a long day. I had many lessons today and felt awful.

How absurd, in tolerance I had to take days off work, I was always so sick. But in wd, I have never ever cancelled a lesson !! Go figure.

Small victories. I just noticed I have some of the eyesight back in my left eye.

I am  going to bed now. Hope this wave gets better  soon.  Get better everybody. Sorry, I really am so out of it, I just come here,  post and then log off and that feels like I have done tons !!!

NIght everybody. :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ro...]
    • [fr...]
    • [...]
    • [co...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [ol...]
    • [El...]
    • [...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [jo...]