Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Sheesh Nova, ...you guys are freezing up there. Wish I could send you some of our PNW sunshine. ...Sleeping long and cozy seems like a good strategy...sorry your day was moderate lousy. I agree with your suspicion that there might be a benzo bug or a viral bug trying to lay us out flat. After 4/5 days I feel like I am on the upside but still bruised and rattled. Still laying around today but much better energy, appetite and ability to be up and down...wimpy me...I am not pushing anything today...not rocking the boat..hanging on for dear life to the ' betterness' of today...Wishing you good rest Nova...and a better day tomorrow. Thank you for being here with us....coop

Checking in...

It's been quite the week. We found a place to rent, at least temporarily. We've packed more than half our house. We'll start moving in to the new place this weekend.

I told the tour leader for the East Coast trip what was going on and how I most likely wouldn't be able to go. He wants me to still and I can decide at the last moment depending on circumstances and how I feel. As of now, I am leaning toward not going.

My older daughter was in a car accident yesterday. She's bruised and very sore, but she is ok. Her accident happened while she is about 8 hours away and she won't be home until Sunday. The stress of learning about the accident just about threw me over the edge, but I'm hanging in there. All I want to do is give her a big hug and hold on tight....but I have to wait.

Through all of this I have been doing really good...well, until news of my daughter. I'm fighting through a wave today. Chest anxiety, exhaustion, head pressure, boatiness, verge of tears. I'm going to take a little nap and get back to the business of moving.

One thing I know for sure: I wouldn't have been able to survive this a year ago. Now, I'm uncomfortable right now, but I'm doing what needs to be done without (completely) falling apart.

Love to you all. I see there have been waves all over the place. Lots of healing coming our way!

HH :smitten:

Peace-- wonderful news!! Can I say I told you so ;) love ya

Welcome filmcritic!!

HH-- you are so courageous! Anyone hearing news like that would be stressed to the max and sick with worry, so I think you are doing fantastic considering the circumstances. Praying your move goes well and you get settled soon. Keep us posted!

Nova and Coop-- I'm hoping you guys get a break soon, thinking of both of you  :smitten:

Drew-- good luck on your performance!

filmcritic88 ... welcome ... please feel free to join in ... this is a very caring, understanding, and quite eclectic groups of souls ...

Many of us have asked, over and over, is this as good as it gets? ... and for me the answer is a resounding no ... I expect a full and complete recovery ... and I will stay with this process until it arrives ...

All the success stories I have read say we heal completely ... we just do not know how long it will take ...

Time, patience, acceptance ... with a measure of gripe and hoot and holler ... we will all get there ... nobody gets left behind ...

Be Well ...  ;)

:thumbsup:

Mrs. :smitten:

Filmcritic

bb Parker sent me this link. Not sure if your familiar w/it? I watch it every now and then when things get difficult. I truly think it addresses exactly what you and many of us experience this far out,which really isn't that far out . I also think that once we get past that year mark we feel so spent.

Hopefully you and others find it helpful.

http://cepuk.org/2014/03/17/video-ians-recovery-subsequent-work-bristol-tranquilliser-project/

To all of you, you made my day 100%! I feel very very blessed to have found everyone of you!

I apologies about the rambling of my introductory post. I find it incredibly hard sometimes to post on BB. Not because I am worried others might say, but because when you are struggling to put what is going on in your head into words, things can become very unclear. You all know what i mean...lol    It's hard to explain sometimes the pain you are in when it is all going on upstairs in your head and I'm afraid it comes across as rambling.  :laugh:

I feel incredibly welcome here. Thank you to all of you who replied and welcomed me. Jrod thank you for the video!

Time for sleep. Praying for you all!

filmcritic88

Good Morning ... they are playing my song again, "These Old Anxiety Blues" ... and "The Congestion Boogie" ... and I hear Drew in the background with "Row, Row, Row This Damn Boat" ...

filmcritic88 ... ramble away ... rambling is good ... here is a little secret ... nobody in this group is surprised when they see folk's "laundry" out on the line ... mostly what they say is "Nova has been do9ng his laundry again" ... and some have even admired my speedo ...

Post when you can, whatever you can ... there does seem to be some value in just putting stuff out there ... you may find that there is a "coherence" underlying things ... there is a story there ... something to be admired and cherished ... we have all come a very long way on this journey ... and some days it ain't pretty ... some days are just neutral ... and once in a while some clarity shines through ...

Hope you got a good rest ...

It's Friday, Folks ... only 14 days until Spring ...

Have a good one ...

HH ... what can I say? ... you are doing this so well ... it will all come together for you soon ...  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Nova, ..Are you baking bread again?...How are you  doing at the Crack of dawn?.  ...I am actually pulling out of this wave...I think. ...I have been sleeping most of the night...just awake at the moment as the dog decided to lay on my feet and pin my legs to the bed.

....Nova....I hope this day is s sunbreak day for you. I was lurking around on the head pressure group. .seems like it is common for it to hang on ..on and off all the way through...bracing for it. ...Nova I hope you can go bacK to sleep for a few more zzzzzzs ........love to you friend....coop

WORD FOR THE DAY

Friday, Mar. 6

And you will know exactly who you are, forever, by knowing what it is that you love.

Mark Helprin

from Winter's Tale

Filmcritic

bb Parker sent me this link. Not sure if your familiar w/it? I watch it every now and then when things get difficult. I truly think it addresses exactly what you and many of us experience this far out,which really isn't that far out . I also think that once we get past that year mark we feel so spent.

Hopefully you and others find it helpful.

http://cepuk.org/2014/03/17/video-ians-recovery-subsequent-work-bristol-tranquilliser-project/

One of my absolute favorite videos, Jrod...brilliant of you to post. My favorite part? "...absolutely EVERYONE recovers 100%, ALL the time, even if it takes years..."  :smitten:

Mrs. :smitten:

Nova.....Thanks so much for your recent post to me.  Sometimes I need a dose of reality...which you MOST certainly provided.  It will be what it will be.  Just accept those difficult times and move on.  Hope your day provides a bit of smoother sailing...anxiety is no fun whatsoever!

filmcritic...Welcome to the board.  I understand exactly how you feel when it comes to posting and rambling when you are feeling miserable.  I think many of here on this board experience just that.  I know after no sleep and when feeling very depressed I get into that mode.  I go on and on about me and my feelings...I sometimes have to think twice about hitting the "post" not only because of what I wrote but my perception of how other people might think of me.  We all go through miserable times and it is hard to throw your feelings out there for others to see.  The nice thing is others DO understand and will lend that sympathetic ear that you may be missing at home.  Folks here are friendly, understanding and HELPFUL!  Welcome to you.

I also wanted to post some good news.  Got almost 6 hours of sleep last night which for me is unheard of.  Feel much better physically and somewhat better emotionally.  Still some nagging "blue" thoughts which I am trying to fight off.

Hey Nova,...did you get some more sleep?...I am hoping for a good day for you....you are due for some sunbreaks and windows.. You are closing in on month 18...such a long travel. I am so glad to have traveled along with you. You have helped me so much....you are very cared about here....

......Garton, ....6 hours is so good....Wishing you a day with somecsunbreaks...hope your ' bluesy'  burns off . Garton you sound better than you did 2 months ago...Healing is happening for you....coop

Filmcritic....we all ramble on here....I am the worst. This is the place to ramble, vent, cry, encourage others, wax poetic, be vulnerable, be strong...whatever you need. ..We are happy that you are here... coop

I also wanted to post some good news.  Got almost 6 hours of sleep last night which for me is unheard of.  Feel much better physically and somewhat better emotionally.  Still some nagging "blue" thoughts which I am trying to fight off.

Garton, this is so great. You are getting a break, some sleep is what you needed to fight any odd and intrusive thoughts. Wd without sleep is  very brutal, you really needed this. glad to hear this, really am.

Good Morning ... they are playing my song again, "These Old Anxiety Blues" ... and "The Congestion Boogie" ... and I hear Drew in the background with "Row, Row, Row This Damn Boat" ...

filmcritic88 ... ramble away ... rambling is good ... here is a little secret ... nobody in this group is surprised when they see folk's "laundry" out on the line ... mostly what they say is "Nova has been do9ng his laundry again" ... and some have even admired my speedo ...

Post when you can, whatever you can ... there does seem to be some value in just putting stuff out there ... you may find that there is a "coherence" underlying things ... there is a story there ... something to be admired and cherished ... we have all come a very long way on this journey ... and some days it ain't pretty ... some days are just neutral ... and once in a while some clarity shines through ...

Hope you got a good rest ...

It's Friday, Folks ... only 14 days until Spring ...

Have a good one ...

Nova, you made great points. Film critic, welcome . I agree with nova, but I do understand where you are coming from, I used to feel awful about writing what was happening, I did not think anybody needed that kind of thing on top of wd.

But no matter what you post, you are actually giving something to the community, even when you are posting something bad. You are giving because we all learn. You are also giving to somebody out there who maybe is going through exaclty the same things you are and needs to read about it.

I have not been getting notifications from the thread, so I have some catching up to do. Today, I thought was going to be my good day, but it's another wavy day and I am so t ired of being in hell. I have had the usual things plus some head pressure and vertigo. I need some rest, I guess, I really feel tired.

Nova, spring is coming ? Who would have thought we could get this far.

Hugs to all, hope you are having a better day. :smitten:

My thought for the day....

.....I think year 2 is all about recovering from year one....lol..

coop

Had to repost this !  ;D:laugh:

And when do we get to recover from year two ? It's  no  picnic either ! ;)

Filmcritic....we all ramble on here....I am the worst. This is the place to ramble, vent, cry, encourage others, wax poetic, be vulnerable, be strong...whatever you need. ..We are happy that you are here... coop

I too feel silly rambling but it's not us, it's our condition. That does not make it easier, but more forgivable to other people, or buddies !

tangents are my thing too, unfortunately!

I feel so tired, wish I did not  have lesssons later and on the weekend, but if I don't work I panic , so there is no winning here.

Going to run a couple of errands, some fresh air will do me good. Bye,talk later. :smitten:

Well ... back to the revving for me ... so I just slow things down ... too cold to go out anyway ...

Coop ... guess I had my "break" for this week ... settling in for another stretch of "healing" ... hope you are doing well ...  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Kr...]
    • [No...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [hu...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Li...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Pe...]
    • [De...]
    • [En...]
    • [Bi...]