Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Nova,.. I have flashbacks of of er visits too...terrifying...me too now phobic regarding medical treatment. Some day I will get around to addressing it..last of my worries right now.  Yes, the carrot of somehow making it to one more month ...I do the same thing, sometimes unintentionally cheating as you know. Lol.  So glad you are settled enough to be tired ...Wishing you peaceful rest...Don't hesitate to post if you get the revs later...I will undoubtedly be awake for some part of the night....coop

Drew,.  Yay for ramped down head pressure and waning anxiety....you weather your sx so well.. so glad you are feeling better... onward we go ...hope you sleep .  coop

I went to dr today to get scrip for Remeron.  I will try 1/2 pill 7.75 mg tonight. I hope it works to improve my sleep.  I'll let you know.  I cried for the first time at the doctor, I think she finally realized how bad I am.

I also got some Lasix to help with my edema & distended  stomach.  Dr thinks all the Advil I was taking caused the edema.  Which may be causing the stinging legs..

She also advised to take regular aspirin or coated aspirin for pain. Less likely to cause other damage.

She feels if my sleep improves then the pain will lesson.  She says no pain meds are safe for  those of us in benzo w/d.

I'm so sorry we are suffering so much after all we've been through.  We really need each other to make it through to the end.  I know we can do it, no giving up for us.

Drew,.  Yay for ramped down head pressure and waning anxiety....you weather your sx so well.. so glad you are feeling better... onward we go ...hope you sleep .  coop

Ask my gf how well I weather it :idiot::crazy:    The persistence of symptoms leads to my health anxiety.  If these symptoms go away I'd think I'd be okay.  :laugh:

Nova and Coop,

I'm so sorry you guys are getting hit so hard right now. We've all been where your at and just know that it will pass. You both are always a beacon of light to everyone on this board and so I pray you both wake up tomorrow feeling much better. Your in my thoughts, jenny :smitten:

Someone on this site mentioned i may be suffering from chronic migraines and its separate from withdrawal.  Many of the symptoms are similar to benzo recovery(what's new :crazy:).  All I know is I used to get this shit twice a year until I started to taper.  The headaches were much more painful during taper.  Now, post taper, it seems my vision stuff and pressure is worse than the pain from headaches.  I also get them a lot now. About every few weeks. 

All I know is I'm not going down that whole dr route again. If I stll have them this bad and often several months from now I'll investigate further.

Drew- IMO its all w/d. Don't let yourself go down that rabbit hole. Migraines are a w/d sx , try not to worry. Jenny  :smitten:

Drew, I have been experiencing head pressure and migraine as well as dull headaches since June of last year...so about 8 months. Much worse June through Dec .. like you I now get the sx less frequently...sometimes even thinking that they are gone. I used to have migraines before benzos...in my experience my pre benzo migraines were much more painful and intense and had start and shut off times that I could practically set a clock by...12 hours almost to the minute. In pre benzo migraines I did not have the sense of pressure that w/d pressure and headache causes. I would suggest you go to the head pressure support group and read all of Minnie's old posts. She had the pressure and head sx for 7 months.  daily....and they went away. She helped me so much when mine appeared suddenly and I was crazed with fear about the head pressure.Mine usually have an element of d/r or cog fog and also vision sx.. not the color flashes of pre benzo migraine, but a weirdness of focus...but not really double vision. .more like slightly out of focus or when reading the lines are slightly wavy...I can still read but it's more difficult to line things up..but not dramatically. .....I know you could even pm Minnie.....How long have you had the head pressure and ocular migraine ...do you think there is a difference between your pre benzo migraines and your benzo w/d sx..? ...Green and Nova have waves of head pressure too...I hate my head pressure because it engages my health fears but my pre benzo migraines were far more debilitating. I was flat on my back in silence in a dark room lying perfectly still until they were over. ....Btw...I do exactly the same thing for my benzo head sx that I did for migraine. I did not use migraine meds because they didn't work...this is what helps me...an ice pack to the back of my neck...a hot pack ( moist heat) across my forhead ...over the eyes and covering both ears completely.

.....take care Drew.. .coop

Hi Jenny....how are you doing? ..thanks for the support..some tough waves going on on the thread over the weekend but things seem to be starting to  letting up a little for everyone.  Have mercy...this is a hard road..I don't know what I would do without all of you here....I hope you are enjoying  some sunbreaks and windows.. love to you. ..coop

Drew, I have been experiencing head pressure and migraine as well as dull headaches since June of last year...so about 8 months. Much worse June through Dec .. like you I now get the sx less frequently...sometimes even thinking that they are gone. I used to have migraines before benzos...in my experience my pre benzo migraines were much more painful and intense and had start and shut off times that I could practically set a clock by...12 hours almost to the minute. In pre benzo migraines I did not have the sense of pressure that w/d pressure and headache causes. I would suggest you go to the head pressure support group and read all of Minnie's old posts. She had the pressure and head sx for 7 months.  daily....and they went away. She helped me so much when mine appeared suddenly and I was crazed with fear about the head pressure.Mine usually have an element of d/r or cog fog and also vision sx.. not the color flashes of pre benzo migraine, but a weirdness of focus...but not really double vision. .more like slightly out of focus or when reading the lines are slightly wavy...I can still read but it's more difficult to line things up..but not dramatically. .....I know you could even pm Minnie.....How long have you had the head pressure and ocular migraine ...do you think there is a difference between your pre benzo migraines and your benzo w/d sx..? ...Green and Nova have waves of head pressure too...I hate my head pressure because it engages my health fears but my pre benzo migraines were far more debilitating. I was flat on my back in silence in a dark room lying perfectly still until they were over. ....Btw...I do exactly the same thing for my benzo head sx that I did for migraine. I did not use migraine meds because they didn't work...this is what helps me...an ice pack to the back of my neck...a hot pack ( moist heat) across my forhead ...over the eyes and covering both ears completely.

.....take care Drew.. .coop

Coop you're such a sweetheart :smitten:  I truly mean that.

I have been on Benzos for so long I can't remember a migraine pre benzos.  All I know is I don't remember ever having pressure in my head like this with a migraine until post taper.  The first real experience I had with the head pressure I think was about two months post jump.  I wish I could remember all the stuff but add in benzo brain memory issues and all of the symptoms I've had its all a blur.

My head pressure also adds in heavy dr which adds to health anxiety.  :sick:

I read the head pressure support group that's why I think it's benzo related.  I'm not going down the rabbit hole of endless tests and meds.  Anything else will most likely have to kill me before I go to the doc until after two years :laugh:

Drew- IMO its all w/d. Don't let yourself go down that rabbit hole. Migraines are a w/d sx , try not to worry. Jenny  :smitten:

Thx Jenny!  I just saw your post.  I'm not worried...I just thought about her post and it's now out of my mind. I feel okay for the first time in two weeks. If this was yesterday I would have googled this stuff for ten hours.  :D

Drew, I think it is pretty telling that you didn't have pressure until after benzo ....sounds like w/d to me ..I hear you regarding the going to the doctor rabbit hole...I have decided to put off worrying about medical possibilities at least until month 18...better at than on some days than others...lol....wasn't it you who suggested that to us...I thought it was a great coping strategy and I try to use it ...

..... I hope you wake up tomorrow without head pressure...we all need a break from this health fear wave....coop

Drew...don't Google stuff...lol...that's a feast for the Benzo beast...I am always tempted too...the crazy world of benzo w/d.  How do we do this...

Hi Drew.....

Just checking in to see how bbs on this thread are doing.....

I read about your migraines and felt I should share with you that I had horrible headaches during w/d.... along with horrible head pressure.....I rarely had a headache pre w/d....

I also had the weird diaphragm issues.....muscles in there felt really strange.....kind of a numb sensation.....it is hard to describe some of the sensations and where they begin and end.....

Everything is gone now......it was all w/d....I always felt that if I did not have it pre w/d that it was more than likely benzo related...... there were also many,  many times where I was scared and wondered if it would ever really go away....

Take care Drew.....it really sounds like you are making great progress.....minnie :thumbsup:

Hi coop....

Just checking to see how you are doing......so sorry to see you are still having some bad days......it just cannot be to much longer....

You have come so far....your thread is the first one I started to follow months ago...the 6 to 12.....that helped me so much knowing I was not alone.....

Take good care my friend :smitten: :smitten:

I'm going to start my 16th month in a few days and I'm suffering more pain than ever before. These body aches and pains have been going on for about 6 wks. I started taking LYRICA and it helped for about 2 weeks then for some reason stopped working and just gave me anxiety. This is 24/7 pain with no breaks and it keeps me awake. I got about an hrs sleep last night. 

I don't think I can go 2 more months without some relief.  What are you guys taking for the pain? I take Advil every 3 to 4 hrs, but it doesn't really help.  What other drugs can we take that won't interfere with the GABA receptors? Has anyone tried medical marijuana?  I just need some relief.

Korbe

Korbe, just wait for it to pass.  it will go away.  you might be making yourself worse with these medications. feel better.

Hi Folks ... had two bits of two hours of sleep ... and I see the thread is still going ...

After the first two hour sleep nothing much had changed ... so I said time to cook some more, fell back asleep ... after the second two hour stretch things have damped down ...

Had a wonderful dream ... I was out with Heinlein on the edge of tomorrow ... we were trying to figure out a better zipper ... we were enjoying ourselves ... and yes there was a sense of urgency about the zipper thingie ... and it would get figured out ...

At the moment ... no head pressure ... no gut pressure ... no throat and sinus congestion ... nothing revving ...

Just some of this flu like stuff floating around ...

Coop and Drew ... wonderful description of "then", "now", and waiting for "later" ...

Jenny ... thank you for the encouragement ... means so much ...

Minnie ... thanks for stopping by ...

Green, ..HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU♡...Celebrate.. for days and days. ..huge year for you.  You have endured a tough year....and you don't ever have to do this year over again.  A great year awaits you.  ♡...love to you....coop

Thank you, thank you!  Birthdays would be great if only I could start counting backwards 8)

I feel so sick, but no sicker than any of you. I feel such intense fatigue and just strange in my body. I'm down, but not depressed. This takes so long. I'm not sure I can manage the demands of work much longer, so silly because I've managed it this long. Just feeling kaput. Knowing I'm in good company here. Say to myself this is quite normal and also quite awful.

Happy Day to Green. I hope you're well. 

Peace2

Thank you!  It's going to get better.  Fatigue is rough around this time.

[move]HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GREEN![/move]

:yippee: :yippee: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :yippee: :yippee:

Mrs. :smitten:

Really ? Wow !  :smitten:

Sky, thank you sooo much!!  I am so impressed that you can do this, moving these images around! Your brain does too work!  All my life, I've know after my birthday, March 1, spring is right around the bend, and we're all going to feel a lot better.  (Sky, don't you dare tell me I told you that last year!  And, BTW, we do feel better than last year, don't we?  Oy, not as good as I would have hoped, but better. :))

HH...., first of all...Congratulations on month 20 !!!!...Yaaay for you !!!. 

......I can only imagine how stressful this must be for you.  So far you are doing great.  Just take it one day.  or one hour at at a time. Is it possible for you to have a 'rental' agreement with the mortgage company to rent your own home week to week u til you find a house. I wouldn't be able to leave my dog either.

......It's going to be ok HH.  The really great thing about your post is that you haven't developed acute sx this far out with the stress. I think that is a huge sign of healing. 

.....I am so following you and hoping I am where you are at month 20.  4 more months.. ..Glad to read that you took a break...with your dear dog.  Thinking of you HH...coop

Yes, HH, congrats on month 20.  I'm sorry about the house.  The worst part is the short notice.  Go slow, have faith, things will work out as they are supposed to.

Well. .here I am in a big bad wave...I really don't know if this is benzo flu or actual flu.  It doesn't make any difference.. I knew I was in for it yesterday when my head pressure came back....damn damn damn. ...I have had a headache , nausea, boatyness, d/r and health fear off the charts. I can't even turn my head without motion sickness.. I have been in bed all day...anxiety comes and goes and at times cascades ( wave on wave of physical anxiety)  It could be a tough but of Meniers...whatever it is ...it feels like acute again....just venting.

...When will I learn...I am not yet healed .....and 10-12 days of good doesn't mean I am done with this. ...I am 2 days away from month 16 ...and I can't quite believe I am feeling this bad. I couldn't get out of bed if someone offered me a million bucks. I can not find my rational mind and my benzo mind is having a big health fear party in my head..  I am so so tired of this...who isnt...I want my life back. I would settle for most of my life back. ...Have any of you developed continuous boatyness this late out

.....I hope all the wavy people are feeling better by tomorrow...including g me. I was really starting to think I was turning a corner....as HH says," GAW!!!"....So glad you guys are here.  Thanks....coop

Coop, it's been very, very exhausting, and challenging.  Inner vibes are back, that chemical cortisol rushy feeling, and I feel like I have fake asthma again.  Also, had a terrible faux flu head cold last week, I thought I was going to bed with it, prepared for the worst, and it evaporated by the next day.  Just to make the point, our symptoms are absolute bizarre, it's almost impossible to tell when we're really sick.  what else?  sleep is out the window.  not happening.  I doze and wake up startled and cortisol panicky.  fatigue.  so it's officially wave time around here I guess, you, me, Nova, Sky, all pretty close jump dates, all in the same boat. this is hard this far out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [be...]
    • [fr...]
    • [Li...]
    • [An...]
    • [...]
    • [be...]
    • [ca...]
    • [in...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [hu...]