Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

I'm going to start my 16th month in a few days and I'm suffering more pain than ever before. These body aches and pains have been going on for about 6 wks. I started taking LYRICA and it helped for about 2 weeks then for some reason stopped working and just gave me anxiety. This is 24/7 pain with no breaks and it keeps me awake. I got about an hrs sleep last night. 

I don't think I can go 2 more months without some relief.  What are you guys taking for the pain? I take Advil every 3 to 4 hrs, but it doesn't really help.  What other drugs can we take that won't interfere with the GABA receptors? Has anyone tried medical marijuana?  I just need some relief.

Korbe

Well I made it through my day.  Wish I could say it was a seamless type day.  What really bothered me is that even with the descent sleep last night  I found myself getting sucked into a deep depression that I was unable to shake off for a good part of the day.  Doing a bit better as of 8 p.m. but still just baffled as to why I ended up down this horrible path today. I like many on this board never had a problem with depression before being on these drugs....my problem was tied to anxiety and fear of being unable to fall asleep. Just shocked that it got this out of control today.  Hoping for a better day tomorrow.  I try to remind myself that this is not "clinical depression" that would require treatment.  It ebbs and flows for me....and is usually bearable.

Hi Green, ...I think you should never go back to work.  jk...With everything we have been through the entire rest of our lives should be all about doing things that are fun and comforting .

....How are you doing? I am still holding on to a decent baseline and today had some very nice sunbreaks...my d/r is lighter and my anxiety is still mostly quiet.. ..waiting for the other shoe to drop.  We are 16 months out.  2 months away from month 18.  I never in a million years thought I would still be doing this ...still with sx at 18 months.  but here I am ...coop

I agree, Coop, I should never go back to work!  But, as they say, I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.

I'm glad things are lightening up for you.  The last two days have been kind of hard, I'm not good at parsing out the symptoms, I just know it gets unbelievably hard to do anything.  Yesterday I thought I had a massive head cold, and today it evaporated. I guess it was a symptom.  Yes, 16 months.  maybe after this we get the improved baseline?  Let's hope :)

2 AM here ... got some good sleep ... took an ibuprofen for the in general aches and pains from the last couple of days ... a hangover as per usual ... just some jitters ...

I feel like a newbie spending so much time and effort talking about this last bout of symptoms and feeling so needy ... and it does help me to "get it out there" rather than my sitting around and suffering "stoically" ... I am still scared of those rabbit holes ... and I remember the state I fell into this time last year ...

And I suppose I still may be sort of an "intensity junkie" at times ... a bit of the "hey, look at me, I am suffering too" ... that is very harsh, and really unfair ... and I look in the mirror and wonder ...

This is such a roller coaster ride for me ... and all I want is some peace and quiet and a "normal" life ...

This wave is still hanging over me this morning ... and I got some sleep ... and feeling maudlin ... for now SNAFU ... situation normal all frigged up ...

Friday here in the Maritimes ... really wishing for Spring this morning ...  :smitten:

Korbe ... the only thing I have used for aches and pains is the very occasional ibuprofen ... and it usually comes with a hangover for me ... and I am fortunate ... I do not have intense, unrelieved pains ... hope you get relief soon ...  :)

Garton ... that seems to be the main thing ... we get through the day ... one at a time ...

I tried golf once ... ran out of balls too fast ... and when I pulled onto the driving range they asked me to use the parking lot ... very confusing ...

Now if I feel the "urge", which I don't very often, I stick with the miniature stuff ... not so far to find the ball ... and you only have to carry around one cue stick  ;)

I'm going to start my 16th month in a few days and I'm suffering more pain than ever before. These body aches and pains have been going on for about 6 wks. I started taking LYRICA and it helped for about 2 weeks then for some reason stopped working and just gave me anxiety. This is 24/7 pain with no breaks and it keeps me awake. I got about an hrs sleep last night. 

I don't think I can go 2 more months without some relief.  What are you guys taking for the pain? I take Advil every 3 to 4 hrs, but it doesn't really help.  What other drugs can we take that won't interfere with the GABA receptors? Has anyone tried medical marijuana?  I just need some relief.

Korbe

Korbe, I think there's a thread around here about MM. My experience was with a strong Indica variety, and it made my body feel very numb in a good way. My pain is not severe, but I would say it definitely helped me. Others might feel it wasn't helpful though.

Hi all...I just need some words of support today.  I have had these head symptoms for almost two weeks now and while I know it's withdrawal related my health anxiety is trying to get the best of me. This happens when a symptom is unrelenting. I have had two ocular migraines and the head pressure and pain is unrelenting.  I can barely breathe through my nose and caffeine and aspirin is doing nothing for the headache. Have a massage in one hour. Hope this helps.

Hi all...I just need some words of support today.  I have had these head symptoms for almost two weeks now and while I know it's withdrawal related my health anxiety is trying to get the best of me. This happens when a symptom is unrelenting. I have had two ocular migraines and the head pressure and pain is unrelenting.  I can barely breathe through my nose and caffeine and aspirin is doing nothing for the headache. Have a massage in one hour. Hope this helps.

Praying for you. Caffeine might not be helping...tons of water. I took Motrin and it helped me out. These symptoms are so disturbing. I'm praying it all gets better for you very soon Drew!

It could also be that travel is effecting you (the flight, time difference, etc).

Many blessings.  :smitten:

Drew, I get waves of this often. It starts with head pressure and feeling like I cant breathe through my nose, and then I will either get a dull achy headache with it or a full on migraine. I take ibuprofen for it and sometimes it works and other times not. Try not to worry, its just another annoying w/d sx but it will pass. I hope you enjoying your massage, let us know if it helped. Jenny

Hi Jenny ... thanks for your wishes ... I am realizing that right now being out on the icy sidewalks even though they are getting better and this deep cold is messing with me ... stress I guess ... gonna stay inside for a couple of days and see if this settles all the way down ...  :)

Drew ... health fear is a tough one ... drives me around the bend sometimes ... now I just tell myself, until I do a face plant there isn't anything medical going on ... hope your massage gives some relief ...

Thx lm, nova, and Jenny. :smitten:

I went into my massage with my head pounding, nose stuffed, and anxiety high.  The masseuse really worked on my neck and cranial areas.  She said they were "solid".  After about thirty minutes my sinuses started to clear and my pain lessened.  It worked wonders.  I'm calm now knowing it was the garden variety horrendous tension headaches we all get with a dose of migraines on the side.  I don't feel good but it's manageable now.  Time for a hot Epsom salt bath.

Thx as always.

Glad that helped for you Drew.  I can totally relate what you are going through.  Been going through some of the same myself.  Once again, hang in there.

Hi Everyone,

Well, my life is about ready to be turned upside down. Our house issue, which has been hanging over us for 2+ years, has come to a head. Even though the lawyers say our mortgage was illegally turned into a security and therefore it was illegally sold, the fact remains that it WAS sold and we have about 2 weeks to find a new place and move out of our home.  :'( Supposedly we can sue the mortgage company after the fact, but that doesn't help the immediate need of being told to leave by March 16.

The next 2 weeks will be spent frantically packing up our home for the past 15 years and looking for a rental. Oh yeah, WHILE I work.

Nothing like MAJOR stress while not quite healed. My family and I could certainly use your prayers!  :'( I'm hoping and praying that this will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, but right now all I see is fear and uncertainty.

Love,

HH

HH,

I'm so sorry! This seems like a very good reason to be granted a leave from work. It will all work out, but that doesn't take away from the immediate stress.

Thinking of you :therethere:

HH- you will be in my prayers. Sometimes things like this can work out for good and it might be good to have a fresh start. I know it is still an extremely stressful situation, but from what I know of you -- your a tough girl, and you don't quit, so I think your gonna be fine  :smitten:

HH ... so sorry to hear you have to go through something like this right now ... holding you and your family in our prayers ... this is hard and you are strong ... you will get through this ...  :smitten:

Good Morning ... did the sleeping thing for about 9 hours ... the "batteries" will be happy ... seems I had a long, long benzo dream ...

Driving around in familiar geography ... and I can't seem to find my way ... keep going down streets that don't take me to where I am going ... keep asking directions ... which never help ... nothing frantic ... no sense of urgency or stress ... sort of like a mindless akathisia meandering ...

When I woke up it took a little while to re-surface and get back into right here, right now ...

Feeling okay ... wave stuff at a non-intense level ... a low simmer ...

Hope we all have a pleasant Saturday ...  ;)

Good Morning ... did the sleeping thing for about 9 hours ... the "batteries" will be happy ... seems I had a long, long benzo dream ...

Driving around in familiar geography ... and I can't seem to find my way ... keep going down streets that don't take me to where I am going ... keep asking directions ... which never help ... nothing frantic ... no sense of urgency or stress ... sort of like a mindless akathisia meandering ...

When I woke up it took a little while to re-surface and get back into right here, right now ...

Feeling okay ... wave stuff at a non-intense level ... a low simmer ...

Hope we all have a pleasant Saturday ...  ;)

Nova, so glad to hear you were able to sleep. Hope you will be getting some breaks.

HH, read about your situation. I can't imagine what you are going through. I have lived in this  house for 4 almost 5 years and I am already feeling we ird about leaving it. Be brave, we will support you through all this. It would be hard even  without wd.

I had a very bad day yesterday, could not make it on the boards. today is my day off apparently, hope it stays that way.

Everbody, have  a better day of healing.  :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Bi...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [...]
    • [Tu...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [El...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [st...]