Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

fellow sufferers I hope we all get some relief today. It's like we are a wagon train thirsty in the desert and we will soon arrive at a watering hole.  Lost a horse or two but we are dehydrated but alive(forgive me Nova for attempting an analogy.  You are the master oh great one :laugh::smitten: :smitten:

I slept well but woke up with the sinus/head stuff.  I could have stayed in bed but I decided since I had a full blown panic last night(first one in about a month) I should get right back on the horse and work.  I refuse to let the fear of a panic attack stop me from doing things and I could sense the insidiousness of the anxiety/panic trying to make me focus on it.  So here I am and so far having a productive day.  If i get hit later I will deal with it then.  Been through the drill many times.

I would ask for the numbing agent that does not speed your heart....it can cause a spike in anxiety....you could also pm PianoGirl ,she had several dental visits while in w/d....good luck Peace....most likely all is well and you don't have a cavity and you won't need anything at all...but it's always good to know what you want to say in the case of treatment...I think you are brave to go at all....coop

Drew,.  You are definitely one of the Nike peeps....just do it. I admire you guys. We all deal with this individually...some push through ...some have to push through and some of us like me are careful and methodical. I always feel on some lesser level when I read the posts of all of you Nike peeps...I have to remind myself that this is a support team and healing is individual and I am doing the very best I can ...and we are all going to heal no matter how we go about it....Still...you guys are going to work and the dentist and I am calling it a good day when I am able to putter and shop and take my dog out 3/4 x a day....and I am 65.. the age card. 

......I hope your day opens up to no anxiety and no distraction...one of these days I will be back volunteering...you Nike peeps are my inspiration.....coop

Hi Peace,

I just had a mini procedure done that required a local anesthetic, so I requested lidocaine without epinephrine - just like a few have mentioned :) No issues here :)

Take care,

Mrs. :smitten:

Hey Coop ... for exercise today I am listening to the wind blow outside ... and I get up from my chair every 20 minutes to check to see if it is still daylight out ... then for the strenuous stuff ... I make toast ... spreading the butter takes a lot of mental concentration ... and I am 67 ...  :D

Nova...♡ ......thanks so much for the laugh...you are the best...yes, listening to the wind is excellent exercise ..lol

.....How are you doing..I hope the head stuff is letting go...it is so annoying and worrisome. I have a hard time distracting from it.

....My wave continues to lift ( crossing my fingers)...it's taking awhile that last wave definitely sucked the wind out of my sails. Yesterday opened up to a near effortless mind day. This morning a little yuk when I woke up. and like you, a little headache and slight boat ....but a pretty good baseline underneath it all....but just happily puttering today

.....you are so great Nova...we love you.  .coop

Coop ... woke up feeling pretty good ... then the "stranglies" showed up ... then they left and the head pressure showed up ... kind of a tag team thing I think ... not a bad day ... too cold to go outside today, big northeast wind ... should be able to get out tomorrow ... just puttering around ... all is good ... we are getting there ...

Hope you have a really good day ...  :smitten:

Hey Coop ... for exercise today I am listening to the wind blow outside ... and I get up from my chair every 20 minutes to check to see if it is still daylight out ... then for the strenuous stuff ... I make toast ... spreading the butter takes a lot of mental concentration ... and I am 67 ...  :D

:smitten:

Sounds like a very busy day, the kind of busy I would love to have!

Fear and anxiety in full force today. Lots of Nausea today as well. My hardest day yet while at work. This is day 3 of this. Hopefully it will break soon. I tend to have 4-6 days like this each month now. So discouraging though. I can feel all of the nerves in my body vibrating. So strange.

I'm struggle to stay focused. I feel so dumb with w/d. I feel like learning is so hard and nothing makes sense. Anyone else feel stupid from withdrawal?  I want a new brain!!

Sasquach, most of us here are less intelligent, to put it mildly. When I teach, I have to completely avoid some topics because they are beyond me, and I don't dare risk a student asking me a question ! ANd it has happened so often. The "Just do it " attitude does not do it in this case, stupid is stupid. If I had tried to do go back to work , as things are now, I would have been fired ten times over .

And the list of things to avoid doing because I am less intelligent is so long. For example, I don't handle money or credit cards anymore , after many losses made it necessary.

THere was EricB, he is a maths professor at college, and I remember him saying how he could not remember some maths  problems and formulas.

So you are doing great, in my opinion. Don't fret, it makes things worse, when possible try to work around problems.

I am off to bed, today was ok nothing too bad happened.

Have a nice evening everybody. :smitten:

My thought for the day..

......The first year is survival.. the second year is endurance...and then we heal.....coop

Yep! So true :) I can't wait for the healed part!

Peace - thanks for posting the dental question.. I need to get my teeth cleaned soon and its good to know in case I have a cavity.

I'm home. Skipped the mild gym workout as that would have been too much. Cut out of work a bit early.  Us "just do it" peeps also know when pushing is counterproductive.  I accomplished my goal of not letting the panic/fear win over me for today. I had waves of it at work but it didn't scare me to the second self induced level of freak out.  :P.  Now I'm off for a much needed nap.  Hang tight all :smitten:

Sass, ...I think everyone here on our thread are all such smart ant witty people....and I think everyone of us has excruciating 'stupid' moments...and days. In a cog fog I can't spell, sequence time, manage a heated conversation regarding my yet again incorrect cable bill ( I may have stupid moments but I don't begin to be as endlessly stupid as the cable company), and have problems planning beyond the next 5 minutes. I worry that I have developed a dementia. On a decent timeline and most definitely in a window I am as clear as a bell and can twirl all those activities around my fingers and toes. I am so hopeful that this is all w/d and not dementia. I would not be successful in a roomful of preschoolers and parents ..  I so admire every single one of you who is working. HH and Peace have taught in 3rd and 4th grade classrooms all the way through

.....It is good that you started out with a 4 day week.. You are doing so much better than you were 2 months ago....coop

Drew, I think that is the key...just knowing when to power through and when to call it good and have a nap. ..and you are only into your first (?) week. ...rest well....coop

Sky,....my list of cog fog deficits looks just like yours. How you have managed to work at all..spend weeks away from home to take care of your mother....with challenging family members  is huge....I couldnt have done any of that.

....Is your physical energy still whacked? ...On good days I have fair to good mental and physical energy.. on a bad day I am done in by noon......Sleep good Sky.....coop

Sorry Drew....lol...speaking of stupid.  I was thinking of Sasquatch's post and posted it to your name instead..  there you go.. living proof of  'stupid' moment..  ..coop

Dentist was fine. The whole office is run by ladies and the vibe is just awesome. I have 'slight discoloration' but not a 'cavity' yet. So they're going to wait and watch. We talked about my med sensitivities and turns out they are very conservative with the drugs. For small cavities, they use no numbing agent and when needed they only use epinephrine free. I also sat for a new mold of my bottom teeth. And it was all ok. Effortless? No. But manageable.

Manageable is fine but I'll take effortless anytime now....

Peace2

Peace, that is great news. I went to the dentist about 8 months ago, thought I was fine and then started to get a huge panic attack sitting in that chair. I remember feeling pretty shaken up after that appt because I never expected to have that reaction. I'm a wee bit nervous about my next appt but hopefully I'll be fine. Glad everything went well for you  :smitten:

Green ... good to hear you are getting the outside support you are finding helpful ... I am very fortunate to have some here who will listen, quietly, and oftentimes reminds me that I am not seeing too clearly in the moment ...

Mrs Nova also gives me the confirmation that things are moving along for me ... even when I don't see it ...

;)

Thanks, Nova.  Yes, I really needed it and it's definitely helpful.  Mrs. Nova sounds solid.  There are some very good spouses on this thread.  well, it seems so, anyway :smitten:

Sky..how are you doing?..so sorry your palps and racing heart are back for a do over. Did you have a chance to get outside?.. I am still holding a pretty good baseline today..a decent window today and still relief from head pressure and zaps.. holding my breath...are you still in an every other day pattern of windows and sx...hope tomorrow is the up side that keeps going stong for a long window....coop

Coop, it was awful. I could not get out, the weather was bad, it was palps with very strong vibrations. I was pacing, I am so tired of doing that. Now, it's better, thankfully. I sort of hoped this sort of stuff was gone for good, what wishful thinking.

The pattern is an every other day, except for the last 3-4 days, which were non stop. Don't know what to say about that, it's nuts. ANd I keep biting my tongue in the same place over and over, I catch myself doing it, it's been days now. I'm  tired of being nuts.

But today, is a lovely day, still some snow but sunny. I have a few complex lessons, but it's a lighter day so I do hope to get out.

I always try to manage a pre lunch walk, it soothes me so much. Have a better day everyone. :smitten:

Sky, I'm so sorry.  And you're not nuts, you're perfectly normal around here :smitten:  Hoping for better days for all of us. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Bi...]
    • [...]
    • [je...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [TH...]
    • [...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [...]
    • [Je...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [ha...]