Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[1d...]

[1d...]

:)>:D:smitten:

I'm off to the DMV, Snow

This could present some real opportunities for exercising umm patience and those kinds of things

;)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

:)>:D:smitten:

I'm off to the DMV, Snow

This could present some real opportunities for exercising umm patience and those kinds of things

;)

Well, in that case Ins...drive safely :) Try your best to be tactful. :)

http://41.media.tumblr.com/14fca0dd0161a72cb9c179f37bd37951/tumblr_nbrcs8BFpx1r51oypo10_1280.jpg

The love of conflict is most evident when opposing forces join sides to defeat the peacemaker.

- Criss Jami

BEAUTIFUL IMAGE!!!

IF YOU CAN...PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME...

WHO...IS THE PEACEMAKER?

THANK YOU...

FB :smitten:

Thank you for the question

I do not know specifically who the peacemaker is -

Is this quote about the strategy of enemies becoming friends to overpower or control what they wish to oppose?  Not sure

Hope others will help here

I believe this may explain the quote ~ Some love to destroy peace love harmony etc. so much that their lives evolve around conflict hatred etc . and will do whatever to please their cruel desires as it`s all they know or want so if needed they will form a bigger Army or Alliance to defeat the one or thing that promotes peace ~Huggs ~CD

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wtyolx7Ofrk/U5n4d1cWNKI/AAAAAAAAAWQ/RtNeobwH6QM/s1600/Quotation-Washington-Irving-grief-weakness-tears-love-power-Meetville-Quotes-130806.jpg

[1d...]

http://41.media.tumblr.com/14fca0dd0161a72cb9c179f37bd37951/tumblr_nbrcs8BFpx1r51oypo10_1280.jpg

The love of conflict is most evident when opposing forces join sides to defeat the peacemaker.

- Criss Jami

BEAUTIFUL IMAGE!!!

WHO...IS THE PEACEMAKER?

THANK YOU...

Is this quote about the strategy of enemies becoming friends to overpower or control what they wish to oppose?  Not sure

I believe this may explain the quote ~ Some love to destroy peace love harmony etc. so much that their lives evolve around conflict hatred etc . and will do whatever to please their cruel desires as it`s all they know or want so if needed they will form a bigger Army or Alliance to defeat the one or thing that promotes peace ~Huggs ~CD

I like your interpretation, CD

Thank you for this.

I hope you were able to relax yesterday and that you're feeling better.

Love, Ins :smitten:

[1d...]

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wtyolx7Ofrk/U5n4d1cWNKI/AAAAAAAAAWQ/RtNeobwH6QM/s1600/Quotation-Washington-Irving-grief-weakness-tears-love-power-Meetville-Quotes-130806.jpg

Hi Vasilisa

There is so much truth in this quote.

Thank you!

Hope things are improving for you

Please take good care of yourself

Lots of love to you, Ins :smitten:

[1d...]

~~~

And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees,

just as things grow in fast movies,

I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.

― F. Scott Fitzgerald

~~~

- Criss Jami

BEAUTIFUL IMAGE!!!

WHO...IS THE PEACEMAKER?

THANK YOU...

Thank you for this.

INS. if i see a Quote and there are some really great ones posted on here i always need to read them and seek the meaning in them .This one i thought long and hard on and i just gave my take on what i felt as this Quote could turn into a long deep conversation! I am keeping busy got lots to get caught up on and with all this crazy W/D going on simple things can not be so simple but i keep pushing and hope your doing the same .Huggs ~CD

[1d...]

- Criss Jami

BEAUTIFUL IMAGE!!!

WHO...IS THE PEACEMAKER?

THANK YOU...

Thank you for this.

INS. if i see a Quote and there are some really great ones posted on here i always need to read them and seek the meaning in them .This one i thought long and hard on and i just gave my take on what i felt as this Quote could turn into a long deep conversation! I am keeping busy got lots to get caught up on and with all this crazy W/D going on simple things can not be so simple but i keep pushing and hope your doing the same .Huggs ~CD

Good Morning, CD

These quotes are thought-provoking and many different perspectives can be taken.

I appreciate your insight, my friend.

Same with me ... trying to get caught up on a lot of things and pushing forward through the symptoms.

Hope you get some time to relax today.  Will be a busy one for me.

Much love to you, Ins :smitten:

- Criss Jami

BEAUTIFUL IMAGE!!!

WHO...IS THE PEACEMAKER?

THANK YOU...

Thank you for this.

Good Morning, CD

These quotes are thought-provoking and many different perspectives can be taken.

Same with me ... trying to get caught up on a lot of things and pushing forward through the symptoms.

Good Morning all!!!

Ya know, my take on it comes from what i would expound on with the chaos idea...folks who live in and by chaos do so because the playing field is level for them. It allows them a modicum of control in an uncontrollable situation; further, it does NOT allow control by others in an uncontrollable situation. Since conflict is a struggle for control(power), chaos is a tool for diversion. The coming together of opposing forces to destroy a common enemy(peacemaker) is a common weapon of conflict. Kinda like early elimination rounds. Just my way-too-early-in-the-morning-for-this-stuff take on it...tex

[1d...]

- Criss Jami

BEAUTIFUL IMAGE!!!

WHO...IS THE PEACEMAKER?

THANK YOU...

Thank you for this.

Good Morning, CD

Good Morning all!!!

Ya know, my take on it comes from what i would expound on with the chaos idea...folks who live in and by chaos do so because the playing field is level for them. It allows them a modicum of control in an uncontrollable situation; further, it does NOT allow control by others in an uncontrollable situation. Since conflict is a struggle for control(power), chaos is a tool for diversion. The coming together of opposing forces to destroy a common enemy(peacemaker) is a common weapon of conflict. Kinda like early elimination rounds. Just my way-too-early-in-the-morning-for-this-stuff take on it...tex

Excellent insight :thumbsup:

:smitten:

- Criss Jami

BEAUTIFUL IMAGE!!!

WHO...IS THE PEACEMAKER?

THANK YOU...

Thank you for this.

Good Morning, CD

Good Morning all!!!

Nice takes on it, CD, Tex :) Very interesting. There's alot of truth to this quote. In this world, I see this day after day. I wonder what would happen if everyone was a peacemaker. hmmm :idiot: Would it upset the balance of this chaotic world we live in? How can chaos be a facilitator of balance?  :idiot: I guess chaos could be considered a necessary component for balance and harmony, by some. Personally, I think its a waste of time and energy. The extreme competitive nature of this modern world we live in has become (IMO) counterproductive  beyond what was originally intended. Intended by who? hmmmm :angel:

Snowy :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

That is so true. The number of times I want to say something and then stop myself because it will provoke trouble.

Here is a quote by Jon Kabat Zinn.

It is remarkable how liberating it feels to be able to see that your thoughts are just thoughts and they are not 'you' or 'reality'.

http://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2012/12/30/26938/big_thumb_a941034ab07c445ce6257374d6698628.jpg

"WHAT LIES BEHIND THOSE EYES"

FB

FB, not even sure what to say about this song go listen to some country you need to get smiling !

http://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2012/12/30/26938/big_thumb_a941034ab07c445ce6257374d6698628.jpg

FB

FB, not even sure what to say about this song go listen to some country you need to get smiling !

CD..JUST AN IMAGE I LIKED, AND IT MADE ME THINK ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON BEHIND THOSE EYES.

PERHAPS IT'S TO GLUM FOR THIS THREAD.

I RE*POSTED IT TO META*FM.

HOWEVER, I DO STAND BEHIND THE IMAGE I POSTED...I THINK SHES BEAUTIFUL.

COUNTRY CAN BE JUST AS SAD AS ANYTHING ELSE...DONT' YA THINK?

FB

FB

CD..JUST AN IMAGE I LIKED, AND IT MADE ME THINK ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON BEHIND THOSE EYES.

PERHAPS IT'S TO GLUM FOR THIS THREAD.

I RE*POSTED IT TO META*FM.

HOWEVER, I DO STAND BEHIND THE IMAGE I POSTED...I THINK SHES BEAUTIFUL.

COUNTRY CAN BE JUST AS SAD AS ANYTHING ELSE...DONT' YA THINK?

FB

FB, YES country can be sad or happy or both i posted a couple of in between songs i just got concerned with you posting this song and yes who knows what one is thinking or going thru the eyes do not tell you that and yes it a nice picture! I hope your doing better? ~CD

[1d...]

- Criss Jami

BEAUTIFUL IMAGE!!!

WHO...IS THE PEACEMAKER?

THANK YOU...

Thank you for this.

Good Morning, CD

Good Morning all!!!

Nice takes on it, CD, Tex :) Very interesting. There's alot of truth to this quote. In this world, I see this day after day. I wonder what would happen if everyone was a peacemaker. hmmm :idiot: Would it upset the balance of this chaotic world we live in? How can chaos be a facilitator of balance?  :idiot: I guess chaos could be considered a necessary component for balance and harmony, by some. Personally, I think its a waste of time and energy. The extreme competitive nature of this modern world we live in has become (IMO) counterproductive  beyond what was originally intended. Intended by who? hmmmm :angel:

Snowy :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

what would happen if everyone was a peacemaker...

Good question,  Snow

:thumbsup::smitten:

Wish we could find out

[1d...]

f989c2f53046d1b52791fd423971bd63.jpg

:)

That is so true. The number of times I want to say something and then stop myself because it will provoke trouble.

Here is a quote by Jon Kabat Zinn.

It is remarkable how liberating it feels to be able to see that your thoughts are just thoughts and they are not 'you' or 'reality'.

Thank you!

Great quotes  :thumbsup::smitten:

[1d...]

Sadness is a super important thing not to be ashamed about but to include in our lives. One of the bigger problems with sadness or depression is there's so much shame around it. If you have it you're a failure. You are felt as being very unattractive.

- Mike Mills

Sadness is a super important thing not to be ashamed about but to include in our lives. One of the bigger problems with sadness or depression is there's so much shame around it. If you have it you're a failure. You are felt as being very unattractive.

- Mike Mills

TALK ABOUT HITTING MY NAIL RIGHT ON MY HEAD...

FB :-[

- Mike Mills

TALK ABOUT HITTING MY NAIL RIGHT ON MY HEAD...

FB :-[

Aww, fluter...This is a stigma...we all know different.  :) Everybody has sadness. You are a beautiful, caring, sensitive person. Much better than a cold fish. You should be proud.  8)  :smitten:

Snowy :therethere:

- Mike Mills

So very true Ins. I wish this was more recognized as a strength rather than a weakness. :smitten:

Snowy