Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Quotes, Poems, Phrases, Images

[99...]

FB,There is no Love in this world like that Lov a Parent holds in thier Heart for a Child ~ CD

Do Not Lead Me For I May Not Follow ~ Do Not Follow Me For I May Not Lead You ~ Just Walk Beside Me And Be My Friend ! ! ! !

:thumbsup::smitten:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [...]

• [sn...]

• [ca...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluebell, for those of us who feel like they're on a little boat that's being blown around on a choppy ocean, that calm scene looks quite lovely!

http://i.imgur.com/iRMC9A6.jpg

Where I was today.

Blue :smitten:

Blue, have my slip for my Boat paid for me not just need for ice out to get her in can`t wait to see the Rockin and Rollin my head will be doing to me this season lol ! ~CD

[99...]

http://www.paintingmania.com/arts/camille-pissarro/medium/portrait-jeanne-artists-daughter-55_8264.jpg

"The Artist's Daughter"

Camille Pissarro (1872)

Life is like an onion; you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

-Carl Sandburg

Without inspiration, we're all like a box of matches that will never be lit.

-David Archuleta

Life is like the river, sometimes it sweeps you gently along

and sometimes the rapids come out of nowhere.

-Emma Smith

Sending love to you this Sunday evening, dear Snow.

Hugs, Ins  :hug:

Aww, Thank you so much Ins.  :smitten: You're so kind.  :) Beautiful quotes and picture. The quotes really resonate with me quite well, especially these days.  :)

Love, Snowy

[99...]

Sending love to you this Sunday evening, dear Snow.

Hugs, Ins  :hug:

Aww, Thank you so much Ins.  :smitten: You're so kind.  :) Beautiful quotes and picture. The quotes really resonate with me quite well, especially these days.  :)

Love, Snowy

:hug::smitten:

[99...]

That was the thing about words, they were clear and specific--chair, eye, stone--but when you talked about feelings, words were too stiff, they were this and not that, they couldn't include all the meanings. In defining, they always left something out.

― Janet Fitch

We stop other people from crying because we cannot stand the sounds and movements of their bodies. It threatens our own rigidity. It induces similar feelings in ourselves which we dare not express and it evokes a resonance in our own bodies which we resist.

― Alexander Lowen

http://www.olga-gouskova.be/images/painting%20of%20women-gouskova-%20Thinking%20of%20You%2081.jpg

Please don't give me words; give me a hug. Don't tell me that I'm holding up so well; break down with me and admit our shared wretchedness. Don't feign some bright mountaintop; walk with me through the dark valley where neither of us can utter a word.

― Robert Dykstra

Just like children, emotions heal when they are heard and validated.

― Jill Bolte Taylor

Insomniac, there is so much truth in these quotes that you've shared. Thank you! Also, the image is just stunning! Even though I can't get out to go to the art gallery, I can enjoy some curated artwork here on BB, thanks to your beautiful taste.  :-*

That was the thing about words, they were clear and specific--chair, eye, stone--but when you talked about feelings, words were too stiff, they were this and not that, they couldn't include all the meanings. In defining, they always left something out.

― Janet Fitch

We stop other people from crying because we cannot stand the sounds and movements of their bodies. It threatens our own rigidity. It induces similar feelings in ourselves which we dare not express and it evokes a resonance in our own bodies which we resist.

― Alexander Lowen

http://www.olga-gouskova.be/images/painting%20of%20women-gouskova-%20Thinking%20of%20You%2081.jpg

Please don't give me words; give me a hug. Don't tell me that I'm holding up so well; break down with me and admit our shared wretchedness. Don't feign some bright mountaintop; walk with me through the dark valley where neither of us can utter a word.

― Robert Dykstra

― Jill Bolte Taylor

Insom, this one hit me hard and yet so much truth in it Thank You !  I hope all is well ~CD

[99...]

― Janet Fitch

― Alexander Lowen

― Robert Dykstra

― Jill Bolte Taylor

Insom, this one hit me hard and yet so much truth in it Thank You !  I hope all is well ~CD

Insomniac, there is so much truth in these quotes that you've shared. Thank you! Also, the image is just stunning! Even though I can't get out to go to the art gallery, I can enjoy some curated artwork here on BB, thanks to your beautiful taste.  :-*

CD and Lapis

Sending a hug to both of you.

Love,

Ins

Wow, good job on the quotes there, Ins!  :thumbsup:  Each and every one spoke to me very loudly ... even little David Archuleta had some good words of wisdom, how about that?!  :)

:smitten:

How about a funny or two for everyone today?

funny-buffalo-joke.jpg?w=640

width=500 height=465

http://webby.com/humor/i/Spring-is-o-it%27s-way!.jpg[/img]

http://www.raisingtroubledkids.com/wp-content/uploads/teenage-mouse1.jpg

http://www.funnyquoteslab.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/doctor-jokes.jpg

― Janet Fitch

― Alexander Lowen

― Robert Dykstra

― Jill Bolte Taylor

Dear Ins, or WWWI=Wise Woman With Insomnia  :)

I cant agree more. You are wise. Those quotes are written by others, but it takes just as much wisdom to seek out and find those hidden treasures that are buried all around us...and even more wisdom to understand the importance and impact they have in our lives. To take it one step further...It takes a great person, as yourself, to care enough to share these treasures with others...as you have.  :angel: Thank you Ins and thank you ALL, who have been part of this amazing thread.

God Bless

Love, Snowy :smitten:

[99...]

ABCD,

Thank you so much for the humor

Hope your day has not been too rough

Seems the easy days are on vacation

So glad the quotes spoke to you

Love,

Ins

Snowy,

Thank you so much for your kindness

How can we address all of these emotions

Sometimes I think we gravitate towards what is bubbling over

So grateful to you and to everyone who participates in this thread

Love

Ins

[99...]

I want to weep, she thought.  I want to be comforted.

I'm so tired of being strong.  I want to be foolish

and frightened for once.  Just for a small while,

that's all...a day...an hour.

- George R.R. Martin

http://xaxor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Harding-Meyer-part2-2.jpg

Harding Meyer

Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not;

and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

the-road-not-taken.jpg

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim

Because it was grassy and wanted wear,

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

- Robert Frost

red-forest1.jpg

ABCD,

Thank you so much for the humor

Hope your day has not been too rough

Seems the easy days are on vacation

So glad the quotes spoke to you

Love,

Ins

Snowy,

Thank you so much for your kindness

How can we address all of these emotions

Sometimes I think we gravitate towards what is bubbling over

So grateful to you and to everyone who participates in this thread

Love

Ins

That's for sure Ins. I guess we need a healthy balance of emotions, unfortunately, I have yet to find it. ::)

Good Night and take care.

Snowy :)

[99...]

PD

One of my favorite poems you posted.

Thank you so much.

Love,

Ins

Snowy,

Praying for you and sending my love.

Good night, my friend.

Love,