Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Tarot

[Am...]

Witchcraft !!!

Actually I won a Tarot deck around here somewhere....I dated a nice Wiccan girl once..and she gave it to me..never been used. :)

There was a guy that gave free readings at a coffeehouse I went to a few years back....Tarot Tim they called him....very nice guy.....

I don't really put too much stock into the readings, but if you use them for entertainment it can be fun.... :)

Tim

[04...]

Hey Amber-

I once went to a psychic, years ago. She told me a few things that have actually come true. I do not remember the whole reading but what does resinate was that she told me I would marry someone with a "J" initial; the hub's initials are J.J.J. and that I should really look after my teeth..funny, I have had so many tooth issue's it is quite maddening...and I take care of my teeth :o She also told me that my career path was in:

Acting- this was odd as I have never wanted to be in this field, am not in this field but have a secret desire to do a play ;D

Lawyer- never thought about it at all...but I am a debated, researcher, investigator my nature...also, not afraid of confrontation and wholeheartedly believe in standing up for truths...so you never know...I could have been the next Gloria Allred ;)

I don't see this stuff as witchcraft or anything seedy; just taken the information with an open mind and as someones objective point of view.

What did yours say? Anything resinate with you?

JB

i recently had a reading...anyone experienced or interested in tarot ?

I have a real beautiful of Tarot cards, kind of Indian (Hindu) style.  I used to use them for fun from time to time but haven't gotten them out in years.  Do you read Tarot cards or just interested in readings, Amber?

Tarot is actually used quite a bit in witchcraft. :)  I've seen it first hand.....with that said, it is still very interesting.  Most tarot readers stick to generalities to get people to open up, if someone bites on something they say, they merely expand on it.  If the person doesn't bite, they try a new direction.  I find them very interesting.  I also find pyschics interesting, but they basically do the same thing.  In a way it is like how a magician performs that type of magic. It's an art form for sure.

Now, I need to dig out that Tarot deck of mine....I have no idea where I stashed it..but I know I never threw it away..it was a gift of course ;)

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

hi Elijay.

i find Tarot fascinating and me and my partner use it regularly. They have been 90% totally accurate to the way I have been feeling and my personnal life experiences. Oddly when I am clean and well they indicate the cards of pain, destruction/rebuilding and when I have been at my sickest they indicate nothing but positive cards of strenght, the world etc.

Have you found your own card?

I found this very important. You use the mathematical formula of dividing up your birthdate like so:

if your birthday was on the the 21st May 1946 then you would add up the digits. 2+1+5+1+9+4+6 = 28

You then add up the 2and the 8= 10. Then 1+0= 1 = The magician

there is a varient on  this website:  http://www.tarotschool.com/BirthCards2.html  although i dont know why you get 2 cards. One for each digit I guess. There are many ways of doing it.my card is also the magician.

This then plays a significant role in doing a reading for the magician always comes up in Suzannas reading but rarely in mine. I tend to work creatively with my own layouts and I always have them the right way up.              books are good to get you started but intuition is the key to work out what they are trying to tell you.

• 4 years later...

i personally think its non sense ,,,,,all those mediums and psychics are good psychologists,,,,they already know

that people who are coming are being in despair, financial problems, health issues, heartbroken,,,,,,

my husbands family lived for a very long time in india Deli as expats,,,,his father went to THE MEDIUM who was considered an all seeing eye in India,,,he told some BS and that he will die at the age of 65 years,,,he was so frustrated about his coming 65 Bday,,,it came....nothing happen...now he is 72 years.....

:crazy:

[98...]

i personally think its non sense ,,,,,all those mediums and psychics are good psychologists,,,,they already know

that people who are coming are being in despair, financial problems, health issues, heartbroken,,,,,,

my husbands family lived for a very long time in india Deli as expats,,,,his father went to THE MEDIUM who was considered an all seeing eye in India,,,he told some BS and that he will die at the age of 65 years,,,he was so frustrated about his coming 65 Bday,,,it came....nothing happen...now he is 72 years.....

:crazy:

I disagree entirely. My aunt is psychic and has predicted every window and wave for me. Gives me a date and everything. Doesn't tell me if its good or bad. Just changes. And sure enough. They come right on schedule. She also predicted that Benzomamas daughter would meet someone who would help her write a book. Two days later her therapist told her to collect recipes and she would help her write a book. What are the odds of that?

[98...]

Ok disprove me......

LET HER PREDICT MY FIRST WINDOW!!!!

E.

I'll ask her :) We live in different time zones, but I'll let you know for sure once I get a chance to speak to her.

[98...]

From your signature i think you must be getting already 4 good days and 1 bad or something like that...

thanks again ,,,

At this time out? My withdrawal is all over the place. Lol. I never know what to expect. Ever. Its been mild compared to most, but my bothersome symptoms are always present. Its either a manageable day or a nightmare. And that depends on what my symptoms are. :(

I actually just had my tarot cards read for the first time on Friday. It was a random chance encounter....I was at a party for a friend and a guy was there I didn't know and he asked me if I wanted my cards read. I thought it was cool and pretty believable.

I freaked out though because the very first card turned over was death!!!!! He explained that it doesn't actually mean "death". Phew.  :o

• 8 years later...

Tarot is a deck of cards consisting of 78 cards, typically divided into two main groups: the Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana. Each card in the Tarot deck is adorned with symbolic images and holds its own specific meaning.

Major Arcana: The Major Arcana consists of 22 cards, numbered from 0 to 21. These cards represent significant life events, archetypal energies, and spiritual lessons. Each card in the Major Arcana has a distinct name and symbolic imagery, such as The Fool, The Magician, The Empress, The Hanged Man, and The World.

Minor Arcana: The Minor Arcana consists of 56 cards divided into four suits: Wands (associated with fire and creativity), Cups (associated with water and emotions), Swords (associated with air and intellect), and Pentacles or Coins (associated with earth and material aspects). Each suit contains cards numbered from Ace to 10, along with four court cards: Page, Knight, Queen, and King.

Tarot cards are often used for divination and gaining insights into various aspects of life, including relationships, career, personal growth, and spirituality. During a Tarot reading, the cards are shuffled and drawn by the reader or the seeker (the person seeking guidance). The reader then interprets the cards based on their symbolism, intuitive impressions, and the seeker's questions or circumstances. Tarot readings can offer guidance, reflections, and possibilities, helping individuals explore their inner thoughts, emotions, and potential outcomes.

It's important to note that Tarot cards are not inherently magical or prophetic. Their interpretations rely on the skill, intuition, and personal beliefs of the reader. Tarot readings are subjective and can vary depending on the reader's interpretation and the context in which they are used.

It works for me. My granny lies the cards down. She told me not to travel overseas in summer 2022. I should have listened cause that's where my troubles began.