Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[5f...]

Yes, I have 120 pills now. of valium . The script says 1 to 2 pills every six hours as needed..He is something else.. I need at least 5 a day to make 10mgs. (they are 2 mgs each). He probably will refill.He is just no help with tapering. Simply Chuck the ativan he said and take valium.  I found help here at BB. I hope Im doing the right thing lynn. momof one said I would be ok  one way or another.... :)  rosegal

mom is right. You will be alright! Just pick a plan and do it. Go with what your gut tells you is best. You have options, really look at them and ask yourself, which one am I most comfortable with and go with it. 

Lynnie

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[5f...]

Kgirl, I would like to have the same answers. I found myself feeling rather well last night, more so then ususal, and that was a real blessing, but then I wake and feel like total crap again.

But I was feeling like total crap while on kpin. so can't blame the V for that.

It kind of started like that...

You start feeling better here and there. Then maybe not so, then a sudden pretty good day. And so on. Ups and downs till you suddenly realize you have really been pretty okay that day.

For me, I feel better at night. I'm okay now during the day too, but mornings are groggy and shaky.

Kgirl, I would like to have the same answers. I found myself feeling rather well last night, more so then ususal, and that was a real blessing, but then I wake and feel like total crap again.

But I was feeling like total crap while on kpin. so can't blame the V for that.

It kind of started like that...

You start feeling better here and there. Then maybe not so, then a sudden pretty good day. And so on. Ups and downs till you suddenly realize you have really been pretty okay that day.

For me, I feel better at night. I'm okay now during the day too, but mornings are groggy and shaky.

Mom, mornings are a little rough for me, not bad, but a little rough. I then perk up. Late afternoons I start a little bit of going down and by the evening I am back to perky.  :crazy: 

I get to start combining in a couple day..get these 7  :idiot:  doses down to 3!!!

P.S MOM...what, no OJ this morning with my breakfast!  You know I love my Oj as I sit there and watch you drink your cup of coffee.  ;)

[5f...]

Yeah, same here Lynnie.

I used to get a dip between 4-7 pm.

That was about 2 weeks in on full Valium. With vertigo.

Now, I am alright during that time too. I won't be xs free but this is manageable.

I'm excited for you to do your combining. It will be so much easier to not have tho be busy with your doses all day.

What are you going to do?

You worried about getting more drowsy a bit again when taking larger doses after a combo?

Gonna go to 6 doses for a week at 1.5 each..then 4 doses for a week at 2.25 each..then down to 3 doses at 3 mg each. I even have my times all worked out and start on Monday.  It won't be much of a updose, just .25 I am at 8.75 now.  It will be fine. The drowsiness is no biggie..

How are you feeling my lady?? :) :)

[5f...]

Not too shabby. It's that time of the month, and I was really worried about me freaking out again like last month where things just went haywire. But that one came together with the cross over and stress.

Im way more mellow. Little jittery here and there, but nothing too crazy.

Things are kind of looking up, finally.

I've been feeling more like myself since September of last year.

Very hopeful. And starting to taper next week.

Lynnieb you are brave I can't even think now of following any schedule at all though I have been on this poison longer than you.  I have been reading Oscar's posts and think I agree with him - go slow and see how you do because the cuts catch up with you.  Today another bad morning but it is now around 12:30 and I am feeling better than I was yesterday even though I have a headache - I'd rather have that than the severe stomach ache and anxiety.    If I wasn't nauseous on the klonopin I would think it is the valium - but my guess is this is withdrawal from the klonopin with the valium needing to kick in and it will take time.  I have no choice but to get through this - which is what I keep telling myself - one day at a time and I will feel better - everyone here says they do if you do the c/o and taper slowly - so that is what I will do.  Rosy hang in there - but let your body tell you what to do - sometimes it says we are going too fast and other times-  like for me too slow since I knew I had to get off the klonopin quicker than Ashton said because it was making me so ill.  Love to all and have the best Saturday you can.

Not too shabby. It's that time of the month, and I was really worried about me freaking out again like last month where things just went haywire. But that one came together with the cross over and stress.

Sorry, Had to run the kids somewhere. 

Glad things are finally looking up for you. You deserve it!! This too is the best I have felt since Sept!!

I now know for now what that 80-20 means. I am out there and myself 80% of the time..running errands, shopping, taking walks, do what I used to do before this mess, and then there is the 20% blah time. I am sure when I start my taper that 80-20 will take on a whole new meaning, but as the saying goes one day at a time! I will take it! Got a pretty busy day ahead of me. Hope it keeps getting better for you!  :smitten:

HI all, May I just say that I hate weekends. Now that is so bizarre but I think its because I really have NOTHING to do and that causes my mind to go bippity bop.

So last night I went out to a meeting at our church and I actually hung around after and socialized  :smitten:

Of course this morning is a complete different story, gut hurts, head and neck hurt but just underlying anxiety

I almost dread taking my 2:00 dose because sometimes it stones me out. I was breaking that dose down a little but the last 2 days I took the full dose.

can never tell what it will do.

All I can say is I feel like CRAP every single day...and its getting real tired on myself and my family. I tell everyone, "listen, if you want to have a conversation with me and have me actually participate, wait till after 6:00pm :idiot:

So what date is it? April 5th and it was SNOWING here earlier!!!!!!!  I hate this weather where I live. Unbelieveable. This weather would make the sanest person CRAZY

[5f...]

HI all, May I just say that I hate weekends. Now that is so bizarre but I think its because I really have NOTHING to do and that causes my mind to go bippity bop.

So last night I went out to a meeting at our church and I actually hung around after and socialized  :smitten:

Of course this morning is a complete different story, gut hurts, head and neck hurt but just underlying anxiety

I almost dread taking my 2:00 dose because sometimes it stones me out. I was breaking that dose down a little but the last 2 days I took the full dose.

All I can say is I feel like CRAP every single day...and its getting real tired on myself and my family. I tell everyone, "listen, if you want to have a conversation with me and have me actually participate, wait till after 6:00pm :idiot:

So what date is it? April 5th and it was SNOWING here earlier!!!!!!!  I hate this weather where I live. Unbelieveable. This weather would make the sanest person CRAZY

IMO , you should not cut back or switch while doing this. The stoner feeler will wear off soon enough.

If you start messing with doses now, it might not go as smooth as it could.

I made that mistake ....don't follow me!

Oops, I didn't mean to make you think I am cutting doses. what I am doing is instead of taking the whole 5mgs at 2:00 I will take 3.75mg and then the 1.25mgs that I cut from that I add to the evening dose. so still taking 15mgs total for the day

is that not recommended either? I do NOT want to make myself any sicker. and definitely want to play by the rules. DR Peart said that you can do this

[5f...]

Oops, I didn't mean to make you think I am cutting doses. what I am doing is instead of taking the whole 5mgs at 2:00 I will take 3.75mg and then the 1.25mgs that I cut from that I add to the evening dose. so still taking 15mgs total for the day

is that not recommended either? I do NOT want to make myself any sicker. and definitely want to play by the rules. DR Peart said that you can do this

Sorry, Lainey. I misunderstood...I thought you left it out altogether...

:smitten:

[5f...]

no way Jose' I am not going to do anything that could make me any sicker then I already am :'(

Yeah, just making sure...

Im sorry you feel so miserable...A big hug from me. Hang in there! :therethere:

Glad things are finally looking up for you. You deserve it!! This too is the best I have felt since Sept!!

I now know for now what that 80-20 means. I am out there and myself 80% of the time..running errands, shopping, taking walks, do what I used to do before this mess, and then there is the 20% blah time. I am sure when I start my taper that 80-20 will take on a whole new meaning, but as the saying goes one day at a time! I will take it! Got a pretty busy day ahead of me. Hope it keeps getting better for you!  :smitten:

Good for you ladies :)

SO good seeing people come out the other side and feel ok again!  ;D

Lainey.. I'm still looking forward to when I can say the same for you :). Shuffling some of your arvo dose - when  you feel tired/dopey - to the morning - when you are still feeling nasty/anxious - may be a good move. Most of us don't have our doses identically split rather we weight them to cover our needs.

:hug:

Hugs from

Smiff xx

Lynnieb you are brave I can't even think now of following any schedule at all though I have been on this poison longer than you.  I have been reading Oscar's posts and think I agree with him - go slow and see how you do because the cuts catch up with you.  Today another bad morning but it is now around 12:30 and I am feeling better than I was yesterday even though I have a headache - I'd rather have that than the severe stomach ache and anxiety.    If I wasn't nauseous on the klonopin I would think it is the valium - but my guess is this is withdrawal from the klonopin with the valium needing to kick in and it will take time.  I have no choice but to get through this - which is what I keep telling myself - one day at a time and I will feel better - everyone here says they do if you do the c/o and taper slowly - so that is what I will do.  Rosy hang in there - but let your body tell you what to do - sometimes it says we are going too fast and other times-  like for me too slow since I knew I had to get off the klonopin quicker than Ashton said because it was making me so ill.  Love to all and have the best Saturday you can.

Kgirl, sorry I missed your post earlier.  I am definitely not brave. It took me 46 days to cross where I am. I am a big chicken and went slowly. I have already been on all V for almost a week, but I am on 7 crazy doses, so I am going to combine them down. I have a plan, but we know that can change ever so quick in this.

Sorry you are having some troubles. Hope it gets better for you soon.  I wanna sing that sing from that Christmas movie. Put one foot in front of the other, and soon you will be walking through the door.. :D

Lainey,

I know you are going thru some stuff, but may I say I love your posts!!  You can put a grin so easily on my face by just your attitude in what you write.  :)

It snowed here last night as well! I refused to believe it and just told a couple of ladies it was really pollen!  :D  You live in the mid west too?

Good for you ladies :)

SO good seeing people come out the other side and feel ok again!  ;D

Lainey.. I'm still looking forward to when I can say the same for you :). Shuffling some of your arvo dose - when  you feel tired/dopey - to the morning - when you are still feeling nasty/anxious - may be a good move. Most of us don't have our doses identically split rather we weight them to cover our needs.

:hug:

Hugs from

Smiff xx

Thanks Smiff! :smitten:

Lynnie, glad I can make someone smile, wish it was me....

I live in NY, and my particular city was voted as having the worse snow fall in all of the USA!!!!!

each day holds some kind of a surprise for me. I hate waking in the morning and wish I could sleep more, but adrenaline rushes refuse to allow any of that business going on. Nope, "Get you butt out and start the day a fretting" is what it says to me

so I pray and meditate on the Lord..and then I get on here to get my fix

hope you all are doing way better then me, I need to be encouraged

lainyek, lynnieb, pianogirl, ingrid, thanks so much for the support and kind words. I can't do this alone, and you and other buddies are awesome to be there for me...makes me tearful. Hugs to you all, Im hanging in there . Want to be my self again. Going to make beds and have another decaf. Sun is shining here in Missouri, Thanks for being here.... :smitten: rose

lainyek, lynnieb, pianogirl, ingrid, thanks so much for the support and kind words. I can't do this alone, and you and other buddies are awesome to be there for me...makes me tearful. Hugs to you all, Im hanging in there . Want to be my self again. Going to make beds and have another decaf. Sun is shining here in Missouri, Thanks for being here.... :smitten: rose

Enjoy that sun over there.  Think about a plan, but don't over think.  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Si...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [An...]
    • [ta...]
    • [Va...]
    • [No...]
    • [sm...]
    • [An...]