Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[5a...]

so Hi all, today is day 4 of all valium and for the most part its been really no huge changes, maybe a little less morning anxiety, oh well then theres the dedated feeling that seems to hit hardest in afternoon.

but I went out to Walmart earlier and I was ok. But when I got home I suddenly started to feel anxiety out of nowhere.

I can not figure this out. why?  why?  I just am so concerned on how am I going to deal with anxiety while tapering and once I am off of it.

do you all think that talking to counselor helps? I had tried it in the past and felt it did ZIPPO for me.

I just want to be free of anxious thoughts and worries.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[18...]
Lainey, I don't know what's going on with me, but I want to take my klonopin again. Ive come so far, and my official taper starts 4/6. I feel terrible today, on menses, and feel like I want my klonopin back and then I will feel normal. I cant do that. Im so close to the taper. :'(

[5a...]

so Hi all, today is day 4 of all valium and for the most part its been really no huge changes, maybe a little less morning anxiety, oh well then theres the dedated feeling that seems to hit hardest in afternoon.

but I went out to Walmart earlier and I was ok. But when I got home I suddenly started to feel anxiety out of nowhere.

I can not figure this out. why?  why?  I just am so concerned on how am I going to deal with anxiety while tapering and once I am off of it.

do you all think that talking to counselor helps? I had tried it in the past and felt it did ZIPPO for me.

Hey Lainey,

You're not alone in that. I can be doing an errand and be kind of okay. Although big stores and lights and crowds can be overwhelming still.

But then I come home, and it hits me.

You CNS is sensitive right now...makes sense that sensory overload is not helping ...

I do talk to a counselor every week. It makes me feel better and receive some tools to at least be able to deal better. IMO It would be working better if this was " regular" anxiety and not drug induced ansiety, but I still feel better after talking.

Maybe give it a try.

It is all part of it...ups and downs...and you're still trying to be more stable on the all Valium. It took me a good two to three weeks to get kind of evened out. It will get better... :smitten:

[5a...]

Lainey, I don't know what's going on with me, but I want to take my klonopin again. Ive come so far, and my official taper starts 4/6. I feel terrible today, on menses, and feel like I want my klonopin back and then I will feel normal. I cant do that. Im so close to the taper. :'(

Ingrid, it is not uncommon to have worse ing xs during a period.

I'm kind of out of it right now too and last month was just horrible when it came together with my cross over.

Give it a couple of days? It gets better once its over for me.

[18...]

I agree momofone, I gave myself a "talking to" and went for a drive. David Bowie "Changes" came on

"Changes"

I still don't know what I was waiting for

And my time was running wild

A million dead-end streets

Every time I thought I'd got it made

It seemed the taste

was not so sweet

So I turned myself to face me

But I've never caught a glimpse

Of how the others must see the faker

I'm much too fast to take that test...ccchhhanges...

Good moment for me to get my priorities back, klonopin free is my priority.

I know how you feel Lainey.

The good news is you might actually get free of anxiety after you've got off the benzos. I know a few people who thought they had anxiety. Would get panic attacks and were on K etc to deal with. Now that they are almost through their taper they feel less anxiety than ever before.

Getting through each day can be exhausting though. I hate the heart pounding. I have more physiological then mental anxiety. Just heart fluttering.. so annoying.

If keeps being annoying I may get a beta blocker as much as I'm wary on any drugs at this stage.

Anyway.. ultimately what I'm saying is: you'll get past each day and you may just find that the anxiety gets less not worse when you are getting free from these drugs

Thanks all, having a particularly hard day today. anxiety keeps rising and falling all day. And I am menopausal so can't blame it on that.

I just got scared when Ingrid said she was wishing to go back to Kpin :-\  How are you today Ingrid?

I was hoping that this underlying anxiety would be gone for until I started my taper.  having a real hard time focusing and distracting myself from all this.

Did you find this happen to you 1st week after fully c/o?

I will not go back to kpin under any circumstance, but I just want not to be feeling on edge all the time either

[18...]
Lainey, thanks for asking about me. I temporarily lost it yesterday. Don't know, on menses, am 50, sometimes get crazy for no reason. I guess it's time to do away with that extra bottle of klon Ive got locked away. I feel fine today. Yesterday, I kept thinking about my upcoming taper 4/6, and started fixating on it and on my upcoming vacation. Then had lots of stress with business, etc. Im ok tho, I will not take the klonopin. I will start my taper as planned. Im staying in the no klonopin lane. Hope things get better for you. I think we females have it rougher than the guys.

It seems the ladies are all having bad days - I am in the same place.  My final cross over was on Tuesday so now on all Valium and I am a total and complete mess.  I thought I would feel better but I feel worse. It was good to see that I am going along with everyone else so I guess our bodies - mine included need to adjust to the Valium - which is making me sick to my stomach, more anxious, total cog fog, and very 'out of it'.  I am glad to be off of the Klonopin but it never made me feel as sedated as I am on the Valium.  I guess I will just have to let my body adjust to the cross over as Mom of One says and then after I do and feel better start my taper - I am hoping that is at the end of April.  I want to be done but I know I can't rush this or I will pay the consequences of a too fast taper. 

[5a...]

It seems the ladies are all having bad days - I am in the same place.  My final cross over was on Tuesday so now on all Valium and I am a total and complete mess.  I thought I would feel better but I feel worse. It was good to see that I am going along with everyone else so I guess our bodies - mine included need to adjust to the Valium - which is making me sick to my stomach, more anxious, total cog fog, and very 'out of it'.  I am glad to be off of the Klonopin but it never made me feel as sedated as I am on the Valium.  I guess I will just have to let my body adjust to the cross over as Mom of One says and then after I do and feel better start my taper - I am hoping that is at the end of April.  I want to be done but I know I can't rush this or I will pay the consequences of a too fast taper.

Yes, it took me about 3 weeks to feel kind of normal again....

It's different for everyone of course,mbut the Valium is sedating you still and keeps building up.

Your body is trying to stabilize....

I had a bad time after the cross ov for a bit ( not enough Valium equivalent) but I'm good to go now.

Just that time of the month came right when I wanted to make my first cut.

Now, I will hold one more week. These are all things we will learn along the way. Finding our own good space and time for cutting and tapering and seeing the patterns. Trial and error a little bit, I guess.

Hope you feel better soon! :smitten:

[18...]
Yes, the valium made me feel so much more tired than the klon. But I could never taper directly from klon, tried, too difficult. So val, is my only chance. I don't feel as tired as I did at first, but sometimes a trance like feeling sweeps over me in the late afternoon and I hate that.

[5a...]

Yes, the valium made me feel so much more tired than the klon. But I could never taper directly from klon, tried, too difficult. So val, is my only chance. I don't feel as tired as I did at first, but sometimes a trance like feeling sweeps over me in the late afternoon and I hate that.

I hated that stoner feeling. I would just space out. Reading a book, 45 minutes passed and I did not read more than 3 words.

It will wear off. Mostly somewhere between 2-4 weeks it should be all gone, is what I see with most people. For me, it was about 2 weeks when it disappeared, by week 3 ...nothing!

[18...]
What I don't understand is, how can people want to use benzos to get high? :crazy: Its a terrible feeling to me, I don't like it...

well I am praying that you are right because today has been the worst since the c/o began. cried three xs already and felt anxiety most of the morning. Not as sedated, but that ususally hits me after 2:00 dose, then I feel completely out of it with anxiety on top.

Evenings have always been my refuge but I even got anxious last night, which really made me concerned. Guess I thought that the V was the magic pill that would make this all go away....not

I just want to have a few "normal" weeks before the Taper begins, which will be Late April/early May

That is of course GOD WILLING

[18...]

Lainey, I feel good or normal now on valium, just not during menses. I guess I felt crappy during menses on klon too. I may still be a little more tired than normal too, Im just getting used to it. I really want to see how I handle this first cut coming on 4/6.

Mom, did u cut on 4/1? I forgot, if so, how's it going?

[5a...]

Lainey, I feel good or normal now on valium, just not during menses. I guess I felt crappy during menses on klon too. I may still be a little more tired than normal too, Im just getting used to it. I really want to see how I handle this first cut coming on 4/6.

Mom, did u cut on 4/1? I forgot, if so, how's it going?

Nope!

I am having that wonderful time of the month as well and now I felt I should wait till it is all done.

There have been some stressful things going on in my life and then my period...so, I decided to hold off till next week. Don't want to go back there, to the hole.

Just waiting it out another week or so and then I will restart my taper.

I'm not looking at the calendar. Done with that. I'm going to make this as okay as I can...

Thanks for asking

[5a...]

Ur right,mom, we shouldn't be calendar obsessed, I guess best route is symptom taper? Seems to be best.

I have a general plan, but willing to hold and correct if needed. I do know how large I will cut to start with, and not to cut more if I feel okay after. I don't want it to bite me in the behind.

I had this plan all set up, but knowing how our cycles can mess things up, or when something stressful happens....by now I know better.

I won't be cutting anything if so ething comes up. The way I feel now,is the way I am determined to feel throughout my taper. I know it's not all in my hands, but I can control some of it by not looking at the calendar, listen to my body and discover a pattern.

To me, that is the most challenging thing right now. To watch for what happens when I do something.

My sister in law and nephew from overseas will be visiting for two weeks soon. There is no way I'm going to cut while they are here.

But I will just keep going after that.

And work around my cycle.

I know I will have off days, bad days and better days. It is what it is. I will try to feel at least 80/20 like Etown always says. 80 okay and 20 meh.

Once you've been feeling okay for a couple of weeks, you start trusting again that you won't be hit out of the blue. It does not make me panic any longer ( as much) when my heart skips a bit. It does not turn into " oh no....there we go again, and thus panic setting in and feeling all out of whack all over).

You still kind of go up and down,mbut it doesn't freak me out anymore. Things are more mellow and I'm just  riding it out.

I will be c/o soon. Do you feel better on the valium? Im on 1mg ativan now, was cutting .125 every 2 weeks. always in some w/d. do you think the majority  feel better on valium?  Im tired during the day from poor sleep, I hear the  v can be sedating..rose

[18...]

I will be c/o soon. Do you feel better on the valium? Im on 1mg ativan now, was cutting .125 every 2 weeks. always in some w/d. do you think the majority  feel better on valium?  Im tired during the day from poor sleep, I hear the  v can be sedating..rose

Rose, I think I feel tired on valium, yet better, because Im heading in a direction of one day being free of benzos. I couldn't taper directly from klonopin, so Im trying this way and see. Its my chance to do it. I feel that valium is def covering everything that klonopin did, like theyre pretty similar or else I'd be in terrible w/drawal. I haven't taken a klonopin in 4 weeks this thurs.

[5a...]

rose, I was soooo tired on Valium at first.

But things will calm down.

I take 15 mgr a day and I feel pretty good. Not tired. Not sleepy or sedated. It takes some time.

Rose I am on day 5 of all valium (no more KLONOCIDE) and until today I was very sedated but less anxious. This morning I felt more anxious and not sedated at all  :crazy:

When I took my 2nd dose (Mom and I are almost doing the same dosing 5mg TID) today (that's when I had been feeling the most sedated) I did not become a zombie, so maybe After another week this too shall pass

I will say overall I want to believe that the Valium was/is a good choice to go with for the tapering

Good luck and we have your back sweetie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [di...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [No...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [ha...]
    • [Le...]