Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[d0...]

Lynnie so Happy for you. I know this is quite an accomplishment. So, how many doses of all v per day will u do and hold for 3-4 weeks? Im on one 10mg val dose, holding, April 5 will be day 30, then I am going to daily cut .5mg, for 3-4 weeks. See how it goes. :thumbsup:

Ingrid, when I get to combine, I am going to try to do 3 doses a day! I am going slightly over what I should cross over at, 8.75, but i am going to 9mg, to make sure the A w/d is covered. I am going to hold right now maybe 5-7 day, then combine, then depending on how I feel, hold 3-4 weeks to make sure I am as stable as can be. I will not taper until I feel that I am at that point!  I am going to go sooo slow, a turtle will be passing me  ;) I am in no rush and want to be able to function.

So you are going to cut .5mg ever 3-4 weeks?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[d0...]

Good morning my cross over friends! It took me 40 days, but it is done! Today is my first official day of all V!  :D  I still have to hold for 5-7 days, then combine my doses, as I was taking 7, hold again for about 3-4 weeks and then starts the journey down!  :thumbsup:

Lynnie

:balloon: Whoohoooo!

Today going to all Valium as well - we shall see.  Goodbye to Klonopin forever and now I hope I can get off of the Valium!!

[62...]

Lynnie so Happy for you. I know this is quite an accomplishment. So, how many doses of all v per day will u do and hold for 3-4 weeks? Im on one 10mg val dose, holding, April 5 will be day 30, then I am going to daily cut .5mg, for 3-4 weeks. See how it goes. :thumbsup:

Ingrid, when I get to combine, I am going to try to do 3 doses a day! I am going slightly over what I should cross over at, 8.75, but i am going to 9mg, to make sure the A w/d is covered. I am going to hold right now maybe 5-7 day, then combine, then depending on how I feel, hold 3-4 weeks to make sure I am as stable as can be. I will not taper until I feel that I am at that point!  I am going to go sooo slow, a turtle will be passing me  ;) I am in no rush and want to be able to function.

So you are going to cut .5mg ever 3-4 weeks?

My first cut will be .5mg and I want to see how I do. Im trying to follow Peart. He says do 1mg but Im gonna go slower first to see. Then if I do really well, may try 1mg for second cut. Now, when I get down to 5mg, Im def doing .5mg cuts. But, Im going on vacation to Bermuda on April 26th, so Im wondering how I'll be feeling and may have to delay 2nd cut til I get home. Thanks for asking!

[62...]

Today going to all Valium as well - we shall see.  Goodbye to Klonopin forever and now I hope I can get off of the Valium!!

Good luck Kgirl :) I felt just more tired at first, but Im doing well now all on valium. Good luck to u :thumbsup:

Look at all of us c/o winners. Kgirl I asked Lynnie on another thread what she intended to do with her left over A. What do you plan on doing with your left over K?

And btw, good work. I know its been rough. but it was just preparing us for the real work ahead of us in a month or so.

we all will be tapering around the exact same time. what FUN :D  NOT!!!!! but at least we can swap war stories

Look at all of us c/o winners. Kgirl I asked Lynnie on another thread what she intended to do with her left over A. What do you plan on doing with your left over K?

And btw, good work. I know its been rough. but it was just preparing us for the real work ahead of us in a month or so.

we all will be tapering around the exact same time. what FUN :D  NOT!!!!! but at least we can swap war stories

Hi lynnie,

Burn the crap!

If my mom's dr gives her free samples, I take them and throw them out so someone else doesn't get them.

My mom's dr gave her cymbalta, a bunch of them and I threw them out.

I know at least one poor, uneducated person won't get them.

Oh Mr. my idea is so much more fun.

I am going to crush them into powder. then get on the highway, open up the sunroof and let the "POWDER OF DEATH" be sprayed all over into the air!!!! :laugh:

maybe some ants will eat up the particles and become addicted

:thumbsup:  way to go kgirl!!

Hi lynnie,

Burn the crap!

If my mom's dr gives her free samples, I take them and throw them out so someone else doesn't get them.

My mom's dr gave her cymbalta, a bunch of them and I threw them out.

I know at least one poor, uneducated person won't get them.

You know, I never thought about what to do with the extra Ativan..I might just work the punch bowl at a doctors convention and add a little zip to their drink! 

Just kidding!! or am I??  ;)

I find shall find a proper resting place for it where it will no longer hurt anyone!!

Thanks everyone!

I put mine in the medicine cabinet and one day will dispose of it properly I want to remind myself of the fact that it is there and I am NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE!!!  Also I read you shouldn't throw meds in the trash but I love in principle the idea of throwing little crushed pills out the window but in my university town probably kids will pick them up off the street and use them. 

I put mine in the medicine cabinet and one day will dispose of it properly I want to remind myself of the fact that it is there and I am NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE!!!  Also I read you shouldn't throw meds in the trash but I love in principle the idea of throwing little crushed pills out the window but in my university town probably kids will pick them up off the street and use them. 

Yes, all meds should be taken to the toxic waste dump, but they probably end up in our drinking water anyway.

Yes, all meds should be taken to the toxic waste dump, but they probably end up in our drinking water anyway.

So glad I have well water!!

I distill ours.

[d0...]

So, I took all my old meds and Ativan and AD and whatever else in the world I had and threw it in a ziplock and took it to the pharmacy.

I kept the jars. I'm lining them all up and stacking them and then I took a picture.

There are 27 jars. Enough to kill an elephant. But I got them all within 2 months time.

Crazy!

I love in principle the idea of throwing little crushed pills out the window but in my university town probably kids will pick them up off the street and use them.

can't pick up powder :laugh:

I took all my meds and threw them down the toilet (we have a septic tank) so it won't go into the ocean.  I really wanted zanax for the last 2 weeks, with this drama that is going on in my life and the panic attacks, so I am glad I threw them out or I may have taken one and then...............I don't think it would take much for us to get addicted again, plus I am on V at night, still tapering.  I thought of taking extra V, but have been toughing it out.  Don't think taking extra V is a good idea either.

Wish my tooth would quit hurting.  Something new in my arsenal of s/xs.

xo OC  :smitten: :smitten:

I distill ours.

I buy 5 gallons of purified water. I learned long ago about tap water. Don't drink the well water, just cook with it.

I distill ours.

I buy 5 gallons of purified water. I learned long ago about tap water. Don't drink the well water, just cook with it.

Even cooking with well water can damage your kidneys if the total dissolved solids (TDS) is too high.

I distill ours.

Even cooking with well water can damage your kidneys if the total dissolved solids (TDS) is too high.

Is there a way to get this checked out? We bought this place 4 years ago and we were toll we had pretty good well water.

[36...]

So, I took all my old meds and Ativan and AD and whatever else in the world I had and threw it in a ziplock and took it to the pharmacy.

I kept the jars. I'm lining them all up and stacking them and then I took a picture.

There are 27 jars. Enough to kill an elephant. But I got them all within 2 months time.

Crazy!

OMG.. Did you take all of them at one point or another?!!!!

[d0...]

Crazy!

OMG.. Did you take all of them at one point or another?!!!!

No,I did not..

We got meclizine ( it was assumed I was just having vertigo), zofran ( nausea), prednisone ( if you're dizzy, it must be an ear infection,haha), Zoloft, Paxil, lexapro, Ativan, lithium, the whole works.

Most of them I never took. Some of them only once.

That was before I realized I'm in benzo withdrawal. I was still searching for what was wrong with me.

I had no idea....I just got misdiagnosed with all sorts of stuff. I didn't know it was plain, gold old Wd xs.... ;)

Then I landed here!

:smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ne...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]