Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[ee...]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

yupper, as of today I am taking 5mgs morning, K in afternoon and 5mg V at bedtime

will stay with this 2 more days and then got to .125mg K with 2.5mg V in afternoon for 3 days and then all V all day

6 more days till KPIN freedom :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

I definitely feel a bit better on the V...K is soooooooo bad, evil in every way >:D

[c6...]
I think I will have been totally k free 3 weeks on Thursday of this week, cant believe it! I just cant get up from recliner to go hunt up my calendar. I guess it's on my sig, Im so lazy right now, feel like Im in a trance. Better than k tho. I will start tapering this v on April 6th, then maybe, Ill get more energy? Congrats that ur moving right along, keep putting one foot in front of the other... ;D

me too as far as trance feeling better then wired all the time though, I guess. Good luck on the taper I will be with you all the way

[c6...]
Well, my hiking buddy just called and she's on her down to my house for a 4 mile hike  :'( Somebody up there...give me strength...

so heres my question for the minute. Does this weird spaced out feeling lift somewhat once I am totally c/o? I will be completely c/o in 4 more days

left message with my p/doc to call me ASAP, regarding my new prescription. I will have no more V by Tuesday next week.

she had given me 30tabs because I originally was going to go Ashton c/o. But because I changed my mind and have doen Peart...I am running out

I am going to ask that she write out for 90 5mgs and 15  2mg for this next month. That's in case I feel I need to updose at all to stabilize before taper.

If I don't use the 2mg pills I will have them for my taper. Hope she doesn't have a problem with any of this.

Getting a return call though is an issue. If I don't hear back by the end of work day today, will be on phone 1st thing tomorrow morning. And then will call every couple hours till I get a call back.

can't run out of V, then what would I do?

so my c/o has been alright, I guess. No new sx just enhanced drowsy, spacey, floaty. dizzy.

Dizzy is the one I hate the most. Anxiety wise I think I have been a bit calmer, who knows. Still feel like crap most all day

So again, tell me this will get better before I enter the door of doom (TAPER)

[c6...]
Lainey, good to see u back ;D. Dizziness is my worst w/drawal symptom too, and it was always the first one I got when trying to taper klonopin by itself. About valium and being spaced out after c/o, in my experience, this lessens a bit, tho afternoons I get a spacy feeling, but it's not incapacitating. I sometimes feel off balance still, again, not incapacitating. I just have accepted it part and parcel. How many times a day will u take valium once u c/o? Just wondering if that makes any diff? I take my whole 10mg at night b4 bed. I finally got approval today from my pdoc for 2mg pills so im thrilled about that. It was tough going there for 24 hrs, her nurse told me no, but once I spoke directly to pdoc, I got my 2mg rx. Im very persuasive when need be >:D

Laine - It will definately get better. You may want to consider 2mg tabs so you don't get in the same boat as Ingrid almost did. The 2's are useable all the way down.

etown

[c6...]

So again, tell me this will get better before I enter the door of doom (TAPER)

That's how Im feeling, "door of doom (TAPER)"...good description...and I'd like to add "going to CrazyTown"... :sick:

[c6...]
I'd also like to add positive reprogramming thoughts..."I will do this, I will not die, I will thrive, survive..." :)

Just want to stop in real quick and say the cross over to #6 starts tonight. I am doing a straight cross over for the last two I have. I have had some inter dose problems and some problems with allergies/asthma and could not figure it out. Turns out it was probably the kefir I was drinking and the whole milk I was using to do my half and half. Usually the only diary that would set it off was ice cream of any sort. Now this too. So I am going to replace dose for dose with my last 2 starting tonight with #6. Also been having some inter dose problems come evening/night, which is the time of my last 2 doses to cross over. Cannot wait to be done with A!!!

Lynnie

Laineyk..this too shall pass! I believe I will be in your shoes in a couple weeks or less.  :-\

ingrid..I will need that positive programming once totally on V!  :thumbsup:

[c6...]
Lynnie, keep saying those positive things to urself...ur brain may begin to believe it :thumbsup: And I think its good that ur straight c/o. Do good, believe you'll do good :)

So far this cross over has been great. Just hit a little glitch..can't wait to see/feel what all V is going to be like..who knows what I might post. :laugh:

well, I was told by Dr that she can ONLY write one script for Valium at a time. So I can NOT get both 5mg and 2mg tablets  :tickedoff:

SO now what? what am I to do? ask for what 240 pills for a month of 2mgs?

UGH!!!!!!    I guess that there is no way I can updose anymore then what I am on. She wrote the script for 90 5mg pills. so its 5mg every 8 hours.

I would love to dose just 2 xs a day 7.5mg morning and bed. just don't know how I will do.

Maybe less lethargic in afternoon.

I see her in april (17th)  could she then write out another script for the 2mg at that point?

This is going to make me upset if this doesn't work out. The whole point of c/o was because there would be less cutting of pills.

thanks for all the encouragement about the being a space cadet. It would be nice to actually have a piece of my life back

Lainey:  I am in CA, my pdoc wrote RX for 120  2 mg V  and 120  5mg V.  My insurance paid for one, and because it was a generic the other one was under $10.  My pdoc had no prob with this.  But I told him, it didn't matter if I had to pay out of pocket, I have medicare.  My pdoc is retiring so I will be meeting my new pdoc in 2 weeks.  I am bringing my rx bottles, taper schedule and my present pdoc wrote him a letter along with my records that I was tapering off temazepam with V.  Cross fingers and hold hands. 

My c/o went well.  S/xs didn't improve still have all my awful s/xs.  But I am following Mandala's lead and telling myself that these s/xs means my brain is healing.....sometimes when I am in severe pain and shaking inside from anxiety, it is difficult to stay positive.  But I feel your hand in mine, so it helps!

Real Rabbits Blog, we need to find a name for our new thread.  For the fun people, we need to bring love and laughter into this Hell! Even if it is only a 10 second giggle, that will be a start.  Hmm how about the giggle group?

xo OC

[c6...]
Lainey, once I talked directly with my pdoc, she asked me if I wanted a combo of 5mg and 2mg pills for my valium taper, and told me that I could get an rx for both at the same time. As far as insurance approving it, I don't know. I just pay for my rx and don't go thru my insurance so I wont have to deal with their bs.

[c6...]
In my state, from what the pharmacist said, and pdoc, was that the dr makes the decision to prescribe it that way if he/she thinks it best for patient. The dea cant control drs like that here, but of course, that loony nurse thought so, or was trying to ruffle my feathers, and didn't think I'd stick up for myself. i'll have to see this nurse in june when I go back. She takes my bp and weighs me! I hope Im not soo aggravated with tapering by then that I mouth off to her and get kicked out of the office. I'll put on my halo b4 I go in :angel:

pharmacist said there is no reason other then insurance that she can not write me out for both pills. So when I see her in a couple weeks we will "chat" and have those written out for me

In my state, from what the pharmacist said, and pdoc, was that the dr makes the decision to prescribe it that way if he/she thinks it best for patient. The dea cant control drs like that here, but of course, that loony nurse thought so, or was trying to ruffle my feathers, and didn't think I'd stick up for myself. i'll have to see this nurse in june when I go back. She takes my bp and weighs me! I hope Im not soo aggravated with tapering by then that I mouth off to her and get kicked out of the office. I'll put on my halo b4 I go in :angel:

I don't care who you are it is just plain mean to associate someone like yourself - accidentally dependent and working on getting off - with criminal drug enforcement agencies.

She sucks and I'd tell her so ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [no...]
    • [Es...]
    • [re...]
    • [He...]
    • [Di...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [Th...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [ry...]
    • [de...]