Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[85...]

[f4...]
My first days on Valium, I spent a few hrs in recliner, listening to thewaterwhispers ilse & brain tingles on YouTube, in a trance like state. I felt best mornings & would hike then. I would think-no way can I deal with this heavy drugged feeling! But it gets better, as many here assured me & reassured me!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Mom I can't think of anyone who gets through a taper without some other sleep aid.. Etown can you?

I know you aren't keen on adding drugs but some of the OTC like doxylamine succinate are pretty innocuous on the spectrum of drugs.

And you gotta get sleep to heal lady.

x

I did!  :laugh:  BUT, I did not have any sleep issues during my taper.  The day I jumped, the sleep problems began and lasted for about 3-months.  During that time, I took many over the counter sleep aids, including trying 2 prescriptions, (Vistaril and Doxipen).  The only thing that helped me was Melatonin. 

I could not believe I could taper and still sleep.  :o  It was shocking because I took Xanax for severe insomnia.  If I had not been able to sleep during my taper, I would have tried some of the suggestions here.  To me, being able to sleep during my taper was extremely valuable to my being able to heal on my way down.  I was fortunate.

[85...]

Ugh, I slept only 3-4 hours....

I have taken melatonine in the past, but it does not much for me.

I had a stressful night, which didn't help.

The benzo had me looping in my head.

I will look,into something. Anyone taking unison here?

Sorry  :-\

I believe I have read on here that people have used it. Have heard it called by its active ingredient...doxylamine.  Hope someone else chimes in on that for you.

Tired! My oldest son came home from going over a friends house and out to eat last night, only to come home with a huge headache and he puked a little. That kept me up till 2am, so I cut my pills and worked on my schedule. Then my youngest was up crying and fussing from about 730-9. They are both sound asleep, and the rest of the family is at church.

How are you other than tired? functionable?

Your husband and son ok?

[85...]

Yes, hubs is at the gym.

Son is watching Flapjack on tv.

And I'm mailing to some friends, trying to stay in touch.

The diziness does not really go away. Better one hour than the other. But well.

You had a tough night too! Blegh!

I'm functioning to a degree. Doing some laundry here and there, trying to do some house work.

I cooked dinner last night but I just got too dizzy.

I shuffed my food in And went to lie down for a bit.

Then I got I to it with a friend and the whole thing started going down hill.

I'm taking it easy today.

Got the mammo results back, officially and it looks I'm good again for another 6 months.

Sorry to hear about you and your friend. 

And WooHooo on the results!!!!    :smitten:    :thumbsup:

Glad your going to take it easy.  Sit back, put your feet up, and as my kids say, just chill!  8)

[85...]

Sorry to hear about you and your friend. 

And WooHooo on the results!!!!    :smitten:    :thumbsup:

Glad your going to take it easy.  Sit back, put your feet up, and as my kids say, just chill!  8)

My son calls me " the mother load".

Haha. And he says "chillax, mom".

Kids are hilarious. When we don't want to strangle them :D

[f4...]
My son will say, "Mom, do you realize that you've been worrying about such and such for the past 3 days?..." And I will think about what it is Im worrying about and it is sooo inconsequential! :-[

hey at least you MADE dinner. That in itself is something I practically never do anymore. My Hubby does all the cooking. I can't think straight enough to be able to make a meal, unless its cheerios and milk, guess I could manage that.

wish me luck, I am heading out to Wal-Mart need a bunch of toiletries and can not wait any longer. I am trying to wait later in the day when I feel my best.

today I was not AS drugged feeling as yesterday. But tomorrow I updose to full 5mg for am dose so we will see what that brings me.

have I mentioned how much I want off this KPIN ????? oh I have? well may I say it again? I WANT OFF KPIN  NOW :tickedoff:

[85...]

hey at least you MADE dinner. That in itself is something I practically never do anymore. My Hubby does all the cooking. I can't think straight enough to be able to make a meal, unless its cheerios and milk, guess I could manage that.

wish me luck, I am heading out to Wal-Mart need a bunch of toiletries and can not wait any longer. I am trying to wait later in the day when I feel my best.

today I was not AS drugged feeling as yesterday. But tomorrow I updose to full 5mg for am dose so we will see what that brings me.

have I mentioned how much I want off this KPIN ????? oh I have? well may I say it again? I WANT OFF KPIN  NOW :tickedoff:

Well, good luck in the store. Walmart is the last place on earth I want to be right now.

Let us know how it went.

[85...]

Mom - how's the 15mg coming?

etown

Hey E.

I'm doing decent compared to two weeks ago. It is more predictable. Bad morning, better afternoon and just feeling normal at night.

I do get more vertigo every day. But overall, yep, better.

I even went grocery shopping and drove myself to Starbucks.

I'm sticking it out E. and if things don't get worse in the next two weeks, I think I'm okay.

Thanks for asking. How are you doing?

Walmart was a small success. at least I was able to get there and get what I needed and didn't really rush either. But coming home I feel like I ran a marathon..

Lots of stimulation with lights and noise etc.

I take Doxy which is its active ingredient :)

It works and is pretty darn innocuous.

[85...]

Glad to hear things are getting a bit better for you Mom, I hope things continue in that direction  :smitten:

Thanks bun! That's nice of you, how are you doing?

Mom I take Unisom with doxy, like Smiff. It works. I take half a tab. Also I take 3 mg of melatonin about 9 p.m. And I try to GET READY TO SLEEP about 9:30 -10. The same time and the same routine every night. Nothing stressful before bed. I also have "sleep music" that I put on the boom box. No computers (a Kindle is OK -- I usually read myself to sleep) no cell phones. And a cup of cocoa. Chamomile tea sometimes works too.  I need to "set myself up" for sleep. I do the above, snuggle with the cat, and go to sleep almost every night. But I had to work at establishing this routine.

Hope this helps,

Okatz

Glad to hear things are getting a bit better for you Mom, I hope things continue in that direction  :smitten:

Thanks bun! That's nice of you, how are you doing?

Hi Mom, I'm doing OK.  Stable I guess you would say, but depressed.  Acceptance is really hard for me right now.  I don't like this life and there's nothing I can do about it except live through it.  I just want to fast forward.  I did get outside today and got a couple of small projects done, so that was good.  Hugs to you!!!

Rabbit

Wow my friends are on this site too!!!!!!!!!! You are everywhere tonight Rabbit! Glad you all had a good day.  Wish I could say that. :smitten: :smitten:

xo Overcomer

[f4...]
The first thing I do/think every morning is see if Im dizzy. I never am! Whenever I tried to taper klon, that would be my first w/drawal symptom. So the c/o has not caused this....I am curious to see if the valium taper will cause dizziness...but I plan to go so slow and with using 2mg pills, maybe not? And Im happy,no depression on valium, which I expected somewhat. "....clap along if you feel like a room without a roof...clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth...cant nuttin bring me down..." Happy- Pharrell Williams ;D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [Th...]
    • [Di...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [ry...]
    • [de...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [di...]
    • [...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Es...]