Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

I was just mowing the grass and hit a stump....bent the shaft on the engine. >:( The good news...Now I have a good excuse to buy a NEW MOWER. 8)

hi joey i wish i saw this post at an earlier date but can you fix this mower if you use a thick hollow metal pipe put it on the stub stickin out of bottom of mower and twist the pipe in the direction right direction  to straighten it out ?also check the little shear key that shears if you hit something really hard a new shear key is only a few dollars its really small half the thickness of a pencil thats 1cm long

I too wish I saw this post earlier. I love BB! Not only can I get taper advice and support, I can get expert mower repair advice! So, how do I fix a hole in the mower bag. Duct tape both sides doesn't work nor the patch kits. I was thinking of McGivering nylon window screen by whip stitching it with 20 test fishing line. Waddya think?

Good thing today? My husband cleaned toilets and I didn't have to, or even ask.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

[e7...]

I can walk now in the stores with a little more energy. I'm no longer doing that super tired slow walk....  :smitten:

Glad that you're losing your benzo shuffle!  Energy is great stuff  :yippee:

I was just mowing the grass and hit a stump....bent the shaft on the engine. >:( The good news...Now I have a good excuse to buy a NEW MOWER. 8)

hi joey i wish i saw this post at an earlier date but can you fix this mower if you use a thick hollow metal pipe put it on the stub stickin out of bottom of mower and twist the pipe in the direction right direction  to straighten it out ?also check the little shear key that shears if you hit something really hard a new shear key is only a few dollars its really small half the thickness of a pencil thats 1cm long

Thanks Katie.  :) Handy gal ;) I did get a new mower, but that's great advice. Thanks again.  :smitten:

I hit a stake with a mower on e and bent the drive shaft...i put it out by the alley side of the garage, and someone took it...they brought it back two days later...no, it wasn't repaired... :laugh: tex

I hit a stake with a mower on e and bent the drive shaft...i put it out by the alley side of the garage, and someone took it...they brought it back two days later...no, it wasn't repaired... :laugh: tex

:laugh:

I too wish I saw this post earlier. I love BB! Not only can I get taper advice and support, I can get expert mower repair advice! So, how do I fix a hole in the mower bag. Duct tape both sides doesn't work nor the patch kits. I was thinking of McGivering nylon window screen by whip stitching it with 20 test fishing line. Waddya think?

Good thing today? My husband cleaned toilets and I didn't have to, or even ask.

hi bennie good morning !

im sorry i took awhile to answer here

um lets see i never had a mower with a mower bag , i always had side discharge mowers , its probably getting quite dusty with the hole in the mower bag . i would try doing this get an adhesive patch . if you tried this before and it didnt stick .  try putting some glue on it called gorilla glue that glue works wonders . you  wetten the surface first with water then you smear the glue on the adhesive kicks in . you can find it at dollar general or some hardware stores it costs $2- $3 thats one of the best adhesives i've tried it would be good if you could tilt the mower on its side if its a push mower and you could patch the sides this way and place like a old thick heavy phone book on top of the patch or something kinda heavy like this so the patch touches good against the mower bag surface . try to clean the mower bag surface some if you can just wipe the area with a moist rag cloth .also if your bag is made of plastic do this before you put glue on it like the whole area where the patch will be touching at  get some 80 grit sand paper you can find a single sheet of sand paper at your local hardware store for .50 cents . sand that area there the patch is going to be touching to roughen up the area . i really hope this helps you i had to edit this post awhile ago the sanding the area so the glue sticks better came to my mind when i was cleaning the fridge / taking out trash

im sorry i wish i couldve helped more i know more with like mechanical stuff on small motors

hi texasstar ! good to see you i hope you been ok its been awhile i wrote to you :(  hay texasstar did you check the gas tank on the mower when they brought back it to you ? haha the person who got your mower may have filled the gas tank for nothing !

[19...]

Last weekend (I know it's more than 24 hours ago), I went backpacking for the first time in many years.  Did about 10 miles of moderately steep packing in the Apache Kid Widerness (also did some additional hiking).  I had forgotten how beautiful and quiet the back-country is. 

Not bad for an old geezer!

I hurt like you wouldn't believe on Monday, but it was 'good' pain (if there is such a thing).

Last weekend (I know it's more than 24 hours ago), I went backpacking for the first time in many years.  Did about 10 miles of moderately steep packing in the Apache Kid Widerness (also did some additional hiking).  I had forgotten how beautiful and quiet the back-country is. 

Not bad for an old geezer!

I hurt like you wouldn't believe on Monday, but it was 'good' pain (if there is such a thing).

Bads:

Glad to hear you got out packing. I see solo backpackers in their 70s packing in remote wilderness out here. There is no age limit to this sport, for sure.

My daughter and I just got back from a 5 day backpacking extravaganza into the giant sequoias. Fishing and rock climbing included. Now THAT, is GOOD medicine for the soul.  :)

laser

Laser and badsocref, how I miss backpacking!!! :'( I used to go 4 times a year, each season. In the winter when its ten below zero you have the whole place to yourself! I developed panic attacks when driving and I can't go anymore. Theres nothing like going into the woods with everything you need on your back. When I was young I would pack 50 pounds of nonsense and run out of stuff I needed in three days. As I got older I would pack twenty pounds and be able to stay a week :D My goal is to beat this, go backpacking and share pics with you guys! I don't know what part of the country your in but I live in Ohio. I hiked the Appalachian trail in my early twenties. Red river gorge, New river in West Virginia, The Smokies in Tennessee, were our favorites.

• 1 month later...
I went to a wedding this weekend! I would not have been able to handle that much loud music or social interaction or driving even a month ago. But I actually managed to have fun and even dance. Definitely feels like a big milestone for me.  :thumbsup:

In the last few days I managed to get restful sleep. This cold (?) made me tired enough to sleep long past my usual set wake up time and get a decent rest. This is the first time in well over a year I've managed to feel rested (more or less). I look forward towards more of the same.

I hugged my neighbor and talked to her about Jesus and we prayed together and looked at all the pictures of Jesus she had all over her home.

Awesome Becky, brought a little smile to my face. :thumbsup:

This occurred two weeks ago while I was on a cruise to Alaska...

I won the cruise ship's chipping contest (golf).  Won a bottle of champaign!  And for a few brief moments, that little voice inside my head (the one that makes me worry and often tells me that I'm not good enough) was so astounded that it simply shut up and allowed me to really enjoy myself.  It was magical.

This occurred two weeks ago while I was on a cruise to Alaska...

I won the cruise ship's chipping contest (golf).  Won a bottle of champaign!  And for a few brief moments, that little voice inside my head (the one that makes me worry and often tells me that I'm not good enough) was so astounded that it simply shut up and allowed me to really enjoy myself.  It was magical.

I can imagine b, so pleased for you. :thumbsup:

I was able to laugh at myself, and not feel silly, it was just good to feel almost normal again, and I helped a friend that has reading problems to understand what a letter she received meant and then she gave me a big hug. I was able to let a bitter man not bother me and not buy into his games. I was able to see the blue sky and glad that I was present to see it again for anyother day. I was able to spot clean my carpet today, and had to laugh when it wouldn't work, and duh, I didn't have the lid on right. but then realized that I did not just give up, and my carpet looks nice.It was good to feel fairly well, and not feel sick today, and that I could put it behind me and go on with my day. To accept the fact that I matter and no one can take away my spirit, unless I allow them. :smitten:

I can be in the moment here and now and not worry about things i can not change, i can accept what the day brings, because i have more of a spring in my step and i can see all the beauty that i didn't see, because i was so anxious about what was going on with me, i can just be. :angel::smitten: because i was able to get through the last 24 hours. :smitten:

I can be in the moment here and now and not worry about things i can not change, i can accept what the day brings, because i have more of a spring in my step and i can see all the beauty that i didn't see, because i was so anxious about what was going on with me, i can just be. :angel::smitten: because i was able to get through the last 24 hours. :smitten:

Very beautifully said!  :smitten:  :smitten:

hi, thank you for the kind words, i  am so glad that i have another 24hrs, whether i am feeling bad or feeling good. I am 'FEELING' have a great day. :angel::smitten: 'perfect daughter' that is something, i will have to read your story.

in the last 24 hours wel like an hour ago i went to the supermarket to buy some steak & carne guisada seasoning so i can make my own carne guisada tacos !! those are my favorite i'll save alot $ too cooking my own

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [He...]
    • [En...]
    • [Ni...]
    • [MP...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [je...]
    • [Os...]
    • [Re...]
    • [BW...]
    • [Ro...]