Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What good thing happened to you in the last 24 hours?

[sa...]

[e4...]

I sang at rehearsal today for the first time in many months. I was trembling a little bit afterward, but I did it.

Excellent News Jenn!

Thank you. I'm trying. :hug:

That's awesome. I am a singer as well. Preforming is stressful PERIOD. I always tremble after. It's an adrenalin rush. So happy you got out there and sang! Really give yourself a pat on the back. That is huge! :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sn...]

• [Lo...]

• [MT...]

• [Mo...]

[43...]
115k bike ride yesterday (my furthest one-day ride in over 30 years).  Very calm the rest of the day (too tired for anything else).

115k bike ride yesterday (my furthest one-day ride in over 30 years).  Very calm the rest of the day (too tired for anything else).

You rode 71 miles?!!!  Wow, I'm impressed!  That's awesome!  I used to ride my bike a lot when I lived in Arizona, but I never rode that far.  Good for you!!!!!

PD

I sang at rehearsal today for the first time in many months. I was trembling a little bit afterward, but I did it.

Excellent News Jenn!

Thank you. I'm trying. :hug:

That's awesome. I am a singer as well. Preforming is stressful PERIOD. I always tremble after. It's an adrenalin rush. So happy you got out there and sang! Really give yourself a pat on the back. That is huge! :thumbsup:

Thank you. :hug:

Wow, not bad old chap  :D:thumbsup: just imagine how fit you are,

well done. :smitten:

[43...]
I'm not all that fit.  I didn't move when I got home from the ride.  Spent over two hours in the hot tub.  If I'd had any anxiety/anger/depression tendency, there wouldn't have been any available energy for it.  I slept well last night too.  Exercise is such a good thing for those who can handle it.  Will try a 100 mile ride next month.

I'm not all that fit.  I didn't move when I got home from the ride.  Spent over two hours in the hot tub.  If I'd had any anxiety/anger/depression tendency, there wouldn't have been any available energy for it.  I slept well last night too.  Exercise is such a good thing for those who can handle it. Will try a 100 mile ride next month.

thats around 160k.....be careful b, thats a hell of a lot after getting off Benzos.

[43...]

I've been training for the 100 mile ride - this was the final 'endurance' ride.  And I've gotten pretty good at listening to my body.  I should be OK (for an old geezer).  Back in my youth, I did a couple of 200 mile (300k) rides in a day.  But I was so much younger then, and able to simply do that kind of thing without thought.  I'll survive the 100 miles as long as the weather is decent.  Yesterday was pure hell at times (wind, rain, hail), but also oddly (eerily) beautiful at times.

I'm still so happy about your vision window.  Seems to me that they're occurring just a little more frequently recently.  We want that trend to continue.  Does Bill know that you refer to him as a dog (following you around like a dog)??

I've been training for the 100 mile ride - this was the final 'endurance' ride.  And I've gotten pretty good at listening to my body.  I should be OK (for an old geezer).  Back in my youth, I did a couple of 200 mile (300k) rides in a day.  But I was so much younger then, and able to simply do that kind of thing without thought.  I'll survive the 100 miles as long as the weather is decent.  Yesterday was pure hell at times (wind, rain, hail), but also oddly (eerily) beautiful at times.

I'm still so happy about your vision window.  Seems to me that they're occurring just a little more frequently recently.  We want that trend to continue.  Does Bill know that you refer to him as a dog (following you around like a dog)??

If only you knew how I envy you, can't wait to be fit again....I know exactly

how you felt even though the weather was blah. :D

I don't sit here and wait for a window b, cause I know it doesn't work

like that, it happens when it happens....so odd, I tell ya.

I had 2 stray cats some years back....they behaved just the same way as Bill

does now ; went to the shops with me, waited outside till I came back.

People used to be stunned  :laugh:

like look.....those cats are like dogs ....so funny.

thanks b, just realized how much I talk today, oops. :)

Badsocref, that is amazing! I wish I could ride a bike. All of the seats hurt my pubic bone. I've even tried gel seat covers.

[43...]

Yeah, a good fitting bike seat is really nice.  I don't like my current seat a lot, but it's better than my last seat.  I loaded up on ibuprofen before my ride yesterday and it seemed to help.  I usually have some lower back pain and a sore butt after 40 miles.  Yesterday, I was still doing pretty good at 60 miles.  Then the ibuprofen wore off.  I will definitely bring a 2nd serving with me for the 100 mile event next month.

There's a good write-up on women's bike seats and pubus discomfort here:  http://www.womenscycling.ca/blog/bicycle-fit/saddle-discomfort-solutions-for-women-cyclists/

[e4...]
Went to the farmers market, and picked up some yummy eats. Worked in my studio. Going to walk down to the beach and watch the sunset.  8)

so i found just now 8:10 am

that i will be traveling to Amsterdam may 1-5 :smitten:

http://www.wholesale7.net/images/201408/goods_img/146786_P_1407640253311.jpg

so i will leave this thursday 11 pm

I'm looking forward to it huge...

i have to get my stuff ready  :idiot:

but I'm so handicaped today by depression :'( :'( :'(

maybe its due to my hair highlights that were coloured with peroxide blond recently...

shit...

For the first time in i-don't-remember-when, i SLEPT FOR NINE HOURS!!!!!!!!! I may just do nothing today in celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D

[13...]

For the first time in i-don't-remember-when, i SLEPT FOR NINE HOURS!!!!!!!!! I may just do nothing today in celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D

WOW!  That's truly something to celebrate!!!  At 4 months out, I'm still having a lot of night panic, but it's getting better and I'm looking forward to a night like you just had!  I'm happy for you  :)

[13...]

I love the idea of this thread!!! 

So, yesterday I got my resisting mind outside to do some landscaping (which I enjoyed, in spite of feeling physically shaky), contacted a neighbor who I'd thought was upset with me (she wasn't), then went for a long walk with her.  Without those three things, my day wouldn't have felt very good, but having done them, I was fairly relaxed and content last night.  Typing that gave me the push I need to get out and do something rewarding with this day  :thumbsup:

Cool hey ? I know the feeling.... :)

I managed to be a moderator in public debate that lasted 2 and half hours. I thought I was going to do it very badly. I was right, I did it very badly  :laugh:

But I did it  :)

I managed to be a moderator in public debate that lasted 2 and half hours. I thought I was going to do it very badly. I was right, I did it very badly  :laugh:

But I did it  :)

WAY TO GO CLONA!

YOU MAY HAVE DONE IT BADLY; HOWEVER, YOU DID IT...GOOD JOB!

FB :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Tr...]
    • [Ka...]
    • [Mr...]
    • [Pe...]
    • [Os...]
    • [...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [Re...]
    • [le...]
    • [Sw...]