Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

So glad to hear how well you are doing.

I am day 4 into my new taper and feeling really good. I only have a few minor symptoms to speak of. Lets see....

1. Sinus issues still lingering but getting better. Only slight pain when I bend over, a cough that gets me in the morning, but mostly at night, and nightly dry throat.

2. Slight anxiety midday.

Oh and the only thing that bothers me still is listening to people breathing. If I can hear their breathing or they are having difficulty breathing (or what I assume to be difficulty) my anxiety flares up.

Hope everyone is having a great week and looking forward to the long weekend (If you get it this weekend lol)

:smitten:

G&G

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello G&G,

Very happy to see that you are doing a little better. It will get easier for you, just hang in there. The days are getting hotter and longer. So will be able to go outside more after dinner and do more walking, or riding of my bike. Just want to stay busy and keep the brain going forward.  :thumbsup:

Hang in there everyone, better days are ahead for everyone.

Wish everyone a good night or morning on the other side of the Earth..    :)

Godspeed to you all.        :smitten:

Rocket

Good Morning and Good Day to all Our BB,

Just want to wish everyone a great day today. And we are all looking forward to a wonderful weekend. For some of us it will be an extended one. So please be careful everyone and safe safe too.

Godspeed to you all,      :thumbsup:                :smitten:                :thumbsup:

Rocket

Week 2 C/T in the books. I'm still having sporadic w/d symptoms. I'll get hit with a sudden burst of anxiety, dizziness, or vertigo, but it usually goes away pretty quick.

One day this week it was pretty bad for several hours, but eventually subsided. I don't know if this is a trigger for anyone else, but 2x in a row now, i've been in a movie and had a few waves. I almost think it was because of the food there. I had popcorn the first time, and Peanut M&M's the second time. Seems like my diet is playing quite a role in how I feel.

Was coming to terms with my tinnitus then got hit by floaters in my only good eye. They say I'll get used to them someday. Gosh, I hope so. Otherwise doing okay. Still some funny body sensations and such but not too bad. It's been about 5 months. Did manage to hike up Mount Baldy here in California on Saturday with my brother. It was hard but felt good.

I usually have issues at the movies too. This weekend I went to a movie and had a terrible headache that lead me to feel really bad and not see most of the movie  :( but that, fortunately, had nothing to do with my Xanax that time.

Hello Switchjohnny,

Hang in there, you are doing just fine. Stay tough, and you should be okay. Looks like you might just have a very low count of symptoms.    :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you.        :tickedoff:          :thumbsup:

Rocket

Hey rhafe,

Man, that is just great. Climbing is such a challenge, glad that you did. And you felt good doing it. Hats off to you. It seems that you doing things like this will keep your mind occupied. Remember just stay hydrated all the time to keep the body fit and moving.  We all have some time before we get to the 100% that we need to be, but it's there, we just have to fight for it.  :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you,,        :thumbsup:

Rocket

Hello G&G,

How are you doing today? Hopefully you are doing just fine this week.  Always think positive and keep on moving forward to the best health you can get. Which is 100%.

For me this week, just some tinnitus and little pains around the body. But I can't complain at all. Seeing  all our BB going threw their withdraws and what they are dealing with, I just feel blessed that I am finished with the big problems of withdraw symptoms and just have to deal with the small ones.  :thumbsup:    Will make it threw just like everyone else.  :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you G&G and all our BB.        :thumbsup:            :thumbsup:

Rocket

Oi81,

I am doing great!  :) I am feeling great since my last taper and can't wait to be done. I have very few symptoms to speak of right now and I feel blessed that this is the case.

Glad to see you are doing well also. We shall all get through this one day.

G&G

Hello G & G

Hope that you are doing fine this weekend. For me, not to bad at all. We are having lots of rain in our area, so have to delay my bike ride for a few hour, but that's okay, will just work on my music this morning.

Wishing you and our BB a wonderful day. If you can, get outside and enjoy the warmth of the sun and the great feeling of the breeze of the wind against your face.  :thumbsup:

Will be back later to check up on everyone to make sure that you are doing well.    :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you and all our BB,        :smitten:                  :thumbsup:

Rocket

Oi81,

I had a great weekend. It rained off and on but we got out to the beach and had a great day with the family. Sat around watching movies the next day, which is also great :)  I hope you had a nice weekend too.

:thumbsup:

G&G

Hello G&G,

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, good for you. For me, wish that the beach was close, I'm like a fish out of water. About an hour from the Gulf, but don't let this get me down. When I was in Florida, I could sneeze on the beach, that's how close it was.  8)

But my weekend was great, went out and shot some pool. And on the next day, rehearsed some music in my Studio. I guess that I have to keep the Vocals running smooth.  :D.    Not to many symptoms, just was a little tired all day long yesterday. I just can't let this get me down at all. Still striving for that 100% of being normal again. Now about 80%, but getting better every month. Wish everyone the best in there journey to get back to Norma.  :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you G&G and all our BB.            :smitten:        :thumbsup:

Rocket

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Todd Morning and Good Evening BB,

Just want to wish everyone a great Day.  And to tell you to be strong too.

1.  Tinnitus still acting up. Maybe 30% or 35%. But just work threw it

2.  The last few days were kind of crazy, week, tired, sleep was interrupted the past days.

3.  Woke up yesterday at 3 am, felt nauseous, and didn't know why. But did some anti-acids, better.

4.  I just keep pushing on, will not let the withdraw symptoms bring me down at all.    :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you all,stay healthy and always move forward.    :thumbsup:      :smitten:

Rocket 

Hello rhafe,

I do know what you mean, just hng in there, it will get better. Been there and done that too. My tinnitus is kind of crazy, been that way for a long time. Hoping that it will just disappear like lightning in the sky in a rain storm,lol. Just keeping my fingers crossed.    :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you.  :thumbsup:

Rocket

:D:P.  hello BB

Just wishing everyone a good day. Hope that everyone is heading to their goal of being off and almost cured from the crazy little pills.    :thumbsup:

Godspeed to all.      :thumbsup:

Rocket

Hi I'm new here so forgive me if I jump all over the place.

I took my last Xanax December 16th and I'm still feeling so crappy. I'm glad to read posts that say "there is light at the end of the tunnel" My dr is great but now he wants to put me on Chloral Hydrate - I don't even know what that is, but I'm not sleeping well at all and again I see lots of posts and it seems like that is pretty normal. My ringing in my ears comes and goes, I'm wondering if anyone else had the vibrating in your legs?

I don't cook, it's just too hard, so I eat lots of fruits mostly and this is the hardest part for me. Also I have a thyroid issue and when I gave blood about 2 weeks ago my dr told me i was pre diabetic and that is really scaring me, but now I'm on a higher dose of my thyroid meds and hopefully that is what causing me to have this other symptom.

I hate it when my dr says i need to socialize and exercise and having a lot of problems with that.

After about a month since taking my last pill my appetite came back and I gained so much weight, but again this could be due to my thyroid.

I am having a really hard time - it seems like there are several phases of withdrawal from this drug. I will keep reading posts and I hope to get support from this group.

Today I have vertigo, bad shakes, memory is shot (for some reason every day I keep thinking it's June 3rd!), some mild ringing in my ears, fog brain, anxiety is pretty bad, having a really hard time remembering anything, eyes are darting and blurred, little twitches here and there...

But when I woke up this morning I felt great and normasl for about 5 minutes!!! I feel lucky I can sleep. Slept from 1PM yesterday to 7AM this morning.  :thumbsup:

Hello cagr1

It's good that you join the post, this way we can try to help you out as much as we can. I'll try to give it to you as I see it and all the truth, as I give to everybody else. Benzo withdrawal is not easy, sometimes it's hard, and sometimes it's easy. But  you will get through it, it just takes time for the body and brain to recoup from the crazy little pills that the doctors have given us.

So just be strong, and go forward with your life and just try to deal with the little things as you can. Try to get outside as much as you can and try not to stay in the bedroom or in the house, as for this drove me crazy for a few months. The big thing that I deal with is tinnitus. And sometimes it comes and it goes. But I try not to let it get me down because I am a musician and I work in the recording studio.

You will get better, and as we say it takes time, and in the end, we all will get to be 100% healthier, and we will learn from this sick experience that we have or been put through.

If you cannot sleep, try some Scottish oatmeal, you can probably purchase it at a health food store. What I did was take a half a cup put it into the microwave and ate it about one hour before I went to bed.  This let me sleep for a bout six or seven hours each night.

Just hang in there, it's going to be a roller coaster ride, but in the long run you will start to feel better being off the crazy little pills.

In all, just stay focused, and you will get there, honestly.  :thumbsup::smitten:

Rocket

Not too greattoday. Vision is very bad, please bear with my typos. Last night I was hallucinating pretty bad, and have been today (not as bad). Throat and jaw hurt and having problems urinating Also absurdly paranoid :( I think I'm over the worst though, been feeling "normal" a few times today.

Scottish Oatmeal, that's interesting and not something I would have thought of. My sleep problems are because I feel I can't breath, so I usually turn on my radio and sing myself to sleep lol. Once I'm not thinking about the breathing problems I can sleep, it's hard to get my mind off of it, but I eventually do. That doesn't seem to be the case with the people who starting taking it for insomnia though.

Good Luck everyone. It's a beautiful day :)

Hello reptile13,

Hang in there, you will be just fine. You are healing and the symptoms are a part of your healing. They will lighten up as the time goes by. One thing that I notice about myself, is that my memory is coming back very strong. I can remember when I didn't even have one at all,  :tickedoff: , lol. But as today, it is very strong. There were times when I went into a room to do something, but forgot what it was I was going to do. This happened very often. But much better today.  :thumbsup:

The shakes, pains, fog, and all the crazy crap that has happen to me disappeared, almost all of it. But being optimistic, the future will be brighter for all of us. Just hang in there.  :thumbsup:

And keep the post coming so we can let all our BB know what to expect, and how to deal with all the sxs. Time, time, time goes by, we all will learn from this crazy journey, and will pass on our knowledge to help others that need it.  :smitten:

Stay strong and stay busy

Godspeed to you.    :smitten:    :thumbsup:

Rocket

Hi - I'm really having a really hard time. Lake of sleep is horrible - I've been off xanax for 6 months now and (sorry if I'm repeating myself)

I really need this forum right now - I don't feel like I should be driving. I don't understand when people respond with all this Dr. talk - I'd like to have someone post in terms I can understand. I don't understand how people who post their tapering dosage - I just wrote what I know. I am so confused all the time - I have such a hard time reading posts, but I really am reaching out here - I need support.

Hi - I'm really having a really hard time. Lake of sleep is horrible - I've been off xanax for 6 months now and (sorry if I'm repeating myself)

I really need this forum right now - I don't feel like I should be driving. I don't understand when people respond with all this Dr. talk - I'd like to have someone post in terms I can understand. I don't understand how people who post their tapering dosage - I just wrote what I know. I am so confused all the time - I have such a hard time reading posts, but I really am reaching out here - I need support.

I had pretty good luck with Unisom for sleep. Can leave you feeling a little groggy in the morning but for me it was worth it. Probably shouldn't take it too many days in a row. It's relatively safe and in theory not physically addicting.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Av...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [mr...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [...]
    • [Ca...]