• [al...]

• [sa...]

• [Ma...]

• [ho...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[48...]

One which is very relevant and meaningful to me

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/SheWolf510/Dyingperspective.jpg

Life is all about how one sees it, like my sig says, you can get busy living, or get busy dying.

That one's so great Staffy!  I've been confronting that reality a lot this year because of my health and because I have several friends who are dying.  Their courage is inspiring.

[48...]

It is not enough to fight.

It is the spirit which we bring to the fight that decides the issue.

It is the morale that wins the victory.

~  General George Marshall.

"To love life, to love it even when you have no stomach for it and everything you've held dear crumbles like burnt paper in your hands, and your throat fills with the silt of it.  When grief sits with you, its tropical heat thickening the air, heavy as water more fit for gills than lungs; when grief weights you like your own flesh only more of it, an obesity of grief, you think, How can a body withstand this?  Then you hold life like a face between your palms, a plain face, no charming smile, no violet eyes, and you say

Yes, I will take you, I will love you again." - Ellen Bass

When i see a shooting star, or see a street light go out or blow out the candles on my cake , my only wish and always has been is to be happy.  Staffy i love the Lennon quote. Thanks.

[48...]

Thank you for this beautiful thread!  Now that I have discovered it, I'll be stopping by often...

Thank you, and please do, we love all contributions......

Staffy

[48...]

"To love life, to love it even when you have no stomach for it and everything you've held dear crumbles like burnt paper in your hands, and your throat fills with the silt of it.  When grief sits with you, its tropical heat thickening the air, heavy as water more fit for gills than lungs; when grief weights you like your own flesh only more of it, an obesity of grief, you think, How can a body withstand this?  Then you hold life like a face between your palms, a plain face, no charming smile, no violet eyes, and you say

Yes, I will take you, I will love you again." - Ellen Bass

I love this Sage, truly love it  :smitten:

[48...]

When i see a shooting star, or see a street light go out or blow out the candles on my cake , my only wish and always has been is to be happy.  Staffy i love the Lennon quote. Thanks.

Hi Honey,

Most Welcome, I love it too - one of life's great poets/musician and a true savant taken too early.

How's the store coming along Honey?

Staffy

[48...]

You know, the smallest thing can change a life.

In the blink of an eye, something happens by chance - and when you least expect it - since we're on a course that you could have never planned, into a future you never imagined.

Where will it take you?

That's the journey of our lives: our search for the light.

But sometimes, finding the light means you must past through the deepest darkness.

At least, that's how it was for me."

~ The Lucky One

Hi Staffy,

The store is coming along fine  Thanks ! Its just been open a few days now. I had a grand opening and had people come . It's a work in progress. But Im doing it and thats all that matters . Hard work, but very exciting . Hope you are doing well . HoneymXXX

"To love life, to love it even when you have no stomach for it and everything you've held dear crumbles like burnt paper in your hands, and your throat fills with the silt of it.  When grief sits with you, its tropical heat thickening the air, heavy as water more fit for gills than lungs; when grief weights you like your own flesh only more of it, an obesity of grief, you think, How can a body withstand this?  Then you hold life like a face between your palms, a plain face, no charming smile, no violet eyes, and you say  Yes, I will take you, I will love you again." - Ellen Bass

Wow..omg..such visceral images..haunting..New Life

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." - Thoreau

[48...]

I forgive all past experiences.

I do not have to know how to forgive.

All I have to do is be willing to forgive.

The universe will take care of the how.

[48...]

Maybe I already posted this wisdom from Bambi...actually, Thumper's mommy:

If you can't say summpin' nice...don't say nuttin' at all

And isn't that something to carry through life with you - I loved Bambi, still do.  :smitten:

Staffy