• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [al...]

• [sa...]

• [Ma...]

• [ho...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[53...]

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them.  Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. ~ Rabindranath Tagore

[53...]

Hi staffy, yes i picked this quote because im opening a small store. Its very exciting. This isvhow i feel. I jumped right in.  :thumbsup:

Honey,  that's so wonderful, you seem to be in a really 'good' place right now.  I am sure it will be a resounding success.  Let us know how it all goes.  I read where you painted it yourself?  What colour scheme did you go for?

Staffy

"Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know." - Pema Chodron

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.  These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern.  Beautiful people do not just happen."  - Elizabeth Kubler Ros

How about:

I know what I have given you

I do not know what you have received

Antonio Porchia

another:

You have to empty everything

Before you know what it is filled with

Antonio Porchia again...

“I like to think of the word ‘healing’ in the relationship to curing, as coming to terms with things as they are. What healing is is a process through which we come to terms with the actuality of our situation in the present moment. Now, the beauty of healing is that healing is possible even in the absence or the very improbable likelihood of a cure — that the work of healing can be done right up to our last breath.”  Kabat-Zinn (2004)

[53...]

"Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know." - Pema Chodron

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.  These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern.  Beautiful people do not just happen."  - Elizabeth Kubler Ros

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :'( :'( :'(

[53...]

How about:

I know what I have given you

I do not know what you have received

Antonio Porchia

another:

You have to empty everything

Before you know what it is filled with

Antonio Porchia again...

:thumbsup:

Hi Staffy,

I painted it a periwinkle blue gray. Its hard to describe. I can send a pic. I looked for the color and what I saw at the store wasnt what I wanted exactly. But I painted it  and guess what ?It looks exactly how I imagined it.  Thanks ! My signs are Burgundy with white lettering and a beautiful scroll design on the left side.

[53...]

Hi Staffy,

I painted it a periwinkle blue gray. Its hard to describe. I can send a pic. I looked for the color and what I saw at the store wasnt what I wanted exactly. But I painted it  and guess what ?It looks exactly how I imagined it.  Thanks ! My signs are Burgundy with white lettering and a beautiful scroll design on the left side.

Honey,

That sounds smart and sassy, nice mix, it must have felt so rewarding doing it by yourself!  I love 'new beginnings', be it a new store, a new car, a new pup or a new romance, they are just well special.  You must PM more about your business, I am really curious about it.

Staffy

[53...]

Life is very simple, I create my experiences by my thinking and feeling paterns.  What I believe about myself and about life becomes true for me.  ~ I create wonderful new beliefs for myself.

Maybe this is redundant..as I haven't read through all the pages...but maybe worth repeating...

"I DO NOT HAVE TO BELIEVE WHAT I THINK!!!"

not sure where I found that...

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to the body and soul." - John Muir

[53...]

Maybe this is redundant..as I haven't read through all the pages...but maybe worth repeating...

"I DO NOT HAVE TO BELIEVE WHAT I THINK!!!"

not sure where I found that...

Thanks New Life, we haven't had that one, ironic this one is indeed!

[53...]

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to the body and soul." - John Muir

Beautiful Sage, I have to tell you, whenever I try to picture you in my mind, I have this vision of an ethereal earth angel, walking through the woods.  I don't know why that is, but that's my mental 'take' on you.

Staffy x

[53...]

I am my own unique Self.  Everyone is unique and different.  If we are like other people, then we are not expressing our own specialness.

Beautiful Sage, I have to tell you, whenever I try to picture you in my mind, I have this vision of an ethereal earth angel, walking through the woods.  I don't know why that is, but that's my mental 'take' on you.

Staffy x

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Maybe when I was younger, but I think I'm much too ill to look like an Earth angel right now!  I'll tell you something that probably won't surprise you, though.  When I was a little kid I believed in wood nymphs and told my little sister all about them.  :laugh: