Important Survey - Please Participate ×

StaffyGirl's Ironic Quotes for the Day

[2c...]

[2c...]

every cloud has a siver lining,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,will that do staff  :laugh:

Thanks Chrissy it's perfect... feel free to contribute. 

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [al...]

• [sa...]

• [Ma...]

• [ho...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[2c...]

Two Friends

TWO FRIENDS WERE WALKING tHROUGH THE DESERT .  DURING SOME POINT OF THE JOURNEY, THEY HAD AN ARGUMENT; AND ONE FRIEND SLAPPED THE OTHER ONE IN THE FACE .

THE ONE WHO GOT SLAPPED WAS HURT, BUT WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING, WROTE IN THE SAND ,  TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE .

THEY KEPT ON WALKING, UNTIL THEY FOUND AN OASIS, WHERE THEY DECIDED TO TAKE A BATH . 

THE ONE WHO HAD BEEN SLAPPED GOT STUCK IN THE MIRE AND STARTED DROWNING, BUT THE FRIEND SAVED HIM.

AFTER HE RECOVERED FROM THE NEAR DROWNING, HE WROTE ON A STONE:  'TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE' 

THE FRIEND WHO HAD SLAPPED AND SAVED HIS BEST FRIEND ASKED HIM, 'AFTER I HURT YOU, YOU WROTE IN THE SAND AND NOW, YOU WRITE ON A STONE, WHY?'

THE FRIEND REPLIED:

'WHEN SOMEONE HURTS US WE SHOULD WRITE IT DOWN IN SAND, WHERE WINDS OF FORGIVENESS CAN ERASE IT AWAY.     

BUT, WHEN SOMEONE DOES  SOMETHING GOOD FOR US, WE MUST ENGRAVE IT IN STONE WHERE NO WIND CAN EVER ERASE IT'

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE.

THEY SAY IT TAKES A  MINUTE TO FIND A SPECIAL PERSON,  AN HOUR TO  APPRECIATE THEM,  A DAY  TO LOVE THEM, 

BUT THEN AN ENTIRE LIFE TO FORGET THEM. 

Staffy

Hi Staffy,

I don't post much these days..but come and check pm's and read..especially positive stuff..and I've come to expect that when reading your blog..and this thread.

Your heart and determination are awesome to behold!

[2c...]

Hi Staffy,

I don't post much these days..but come and check pm's and read..especially positive stuff..and I've come to expect that when reading your blog..and this thread.

Your heart and determination are awesome to behold!

Whisful 1, you are too kind.  I am glad you enjoy reading these quotes, I often wonder if I am nuts for doing it, but then again I figure if it brings just one smile to a persons face, or lessens one persons suffering in some minute way, then it's done it's job.

Staffy x

It's better to be a lion for a day, than a sheep all your life.

awsome lol

A lost battle is a battle one thinks one has lost.

Jean-Paul Sartre

Courage dos'nt allways roar

sometimes courage is a little voice at the end of the day

that says i'll try again tomorrow. :)

mary anne radmacher

[2c...]

Courage dos'nt allways roar

sometimes courage is a little voice at the end of the day

that says i'll try again tomorrow. :)

mary anne radmacher

Love this one Chrissy and how appropriate as we battle on, day after day.  :smitten:

[2c...]

There is no greater weapon than KINDNESS, a smile, a compliment, encouragement and compassion belong in the arsenal of all time space adventurers!

Plus I know that you can take these with you from one life to the next...... I'll leave you thinking on that one :P

[2c...]
Be Yourself.  Not who you're supposed to be, but who you want to be.  Not their way, but your way. And everything else will take care of itself.

Be Yourself.  Not who you're supposed to be, but who you want to be.  Not their way, but your way. And everything else will take care of itself.

nice one

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

[2c...]

I have loads and loads of them in my head Chrissy, from my previous occupation.  Plus I own a very comprehensive library of motivational, self help, mystic, and universal wisdom books.

That's one of the things I haven't lost is my ability to remember quite a few of my 'icebreaking' quotes or 'Thoughts for the day'.  Thank heavens something's left.

Staffy x

You are a clever lady staffy.what about this one...........when you come to the end off your rope,,tie a knot in it and hang on...........franklin d.roosevelt....x?/

[2c...]

Oh yes I love that one, I have used it in so many classes when students say they can't finish off the course, or just don't get it.  It's also pretty true re benzos.

Staffy x

[2c...]

It's Your Responsibility

Remember;  You aren't responsible for the misfortunes in your life, but you are responsible for doing something about them!

[2c...]

Little by Little

Any large scale accomplishment is achieved only when tackled little by little.  Be patient and tackle only one thing at a time.  Then watch the big picture unfold

[2c...]

I've come to realise that it doesn't matter what you look like, it's what your like inside and what you do with your life that really count.  ` Tony Christiansen. 

[2c...]
Don't let anything stand in your way.  Remember that the saying 'Where there's a will, there's a way is TRUE. Stand up for your rights and principles. ` Tony Christiansen'.