Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

9 days and still have GI problems

[no...]

I was wondering if the reason I have not stabilized this time is because I cut the morning dose .125.  But I have been sort of erratic about the time I take it.  It could be 8:30 or 9:30 or 10:30.  For a while I was trying to move it closer to the midday dose so I could drop it that way because of the shaking.  If I still feel bad by Friday, I may have to go ahead and cut from my nightly dose.  My midday dose is the one I cut from first.  I take my midday dose at 1:00, that is only about 2.5 to 5 hours from morning dose.

Sort of freaky when could not get in to site today.  But I remembered the message last night and figured the system was just down, so I paid a bill or two.

I honestly don't know why you are continuing to have GI problems, other than the fact that many people have GI problems for big stretches of their taper.  I think both Keith64 and stoneyco had a lot of GI problems and they were tapering xanax, too.  I don't know if there's a connection.

You would do yourself a favor if you did try to take your doses "on time" as much as possible.  Xanax has about the shortest half-life of any benzo and interdose withdrawal is pretty common.  There were times I had to go ahead and reduce my dose even though I still had a lot of symptoms.  I did hold off an extra 3-4 days but I didn't feel any better so just went ahead with the 0.125mg cut.

Symptoms do seem to come and go with little reason so you could wake up tomorrow and find the GI trouble gone.  With benzos, you just never know.

Hi Camper, I had a lot of GI problems connected with benzos and benzo w/d. I do think it comes with the territory. Just hang in there. It will get better. I had to stay on my previcid for a while. But now after years of taking it, I never need it. No matter what I eat. ;D

Thanks Beeper and WW.  At least I was not as frustrated by it as I usually am.  But I kept looking at my taper schedule a lot today!  Like going to the fridge and hoping there is something in there you like!  But its the same old bologna.  But I will make it.  Thanks, it means a lot.

Yes, I tapered xanax too and I had IBS at the end of my taper and it continued until I was about 2-3 months off.  I am 4 months off now and have not had any IBS in awhile.  Hang in there it will get better.  Remember they are just side effects and they will ease as time goes on.  Good Luck!

mal

Thanks, Mal, I need all the encouragement I can get.  It has been a little rougher than I thought it would be, but I was in withdrawals for months and didn't know it.  It is nice to know that this symptom will go away eventually.  I can pretend I am pregnant and get some dramamine!

Hi Camper, I know you are probably half kidding about the dramamine, but forwarned is forearmed, so I'll tell you that it may be hit or miss to what you can take for it. Things just seem to work differently during this time. Some make s/x's worse some work o.k. and really help.

Hi Camper,

Sounds like you are handling your bumps in the road  well. You've got a great attitude. i'm wishing you some relief. Hope this week will be better for you. Kel

Thanks for the encouragement, I really need it!  WW I won't do the dramamine, i was just kidding.  I do need to check into (maybe ask pharmacist) what I can take since I am on other medicines also.  I read what you guys said about the antibiotic that does not mix with xanax and I need a tooth filled and I am scared to make an appointment because I believe that is the class they always want me to take before dental procedures.  I keep thinking maybe when I am through with this.

I am soo glad you all are here to help us prisoners.  Xanax is holding me hostage!

You will get there.  Just keep moving forward.  I would discuss your concern with your dentist about the antibiotics.  If you can put it off you might want to do that.  Let us know how it goes.  You are on the right track and sounds like you have a sensible taper planned.  Good Luck!

mal

Amoxycillin works pretty good for me and it targets soft tissues.  You should be fine with that antibiotic.  Just don't take any fluoroquinolones at this time.  We can all tell you that the bumps in the road can be quite severe but with determination you will get to the end.  Followng your journey and can't wait until you are benzo-free. 

It was mal who had a hard time with stomach issues.  I, too, had the diarrhea, daily gurgling and belly pain.  I found that a heating pad soothed my stomach.

Patty  xo

Yes, it seems that GI problems may be my friend for a few months.  I have taken amoxicillin before.  There was one antibiotic I took that made me very sick but I don't remember what it was.  Patty, I am determined to kick this drug to the road.  kel, mal, WW, and all you guys, thanks for the encouragement.  I am going to make another cut Friday and hope this one gives me no surprises!  I bet you guys are relieved to have come so far. 

Yes you might have GI problems for awhile but I can truly say now that they did go away in time.  It wears you out but please know that it is just a side effect.

You will win this battle!  You have the right attitude and that will carry you through this.

Good luck on your next cut and please let us know if we can help you out!  You are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy healing.

mal :smitten:

This may sound strange but Apple Cider Vinegar has helped me with stomach acid problems.  It helped me so much that I no longer take any type of antacid like Prevacid or Zantac.  You have to get "Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother" which can be purchased at any health food store.  DO NOT purchase from a regular grocery store.  Hope this helps you.

Mal, Thanks so much for the encouragement.  Island, I may actually try to find some of that apple cider vinegar!  Sounds like a Granny Clampett recipe but years ago people studied plants and learned what healed.  Thanks so much for the thoughts, prayers and ideas.