Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Withdrawal symptoms??

[b1...]

Hi everyone, I hope no one minds if I start to vent a little because I feel I need to today  :-[ .  I finished my taper about 10 days ago and was feeling pretty good for the most part during the taper.  In the last week or so I have started to go downhill with fast heartbeat, palpitations, anxiety, sweaty, lightheaded and not sleeping so I just chalked it up to w/d s/x.  But, I decided to look up side effects of another medication I'm on (Nasonex - steroid nasal spray) and lo and behold, there are a ton of people who have had identical symptoms to me!!!  So now I don't know whats causing my problems.  I stopped the Nasonex 3 days ago but I'm not getting any better (though I have read it can take at least a week to start clearing my system).  This is all starting to make sense now as the first time these symptoms happened (back in September) I ended up in the ER after taking Nasonex for 2 days.  I asked the Dr. if that was the cause of my problems but of course he said "impossible".  Now, 3 months later i was prescribed it again and after 2 weeks on it i feel worse then ever with the exact same symptoms as before!!!  :-\  And the kicker is I never needed the nasonex in the first place because my ear problems weren't caused by allergies, but the fact that I clench my teeth when I stress and it causes my jaw muscles to tighten which cause the sinus/ear issues.  So all this could have been avoided months ago and I could have been living my life instead of going through a bunch of medications and tests i didn't even need (including the Ativan!).  I'm so sorry that this is a negative post...I just feel so angry today and i have no one to listen to me.  My hubbie is about at the end of his rope and my poor mom has heard so much about this that I don't want to bother her anymore.  And my poor kids...

On a positive note...Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

Beth

Hi Beth,

We hear you and feel your pain!! Doctors are clueless!! So sorry you had to go through all this because of a nasal spray!! Hopefully your symptoms will ease up in a few more days!!

Take care!!

T2 :smitten:

Thank you Theresa  :)  I know it doesn't help to be negative but sometimes it's just so hard not to be.  I have lost total faith in dr's and I just cringe when i watch tv and see commercial after commercial for different pills....argh!!!!  Of course, it doesn't help to be married to someone who never gets sick and can take absolutely any pill and not have a single side effect.  I'm one of those people that gets drowsy when taking a non-drowsy antihistimine  :D

Beth

Thank you Theresa  :)  I know it doesn't help to be negative but sometimes it's just so hard not to be.  I have lost total faith in dr's and I just cringe when i watch tv and see commercial after commercial for different pills....argh!!!!  Of course, it doesn't help to be married to someone who never gets sick and can take absolutely any pill and not have a single side effect.  I'm one of those people that gets drowsy when taking a non-drowsy antihistimine  :D

Beth

Same here as far as the meds. The only thing my husband has taken after 20 years of marriage is an ocassional Advil maybe one or two times a year. I can't take any antihistimine, it keeps me awake all night! Drug commercials should be outlawed like cigarettes and liquor have been!!!

Don't you just love the pill commercials that say "ask your dr. about xxxx"...half the time they don't even tell you in the ad what the pill is for! LOL.  I guess medications have their place in the world (my sister has MS and couldn't function without her pills) but I guess i have been jaded.

But, on a positive note, i did discover it was the nose spray that was making me sick and have stopped it...can you imagine what would have happened if I never put two and two together???

Beth

Don't you just love the pill commercials that say "ask your dr. about xxxx"...half the time they don't even tell you in the ad what the pill is for! LOL.  I guess medications have their place in the world (my sister has MS and couldn't function without her pills) but I guess i have been jaded.

But, on a positive note, i did discover it was the nose spray that was making me sick and have stopped it...can you imagine what would have happened if I never put two and two together???

Beth

Don't you just love the list of side effects they start listing.....the side effects sound worse than the condition you would take them for. LOL I am grateful too that they do have meds that help people like your sister. I just think all these mind drugs like A/Ds and benzos are scary and most doctors just don't have a clue what they do to some people like us. I tell everyone here that they should research any drug prescribed by their doctor, they just can't know how drugs effect everyone, I suppose. I'm glad you made the connection and start feeling better soon!!

T2 :smitten: