Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Day 14 Hanging tough

[Vo...]

I have just completed day 14 free of klonopin.

I was on an 10 week taper and got to .25 mg and jumped off on Thursday the 2nd of October

I still feel pretty terrible and I have had some awful days in the past two weeks. I have had all the withdrawal symptoms:

Nausea

Myoclonic jerks (pretty bad for the first 5 days or so)

Anxiety (fairly severe)

Tremor

Insomnia

Intrusive thoughts

Diarrhea

Agitation

Chest pains

I having  been praying for the courage and the strength to get through this every day.

I have noted that I get a wave of anxiety\nausea every morning at about 4:00 am that lasts for about two or three hours and then abates.

Getting up and moving around seems to help. These episodes have been decreasing in intensity for the past couple of days.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these singular events?

Vomact

Hi Vomact,

The symptoms you are having are very common and not unusual for you to still have them at 14 days off.  I, also, wake up at 4am with the anxiety/panic/ or whatever else you can call it.  :)  It used to take me a couple of hours to get over it but now once I get up it's gone.  I find that if I eat processed foods, like I did last night, it's worse.  I don't the reasoning behind this but I've experienced it enough to know it's true.  You would think I would know better by now  ::)

Right now it may be hard to get through each day but your symptoms will lessen with time and will eventually go away.  You will heal.  :)

Tropicalsoul

[63...]

I also get the early morning anxiety wave. Funny enough, if I'm not asleep, I can feel it "kick in". I noticed it last night - it was as if I was in a really comforable place, almost asleep, and someone threw a switch on in my head - sudden, intense anxiety. The only difference, last night anyway, was that I could ignore it because I felt it come on. Very odd...

Hi, Vomac.

I've been off lorazepam for about 3 months now and still get waves of symptoms every so often, with anxiety/restlessness being a nearly daily occurance for a few hours.  However, these waves don't come as often or last as long so I know I am healing.  It is disappointing to not feel massively better when we kick the benzo to the curb, but it does help to know that healing is happening.  In fact, that's how I have chosen to think about my symptoms; more evidence that my nervous system is "waking up" again.

I'm glad that the anxiety and nausea get better if you get up and move around.  I don't get the nausea but I also find I have to move around to get my body chemistry back in balance.  Walking during the day will help, too, as will most any mild exercise.  You mentioned chest pains so I have to say, if you have any doubt at all that they are withdrawal related, do contact your doctor. 

Please come back and let us know how you are doing from time to time.  I would love to start a Celebration thread for you as soon as you feel like celebrating.  ;)

All:

I want to thank you very much for being with me during this.

Starting week 3. 

I still feel pretty terrible in the morning and I am still having the anxiety attacks.  I am totally exhausted, as I am only getting a few hours sleep a night.  The diarrhea is still pretty bad, so I am taking Imodium every day. Having heart palpitations in the morning and at odd times throughout the day.

Trying to control the anxiety attacks but it is tough.  I still have the 'head race' going really bad in the morning and periodically during the day.

I was driving to work and was listening to NPR this morning and they started with the latest bad news about the economy and WHAM, my head just took off.  Intrusive thoughts about all the really bad things that 'could' happen due to our continuing economic crises.  I know this is a rebound effect, but once it starts it is almost impossible to stop.

I have been trying breathing exercises and I have a relaxation CD that I listen to, although they say your not supposed to listen to it in the car, as you might fall asleep.

LOL, like that is going to happen.

I will keep you posted.

Vomact

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: Wait, I say, on the Lord.

Psalm 27:14

Hellow, Vomact.

I see you haven't lost your sense of humor.  ;D  I seldom listened to the news or read a newspaper when I was having a lot of anxiety, starting when I was still having anxiety attacks while on the benzo.  It was just too upsetting.  There's so much out there we can't control.  Try to focus on what you do control.  You are so strong to going to work while suffering as you do, especially from lack of sleep.  Better days are coming.  :thumbsup: