Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need help with this, scaring me.

[9c...]

Sigma, this is STILL my WORST symptom. I hate it b/c it renders me mentally retarded and unable to function. I am trying my best with it, but my family is becoming impatient. I'm not sure how to explain this to them, but I TRY. No one can understand though and I'm doing the best I can. I have horrid perceptual disturbances as well. My hair, hands, legs, etc do not look like mine, I have forgotten my entire life, for the most part. It's just almost impossible to live like this. I absolutely hate it and I'm not sure how much longer I can go on like this before I, and other people, become impatient. I'm doing the best I can, but I am totally non-functional because of it.

It never stops for me, either. It's a constant mental nightmare. If I could get breaks from it and KNOW that it will go away, I could handle it. But I'm beginning to doubt the process. I just want my mind back so that I can fend for myself, ya know? I'm sure you understand. Is yours letting up at all or is it pretty constant for you too??

Hang in there, Sigma, we'll get through this.

((HUGS)) and healing, lamberfn

((Nicole))

I know how it feels and it's hard to explain it to others, I know.

This stuff is temporary. I hope it goes away soon for both of us.

I have not seen a break from the d/r and d/p in a while.

It is constant somewhat.

I hope this lets up soon.

Remember this is temporary. I had d/r and d/p years ago and it does go.

It took 6 months when I c/t Effexor. Go figure.

You hang in there!

I know it's hard to try to feel and cannot, but it goes.

Billy.

Let me know how the doctor appt went... Good luck to you....

luv

mishi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [...]

• [Wh...]

• [ba...]

I agree with the others- derealization, not psychosis. I've experienced it before. 

Looks like you were on a pretty hefty dose of benzos... That could be why it's so intense.

Just keep telling yourself, "This, too, will pass". 

Thanks Banana,

I have experienced d/r and d/p before any benzo use. It was getting better until put on Klonopin.

The d/r I remember having was not this bad, where things look like a Disney Cartoon.

Hard to believe people pay good money for acid! To experience such a bizarre feeling.

The d/r I had before was like being stuck in a Coke bottle.

But this, well is a bit different, the brightness and surrealism.

Billy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you also have an episode or so of epilepsy as a child? 

This could very well have something to do with it.