Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need help with this, scaring me.

[a0...]

[a0...]

Hell is the best way that I can think to describe it, for sure...

Hang in there, Sigma. I wake up w/ and go to bed w/ this every single morning.

It HAS to get better.

((HUGS)) and healing, lamberfn

Me too Nicole,

I know it is part of healing.

It's like one side of the brain works, logically.. the other doesn't.

Hard to explain as you know.

Hang in there.

Billy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [mi...]

• [...]

• [Wh...]

• [ba...]

[6e...]

Hi All,

Thank God for this forum and thank God for this post.  If it weren't for this forum, I think I could have checked myself into a mental hospital.  Just when I think I'm going mad, I check out my symptoms here and lo and behold, other people are experiencing what I am.  Depersonalization...it feels so crazy.  Along with the numerous other withdrawal symptoms.  Enough to drive a person mad.  And I'm only on day 7 without benzos after a long 8 month dry cut process.  I was on it for 11 years.  I see some still have symptoms for years after.  How the heck am I going to get through this?!  :'(

What you describe is EXACTLY why I chose the name I use and the picture for my forum avatar.  The derealization can get super crazy.  While I was walking outside, everything was super bright, I literally felt like I was sinking into the ground with every step.  The ground felt like it was made of foam and I was sinking deeper into it.  Scared the HELL out of me.  I didn't make it far before I turned around.  The trip back I was freaking out.  Light poles seemed to be bending, the grass was lime green color, cloud seemed to be gigantic, cars driving by had the longest tracers I had ever seen.  My eyes couldn't even comprehend the speed a car was traveling.  Nothing seemed right.  My arms and hands felt like they weren't part of my body.  I looked at my arms and saw them, but they didn't seem to belong to me.  Man I HATE DR!!!  So scary.  Hang in there though.  It eases up and fades sooner or later.  I wouldn't believe it, but one day everything just slowed down.  Now I just get derealized on occasions.  Still scares me every time though.  :pokey:

[a0...]

What you describe is EXACTLY why I chose the name I use and the picture for my forum avatar.  The derealization can get super crazy.  While I was walking outside, everything was super bright, I literally felt like I was sinking into the ground with every step.  The ground felt like it was made of foam and I was sinking deeper into it.  Scared the HELL out of me.  I didn't make it far before I turned around.  The trip back I was freaking out.  Light poles seemed to be bending, the grass was lime green color, cloud seemed to be gigantic, cars driving by had the longest tracers I had ever seen.  My eyes couldn't even comprehend the speed a car was traveling.  Nothing seemed right.  My arms and hands felt like they weren't part of my body.  I looked at my arms and saw them, but they didn't seem to belong to me.  Man I HATE DR!!!  So scary.  Hang in there though.  It eases up and fades sooner or later.  I wouldn't believe it, but one day everything just slowed down.  Now I just get derealized on occasions.  Still scares me every time though.  :pokey:

Yes, that is the symptom.

I take walks at night more than days. The lights on the poles look all distorted and surreal. It is like looking at them for the first time.

The cars seem to go in slow or faster motion. The sky is so blue in the day it's like "Huh". When I walk through the house sometimes, it's like doors look smaller and I'm three inches off the ground.

I have had the arm and hands thing as well.

It's just strange.

The time on the clock looks like it is melting or not real. It's like being in a disney cartoon or something.

This morning, my roomy was standing by the door and the door looked ten times bigger than he did.

The streets look flat, 3-d or something.. I think it is the mind trying to get back to where it used to be.

It's like a maze or something.

Spirals, clocks, and things spinning away.

[a0...]

Hi All,

Thank God for this forum and thank God for this post.  If it weren't for this forum, I think I could have checked myself into a mental hospital.  Just when I think I'm going mad, I check out my symptoms here and lo and behold, other people are experiencing what I am.  Depersonalization...it feels so crazy.  Along with the numerous other withdrawal symptoms.  Enough to drive a person mad.  And I'm only on day 7 without benzos after a long 8 month dry cut process.  I was on it for 11 years.  I see some still have symptoms for years after.  How the heck am I going to get through this?!  :'(

I hear derealization is a defense mechanism. I am sure it is because I'm afraid to look under it.  :o

I agree, thank God for this forum or I would be in a nursing home or mental hospital.

Takes years? Well, the healing is nonlinear but I think you will find yourself again.

You may heal fairly quick, some ppl do.

Billy.

I've had it everyday since day one. It's by far the most hard to deal with and horrible feeling symptom I've had. Instead of 3D, everything looks like flat painted cardboard to me. But I do feel like I've shrunk down and the world is huge. I have had moments where it feels like the d/r is trying to lift, but it never does...or at least it hasn't yet. I'd kill for just a one minute break from it.

Sigma and nic, I experience the same thing... I look outside when the leaves are falling now and it does not look real to me... One leaf at a time justs look scarey.

The birds when I see them fly look like theyare not real....

Looks like something from another planet...

When I was in the store some people I had to not look at in the face... They also looked scarey looking to me...

Wondering if that is what you feel.

Sigma and nic I hope these symtoms subside for you... I find when I just do not look or look away I feel more comfortable..

This feels like I am in a horror movie when I am outside...... Cannot stand this symtom either... Sometimes I think I see something moving or when someone goes into another room I look from the side at what a weird feeling that is...

Nic you are right this is a hell.

Do not like any of the symtoms but this one, I can't deal with..

Take care

luv

Mishi

PS.. If I did not know this was from the benzo I would have to admit myself because I would think I was going crazy....

Oh gosh we are strong people and yet if we tell anyone that has not gone thru this they would think we were crazy....

Hang on

I've had it everyday since day one. It's by far the most hard to deal with and horrible feeling symptom I've had. Instead of 3D, everything looks like flat painted cardboard to me. But I do feel like I've shrunk down and the world is huge. I have had moments where it feels like the d/r is trying to lift, but it never does...or at least it hasn't yet. I'd kill for just a one minute break from it.

Sigma and nic, I experience the same thing... I look outside when the leaves are falling now and it does not look real to me... One leaf at a time justs look scarey.

The birds when I see them fly look like theyare not real....

Looks like something from another planet...

When I was in the store some people I had to not look at in the face... They also looked scarey looking to me...

Wondering if that is what you feel.

Sigma and nic I hope these symtoms subside for you... I find when I just do not look or look away I feel more comfortable..

This feels like I am in a horror movie when I am outside...... Cannot stand this symtom either... Sometimes I think I see something moving or when someone goes into another room I look from the side at what a weird feeling that is...

Nic you are right this is a hell.

Do not like any of the symtoms but this one, I can't deal with..

Take care

luv

Mishi

PS.. If I did not know this was from the benzo I would have to admit myself because I would think I was going crazy....

Oh gosh we are strong people and yet if we tell anyone that has not gone thru this they would think we were crazy....

Hang on

I am tring not to be scared just try not to look at things for to long

Can you watch tv now?

I know that certain shows freak me out also...

[a0...]

Mishi,

Thanks for your input :)

Yes I can watch TV.

Outside, well I can go outside.. it's just everything looks surreal to me.

It has backed off some but not enough  :sick:

Hang in there,

Billy.

I agree with the others- derealization, not psychosis. I've experienced it before. 

Looks like you were on a pretty hefty dose of benzos... That could be why it's so intense.

Just keep telling yourself, "This, too, will pass". 

[a0...]

I agree with the others- derealization, not psychosis. I've experienced it before. 

Looks like you were on a pretty hefty dose of benzos... That could be why it's so intense.

Just keep telling yourself, "This, too, will pass". 

Thanks Banana,

I have experienced d/r and d/p before any benzo use. It was getting better until put on Klonopin.

The d/r I remember having was not this bad, where things look like a Disney Cartoon.

Hard to believe people pay good money for acid! To experience such a bizarre feeling.

The d/r I had before was like being stuck in a Coke bottle.

But this, well is a bit different, the brightness and surrealism.

Billy.

I have this strange symptom everything looks big outside. It's 3-d looking. The fence looks big, trees look like they touch the sky, and I feel 3 inches off the floor. Like I shrink. Also I have lost concept of time somewhat. It feels like when I sleep.. I am sleeping on my pillow. I have had unusual dreams with this of spirals, things spinning off, they seem real. I have a few jerks with this.

I feel like I am lost in a world sometimes and so small like a kid again.

The floor feels harder, the doors look slanted.

Anyone else have this

Only when i done LSD !

[a0...]

I have this strange symptom everything looks big outside. It's 3-d looking. The fence looks big, trees look like they touch the sky, and I feel 3 inches off the floor. Like I shrink. Also I have lost concept of time somewhat. It feels like when I sleep.. I am sleeping on my pillow. I have had unusual dreams with this of spirals, things spinning off, they seem real. I have a few jerks with this.

I feel like I am lost in a world sometimes and so small like a kid again.

The floor feels harder, the doors look slanted.

Anyone else have this

Only when i done LSD !

I don't use LSD!

Sorry!

And that wasn't very helpful at all!

So, if you have nothing or healing to say!

Keep it to yourself!

Take care!

[a0...]
Nearly 4 years taking Valium daily. At one point was on 45mg a day.

And besides you were only on Valium, SO this kind of symptom need not Really apply to you!

Sigma, i should'nt of put that and feel guilty now. Sometimes i tend to do stupid things, so i do

apologize. The fact that you are going through a tough time can't be easy and me putting a remark like that is

not very thoughtful. 

Hope things improve.

[a0...]

Sigma, i should'nt of put that and feel guilty now. Sometimes i tend to do stupid things, so i do

apologize. The fact that you are going through a tough time can't be easy and me putting a remark like that is

not very thoughtful.   

Hope things improve.

Thank you, but keep in mind some of us have mental symptoms that are very unpleasant and horrible.

By the looks of your signature, you have had physical ones. Want to trade?

I don't  know your situation, but it's clear you have done LSD.

Assuming, you THINK the experience is close to it.

Apology accepted, but please note that sometimes we get a bit hyped!

And it isn't just me, it is everyone going through it!

[a0...]
                                                                                                 !

I had some perceptual stuff happen to me too. It was weird. It wasnt visual... but when I closed my eyes, and rubbed my hands through my hair, while shampooing it in the shower... it felt like my head was SO MUCH SMALLER!

I've read there can be perceptional confusion during w/d... visually, smell, taste, and touch/feel.

Hang in there. If it's too bothersome or doesn't let up after a week or 2, I'd see your Dr. to get peace of mind. =) You don't have to take a pill, not saying that... but just to give you a peace of mind.

[a0...]

I see the doctor Friday, LOL I will mention it.

I'm assuming he will do an MRI and maybe the occasional EEG.

Yes I have some pretty weird perceptional stuff going on.

Thanks,

Billy.

[c9...]

Sigma, this is STILL my WORST symptom. I hate it b/c it renders me mentally retarded and unable to function. I am trying my best with it, but my family is becoming impatient. I'm not sure how to explain this to them, but I TRY. No one can understand though and I'm doing the best I can. I have horrid perceptual disturbances as well. My hair, hands, legs, etc do not look like mine, I have forgotten my entire life, for the most part. It's just almost impossible to live like this. I absolutely hate it and I'm not sure how much longer I can go on like this before I, and other people, become impatient. I'm doing the best I can, but I am totally non-functional because of it.

It never stops for me, either. It's a constant mental nightmare. If I could get breaks from it and KNOW that it will go away, I could handle it. But I'm beginning to doubt the process. I just want my mind back so that I can fend for myself, ya know? I'm sure you understand. Is yours letting up at all or is it pretty constant for you too??

Hang in there, Sigma, we'll get through this.

Thanks,

Billy.

How'd the doctor appointment go today?

[a0...]

Thanks,

Billy.

How'd the doctor appointment go today?

I put Friday!

LOL I go Monday.

See how warped my mind is.  ::)

[a0...]

Sigma, this is STILL my WORST symptom. I hate it b/c it renders me mentally retarded and unable to function. I am trying my best with it, but my family is becoming impatient. I'm not sure how to explain this to them, but I TRY. No one can understand though and I'm doing the best I can. I have horrid perceptual disturbances as well. My hair, hands, legs, etc do not look like mine, I have forgotten my entire life, for the most part. It's just almost impossible to live like this. I absolutely hate it and I'm not sure how much longer I can go on like this before I, and other people, become impatient. I'm doing the best I can, but I am totally non-functional because of it.

It never stops for me, either. It's a constant mental nightmare. If I could get breaks from it and KNOW that it will go away, I could handle it. But I'm beginning to doubt the process. I just want my mind back so that I can fend for myself, ya know? I'm sure you understand. Is yours letting up at all or is it pretty constant for you too??

Hang in there, Sigma, we'll get through this.

((Nicole))

I know how it feels and it's hard to explain it to others, I know.

This stuff is temporary. I hope it goes away soon for both of us.

I have not seen a break from the d/r and d/p in a while.

It is constant somewhat.

I hope this lets up soon.

Remember this is temporary. I had d/r and d/p years ago and it does go.

It took 6 months when I c/t Effexor. Go figure.

You hang in there!

I know it's hard to try to feel and cannot, but it goes.

Billy.

not very thoughtful.   

Hope things improve.

Sigma I mentioned before here to you... I feel what you feel now..

I just close my eyes when I have to leave the house and not look

Hang in there billy hang in there

luv

mishi

People do not understand how scary this is...Sigma I think it is from the K also....

I hope it goes away for me and you nic whoever has it.... you are not alone...

I have to leave the house today for awhile and I will just look down............

let me know if you are having a break from it at all god I hope yu do

Nic you too