Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

is it safe to taper completely with clonozepam?

[he...]

It IS possible to taper using K. I am doing it now. I use whole milk to make a mixture and pull a cut from it daily in order to titrate off of it. Just go slowly and listen to your body. I've used milk to titrate down from 1.25mg to .36mg and still going...hope to finish up in the next few months. Most important thing is not to set a timeline for yourself, but to just listen to your body as much as possible and make reductions as you can tolerate.

I'm doing it after spending 4 horrid months in c/t...and then reinstating, so I know you can do it too.

I wish you the very best.

Much love, ((HUGS)) and healing, Nicole

Hello! Yes, I'm using Ora-Plus from CVS. It's definitely a lot easier for me than water titration. I put the liquid in an old vitamin container, and carry it around with me in a lunchbox to keep it cold. I take it 3xs a day.

Would you mind explaining a little more?  What ratio of ora-plus to pills do you use? How to you take your doses?

And thanks for the feedback.  I thought that I did a cut, before I got your advice. But the last two days I have felt nothing.  No withdrawals symptoms at all, and I was feeling them before.  All I can think is that by trying to at break that crumbly pill into 1/4s I actually cut more than expected. 

So I'll sit with this for a few days and if still feeling nothing I'll cut again.

I'd like to make a video of making this kind of titration (for people like me who can't use milk - or just want to be able to carry it with them etc)  so any tips you can share would be helpful.

thanks, healthy

Most important thing is not to set a timeline for yourself, but to just listen to your body as much as possible and make reductions as you can tolerate.

I'm doing it after spending 4 horrid months in c/t...and then reinstating, so I know you can do it too.

I wish you the very best.

Much love, ((HUGS)) and healing, Nicole

Hi lamberfn,

Sorry to read about your experience. Unfortunately it sounds familiar here.  I was a bad patient fortunately and did not take all I was prescribed.  But I took enough to get here.

Thanks for your encouraging words.  I'm thankful this is here so I can connect with such friendly people as you. Your advice is wise, though I'm on a learning curve as far as listening to my body...  Time will help.

I hope that this taper goes much, much better for you.

my best,

Healthy

The ratio I'm on is 5mL to .5mg of Klonopin. At first, the math was intimidating but I worked it out. I started the suspension when I water titrated down to .30mg, so I started taking 3mL of the ora-plus. Now, I'm taking .15mL which is equal to .15mg of K.

If that's the ratio you get every 1 mL or the liquid is .1mg of Klonopin. I take my dose 3xs a day. I take .6mL at 10am, .4mL at 4pm, and .7mL at 10pm. I use a 1mL dropper. I notice you're currently taking about .71mg of K, so depending on when you make the switch you could get a 10mL dropper and 1 mL dropper, again, if you use the same ratio suspension I used you will be starting at about 7mLs.

I have gone really slow, and that would be my advice to anyone. I typically don't feel a cut until 7 days after I make it, but the cuts for me really have been cumulative, meaning, they all catch up with me if I go too fast, not necessarily after the most recent cut. I use to try to cut everyday, remove .1mL or so, which was way too fast. Now I cut .2mL or .2mg every 2 weeks, which I still think is too fast, so I will hold longer if I start feeling bad. I started my taper back in March from .5mg, so I'm hoping to be done by Christmas, so in total it will have taken me 9 months.

I think the liquid suspension really is accurate, or at least I think it is accurate which helps me feel more confident in my taper. When I was water titrating I felt like I was on a daily roller coaster ride, now my ride is bi-weekly:) I don't think the taper has been easy by any stretch of the imagination, I've had days when I just cry and feel so sick I want to just crawl up in a bawl forever, but I keep on pushing. Compartively speaking you could say I am doing quite well, I work full-time, training for a half marathon, travel etc, lots of people tapering couldn't do those things....stay positive, keep busy, and you will be fine!!!

good to read this, Anna. The mantra seems to be still go slowly. It is good for me to know that the K cuts and titration has worked. Hope you feel 100% soon. Sounds like you are on track. Very positive to hear how you are doing. Healthy and I are on a bit of the same timeline. It is so good for me to hear someone ahead in time doing well. I understand the functioning/not well scenario. Hope the "not well" part goes soon. Take care!

Thanks so much Anna,

My suspension is currently 2:1 and yes, the math is a bit intimidating-- considering how important it is to get the "right" answer.  It sounds like 10:1 has been more straight forward.  I was trying to conserve the ora-plus but, it really is such a small amount.   

It is very helpful to hear that you don't feel the cuts until 7 days.  I am beginning day 4 of the liquid and still don't feel a thing. I guess I'll hang on, like hanna says, and go slowly.  what's the hurry?

It's great to find someone who is using Ora-plus successfully.  I thought I was forging new territory. 

Sounds like you are doing well, I hope to hear more from you,

healthy