Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

16months 4 days and immensely suffering

[Ho...]

Hi there,

It does sound like a severe form of depression...go to the depression forums and they often complain of hurting, flu like symptoms, trouble thinking and feeling like they have lost their soul. Maybe getting some sunlight, try a tiny tiny dose of a b complex and work your way up, and maybe a bit of exercise to get that blood moving..sometimes we get stuck in a rut from benzo withdrawal, and we need to kick it in the butt to help our brain snap back into place.

xxoo

cupcake

Dear Perseverance:

Thank you for taking time to share all of this information.

What was the protocol for taking the MMA test? Did you have to "fast" prior to taking the MMA test?  Did you have to go in at a certain time of the day?  It would be so great if the B12 could help with the depression.  Did your interests come back after the first or second shot?  Did your depersonalization go away also after the first or second shot?

Thank you for caring.

Love, Hope4us

You can get blood drawn anytime of the day and no fasting is required. Yes, my interests did come back.  I didn't have DP with mine, I only got that from acute w/d for the first 2 months after Detox- it went away during my 3rd month.  Good luck and please keep me posted!

Dear Perseverance:

Thank you very much for everything and for taking time to explain everything to me.  We have contacted a doctor about the MMA test, and she is to get back with us on Monday.

Thanks again.

Hope4us

Dear Cupcake:

Thank you for writing and for your suggestions.

Hope4us

Dear Nuala, Marry, Perseverance, and Mishi:

Thanks to each of you for taking time to write.  I appreciate your care and support.

Hope4us

Luv you from far away and giving you hugs

Mishi

Please keep us posted and let us know what your blood tests reveal. BTW you mentioned depersonalization...whats that like for you?

Dear Cupcake:

The depersonalization for me is that I am completely disconnected with the world around me.  I feel as though I have lost my husband and children although they are present.  I cannot feel their joy or their fun or their interests.  When I look outside I cannot connect with what I see.  I cannot connect with our cat and the cute way it acts.  I can't connect with nature or the tv or reading or working on my photography or my friends, because these are all normal things and normal people.  I am completely walled off and left out from everything that has to do with human beings or any kind of productive activity. 

Before this all happened, everything I did in life was driven by joy and compassion.  I feel none of it now.  I can't do any of my creative interests because joy is what propelled them.  Now I feel grief and hatred along with the other negativity.

Thank you for writing.  I will let you know how the tests come out.  Thanks for caring.

Hope4us