Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Weather in "your neck of the woods?"

[tr...]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [tr...]

• [Be...]

• [TP...]

• [la...]

Top Posters In This Topic

We are finally getting a break from the hot weather.  Only got to 82 F yesterday and expect about the same today.  However, if history is any indication, we are due for at least one more heat wave before the real Fall weather gets here.  Kind of a reverse Indian Summer.  8)

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/marnie_020/rain.gif

Pittled down all day....

• 2 weeks later...
Oh joy... fire season has returned to Southern California.  It was SO windy here last night but quite cool.  Set to heat up this week with the Santa Ana winds that blow down from the desert.  Makes for gorgeous clear days, but makes us canyon residents a bit nervous with the fire hazard.  :o

you could come here for the Santa Anas and fires. We're off to grand start. Beautiful orange skies and lots of ashes. All you need is a little wind and a lot of crazy fire bugs.

Their not sure on the 2 bigs ones yet,to soon to tell and too busy fighting it. 5 small that burned only up 500 acres are arson. Thay have control of those ones. But it seems like they wait til the firefighters are really busy than start them at different corners. Because we get NO rain, it takes nothing for it to move over a huge amount of area. We'll see how it goes. It strange when it's all orange and ashes the size of quarters. It's like you are standing in hell. I always feel bad for the elderly, they always die, because of air quality.

Well the power went out at about 7.30 am.  I survived,  but it wasn't easy.  Life without flat-irons is simply not worth living.  ( and you thought live without meds was hard...  HA!!)  However, I got through the day with no probs as there was plenty of electricity at work.  I called DWP and they had no idea when the power would be restored so I killed time after work hanging out where there were lights and stuff.  DWP said they'd call me when the power was restored.  I though that was a great plan. However, about 7:30 I called my neighbour and she said it had been back on for a while I went home.  And yes... the power is ON!!!  Then, strangely, the DWP called and left an automated message that the power was estimated to be back on around 2am.  Hand sup anyone who thinks I should call them back and let them know that it's been on for hours...???  :D

• 2 weeks later...

We (West Central Florida) are having the most wonderful weather!  The windows have been open the last couple of days with a very nice breeze blowing.  It feels great not to have the a/c on.  It's getting down in the 40's tonight, great sleeping weather.  :)  Tomorrow will be in the 70's....I know it probably won't last but it's good while it's here!  ;D

Same here, TS, although about 5-10 degrees cooler.  I have my fuzzy slippers on tonight 'cause my tootsies got cold.  Way better than the sweating.  :thumbsup:

Same here, TS, although about 5-10 degrees cooler.  I have my fuzzy slippers on tonight 'cause my tootsies got cold.  Way better than the sweating.  :thumbsup:

Way better!  And they are saying tomorrow night will be record breaking cold!  Can't wait!