Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Weather in "your neck of the woods?"

[tr...]

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [tr...]

• [Be...]

• [TP...]

• [la...]

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  The good old summertime, South Florida style.

Hot, humid  and mosquito-y here; the usual for North Fla. in July-September.  Gakkk.

Lovely warm day here in Hollywood.  Humid yesterday but the evenings are cooling down a little. 

"Spewful Climb a Treely"!!!

Hmmm.. wonder who'll get that one...  :sneaky:

Lovely warm day here in Hollywood.  Humid yesterday but the evenings are cooling down a little. 

Hmmm.. wonder who'll get that one...   :sneaky:

Not me!!  :2funny:

Hmmm.. wonder who'll get that one...   :sneaky:

"Beautiful climate, really."?

Hmmm.. wonder who'll get that one...  :sneaky:

"Beautiful climate, really."?

Beeper rocks it like a hurricane!!!  Benzo free and mind as sharp as a.... um... sharp thing.    Clearly I still have a little way to go until I am Benzo free  :D

Beeper rocks it like a hurricane!!!  Benzo free and mind as sharp as a.... um... sharp thing.   

You are tooo funny, Bryn!  :2funny:

Beeper rocks it like a hurricane!!!  Benzo free and mind as sharp as a.... um... sharp thing.    Clearly I still have a little way to go until I am Benzo free  :D

:2funny:  Oh my!  I can so relate to that!!  I've been there so many times.

What scared me today was someone was relating something that happened a year ago, and I had no recollection so I assumed I was out of the country at the time.  Then he looked up in his records and found that not only was I in town but I was also part of the presentation.  I still have no real recollection!    I mean the same presentation  happened 2 years ago, and also this past Sunday and I remember them both... it;s just the middle one, the one from last year that is completely gone from my memory.  That hasn't happened before. Total non-recall  :o  We laughed about it - and made jokes about smoking too much crack or something - old age, etc!    ( Not everyone knows about my little affair with Mr Benzo)    I certainly am looking forward to my mind waking up. 

I want to whine about the weather a little.  It is 8:30pm and the heat index is 98 degrees. I used to look forward to summer but now I dread it.  :(

It's raining and raining and raining...everyday.....and it's hot.  I am not looking forward to the hurricane forecast everyday....I know they're coming.  And I hope it's not my way. ???

Spent Friday & Saturday out in the desert.  Must have been at least 110F!!  ( yes but it's a dry heat  :thumbsup:    Everything from the ground to the metal arm rests on the lounge chairs was scorching.  Plus... get this.. my car almost overheated on the way back so for the first 20 miles out of PS, we had to have the heater on full blast  :o  Thankfully we sorted out the problem and were able to get the AC working for the rest of the drive back to LA.  It was actually 'chilly' here last night!!!

Spent Friday & Saturday out in the desert.  Must have been at least 110F!!  ( yes but it's a dry heat  :thumbsup:    Everything from the ground to the metal arm rests on the lounge chairs was scorching.  Plus... get this.. my car almost overheated on the way back so for the first 20 miles out of PS, we had to have the heater on full blast  :o   Thankfully we sorted out the problem and were able to get the AC working for the rest of the drive back to LA.   It was actually 'chilly' here last night!!!

When my now-ex and I were moving from Oklahoma to Arizona, we had the same thing happen to our car.  Even replaced the radiator cap but still had to make the whole trip with the heat on.  When we go to our destination, it was 107F! I thought I was going to die! And no A/C where were staying, either. In fact, I believe that trip was the straw that broke the back of our marriage.  Hadn't thought of that in years.

Spent Friday & Saturday out in the desert.  Must have been at least 110F!!  ( yes but it's a dry heat  :thumbsup:    Everything from the ground to the metal arm rests on the lounge chairs was scorching.  Plus... get this.. my car almost overheated on the way back so for the first 20 miles out of PS, we had to have the heater on full blast  :o  Thankfully we sorted out the problem and were able to get the AC working for the rest of the drive back to LA.  It was actually 'chilly' here last night!!!

When my now-ex and I were moving from Oklahoma to Arizona, we had the same thing happen to our car.  Even replaced the radiator cap but still had to make the whole trip with the heat on.  When we go to our destination, it was 107F! I thought I was going to die! And no A/C where were staying, either. In fact, I believe that trip was the straw that broke the back of our marriage.  Hadn't thought of that in years.

Poor you!!!  That sounds hellish.  When we stopped at the gas station we were not sure that topping up the radiator would help as we did not know what the problem was.  So just in case I bought a big  bag of ice.  I thought I would die if we had to drive the 93 miles back to LA in searing heat.. AND with the heater on full blast, I was very freaked out.    I can see how that  could destroy a marriage  :(

And so I hugged the bag of ice  for the first half hour until it seemed safe to turn on the AC again.  It wasn't so bad - having spent the weekend in the sauna and desert heat, I just tried to think of it as 'therapy'!!!  But my gosh it could have been so much worse.  We didn't even hit any traffic.

Hugging a bag of ice! What a great, novel idea.  That, my friend, is thinking outside the box for sure.  Wish I had thought about it back then.

Lol.. I can't remember when I first figured that one out.  I think it was when we ( when I was married) were driving around Italy and we one of the bottles of water we bought was  frozen I realized how cool it kept me.  Plus back in London we never had AC so in summer time I used to spray cold water on myself and sit in front of the fan!!  Since then some bright spark invented 'personal fans with mister sprays'.. but it was me that thought of it first - honest!! 

When I saw the bag of ice in the gas station I thought it would be a good idea.  It didn't  all melt on the way back and is now in my freezer!!

I do that misting thing, too, but my mister's broke.  ???  That's amazing that the cubes didn't melt.  I remember having a cup of ice from an ice machine and putting them in my mouth one by one to cool off.  They were almost gone by the time they hit my tongue.  I hope never to be that hot again and try to be a good girl for that very reason.  :2funny:

I do that misting thing, too, but my mister's broke.  ???  That's amazing that the cubes didn't melt.  I remember having a cup of ice from an ice machine and putting them in my mouth one by one to cool off.  They were almost gone by the time they hit my tongue.  I hope never to be that hot again and try to be a good girl for that very reason.  :2funny:

Beeper = One Hot Chick!!!

I think the reason that my ice bag didn't melt ....  is... wait for it...  I iz just tooo cool...    8)

OK shoot me now. 

( Bryn ducks and runs out to the kitchen to forage for berries and twigs...)

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon up to Oregon, Sugarlily, if you're looking for some sun. Beautiful here, sunny and warm but getting HOT towards the end of the week.

Lynne  8)

lem - I'm in Oregon too and I'm dreading the next few days of heat!

I might have to go spend some time in my parent's air-conditioned house. The last thing I feel like doing is being social, but I also don't want to melt in my apartment.    :)

I guess the weather forcing me into some human contact is probably actually a good thing...

"It's raining, it's pouring" (but no one is snoring}.  ;D We're under a tornado watch until 6pm.  As long as I still have electricity, it's all fine with me.  :thumbsup:

West Central FL--Thunder, lightening, wind, rain, all night last night and had monsoons off and on today.  Trees down here and there from last night. 

Sauna conditions.