Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Thunder is Xanax free!

[Pa...]

Hi Jerell,

You will be here with me benzo free soon.  I noticed we both took xanax and welbrutin.  I am on welbrutin for a couple more weeks as benzobuddies suggested not tapering from that at the same time as xanax.  You are on stronger doses and I was on it longer. 

You can do this!  I wasn't sure I could however I wasn't going to let a little pill beat me! I am too stubborn for that....lol....

Remember "This too shall pass".  That is a great saying and don't give in to the pills.  I tapered for four months and I slipped one day, took increased milligram and got back on the lesser milligram the next day and I am now benzo free....and so far, so good and you can do this also.

Gail  "Thunder"

Hi Thunder,

Congratulations!!!!  You did it!  I am so happy for you. 

How long have you been on the Welbutrin (sp?) and are you really going to taper off it in a few weeks?

Take care and thanks for the info,

NYClady

Hi NYClady,

Thanks.

I have been taking welbrutin approximately eight - ten years.  Some amount of time I took the xanax.  I am seriously considering tapering welbrutin in a few weeks.  I will check with benzobuddies administrator and moderators and everyone else to ask what they think re this.

I did what they told me re xanax and it worked for me.  It took me four months to taper from xanax however I did that slowly and so far, so good.

Gail  "Thunder"

Hi Gail,

http://graphics.comments.funmunch.com/congratulations/congratulations_comment_graphic_04.gif 

:)    Ilana.

Hi Honeym,

I am doing okay and hope you are also.

Thanks and I couldn't have done this without benzobuddies.

Gail  "Thunder"

Tomorrow will be one week benzo free and I feel okay.

I keep very busy and try to think about other things. 

Today I am working in the yard and also going to clean somewhat in the house.  My nephew is coming over to help us with some other things we want done around here. 

Getting the house ready to maybe sell in the Spring.  Going to visit someone Thursday evening and also going somewhere Friday evening.  Going to movies Friday.

Gail  "Thunder"

Hi Gail,

Looks like your on your way. Keep up the good work. And it looks like your giving yourself plenty of time to get your house ready. Been there too.

Love Honeyxxx

So proud of you Thunder...you handle all of this with so much optimism and class...something I know can't always be so easy.  I am now 8 days free and feeling ups and downs, but learning to manage the downs much better. 

And I thoroughly enjoy the ups. :)

All the best to you,

Schatje

Hi Honeym,

Giving us plenty of time to get the house ready and doesn't have to be then however need to choose a date to shoot for when you are going to move.

Thanks.

Gail    "Thunder"

Hi Schatje,

You are doing good and we are one day apart from stopping benzos.  We can celebrate together in one year. 

"You gotta' do what you gotta' do" - a dear neighbor of ours always said that and she passed away a few years ago young - 64 and to me that is young - sweet lady - and I always remember that and it is really that simple.

Hang in there.

Gail  "Thunder"    "This too did pass".