Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What do i need to do to be at my best for tapering

[Br...]

Hello! Just wondering if folks have suggestions on how to get real healthy before starting their taper so our bodies have less to contend with. I am currently struggling with anemia as well as a vitamin d deficiency so i am nervous about starting a taper when I am already so fatigued and lacking energy. I try to do yoga regularly and go on walks but eating is often difficult for me. But i guess i need to hunker down and change things but im just wondering if there are specific tapering things that need to happen to make things easier! Thanks yall.

• 2 weeks later...

When i had trouble eating during withdrawal, i would drink full fat milk, drink heavy cream and mix a little whey protein powder in my milk.

I would also take a strong multi vitamin/mineral tablet. Some people can't handle suppliments during withdrawal. I would also isolate myself during the first 5 days after a cut. 

I would ask my mom if she would wash my clothes and clean my apartment. When the most severe symptoms would pass i would do those things myself again.

My family has been very supportive during this. When i had the cognitive symptoms, i would binge watch positive videoes on youtube. I love dairy food as you can tell.

But I would stock up on high calorie food before beginning taper. Fixing your vitamin D deficiency and anemia might take a couple of months, so you could wait to taper before that is fixed? In the end its up to you.

Sorry you havent got an answer sooner.

Edited by [Le...]

On 16/10/2024 at 21:12, [[B...] said:

Hello! Just wondering if folks have suggestions on how to get real healthy before starting their taper so our bodies have less to contend with. I am currently struggling with anemia as well as a vitamin d deficiency so i am nervous about starting a taper when I am already so fatigued and lacking energy. I try to do yoga regularly and go on walks but eating is often difficult for me. But i guess i need to hunker down and change things but im just wondering if there are specific tapering things that need to happen to make things easier! Thanks yall.

I was going to suggest exercise, but I see you go on walks.  So, I'd suggest continuing that.  Maybe add some light weight lifting to your regimen, only if you feel up to it.

Perhaps do some meditation and visualize yourself tapering and feeling all right afterwards.  I suggest getting into the mindset of not having to be perfect with your taper.  Members have screwed up measuring doses or forgetting a dose here and there, with no ill effects.

Trying to get some good rest before your tapering starts would be key.  Tapering is new to a lot of people and can be stressful in and of itself.

Finally, like @[Le...] suggested, see if you can improve what you're already struggling with:  your anemia and vitamin D deficiency.

Good luck to you.