Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Heat sensitivity around stomach and back

[Co...]

Has anyone else experienced pretty extreme heat sensitivity in their stomach and back? Whenever I am laying in bed a pillow on my stomach makes it feel like it is burning up. I also experience this when sitting in a chair, on my back, as if the heat cannot be dissipated. It is like a heating pad and pretty uncomfortable. Sometimes just my shirt will give me this feeling toward the end of the day. My skin seems to be super sensitive in those areas. I am about a year into my taper from 30mgs of Valium that I was on for over 8 years. At 5 mgs now and have not dropped further as life stress now is so intense I can’t afford the extra burden of anxiety from another drop. It could push me over the edge. I’m barely surviving now. I also have an upset stomach most of the time, whether it is empty or full. No appetite to tell the truth. I just eat to survive. Any input would be great. Thanks. 

I have experienced heat sensitivity in the early days of withdrawal - standing next to the stove, heating unit, even spending more time under the sun caused flare up in nausea, head pressure and light sensitivity. I had overall skin sensitivity, but especially torso, arms. 

This symptom is mostly gone now, thankfully :)

You might be considering slowing your taper or holding for a while if you feel symptoms might be getting a bit more difficult for you. 

Thanks for this. I recently started a small dose of Lexapro to try to help with the depression and anxiety that existed before the benzos, but is so much worse now. I’m going to give it a couple more days, but think my system may be just too sensitive right now all around. I also have a lot of light and sound sensitivity/tinnitus. Stomach is constantly upset. Just got back from my primary care doctor and my labs looked fine. Blood pressure was decent, but has been lot higher recently, also low grade fever at night when I am feeling the worst. Been holding at 5 mgs for a few months now. Don’t know if holding at a taper dose can cause tolerance withdrawal. Any ideas?

Edited by [Co...]