Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Well. Today's the Day...

...Sort of.

BenzoBuddies officially opened its doors on September 19th, 2004. But due to last moment technical problems (the nature of which I no longer recall), I think we only enabled registrations the following day. So, is today, or tomorrow, the official anniversary? I'll leave that to you to decide - but I'm doing it today!

We celebrated the 10th anniversary on September 19th - so this is consistent at least. If anyone is interested, we had more low key celebration of that anniversary - you can access the thread here:

BB is Ten Years Old!

This is the earliest screen capture I can find for BB (December 8th, 2004). The images are missing, but it might still be interesting to see. (The image is clickable for clearer view).

BB-2004-12-08-cropped.png

I doubt anyone will remember this, but I located the missing image from the Welcome to the Community forum:

HelloChain.gif

Lordy. It all was a bit hokey back then - and mostly my fault. And the post counts were less than stellar. ::) But that's how BB started out. More of a group of online friends wishing to provide an alternative to the existing forums at the time than a fully-fledged benzodiazepine withdrawal support community.

I'll see if I can locate other images/views from way back when. If any of you have anything, please post it - I'd love to see it.

Twenty years - blimey.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Just to say Happy Birthday to BenzoBuddies and i'd so much like everyone here to have the day as a turning point towards feeling better:balloon:

Thank you @[Co...] and those who helped you then for the idea of this safe place for us and thanks to all Team members and buddies🤩 

I'm sincerely glad i joined this incredibly helpful community a bit less than a year ago:classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@[Co...],

Like many others here, and virtually around the world, I can’t begin to say how grateful we are for this forum. You started this as a small group and look how it’s grown! It’s pretty amazing but also sad that we still need such a resource. 

It is so difficult to go weeks, months, years without receiving true and valid information about benzos, withdrawal and recovery. Finding those who share this journey is a lifeline.  Shared experiences  and knowledge often supersedes the quality of care given by our providers. 

You could have walked away, moved on, but you didn’t. You maintained BB and kept it going, and for that I am grateful. I’m sure everyone agrees with me about this. Thank you Colin! 

I kind of like the little guys, they had disappeared by the time I joined in 2011.

PG :smitten:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Happy Birthday to BenzoBuddies❤️

Wow, but @[Co...], your Baby is all grown up now🎵

To another 10 years and may all the Oldtimers who lost their way come back Home🙏🏻 Cause they were all wrong like I was. This is Home for our weary Souls🏠

I freaking miss them, I just don't forget people like that. I remember every single one🤍

I'm not saying anything, but my Kitty came to live to me around this time more than 12 years ago - this was a happy time😸🍁🍂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Congratulations @[Co...] and BB!

you have changed so many lives for the better! What an amazing community you have created. I know the purpose was not necessarily to create a legacy but you did that with every life this site has touched.

I’m so fortunate to be part of the team and having the knowledge of what happens behind the scenes, I know just how much work and effort you put into this community. Thank you for your dedication and commitment!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Thank you all for your kind words - I humbly accept, but surely do not deserve them.

Though, I bet you are all glad that we are not still running the forum using 'YaBB', or still using those gifs! :D