Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

TMS (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for PAWS and panic attacks?

[id...]

[id...]

Did anybody try TMS (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) to help with mental health symptoms of withdrawal and PAWS or even just anxiety and depression?

My therapist recommended TMS because I'm really raw now in terms of my symptoms and even slipping into depression on top of the PAWS that suddenly resurfaced. I am a bit skeptical of any "miracle cure". I don't want to get side effects from it but I can't find much info on side effects and that's a bit sus too.

[Cr...]

Hello @[am...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I have used the search function for "TMS" and "transcranial magnetic stimulation" and got many results. At a glimpse I am seeing many mixed opinions, which is typical for most alternative treatments.

• Like 1

[id...]
17 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hello @[am...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I have used the search function for "TMS" and "transcranial magnetic stimulation" and got many results. At a glimpse I am seeing many mixed opinions, which is typical for most alternative treatments.

I realized that I could use the search after I posted and I do see that it's a controversial therapy. 

My insurance would pay for it that's why I assumed it was a mainstream treatment.

[id...]
26 minutes ago, [[a...] said:

I’m also Curious.

I decided against it for now since historically MRI machines make my vertigo worse so I'm assuming I'm sensitive to magnets.

[Co...]

I just thought that I'd mention that there is at least one other recent thread on TMS. It might be interesting/helpful to this discussion.

• Like 1

[br...]

ive been offered it as well, because my insurance allows for the most treatements out of all of them, but im really scared to try it it also is 5 days a week

[Le...]

these people know about as much about your mind as benjamin franklin knew about computing. he probably would have tossed his iphone in a jar and tried to charge it with lighting after the whole key experiment trapped some lightning in a jar . these jokers will try to wirelessly charge your brain now apparently. what could go wrong!?

dont electrocute your brain. 

[An...]

I have written about my experience with TMS many times here. It did not help me at all. I think I tried it back in 2012, 13 maybe......can't quite recall. I think it is safe. I do however question the efficacy. I know it is a big moneymaker for doctors so they push it hard at patients. I really think they would love for it to work and help patients, but a big underlying motivation is money. All I got out of it was a slight headache after each therapy session. I experienced no positive mental health effects that I could discern. Try it.......it will either work for you or it won't, but it is far from being the magic bullet like the website says.

https://neurostar.com/what-is-neurostar-advanced-therapy/