Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Uncertainty around what could possibly happen.

[Re...]

[Re...]

I’m 22m from Scotland. I started using Valium for coming down of mdma around 2 months ago. it was great helped massively, however before I knew it I was using them throughout the week without really giving it a second  thought regardless of the dangers I was well aware of and being clinically trained in (I’m a nurse). I’ve had some breaks in between maybe a week or two here and there and I’d make my girlfriend hide them from me unless it was for after a party or I was suffering from a panic attack (I have  GAD and PTSD) I’d lie to her and buy the odd batch of street Xanax and take them if I was going out and didn’t want to drink or take any drugs in social environments that would involved this it would help! It would also help with some cannabis anxiety I can get some times. Fast forward to now I’ve used quite frequently over the past couple months on average maybe 2-3x a week in fairly high doses. I used around 8mg of Xanax over a 3 day period last weekend and then found 2 10mg Valium in my drawer last night after stopping for a couple days. I’ve woken up today extremely groggy, body aches anxiety agitation. How will I be able to tell if I’ve developed a physical dependence? do I need just to wait and see? I don’t feel the need to them have them  and also don’t have the easiest access to them. I’m just worried I have developed physical dependence. I’m aware this post is all over the place I’m just not in the best head space and very unsure of what’s to come. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[Pa...]

Hello @[Re...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Its quite possible your body has developed dependence, I've seen it happen in as little as 10 days but without a steady supply I'm not sure how you'll be able to taper, do you have any left?

We hope to see those using the drug for a short time taper faster than long term users, it can be uncomfortable but we hate to see you taper for longer than you used it.  But, if symptoms are too intense, then a slow taper is advised to keep you functional.

Can you tell us if you'll be able to secure a steady supply so you can do a taper or is cold turkey looking like your only option? 

Lets keep talking so we can work this out.  I don't have experience with mdma but from what I've seen here, benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery is the most brutal of all medications and illegal drugs, I'd opt to face any other drug withdrawal over this one. 

@[Pa...]